[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been looking for good old 80-90s TV series to watch for a while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1433678930073.gif (802KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1433678930073.gif
802KB, 500x375px
Been looking for good old 80-90s TV series to watch for a while and found out I haven't seen the following series:
>Blue Comet SPT Layzner
>Aura Battler Dunbine
>Giant Gorg
>Sonic Soldier Borgman
>Metal Armor Dragonar
>Panzer World Galient

Which one of these are worth watching? Does all these have subbed version (preferably bluray or high quality dvd rip) lying around internet?
>>
>>13688047
All, and yes.

Dougram is a good one too.
>>
>>13688047
>Blue Comet SPT Layzner
Not particularly good
>>Aura Battler Dunbine
Not particularly good
>>Giant Gorg
Mediocre
>Sonic Soldier Borgman
Bad
>Metal Armor Dragonar
Boring and by the numbers even by /m/ standards
>Panzer World Galient
Not even as good as Layzer or Dunbine
>>
>>13688047

Layzner is a real mixed bag due to its cancellation and allot of wasted time. The show has a good set of protagonists and some good arcs for them, keeps to a few well conceived plot points throughout the show, and has great action, music, and mecha design. Half the antagonists are just awful though, and far too much time is wasted dealing with their inane bullshit. Layzner had everything it needed to be an A tier show, but it wound up being B tiered.

I dropped Dunbine at episode 36 due to boredom, and I can't say anything about the others.
>>
>>13688047
>Layzner
Still haven't seen.
>Dunbine
Drags in the last arc, but it's good overall, and the ending helps make up for the slowness of the last arc anyway.
>Gorg
Pretty good.
>Borgman
Haven't seen. Does it have subs?
>Dragonar
Fun. Not particularly special, but not bad either.
>Galient
A bit dull, but worth a watch at least.
>>
>>13688160
>Borgman
>Haven't seen. Does it have subs?
It has BD RAWs and low quality DVD with HK hardsubs.
>>
>>13688047
Layzner and Gorg are they only ones from the list that are worth your time. Dunbine is a Tomino classic, if you care about things like watching his entire filmography, but the last 20 or so episodes are repetitive and boring. Galient (as does Layzner) has a couple of compilation OVAs that summarize the plot without sacrificing TOO much.

Borgman is irrelevant since no one has seen it, and Dragonar's OP is generally agreed to be a lot better than the show itself.
>>
>>13688160
>Does it have subs?
Crabsticks. Which is a shame, since the OVA sequels have legible subs (probably since ADV Films got them in a package deal).
>>
>>13688217
Let's keep it that one. No-one should have to be subjected to that series in any way
>>
>>13688047
>I didn't really like it until the second half kicked in and that was amazing
>It was okay the last arc was good
>It's fun and really well animated especially Gorgs ruthless aggression
>haven't seen it
>^
>Outside of the mech designs and fightan I didn't really like it much
>>
As a dude that just finished watching Gorg this past week, I'll vouch for it.

It was neat hearing Char voicing one of the characters and looking at some style similarities shared with the later Zeta Gundam.

I was impressed that the show's pace didn't lose steam and the characters weren't annoying.

Give it a go.
>>
>>13688579
your tastes are shit all anime is shit
>>
>>13688579
stop being a liar you fucking asshole
>>
Nice to know that the thread is up to the traditional Gorg circle jerking pretty much immediately
>>
>>13688582
>>13688586
>>13688592
Jesus
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.