[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the watch order for GITS? I think it's time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 1434309760711.png (27KB, 832x120px) Image search: [Google]
1434309760711.png
27KB, 832x120px
What's the watch order for GITS?
I think it's time for me to stop putting off watching it
>>
PRODUCTION ORDER
ITS ALWAYS PRODUCTION ORDER
FUCKING MAKE A STICKY WITH "PRODUCTION ORDER" WRITTEN IN IT
>>
>>13659054
I'd say you're best off starting with the manga. That said, GitS has a few different continuities. Manga, Ghost in the Shell > Ghost in the Shell 2 innocence, Stand Alone Complex > 2nd Gig > Solid State Society, and finally Arise.

None of them are particularly dependent upon one another, but you'll get more out of how they play on the previous representations by going in production order.
>>
production order, starting with the manga

witness the slow downfall of a fun and engaging character into a bland and creepy plot device.
>>
Pick an iteration and start at the beginning. Oshii's movies, Arise and SAC, are all stand alone things. You could also obviously start with the manga.

>>13659060
This autism is the most obnoxious shit.
>>
>>13659541
>all stand alone things.
cheeky
>>
Whatever way you want.
>>
>>13659054
>>13659060
Yeah, production order always works. Just think about it logically, obviously the order in which the contemporaries could see it has to make sense, hasn't it.
>>
>>13659060
>He didn't skip ZZ
oy vey
>>
>>13659060
This.

But the movies and the TV series aren't related. So if you for some reason are opposed to production order, you should at least know that.
>>
>>13659541
Motoko is shit in the manga. Oshii made the character what she is today isn't of a generic ditsy tits character that would have otherwise been forgotten.
>>
>>13659904
instead*
>>
File: whatoko.jpg (33KB, 141x264px) Image search: [Google]
whatoko.jpg
33KB, 141x264px
>>13659904
Nigga I know you're trolling but seeing that bullshit written out in plain letters still baffles me
>>
>>13659054
First movie > SaC > 2nd GIG > nothing else.
>>
>>13659086
>>13659538
When did /m/ get taste?
I always used to see faggots telling people to start with Oshii shit.
>>
>>13660273
It seems you haven' noticed Horsecook posting which mourns over the loss of Shirow's artistic soul.
>>
>>13659904
>Motoko is the shit in the manga. Oshii made the character what she is today is a generic ditsy tits stoic character with same brooding 2deep4u monologuing that would have been overused since then.

FTFY
>>
Whatever you do just don't watch Arise. It's not worth it. Oh, and be sure to watch the original version of Oshii's GitS movie and not 2.0.
>>
>>13660907
What's wrong with 2.0?
>>
>>13659054
Canon order.

Arise, Stand Alone Complex 1, Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig, Ghost in the Shell 1, Ghost in the Shell 2.
>>
>>13661348
They've replaced some perfectly good traditionally animated scenes with wonky CGI and colored corrected everything else from green and blue to warm orange.
>>
>>13661575
You have to watch the last scenes of Arise's movie out of order familia.

Also, Major in SAC was born human, Major in Arise was born Cyborg
>>
File: 1288304401281.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1288304401281.png
2MB, 1280x720px
Is there a canon order? I was under the belief that SAC and the movie were considered separate continuities.
>>
>>13663117
There isn't. They are.Arise kinda works as a prequel to S.A.C., but it isn't.
>>
File: das it mane.jpg (17KB, 300x211px) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.jpg
17KB, 300x211px
>>13659999
>>
>>13659054
1// Mangas
2// Ghost in the Shell > Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
3// Stand Alone Complex > 2nd GIG > Solid State Society
4// Arise
>>
>>13659999
Arise was not that bad. It flows better than SAC 2, though the latter had an overall better plot.
>>
>>13663117
No.

There was no grand plan for it from the beginning.
But some are adamant about it who have no idea what they are talking about since they don't pay attention.
>>
>>13667616
Arise was lobotomised GitS.
It's what you get when someone knows all the ingredients, but doesn't actually know how to blend them together well.
Ironically if it shed some of the more recognizable aspects of GitS like Section Nine then they could have done something actually creative and fun. But it's weighed down but shit that 'suppose' to be in a GitS anime.
It's all the more frustrating because there are moments where you say "Oh this isn't that bad!" only be dragged back down in the the bland mediocrity that is ARISE.
>>
>GITS

Wots dis all about then?
>>
>>13670947
Stick to Psycho-Pass.

ARISE is a modern masterpiece. Belay that. It's a masterpiece.

Even my mom thinks so.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.