[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Rey and Luna not using Impulses when they have an abundance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Impulsemodules2.jpg (35KB, 601x479px) Image search: [Google]
Impulsemodules2.jpg
35KB, 601x479px
Why are Rey and Luna not using Impulses when they have an abundance of them in the Minerva?
>>
Ran out of AP
>>
They weren't qualified to pilot the Core Splendor at the time.
>>
>>13632207
There was only 1 Core Splendor.
The reason for that was that Shinn was the only one who could get the combination system down perfectly which is thrown out the window when Luna starts using it later in the show.
>>
>>13632207
how does the individual parts fly again?
The core splendor is a small plane
The backpacks have thrusters and are delivered by some sort of drone
The legs doesn't seem to have thrusters at the feet?
And the torso doesn't seem to have any thrusters at all
>>
Why the hell is there only one core splendor and Why the hell did they need to transform on mid-air?
>>
>>13632223

That had nothing to do with it. The combination was automated for the most part.

There's only one core Splendor because that's how it was designed, so it would have several spare parts, and could be repaired multiple times on the field.

Having 3 Impulse's would mean less spare parts, and they don't have infinite chest and leg parts either.
>>
>>13632207
there was only 1 core and 3 sets of body parts on board
>>
>>13632289
>Why the hell is there only one core splendor
Loophole regarding a treaty, I think.

They can't have too many MS or something so Durandal made the Impulse to be this modular machine that can swap out parts, so you have a reason to make a lot of MS-legs/torso/backpack while still technically making 1 MS.
And if shit goes south, you can theoretically mass produce the Core Splendor and have easily field lots of Impulses.
>>
File: ZZ_gundam.jpg (1MB, 4956x3348px) Image search: [Google]
ZZ_gundam.jpg
1MB, 4956x3348px
>>13632289
More stock footage.
Learned from this fucker.
>>
>>13632296
That was the exact reason stated. It had nothing to do with how many spares or an automated process.
>>
File: it is, as they say, a gundam.png (383KB, 428x650px) Image search: [Google]
it is, as they say, a gundam.png
383KB, 428x650px
>>13632308
>More stock footage.
>Learned from this fucker.

I think you might mean "learned from THIS fucker"? Because it was doing midair combinations all the time later in the show.
>>
>>13632308
Shame G-fortress did not get any good action
>>
>>13632296
>Having 3 Impulse's would mean less spare parts, and they don't have infinite chest and leg parts either.

they also don't have infinite zakus either. You can stack more spare parts than you can assembled mobile suits

Fuck Luna spent half the series as a glorified turret because he couldn't get in a flying suit
>>
>>13632296
Having impulses go full victory would be one think that'd make destiny somewhat redeemable.
>>
File: luna_zaku.jpg (2MB, 5721x3934px) Image search: [Google]
luna_zaku.jpg
2MB, 5721x3934px
>>13632470
It's pretty nice, as far as turrets go.
>>
>>13632251
Do you want this 30th anniversary RX-78 homage or not.
>>
>>13632470
>>13632474
Except for the plotpoint where Luna can't shoot for shit despite being the sniper... or was the gunner artillery? Fuck it, it's both.

I can't think of a worse pairing of machine and pilot than her and that fucking Zaku. Her best moments were melee. It made no sense.
>>
>>13632497
If you can't shoot for you may as well use the gun with the widest beam and the highest chance of disabling or killing if you luck into hitting I guess.
>>
File: luna on workmans comp.jpg (94KB, 603x774px) Image search: [Google]
luna on workmans comp.jpg
94KB, 603x774px
>>13632474

yeah until she almost fucking died

>>13632497

It was pretty cool when she was fighting the Gaia with her zaku close quarters. They really should have had her sword impulse 24/7
>>
>>13632500
Problem is that CE beams aren't usually all that wide, and the increased output usually comes at the cost of reduced fire rate.

>>13632501
She just needed a different Wizard pack (jesus fucking christ fukuda, that's what you called them?). Either giving her the Blaze pack like Rey, or the Slash pack would have given her great combat versatility. Rey should've been the gunner; it would've fit his later role in the Legend better.
>>
The meta reason is that only one person is allowed to THE Gundam. Sunrise fucking hates mass production Gundams, and notice that if there's ever more than one Gundam going on around, the other Gundams quickly leave the series or end up changing.

