[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Teyandee gets a long overdue DVD release >It sells well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: meetagain.png (705KB, 716x478px) Image search: [Google]
meetagain.png
705KB, 716x478px
>Teyandee gets a long overdue DVD release
>It sells well
>It gets some new merchandise
>Said merchandise sells well enough that even more merchandise is coming
>Gag anime are proving to be popular again, with shows like One Punch Man and Osomatsu-san topping the charts

Is the time right for a new series? Everyone involved with the original has fond memories of it and has said they're open to making a new one.
>>
>>13672234
Possibly so, assuming they do anything with that scrapped police/shinsengumi concept.
>>
Did Teyandee really sell well? I really liked it as Samurai Pizza Cats when I was like and have been rewatching it in Japanese and like it a lot more. Would be pretty cool if it got a new series.
>>
File: 12042401.gif (53KB, 510x624px) Image search: [Google]
12042401.gif
53KB, 510x624px
>>13676433
The 2012 King Record release was the second best selling animated DVD of its release week in Japan. Kappei Yamaguchi also said it sold well when he was on Megumi Hayashibara's radio show shortly after the release. And back when the show initially aired in 1990-1991 it got pretty high ratings, peaking at 14.6%.
>>
>>13677096
>14.6
>high ratings back then
>>
>>13677138
That's higher than pretty much every Gundam show got.
>>
>>13672234

> One Punch Man
> gag anime

One Punch Man is an action comedy, not a gag anime. It has way too much action with way too much emphasis on making the action cool to be a gag anime.

>>13677165

Gundam shows rarely get a 3.0 these days from what I can tell.
>>
Looks like the show will get exposure once again: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2015-12-28/crunchyroll-adds-samurai-pizza-cats-series-with-dub-to-catalog/.96998

Shame that the original's not going there as well, but Tatsunoko bungled the translation anyways.
>>
>>13672234
>Is the time right for a new series?
It's the right time to kill yourself
>>
>>13677177
>way too much emphasis on making the action cool to be a gag anime

That's the gag. though.
>>
>>13672234
I could live with a CG one if it at least looked like that sd 3 kingdoms gundam
>>
>>13678488
CG might be alright, so long as they're able to replicate the cartooniness of the original. Stuff like the goofy facial expressions, squash and stretch and such.
>>
>>13678493
The best chance for that tone faithfulness is if Akahori is around to do scripts again (and since Saber Marionette is getting a new OVA, chances are he may).
>>
>>13678497
Akahori was on a Niconico stream in 2012 where he said he would like to do a new Teyandee series if given the chance. Also the character designer loves it so much that he's still drawing the characters on his blog 25 years later. Other people involved such as various VAs have also expressed their fondness of the show, so if a new show were to happen, I think there's a good chance a lot of the original staff and cast would be coming back.
>>
>>13678418
Seems like it's US and Canada only, which is frustrating a lot of people.
>>
>>13678485

That still doesn't make it a gag anime anon because it still has all that loving action regardless of whether it's ultimately meant to be part of an overall joke or not.
>>
>>13678828
>That still doesn't make it a gag anime anon because it still has all that loving action regardless of whether it's ultimately meant to be part of an overall joke or not.

So that makes it an action show? Sorry, just can't agree with that. The action is beautiful, but it's the set-up for a punch line. You need to build to a climax in order for the anti-climax to be effective.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.