[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

By November of 1997, the world had begun to rebuild. The ali

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 20

By November of 1997, the world had begun to rebuild. The alien invaders had been neutralized, with the exception of “a small pocket of resistance in an isolated area of the African Congo”
3-17-1998: the leaders of the world’s major nations united, putting aside decades-old rivalries in the wake of the invasion
5-25-1998: the United States creates the Earth Space Defense program (ESD) as an extraterrestrial early warning system and global defense initiative. David Levinson (Goldblum) is named as director
1-8-1999: the ESD adapts alien shield technology to the F-22 Raptor, moving towards the creation of full Hybrid Fighters
6-22-2000: the city of Las Vegas, NV was completely destroyed in the war, and its ruins remain untouched as a reminder of all that was lost
8-10-2001: an isolated group of aliens in the African Congo — survivors of a downed City Destroyed — continue an underground war. The Congolese government continually refuses aid
10-23-2003: the U.S. Army fully adopts recovered alien weaponry for military application, quelling controversy with impressive displays of the weapons’ effectiveness
4-27-2007: Col. Steven Hiller (Will Smith) dies during a test flight of the ESD’s first functional Hybrid Fighter, and the world mourns the passing of one of the War of ’96’s heroes
2-21-2009: the Earth Space Defense Moonbase opens and is monitored from Beijing, China. The base has both offensive and defensive systems and is the first of several planned planetary bases
6-4-2011: ESD Director Levinson highlights the advances in consumer technology inspired by alien tech, including “the touchscreen smartphone, bladeless fans, drones, and airport security scanners”
8-19-2014: the next generation of Hybrid Fighter is unveiled — the T4 Global Defender, the most advanced alien-tech hybrid vehicle yet

https://www.warof1996.com/
>>
>6-4-2011: ESD Director Levinson highlights the advances in consumer technology inspired by alien tech, including “the touchscreen smartphone, bladeless fans, drones, and airport security scanners”

Sounds familiar...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_J._Corso

>According to Corso, the reverse engineering of these artifacts indirectly led to the development of accelerated particle beam devices, fiber optics, lasers, integrated circuit chips and Kevlar material.
>>
>>13625117
>4-27-2007: Col. Steven Hiller (Will Smith) dies during a test flight of the ESD’s first functional Hybrid Fighter, and the world mourns the passing of one of the War of ’96’s heroes

Confirmed for SHIT movie
>>
Indepedence Day sequel is /m/? Any mechs comfirmed?
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>13625157
But you have a discount Will Smith in the form of Jessie Usher.
>>
>>13625179
Not unless you count the new hybrid fighter planes. Maybe the aliens stuck in Africa still have their biomechanical suits?
>>
>>13625117
>The alien invaders had been neutralized, with the exception of “a small pocket of resistance in an isolated area of the African Congo”

"and that one time they nearly poisoned all water on Earth in the Middle East, but who gives a shit about that?"
>>
>>13625182
Oh jesus why did you have to remind me of that show?
>>
>>13625117
>6-22-2000: the city of Las Vegas, NV was completely destroyed in the war, and its ruins remain untouched as a reminder of all that was lost

More like no one could be bothered to rebuild that shit heap.
>>
File: ID4R.png (811KB, 960x509px) Image search: [Google]
ID4R.png
811KB, 960x509px
So if the rumours about this being a setup for subsequent movies pan out, what's the chance Earth get's Death Star'd as a precursor for rag tag space refugee humanity comeback?
>>
>>13625275

>ID4 franchise turns into western Not-Macross

I'd be okay with this.
>>
>>13625204
huh what
>>
>>13625117
Does anyone have Zero faith in this?

I mean I like the first one quiet a bit for what it is...but it didn't need a fucking Sequel at all. The aliens were dead, life moved on that was the beauty of it.
>>
>>13625349
From one of the side novels, a... sequel? Interquel? Talks about what was going on in the Middle East there.

