[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new s/2015-12-17/hideo-kojim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: original.jpg (253KB, 1023x1517px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
253KB, 1023x1517px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-12-17/hideo-kojima-interested-in-working-with-guillermo-del-toro-in-game-film-or-anime/.96601
>>
Stop reminding me about Silent Hills
>>
Put Kojima on the team for PacRim 2.
>>
make an MGV but with Jaegers
>>
>>13639294
Pacific Rim Revengeance
>>
PACIFIC RIM: KAIJU EATER
>>
>>13639294
pacific rim animu prease
>>
>>13639399
>>13639411
>Mother base is replaced with a Shatterdome
>You now play the role of a base commander and Jaeger pilot attempting to conscript Jaeger sympathizers over to help rebuild, update, and expand the Shatterdome
>Each Kaiju battle nets you fame, funds, and more possible personnel.
>The PacRim equivalent of Quiet, Meryl, or Paz arrives at some point to be your partner
>>
>>13639294
>You know they both love mecha
>Zone of the Enders
>Metal Gear
>Pacrim

Can't they just create the greatest thing ever?
>>
File: oh gimme.jpg (175KB, 755x900px) Image search: [Google]
oh gimme.jpg
175KB, 755x900px
>>13639294
>toro and Kojima make a ZoE reboot.
>>
>>13639541
Well they did try to do so with Silent Hills. Apparently Junji Ito was involved as well.
>>
>>13639564
But now they're free from the grip of the Pachinko Overlords. They might be able to finally finish a dream.
>>
>>13639564
I still can't believe Konami did what they did, but getting that many big names (including using the likeness of Norman Reedus) would be pretty damn expensive. Del Toro and Reedus were fucking pissed about the cancellation, though, and rightly so; they seem to be really invested in it.
>>
>>13639564
Ugh. It's just one more game that gets too hype and never gets made. Like Half Life 3
>>
>>13639572
This isn't justification for the way Konami treated Kojima, but he was getting up to some pretty out there shit before he was fired. Teaming up with Del Toro and Norman Reedus, partnering with JF Rey and other fashion labels for MGSV merch, and so on. I'm not really surprised they dropped him, though how they went about it was despicable.
>>
>>13639750
Isn't there a rumor that the over-the-budget things Kojima did were all to free himself from Konami?

Konami didn't want to let Kojima go, but they didn't want to pay him either. So, through careful use of loopholes, Kojima chipped away at Konami from the inside until he became free from the system.
>>
>>13639786
There's a rumour that literally every single thing Kojima has done since MGS2 has been to free himself from Konami. Don't put much stock in Kojima rumours.
>>
File: mogren_mask.jpg (209KB, 660x453px) Image search: [Google]
mogren_mask.jpg
209KB, 660x453px
>>13639786
>>13639955
He is the master.
>>
>>13639786
Who knows? There are also rumors that Konami didn't like how MGS isn't seen as a Konami game, but a KojiPro game. Kojima Productions was technically under Konami, but they had a lot of freedom in doing their projects, which probably resulted in them eventually developing the FOX Engine.

Shame about FOX Engine, really. It's optimized well enough that my laptop (GT740M graphics, i3 processor) can run MGSV pretty decently, and on higher-end system it really shows its strengths. Now it's probably just going to be used for PES.

But enough of this, post Kojima /m/ stuff.
>>
>>13639302
>>13639731
They seem like pretty good pals so I'm sure we'll get some sort of cool horror game or mecha game out of them eventually
>>
>>13640037
why not a horror mecha game?
>>
>>13640047
No, don't get my hopes up
>>
>>13640049
it's not like you could actually be surprised with anything these days. hype kills your impressions because its always disappointing.
>>
File: HYPE.jpg (95KB, 426x318px) Image search: [Google]
HYPE.jpg
95KB, 426x318px
>>13640055
>>
Konami killed quite a lot of their /m/ franchises huh.
>Z.O.E
>Chouseishin series
>Busou Shinki
>MGS
To think they had the exclusive merchandising rights TTGL at one point.
>>
>>13640047
Like Five Nights at Freddy's?
>>
>>13639294
misleading pic is misleading....
>>
>>13639294
Oh, I made a thread about this but it seemed someone got to it after all. I thought you guys might be interested in this interview:

>http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/16/hideo-kojima-talks-new-studio-edgy-playstation-game-and-the-future

>Shinkawa told IGN he’ll be overseeing the entirety of Kojima Productions’ art, including "characters, concepts for the backgrounds, concepts for the mechs," and more.

