[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>watching Gasaraki >fucking possessed samurai robot comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 1448262481896.jpg (157KB, 700x492px) Image search: [Google]
1448262481896.jpg
157KB, 700x492px
>watching Gasaraki
>fucking possessed samurai robot comes out of nowhere and starts cleaning house

I thought you guys said this show was supposed to be realistic
>>
>>13740470
>this show was supposed to be realistic
Said no one ever.

It's by Ryousuke Takahashi, so he gotta insert his random mystical bullshit.
>>
>>13740470
>I thought you guys said this show was supposed to be realistic
When and where?
>>
>>13740470
WTF you talking about? This shit happens all the time in Nipponland
>>
File: couldabeenanybody.png (480KB, 640x497px) Image search: [Google]
couldabeenanybody.png
480KB, 640x497px
I dunno what you're talkin' about - I distinctly remember people saying that the show was about GRAIN.
>>
>>13740470
I always saw anyone who said that it was realistic use of mechs make sure to mention the Japanese ghost bullshit alongside that.
>>
>>13740470

We told you it had grit, not necessarily realism.
>>
>>13740470
As soon as I saw a man dancing in a mask being paraded as "science" I turned the show off and went back to dougram
>>
>>13740648
Sounds like someone doesn't understand the science of dance magic dance.
>>
>>13740682
I missed that class in university, I was too busy playing MTG and getting drunk
>>
>>13740470
>this show was supposed to be realistic
What? Are you saying this DOESN'T happen every other day? You must live in a pretty damn boring part of the world, Anon.
>>
I've always wondered why most of /m/ seems to dislike mysticism and similar things in their robot cartoons when many classic science fiction stories have it in spades.
>>
>>13740682
dougram had jump magic jump
>>
>>13740720
Cuz muh realism.

We fantasize about being these pilots... in OUR real world.

Supernatural things don't exist in the real world.
It breaks out fantasy
>>
>>13740720
/m/ has an obsession with "Muh realism". Anything that can be considered as "too mystical" in /m/'s eyes whether or not it makes sense for the story is bad.

It's not even irony to say /m/'s ideal mecha anime is a group of adult battle-hardened mercanaries who ride around in grunts and kill people while they wax on about the futility of life. While fucking bitches of course.
>>
>>13740470
WE WARNED YOU
COUNTLESS TIMES
YOU WEREN'T PREPARED FOR IT

YOU WEREN'T READY FOR THE REALEST REAL.
>>
>>13740761
I've watched and read too much /m/ shit to ever want to get into a giant robot. Shit terrifies me and I would want nothing to do with them if they ever actually became a thing.
>>
>>13740796
>implying there's anything wrong with that
>>
>>13740720
Sad because I actually want more of those.
>>13740796
That desire is too similar to IBO's premise for its own good.
>>
>>13740720
I always like a bit of that, personally. And not things like Evangelion, which just use religious shit because it sounds cool, I like it when series do big parallels to mythology and shit like that.
>>
>>13740796
Nah man that's just the way Amerifats thinks.
And most of /m/ right now are from that dumbass country.
>>
>>13740955
Like heroic age?
Heracles in space!
>>
File: heroic age things.jpg (254KB, 950x1309px) Image search: [Google]
heroic age things.jpg
254KB, 950x1309px
>>13740983
Heroic Age is fucking great. Had a good feel to it.
>>
>>13740955
Mythology wasn't what I was talking about, but whatever frosts your cakes I guess
>>
>>13741043
Heroic age thread!
>>
>>13740949
>That desire is too similar to IBO's premise for its own good.
Now you're getting it
>>
>>13741253
What, that IBO was what /m/ wanted all along and then they just shat over it? That /m/ doesn't know what it wants? I will give that IBO has been dropping the ball though. But this isn't an IBO thread now is it?
>>
>>13741278
>/m/ doesn't know what it wants

/m/ finds a reason to complain about everything.

More than 3 mecha shows airing? It's all shit except for the one that isn't popular on /a/.

Less than 3? Genre's dying, fuck Japan and its shit taste.
>>
>>13741278
>That /m/ doesn't know what it wants?
Mainly this.
>>
>>13741278
>that IBO was what /m/ wanted all along
I love this meme
>>
>>13741278
>IBO was what /m/ wanted all along
It might have been, if the entire staff wasn't so half-hearted about the whole production. It doesn't even have constant silly twists in each episode to keep viewers from being bored.
>>
>>13740720
The more mysticism in my robots, the better. Super robots are animist as fuck to begin with.
>>
>>13740796
>>13741278
>It's not even irony to say /m/'s ideal mecha anime is
>at IBO was what /m/ wanted all along

I wonder where these fucking morons come from
>>
>>13740470
what the best release for this?
>>
>>13740682
Too soon
>>
>>13741582
There's only one you can find easily now. Use that one.
>>
>>13740796
Well, most /m/en are Americans, so it's not surprising.
>>
>>13740549

Yes, the rice speculation must flow!
>>
JUST GRAIN FUTURES MY SHIT UP FAMILIA
>>
>>13740470
>I thought you guys said this show was supposed to be realistic

The mechs and politics (GRAIN) are realistic, but that's it. Mysticism is par for the course for Takahashi, so never expect the plot/story to be realistic.
>>
>>13740720
I enjoy it as long as it is Japanese mysticism, since that is something which is completely alien to me. It's why Takahashi is one of my favorite anime directors.
>>
File: 1370549479494.jpg (93KB, 735x512px) Image search: [Google]
1370549479494.jpg
93KB, 735x512px
>>13740972
The irony in this post is astounding. Well done.
>>
>>13740796
Realism feels like "yeah this shit is can happen and feel near home" and mysticism feels like "too out worldly, subjective experience and east plot device".

We grew up watching the "hero" having the best gear beating the shit out of "Evil villains" in cartoons.
So , we feel things to become mature and professional like.Part of the reason why "Gegiga" movement became a trend in Japanese anime and manga. Gundam in it's initial run failed but became a spectacular more became aware of it.

"Related to real life " makes it real so that no one can tell us we are watching bullshit childish shit. To feel grown up by doing grown up shit is an universal phenomenon. Even in Japan you are expected to leave behind anime and do adults things like drinking in company affliciated club or play golf.

And let me tell you something- I hate it.

You see, both creative and technical stuff in fictional medium must be appreciated.
There is a fine line to become a hedonist and a machinist, and a fine balance of both is what needed for human expression and survival.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.