Basically the "shoot missile into laser" didn't completely blow up the ship, so a bunch of shit happened, they were going to use chemical weapons to poison all the water, I forget most of it but it involved humans piloting alien chariot things temporarily so that was cool.
>>
>>13625351

I have zero faith in it being good.

However i do hold out hope that's it's a ridiculously cheesy romp, with a little bit of jingo.

though they might go gritty dark and have humans lose in this movie to set up for a third movie comeback.
>>
>>13625363
Yeah, it sunds so stupid it could end up being fun. Who knows, maybe the hybrid fighters can transform into somethin.
>>
>>13625275
>rag tag space refugee humanity

And then humanity was the aliens.
>>
>>13625117
>6-4-2011: ESD Director Levinson highlights the advances in consumer technology inspired by alien tech, including “the touchscreen smartphone, bladeless fans, drones, and airport security scanners”
You gotta be fucking kidding me
>>
I'm honestly more hyped for this than the new Star Wars movie. I can't go on the internet anymore without seeing gratuitous shilling for fucking Star Wars.
>>
>>13625483
Me too.
The new SW movie offers little that was not already done in SW Legends.
>>
>>13625463
In the first movie didn't they say they pioneered computer tech by studying the crashed alien ship from Roswell? Wasn't that the flimsy excuse they had for being able to code a virus and upload it from a Mac into an alien mothership?
>>
>2-21-2009: the Earth Space Defense Moonbase opens and is monitored from Beijing, China. The base has both offensive and defensive systems and is the first of several planned planetary bases

Gotta get money off the chinese audience somehow
>>
>>13625494

Well given that Hollywood films continuously pimp the latest hot ticket actors, often to the detriment of the film itself and suck the patriotism cock like it's going out of business I can't say as I mind them broadening that cock-sucking to include a second country instead of just one.
>>
guys chill, we all know its gonna be cheesy AF , like the original , lets focus on the cherry on top , SPACE FIGHTERS, how fucking cool is that?

the premise of space dogfights and planetary siege is enough to get me hyped, star wars will be all about trying to get that a new hope feel but pandering to millenials most likely , so i get the feeling that SW will be underwelming and overrated .

my only fear is that they take the full " stealth" kind of movie route ( as in absolutely nonsensical dogfighting, cockpit desing, and such)
>>
File: ID4Aliensuit2.jpg (13KB, 184x370px) Image search: [Google]
ID4Aliensuit2.jpg
13KB, 184x370px
I wonder if the aliens will have a new model of bio power armor.
>>
File: The_pulse.png (194KB, 1128x1963px) Image search: [Google]
The_pulse.png
194KB, 1128x1963px
>>13625290
>ID4 franchise turns into western Not-Macross
>I'd be okay with this.
Yep, it seems that it became that already:
>1-8-1999: the ESD adapts alien shield technology to the F-22 Raptor, moving towards the creation of full Hybrid Fighters
>8-19-2014: the next generation of Hybrid Fighter is unveiled — the T4 Global Defender, the most advanced alien-tech hybrid vehicle yet

In Macross' canon, the UN put alien technology on Tomcats, leading to the later creation of the VF-1s.

>>13625487
>>13625504
The reason I'm massively favoring this over Star Wars (apart from the endless shilling everywhere) is that ID4 is the ultimate "mankind fuck yeah" story.
>>
File: ID4_targets.png (83KB, 917x717px) Image search: [Google]
ID4_targets.png
83KB, 917x717px
Found this, looks like a list of cities hit by the aliens compiled from the War of 1996 site. So /m/, is your city on the list? Would you hae survived the war in 1996 or were you utterly fucked?

Let's see:
>Kuala Lumpur - Third Wave

Fuck, Guess I'm toast.
>>
>>13625532

It's also a good excuse to see a lot of dogfight action, massive spaceships and a lot of destruction. Also a Macross/Robotech movie would inevitably end in a clusterfuck with too much executive meddling and legal problem. This is the best we could hope for.
>>
>>13625557
>Baltimore is still too shitty for the ayylmaos to blow up

Thanks Obama
>>
>>13625571
Baltimore is right next to DC. There's no way it went untouched.