Shinkawa says he is doing mecha concept art! I think I like where this is going.
>>
>>13640047

I'd imagine it'd be hard to do given that a mecha inherently makes you more powerful, so having a mecha in a horror game would require some really powerful shit to make the mecha feel powerless enough to give the atmosphere and horror any depth.
>>
>>13640097
Gradius/*dius
>>
>>13640864
I think one could do a good a good military/psychological horror game. Like, the mecha are very mass-produced and "real robot," like the ones in VOTOMs, and their pilots have an extremely low survival rate. It would take place in the context of a huge galactic war, like VOTOMs did, where whole planets are destroyed, millions of soldiers sacrificed, and billions of civilians butchered. You could play as perhaps a scavenger or deserter trying to survive, piloting damaged mechs where you can salvage or repair them, but the restless ghosts of the wakeful dead run rampant throughout the galaxy, and while your mech can deal with other soldiers, mutants, or other physical threats, it always runs the risk of being possessed by a malevolent spirit, either driving you insane inside the cockpit, forcing you to lose control of it, or even assimilating it entirely, killing you as you desperately try to escape what is now a metal coffin.
>>
>>13640097
They also managed to kill Bomberman. They freaking killed Bomberman. No other video game company buyout had a consequence this disastrous for an IP. Granted, they eventually put out a mobile phone game, but that doesn't really count.

Meanwhile, Ganbare Goemon also died and was consigned to pachinko land. On the bright side, Twinbee did get concluded on its own terms long before this downward spiral happened.
>>
>>13640057
Shit, I forgot about Yahtzee. Gotta catch up on his reviews.
>>
Whatever happens I hope Ron Perlman's involved somehow.
>>
>>13640833
You know if you believe one theory the suits are really years tears for power armor. yfw When Freddy is pretty much a unarmed Bonta-Kun
>>
>You know if you believe one theory the suits are really years tears for power armor. yfw When Freddy is pretty much a unarmed Bonta-Kun
*just tests for
>>13642978
>>
>>13641911
>No other video game company buyout had a consequence this disastrous for an IP.

Other than everything Electronic Arts has ever bought out, you mean?
>>
>>13643039
Well, that's a fair point. At least Konami won't kill more than one company.
>>
>>13642471
ron perlman should voice the protagonist if its a video game, no excuses
>>
>>13643551
>Ron Perlman in a Kojima/Del Toro venture
>>
>>13641911
>No other video game company buyout had a consequence this disastrous for an IP.

Metal Arms is dead and will never get anything related to it again. FUCKING THANKS BLIZZARD. I hope all that work you put Swinging Ape Studios onto was worth I-HAHAHAHA NO IT WASN'T YOU PUT THEM ON STARCRAFT FUCKING GHOST AND CANCELLED IT YOU ASSHOLES.
>>
>>13639294
Now get Mike Mignola on board and we really got some shit going.
>>
>>13640864
Biomecha powered by some Lovecraft thingy.
>>
>>13640864
Betterman pulled it off pretty well.
>>
>>13640097
Don't forget Contra
>>
>>13640097

Castlevania too.
>>
I actually always wondered what would happen if Kojima got to direct a Gundam series.
>>
File: 50.jpg (796KB, 2667x1500px) Image search: [Google]
50.jpg
796KB, 2667x1500px
>>13639449
I know a lot of people on /m/ would hate post immediately at this ever happening, but I would love a well-drawn PR anime.

Lots of new Jaeger designs, lots of new monsters. Really expand the story, go into more of the origin of the Kaiju, QT jaeger pilots, have Jaeger vs Jaeger battles among country rivals, ala Robot Jox, a lot of room for a lot of fun in that universe
>>
>>13645809
I could have sworn they were working on a PR anime of some sort.

http://collider.com/pacific-rim-animated-series-details/

Not sure if it's been canceled or anything though, I haven't heard news about it for a while.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.