[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>http://spinoff.comicbookresources. com/2015/12/15/paramo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: jesusrom.png (479KB, 440x452px) Image search: [Google]
jesusrom.png
479KB, 440x452px
>http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/12/15/paramount-hasbro-to-unite-g-i-joe-rom-and-micronauts-in-one-universe/
>Hasbro and Paramount Pictures plans to create an interconnected movie universe that unites G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionairies, M.A.S.K. and ROM.
You ready for ROM on the big screen?
>>
>>13630674
>interconnected movie universe
I can't wait for Hollywood to realize that just because Marvel did it, doesn't mean it's a good idea. Because it's already getting annoying.
>>
>>13630683
It wasn't a good idea when Marvel did it
>>
>>13630690
No, but it was somewhat bearable, and made mountains of money. Now even Universal are trying to do it with their monsters, and it's gonna be a trainwreck.
>>
>>13630683
when those guys down the street get the highest non-Cameron gross to date you bet your ass you've got a money man asking why the hell you aren't doing it, good idea or not
>>
>>13630690

What would it have to do to qualify as a good idea, because all the companies involved have made ooddles of money and lots of people enjoy them, so that seems like enough to me.
>>
>>13630690
>doesn't mean it's a good idea.
Reading comprehension?
>>
who else is waiting for a TMNT-Tranformers crossover Bay shit movie?
>>
>>13630698
That the movies are good? And there's no way that the Dracula Reboot made money. At least I hope not.
>>
>>13630693
Everything past the first Iron Man was awful, but it did make mountains of money.

It makes no sense how companies expect the average joes to keep up with all of this crap, when it's intolerable to fucking nerds like us. There's the MCU, the DC movie universe, the DC TV universe, the Universal monster universe, the Star Wars universe, the 80s toyline movie universe. Surprised Alien vs Predator hasn't come back as a universe
>>
>>13630705

Good is subjective. Lots of people think they're good, and personally I'd say at least a handful of them are good. Even if you don't enjoy them though, lots of people do, so is that not enough?
>>
>>13630708

> int's intolerable to fucking nerds like us

Plenty of nerds love it. And the reason many don't is because it became convoluted after decades of continuity and tens of thousands of different entries including thousands of crossovers and dozens of reboots and retcons. The Marvel movies don't have any of that, at least for the moment.
>>
>>13630705
>That the movies are good?
I like Marvel movies enough to put them on if they're on cable and nothing else is going on.

Van Hellsing was mostly bad (but Wolverine was cool as usual and their Frankenstein's Monster was good), that Wolfman was mostly shit outside of Hopkins chewing scenery.
>>
>>13630674
This will probably end up bad, but the only way it could hit me in the nostalgia any harder is if it included the G1 transformers. I'm fucking hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2Z1yLO9C-Q
>>
I actually really want a Visionaries movie. Now all we need are the Inhumanoids.
>>
>>13630683
Two have already failed. How many more are going to do so before they catch on.
>>
>>13630708
>the DC movie universe, the DC TV universe,

I'm honestly fine with them keeping separate.
DC's been doing alright on the TV front, and I'd rather not see them dragged into the Zack Snyder-led debacle that the films are steering toward.
>>
>>13630895

I'm fine with them being separate too, though I am getting sick of them already. I got burned out on Arrow early in season 3 and am just fed up with Oliver and the endless melodrama that surrounds him and Flash is already started to wear thin given that it's second season is heavily retreading the first, the show is rarely ever fun anymore and Barry is trending towards Oliver levels of melodrama. Yea, it's the CW so perhaps that's inevitable, but fuck if I'm not sick of it already.
>>
>>13630683
>I can't wait for Hollywood to realize that just because Marvel did it, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Anon, they're doing both Age of Apocalypse and that plot about the purple space dude who collects magical stones so that he can bed a skeletton that has boobs.

They plan to blow this shit wide open and they have no sense of right or wrong. And honestly? Exposing what dumb shit passed for "epic" in capeshit might just finally sink it all.
>>
>>13630922
Anon, Thanos and Apocalypse are nowhere near the tip of what passes for epic in capeshit. You want that? Get Morrison on the line.
>>
>>13631977
>Morrison

I'd pay to to see the inevitable trainwreck that would result from Morrison resurrecting Great Honorable Most Stupendous Atomic Lantern Boy, Shy Lolita Canary, and the rest of the "Super Great Young Team" or whatever the fuck they're called, for the big screen, but with ethnicity changed to Chinese in order to get a piece of that Transformers 4 money.

