[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>overflowing with potential >starts promising >meanders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1444135808139.jpg (389KB, 1080x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1444135808139.jpg
389KB, 1080x1600px
>overflowing with potential
>starts promising
>meanders in the middle
>totally drops the ball at the end

Why does this shit keep happening?
>>
>>13687597

> writing in a serialized environment while balancing fan-service elements to increase exposure and sales against literal ones for a good story is hard
> further news at 11
>>
>>13687610
This. Manga is a commercial product and editors will push authors into making it what they believe to be more saleable.
>>
>>13687619

Well, there is that, but I think with Sidonia that Nihei himself wanted more exposure and sales and not just his editors. Dude is getting a bit older now and probably has obligations and shit he wants to buy as well as wanting savings for rainy days. It's all very well making art solely for your own sake, but if it's not paying the bills you start whoring a bit to cover them before you go back to art for art's sake.
>>
>>13687619
More importantly what makes it salable is not always what makes for a good overall narrative.

I love manga but serialization is inherently bad for storytelling. This doesn't mean that good things can't be published as serials, but it always distorts the product. Why are some classic novels like War and Peace or The Brothers Karamazov so fucking long? Because they were published as serials.
>>
>>13687597
Ah shit anon I just started watching it this week. I am on episode 7.

So far it is fucking great but I hope it doesn't go to shit next season.
>>
But, but what if he isn't preparing for something else?
What if the man just sold himself out just to get more money?
What if Sidonia is just the start of a trend?
>>
>>13687648
Yeah I always marathon my anime.

I refuse to watch something before it is finished. You get decent bluray rips that way too.
>>
>>13687652

The second season devolves into slice of life waifu shit with the elements of the first season only coming back in the very end.

It gets SUPER SoL after that point in the manga, though, and never manages to come back from that. It turns full harem anime at that point with all the typical stereotypes (neglected first girl, cutesy moe girl, tsundere, etc.)
>>
Japan seems to believe that the middle of a story is more important than the ending
>>
>>13687648
>More importantly what makes it salable is not always what makes for a good overall narrative.

When companies feel that they should only have one business model and that this one model should define the content of all of their series is when shit happens.
>>
>>13687697
Oh great sounds like K-on in space.

Well I'll get through it even if I have to get high.
>>
>>13687597
GODDAMNIT VERTICAL PLEASE PUBLISH BLAME! AND BIOMEGA YOU FUCKING FAGGOT COCK SUCKERS. TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY AND FUCK ME IN MY SISSY ASSPUSSY! MY FEMINIE PENIS IS ROCK HARD AND FULL OF CUM!
>>
File: angry Tsmug.webm (359KB, 794x720px) Image search: [Google]
angry Tsmug.webm
359KB, 794x720px
>>13687697
>he does not like it
>>
>>13687900
Ending for Blame was even worse
>>
>>13687874
How is that like K-On at all?
>>
>>13687652
I assume OP is talking about the manga, which is very likely since it was completed, and had a fairly lame ending. Not "Gantz" bad at least, but that's not saying much.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.