[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know having read the back story of Cosmic Era. I completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

You know having read the back story of Cosmic Era. I completely unironically believe that C.E would have been the best Gundam A.U. Had it not fallen into the hands of Mitsuo Fukuda and Morosawa..
>>
File: GSD CNN.gif (159KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
GSD CNN.gif
159KB, 640x480px
Yeah, definitely one of the better realized backstories, race is a pretty common theme or excuse for conflict for power in the real world but gundam seldom explores it, it's mostly adults that wants power for it's own sake. And I don't count the Kuntala in Greco (we are a minority race that looks exactly like everyone else but people used to eat us for no good given reason)
>>
>>13638440
>people used to eat us for no good given reason

They were considered expendable.
>>
>>13638386
Why do you think it gets so much love and hate?

Outside of UC, CE got the most detailed and fleshed out setting and details. No other series has come close.
>>
File: 1226666893038.jpg (317KB, 1019x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1226666893038.jpg
317KB, 1019x1400px
>implying it isn't
Just because Bandai rushed out Destiny does not mean Stargazer or the first few Astrays before they had to try to keep the model line alive without any actual new designs don't exist.
>>
File: Shiho.png (213KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
Shiho.png
213KB, 500x482px
>>13638717
Best girl.
Best assistant.
Best pilot.
Best SEED character.
>>
>>13638548
Then why not just kill them, mulch them, grow fungus?

Or if you are feeding them to eat them later JUST EAT WHAT YOUR FEEDING THEM.
>>
Pretty much.
If someone besides Fukada had been in charge of the two main entries in CE, the series would be loved.
>>
>>13638753
For all these years I never really thought much about it other than being somewhat thankful it meant she wasn't killed off, but having gotten to know about Nami Tamaki these days better between that Gundam album she did and Argevollen I can now sort of see it being a shame she didn't voice her.

Mind you doing it when she was 15 probably would have been bad anyways.
>>
>>13638829
They were considered expendable, not useless.
The whole eating-them-thing is just what memorized because it was so unusual. It was not their main purpose.
>>
>>13638386

I think Wing would have been personally, had it not fallen in to hands of...whoever it was wrote it. I love the themes the show goes with: what the role is of soldiers during peace, how far soldiers should be willing to go, is pacifism a valid thing or even a good one and about the role of technology and drones in warfare and whether they're good or bad. These are things that are really interesting to explore in my opinion and have only become more relevant in the two decades since.

Sadly the show barely did anything with them and what we got was basically a super sentai show in many ways. I also think AGE would have been brilliant under a competent writer, but I just love the idea of timeskips and seeing how different people and generations react to war and so on.
>>
>>13638386
I wasn't really a fan of the Natural vs Coordinator setting tbqh
>>
>>13638829

They weren't grown specifically to be eaten more than likely, but were instead the designated people to be eaten if shit got tough. When Darwin was going around on the Beagle he came across a tribe living off the coast of, I think Argentina, who engaged in cannibalism in years when crop yields or game hunting was lean and people were starving. They didn't raise any group specifically to eat, they just started eating the grandmothers first if people were starving. They started with them because they were considered the most expendable members of society. If grandmas were getting scarce, they'd move on to grandpas. And so on.

I would assume much the same was true of Kuntala. They were normal members of society most of the time. If people were starving though, they were first in line for the pot and that was that. The stigma stuck afterwards. I've no idea how mind you, given that they're psychically impossible to determine based on appearance, even in universe. And yes, I know that was the point. Honestly I'd say Kuntala weren't even a specific set of people who were declared first in line for the pot when times were tough, but more just the people who were eaten were declared kuntala along with their descendants. Which is perhaps even crazier, but at least makes more sense.
>>
>>13638753
Tifa?
>>
>>13638753
Urine?
...Yamada?
>>
File: Shiho.jpg (1MB, 1849x2707px) Image search: [Google]
Shiho.jpg
1MB, 1849x2707px
>>13638943
>>13638981
>>
>>13638829
>Or if you are feeding them to eat them later JUST EAT WHAT YOUR FEEDING THEM.
Seriously...
Lets ignore morality for a second here.
Humans are just shit livestock.
Take way to much time and investment to grow for so little gain compared to other animals and plants.
>>
>>13639002
That anatomy makes me uncomfortable.

Otherwise 10/10 would like to be dominated.
>>
>>13638928
Food has a synonym. Fodder.
>>
>>13638753
This bitch doesn't even have a custom ZAKU, what a nobody.
>>
>>13638386

SEED attempted to establish a world beyond the main story by going as far back as almost a century to trace the development of the current conflict and acknowledge the different factions with their views on the matter.

Unfortunately, they forgot to make reference to it, so you have the dissonance in the settings where war is a statistic, in Astray where good people make a difference in ordinary goings (until Destiny Astray, for its run), and in SEED where the main characters spearhead the world's change.

Then it all goes to shit in Destiny.
>>
File: Aesthetic bankrupcy (underlined).png (55KB, 1007x1368px) Image search: [Google]
Aesthetic bankrupcy (underlined).png
55KB, 1007x1368px
>>13638386
>Had it not fallen into the hands of Mitsuo Fukuda and Morosawa..
There's a huge disconnection between the sci-fi backstory setting materials (most likely penned by Shigeru Morita) and the shonen super robot sensitivities Fukuda has. Add to this contradiction Morosawa's soap opera sensitivities and you find yourself with a project that tries to please three audiences (older gunota, young kids and the fujoshi) at the same time.

If the show was stupid and melodramatic from the beginning, if it not had tried to become a "reimagining of the Universal Century", then we wouldn't be lamenting ourselves as to what SEED could've been. And Stargazer only served to rub salt on the wound.
>>
>>13638829
>>13638928
In the show they are called a lower class so yeah they were a group pulled up not cattle as such. This is given more credence when you know they are based on Burakumin in Japan
>>
>>13638386
WHAT ABOUT THE SPACE WHALES?
>>
>>13638753
Tiffa?
>>
>>13641925
Were the original Jovians whose psychic bones influenced the genetically designed babies to think they are co-ordinator .
>>
File: 1434561147285.jpg (1MB, 2410x3437px) Image search: [Google]
1434561147285.jpg
1MB, 2410x3437px
I love the increasingly insane minds of SEED's MS.
>>
>>13638386
The CE side stories and stuff are honestly mediocre at very best. I don't think it's a terrible setting but it's yet to put out anything that makes it seem interesting.
>>
>>13643958
>Murica the Mech
>>
>>13643958
That's going to have the power for, what, one volley?
>>
>>13638829
>>13639009
>>13638928

I am not sure why people keep thinking Kutalas were bred or eaten like cattles.They were more likely to be people designated to not get any food when it ran short and their bodies would be thrown in with the rest of the organic matter to be recycled into food. So they would be "eaten" that way.
>>
>>13644145

And that's actually quite a plausible scenario in a "dark age in space" when infrastructure maintainence, resource-gathering and trading were interrupted by wars and pillaging
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.