I find it odd that Norfolk, VA wasn't hit, being a major military city. But then again, this is Hollywood. They gotta go for recognizable names rather than ones that would make sense.
>>
My guess is that the alien fleet from 1996 wasn't a proper military force, but just a large scale stripmining/resource gathering operation with a not properly trained militia that didn't expected actual resistance. Those of the second invasions are probably the actual military and this explain why they seems more lethal.
>>
>>13625576
It doesn't count unless they list Baltimore, you know how this shit works.
>>
>>13625557
Live in rochester ny. Its across lake Ontario from Toronto. Might not be fucked?
>>
>>13625557

My country isn't even listed technically. Belfast is listed as part of the UK though, so Ireland did get hit as a island - just not as a nation. I'm on the opposite end of the island though, so barring any major attacks that fuck up the environment or cause tsunamis in the Atlantic or something given that I'm in a coastal town, then I'm fine I guess.

I do wonder if Intercepted wave means the attacks were stopped before they did any damage or just stopped part way through or what though.
>>
>>13625607
I don't think Belfast was hit. The white names are ones that were targeted but were saved before destruction.

Note how Area 51 is on there even though they took the ship down before it was wiped out.
>>
>>13625607
Luck of the Irish, when in doubt.
>>
Anyone else think this is gonna be shit? All modern disaster movies use way too much CGI and look like shit.
>>
>>13625557
>They hit fucking Perth before Melbourne or Sydney
I feel so sorry for the four people who lived there.
>>
>>13625631
If it has the campy lightheartedness of the original, and isn't too grim and serious, it should be fine.
>>
I'm sorry, when did ID become Macross?
>>
>>13625557
>Attacking Birmingham and Liverpool out of the UK targets
>Not Manchester and Edinburgh
>Messed up Belfast
What a bunch of shitters.
>>
>>13625645

>targeting Liverpool first

You can't blame them anon, they didn't want their mothership stolen before they could completely subjugate the Earth.
>>
>>13625557
WTF the aliens are fucking stupid, they didn't even hit NORAD, no shit they're gonna lose if they don't take out our nukes
>>
>>13625648
I guess that's why they took out Detroit too.
>>
>>13625651

Your memory isn't good: Norad was mentioned as destroyed in the second wave. They actually waited untill all the commanders were in to destroy it. It isn't listed because it doesn't count as a city.
>>
>>13625651
If you actually watched the movie, you would know that they tried to use a nuke on them in Houston (hence why Houston is yellow, it was taken out by the humans). It just bounced off the shield to no effect.
>>
>>13625651
That's not how they lost in the movie.
Nukes wouldn't have worked in any case, the entire dogfight scene literally shows that the ayylmaos don't really need to worry about that kind of thing because they have force fields.

>>13625641
People just wonder if it's gonna be NotMacross because there's notes on how apparently alien technology was integrated with existing jet fighters to form "Hybrid Fighters". No pictures, so it's all just conjecture.
>>
>>13625655
Sorry it's been more than 10 years since I saw it
>>13625657
But they could just strap nukes to drones and fly them into the bright light like captain kamikaze
>>
>>13625658

The website actually shows how they integrated alien tech starting with modified F22. The fighters show in the trailer are the final product. So we have a progression more or less similar to that mentioned in Macross Zero. However it's hard to argue that's just a LOGICAL progression and not an actual rip off.
>>
File: upload_-1-52.jpg (441KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
upload_-1-52.jpg
441KB, 1280x720px
Some pics of the human fighter.
>>
>>13625663
Oh. Talking about things I haven't watched, I guess I'm just like the rest of /m/ after all.
>>
>>13625662