"Must kill all Chinese superheroes!"
>>
>>13630674
>interconnected movie universe that unites G.I. Joe, Micronauts, Visionairies, M.A.S.K. and ROM

NO! WRONG! BAD HOLLYWOOD! BAD! Don't make me roll up the paper and hit you with it!
>>
So where's Transformers
>>
>>13632715
Replaced by Micronauts. Welcome to the future.
>>
>>13630674
>Visionairies
Never heard of that one.
>>
>>13630922

Anon, Morrison is indeed a crazy Madman, but Jim Starlin might have him beat.
>>
>>13630674
THE ONLY REASON MARVEL WORKED IS BECAUSE THE UNIVERSE WAS ALREADY CONNECTED.
WHY WOULD YOU CONNECT FIVE UNRELATED FRANCHISES THAT NO ONE RECOGNISES OR CARES ABOUT?
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME SOMEONE SAID "WE SHOULD REALLY MAKE A MASK MOVIE" AND WASN'T REFERRING TO JIM CARREY?
>>
>>13630690
It is in Marvel's case, because its well executed.
However, a shared universe as of itself is not a good idea, there's no reason for these unrelated franchises to be on the same 'verse, unless they plan for a crossover and given its obvious they are doing it to cash in with the MCU popularity it's very likely that even if it happens it will be bad.
>>
>>13630708
>Everything past the first Iron Man was awful
Barring IM 3, Thor 2 and Hulk all the movies are at least decent, and Daredevil was pretty good.

>It makes no sense how companies expect the average joes to keep up with all of this crap
The only "effort" required is going to a movie once in a while. And the average joe already keeps up with the MCU so I guess they werent that wrong.

>, when it's intolerable to fucking nerds like us
speak for yourself
>>
>>13630922
Eh? The new X-Men movie is just a movie with Apocalypse as villain, it's not Age of Apocalypse at all. That'd be a near future story with Apocalypse ruling the world.
>>
They are really going to have to Nerf ROM, and the Micronauts hard to make them fit in the same universe as G.I. Joe and Mask.
>>
>>13633312
IT IS A TIME WHEN MAGIC IS MORE POWERFUL THAN SCIENCE
AND ONLY THOSE WHO CONTROL MAGIC CONTROL THE DESTINY

It's basically knights in techno-looking power armor but IT'S TOTALLY NOT TECHNOLOGY GUYS, MAGIC.
Also holograms.
>>
>>13633574

It's also one of the few cartoons from that era that's any good. I loved M.A.S.K. and a lot of the other cartoons from that era growing up, but if you watch them now they're just painful. They are entirely episodic and each episode introduces a new mcguffin in the most flimsy plot ever for the two sides to fight over before resetting the board again at the end of the episode with no stakes of any kind. And then you get a message of the day bit at the end of many of them. Visionaries actually had some kind of over-arching plot, stakes and procedural elements so it stood the test of time far better than many of it's contemporaries.
>>
>>13631977
Hulk was not a particuliarily outstanding movie, but it delivered on the SMASH and it actually had a good showdown at the end, something Iron Man didn't deliver in the first movie and only kinda-sorta delivered in the second one.

>>13633341
I thought they showed off Angel's Riders of the Apocalypse design already? They also already did the time-travel one, where they replaced the racemix-fetish writer's waifu with Wolverine, no?
>>
>>13633588
Centurions kind of holds up, but it does suffer from typical 80's cartoon zaniness at times
>>
>>13630674
I wonder how much of Rom's plot they can use. Galador, the Wraiths, the Space knights etc belong to marvel. The toy company just seems to own the Name/trademark.
>>
File: Byrne.jpg (252KB, 908x738px) Image search: [Google]
Byrne.jpg
252KB, 908x738px
>>13633606
>racemix-fetish writer
Are we talking about Claremont or Bryne? I have trouble keeping track.
>>
>>13635473
Yes both Rom and Micronauts were really worked on by Bill Mantlo for Marvel. Honestly I;ve always loved the Rom comics and can't help but see anything without the rights to the rest of his story to be bad.

I mean he can't even be a fucking Space Knight or anything.
>>
>>13635473
>>13635808
could be that Marvel might have some secondary involvement here, they and Hasbro are pretty close after all, might have something to do with IDW recently getting the ROM rights as well(especially since the new comics seem to be using Marvel elements)
>>
File: 1445878283545.jpg (40KB, 461x523px) Image search: [Google]
1445878283545.jpg
40KB, 461x523px
>>13635823
Oh wait IDW is doing a comic that is both Space Knights and Dire Wraiths?

Ok I'm happy beyond words now.
>>
>>13635495
Bryne is the pedophile. Claremont the racemixer.
>>
>>13635823
This might work out after all then. I guess it depends on what form the IDW comic takes. But yes I'd LOVE too see Space Knight on the screen.
>>
>>13636563
Was it Claremont that kept putting in all the bondage?
>>
>>13633574
That might actually make a good movie.
>>
>>13636958
His main addition are an African black lady whom he insists isn't black and a jewish girl with the whitest power name ever that fuses with the spirit of a Samurai later on. Also a british lady who takes over the body of an asian lady and whose character is drawn like a white woman most of the time...

Occasionally he also added tentacles, but race mixing really is his main thing.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.