[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a Gundam and SDF phase many years ago and spent some time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
I had a Gundam and SDF phase many years ago and spent some time here. I have a hankering for some new (to me) /m/ content and was considering something like Dougram. Last I saw, some guy was subbing it practically alone. Did he finish? Is it even worth it?

I liked /m/ because of the amount of effort some of you guys put into finding and even localizng stuff, making sure the well never runs dry. Very unique for 4chan. I love you all.
>>
Yes and yes.
>>
I remember downloading the whole series from BakaBT, so if it's the same guy, then yes, he finished.
>>
>>13711528
Everything's been done from that series, yes. And it's entirely worth sitting through unless your only reason for watching things is fight scenes (not that Dougram's are outright BAD, but it's much more focused on the overall plot than the fights).

If you were around at that point, quite a few other series have been subbed in the intervening years as well.
>>
>>13711528
For reference, the guy in question is Crinn, named after the series' MC. Unfortunately he's currently MIA, but his efforts are well-respected.
>I liked /m/ because of the amount of effort some of you guys put into finding and even localizng stuff, making sure the well never runs dry.
You'll be glad to know that aspect hasn't changed.
>>
>>13711528
Dougram is finished and fully available.
It's really nice.
>>
File: DDDD.jpg (105KB, 814x544px) Image search: [Google]
DDDD.jpg
105KB, 814x544px
>>13711528
>Did he finish?
Yes
>Is it even worth it?
Yes.
This and Votoms were some of the mecha anime that actually do the "real robot" thing pretty good.
>>
>>13711528
First ~20 episodes might feel painfully slow. I think it gets much better as it goes on so if you aren't into it at first stick with it.

I think that watching Dougram makes VOTOMS much cooler because you can see how the progression of Dougram's production influenced the production of VOTOMS. Certain themes and ideas from Dougram come up in VOTOMS, and the main cast even have cameos in the background.
>>
Thanks all. I'll get started after I finish patlabor TV this week.

What other older shows have been subbed since then? I know giant gorg is actually getting a US release for some reason. Did any Braves stuff ever get finished?
>>
>>13711528
It's an extremely slow series but it's so well-written that it doesn't even feel boring. It's really worth the watch.
>>
>>13713294
White Castle Subs did all of Iron Leaguer when Alpha Numbers was clearly not going to finish it any time soon. Also, GUIS has miraculously recovered to finish off Bioman, while some more 90s Sentai got covered (including the legendary Carranger).
>Did any Braves stuff ever get finished?
Yup, Da Garn no less. Although they're not finished yet, two separate projects for Exkaiser and Goldran are underway (incidentally, sasword did another release for the latter today).
>>
>>13712142
I'm kind of shocked such a cancerous meme exists for an anime as old and obscure as Dagram
>>
>>13713451
Oh, have mercy on Spurdo, will you?
At least the jokes are related to the series.
>>
File: 1281500304228.jpg (482KB, 2465x3347px) Image search: [Google]
1281500304228.jpg
482KB, 2465x3347px
>>
>>13713428
Someones subbing Exkaiser again??
>>
>>13713451
Must be work of a /m/an since >>13715389
>>
>>13715551
Yep, and they're moving pretty consistently so far.
>>
File: 1291646637727.jpg (396KB, 1718x1738px) Image search: [Google]
1291646637727.jpg
396KB, 1718x1738px
>>
File: Bryger.png (230KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bryger.png
230KB, 640x480px
>>13713294
Galactic Cyclone Bryger comes to mind.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.