[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the criteria that makes a bad /m/ related show/movie/game/book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: is anything certain.png (2MB, 696x2356px) Image search: [Google]
is anything certain.png
2MB, 696x2356px
What are the criteria that makes a bad /m/ related show/movie/game/book according to /m/?
>>
If it has Gundam on the title.
>>
>>13689524
Anything Mazinger or Getter related is 2/10 by default, unless it's manga Go which gets a 3/10 for trying to be a Gundam/Ideon clone and escape from its shitty past
>>
>>13689524
It doesn't have memes
>>
>>13689524
>according to /m/?
It exists.

No seriously that's all it takes.
>>
>>13689524
Being released.
>>
File: 1437677638101.jpg (59KB, 636x476px) Image search: [Google]
1437677638101.jpg
59KB, 636x476px
>>13689524
>>
File: gundam fans.png (3MB, 377x4900px) Image search: [Google]
gundam fans.png
3MB, 377x4900px
>>
>>13689681
>>13689700
I've heard someone on /m/ say the SEED movie is terrible once
>>
>>13689524
/m/ is not a hivemind and assuming it is will only make you look silly

there are people here that like things
there are people here that hate things
there are people here who will pretend to be either for attention
>>
File: mecha fans.png (221KB, 684x1261px) Image search: [Google]
mecha fans.png
221KB, 684x1261px
>>13689720
>>
>>13689524
>CG
>It's written by someone notoriously pretentious who isn't Imagawa or Oshi
>It's written by post-90s Tomino
>>
>>13689524

It doesn't pander hard to /m/ and /m/ alone or just refer to >>13689717
>>
It's /m/ if jannies don't delete the thread.
>>
A bad mecha show I'd say comes in two flavors

The ones that have a lot of potential but don't do anything with it like Captain Earth. While not offensive, it doesn't leave an impression besides "This really could of been more interesting"

Then you get the shows that treat you like an idiot. In that they try and sell themselves as mature or well written but who fall apart under scrutiny. They don't follow their own internal logic or do things just for the sake of trying to keep the audience hooked with twists. I won't name any names because they'll cause the fans to sperg out and start shit fling.

A good mecha show doesn't need to be high budget or doesn't have to be original. It just needs to stay consistent with itself, provide decent mech action and deliver with it's ending.

I'd say Majestic Prince is a good example of this. It didn't have the highest budget, it wasn't very innovative either, but it never strayed from the tone it established for itself and never tried to be something it's not.
>>
>>13689524
>What are the criteria that makes a bad /m/ related show/movie/game/book according to /m/?

It gets made.
>>
>>13689524
Zeon is the protagonist.

Meaning only MS IGLOO is good. MS IGLOO a shit.
>>
>>13689524
Anything from the early 70s or earlier AKA the infant days of nip mecha when they either didn't know what the fuck to do or how to use what they thought up even remotely properly
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.