Even Victory Gundam avoided having more than one Victory in an active fight until the V-Hexa came along.
I knew we want to say FUKUDA, but that's how Gundam roles.
>>
>>13632538
That line of thought doesn't work at all when applied to SEED or Destiny. Just think about how Gundams are running around in each series.
>>
>>13632556
You don't see two Freedom Gundams running around at the same time, you know what I'm saying?

Like how Zeta Gundam starts with 3 Mk. II's and they quickly and quietly get rid of the other two.
>>
>>13632568
Don't forget Oliver and the 2nd V2 Core Fighter
>>
>>13632535
>She just needed a different Wizard pack (jesus fucking christ fukuda, that's what you called them?)

I love the Wizard pack. It's so bad.
>>
>>13632497

She was the worst pilot of the trio and thus was put on fire support.
>>
>>13632315

The reason stated Shinn got it was Durandal pulled strings even though Rey was the better pilot at first and should have gotten it.
>>
There's also no reason to launch the Impulse parts separately instead of precombined. Unlike the League Militaire the Impulse didn't have to be carried around in trucks.

I guess there's a point for maintanence but given that it's the only quick-response unit on the Minerva for a good part of the first half of the series it's like they were too lazy to assemble it back after maintanence, and even with the Savior joining up later on, the Impulse was always launched into battle uncombined.

Only ZZ ever did that and in ZZ they used the parts to double as scout/search craft, so there's at least a reason in-story.
>>
>>13632660
The Minerva's hanger included a special launching system just for the special snowflake impulse. Although, I suppose the Gaia could also have been launched in MA mode; apparently the design ideas included a Core Splendor system at one point, according to Destiny Astray.

The Minerva's hanger system makes more sense as you add more mobile suits to its arsenal. The extra launching system allows for another set of launches without drastically changing the ships frame.
>>
>>13632660
Technically it's worthwhile for non-Force Impulse to allow it to fly there, although in Impulse's case there's no justification for it being able to fly uncombined to start with.

Not that the Core Top is any kind of aerodynamic either really.

That is pretty much the reason Sword Impulse actually got used compared to Sword Strike though.
>>
>>13632690
>>13632681

Thinking about it just makes it more confusing. Though I do agree and realize that the Impulse can apparently fly "undocked" (we shall ignore the fact that the Core Splendor is supposed to make up the sole main thruster of the Impulse when docked), ZAFT's trademark, the magnetic catapult, is switched for Archangel-style ones where the feet are bolted to the "floor".

If ZAFT had just stuck with developing a stronger mag. catapult that could work on Earth (they did it with the Impulse's hangar where it could launch the body parts despite none of them having wheels or ever touching the floor of the launch bay), they could launch anything of any size and they wouldn't need a special bay that could only launch Impulse parts. Assuming it still had three launch bays they could launch three parts at once, which would actually make an all-Impulse MS force on the Minerva viable even if they had to launch undocked for whatever in-universe reason they scraped up with.

The more I think about it, the more I pity the Minerva for being not only a copycat of an already whimsical design, but a failed copycat, at that. In terms of fields of fire it's outgunned by the Archangel, its "base", it barely makes it as a surface ship since it has fuck-all to defend attacks from its underside from torpedoes and submarines and can't do gunship overland for the same reason, and it's a terrible carrier because two of its catapults are bolt-ons that can't launch its main unit, and the last one can only fit the Impulse when it's undocked and never the entire suit because that would be too big. I understand that the other ZAFT Gundams would be unaffected by this but the fact that they built an entire ship around a specific machines and not something that could adapt by its own is just... ugh.

I refuse to believe that the mechanical designer of the series didn't anticipate all these issues already. This is definitely the work of corporate meddling.
>>
>>13633095

Yeah, bye all rights the AA should not have been near the success it was

doesn't help that Zaft doesn't seem too interested in properly training and equipping it's pilots
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.