Once the shield was neutralized the alien ships were on par with traditional jetfighter. Also their beam cannon is so frail that a traditional payload can do the trick without the fallout problem. Yeah, they kinda suck without their shields. Apparently they were not the real alien military but some sort of raiding fleet that stripmine suitable worlds with no expected opposition.
>>
>>13625664
>>
>>13625663

Are you seriously trying to argue that humans integrating alien tech in to existing jets to get an advanced jet isn't logical and is just ripping off Macross? If anything it's ripping off Stargate. Which probably ripped off something else regardless. It's a perfectly logical chain of events though, at least as a story idea, and doesn't actually require any other series to imagine it happened.
>>
>>13625275
What is Titan A.E., Alex.
>>
>>13625674

That's what i am saying. Why you understood the opposite?
>>
>>13625529
I hope not. At least not for the ones that have been stuck in Africa for the last 20 years...
>>
>>13625677

> Why you understood the opposite

Reading it again the only meaning I can glean from it is that you think it's a Macross ripoff. The fact the syntax on the above isn't really great English could mean it's not your first language though, so at a guess I'd say you may just have fudged the wording a bit without realizing it and given the opposite meaning to what you wanted. That or I'm just being really blind and have terrible reading comprehension, which I wouldn't discount as a possibility either.
>>
>>13625662
>But they could just strap nukes to drones and fly them into the bright light like captain kamikaze
He could only do that after they took down the shields with the virus. They tried nukes long before that.

They COULD have used nukes on them after the shields went down (which is what they did on the mothership), but that would also fuck up the remaining cities that weren't destroyed yet.
>>
>>13625529
>bio power armor
>it's flimsy as fuck
I still can't stand it. I hope the new ones look beefier.
>>
>>13625676

That's another universe I wish we got to see more of beyond just the one movie.
>>
>>13625635

Is this the first space war movie where Sydney *doesn't* get fucked?
>>
>>13625622

Sydney is also in white, and you might remember that one of the scenes at the end of the first film was the UFO being downed in the ocean off the coast of a still intact Sydney.
>>
>>13625729
Well, they're psychics with city-killing superweapons and probably don't expect a lot of on-foot combat. That's why I'm thinking the new ones will have better armor and weapons.
>>
>>13625869
From the trailer it looks like there'll be robots now.
>>
>>13625729
It was just for sitting around and pushing buttons, not kung fuing civilians. They had orbiting death lasers for that. Why would they need shock troops?
>>
>>13625557
>they attacked my city
>but were intercepted and didn't destroy it
feels good
Although, in a real military invasion, we're is getting blown up pretty early. There's not a lot of people here and it doesn't seem important, but it's got an enormous wealth of military and government archives. Blowing those up breaks a lot of systems.
>>
if the aliens invade, remember to go to the sewers
in every invasion movie, the giant death beam levels buildings and hurls rubble everywhere, but the streets are OK
asphalt is indestructable
become a moleman with me
>>
>>13625901

Truer wisdom ne'er been spoke.
>>
Will there be Newtypes.
>>
>>13625894
You could ask why they were wearing those suits in the first place, then. But I like to imagine the aliens are compensating for being so tiny. Also, they could just be flight suits, since the pilots were the ones wearing them.
>>
>>13625901

you ever read 'war of the worlds'? the soldier the main character meets has a similar solution to fighting the aliens. become molemen; steal alien shit; fight aliens with their own weapons.

the 2005 movie touches this slightly with the tim robbins character.
>>
>>13625901
We XCOM 2 now.
>>
So why hasn't the US taken over the whole planet? You'd think they would feel like the rest of the world owe it to them, after they saved them.
>>
>>13625926

President Pullman specifically made it a worldwide thing with his speech, it wasn't just about the USA.
>>
>>13625157

I refuse to believe that people unironically like Will Smith this much anymore.
>>
>>13625926
I think there actually is a One World Government, though.
>>
>>13625926
who do you thinks runs eath goverment in this movie universe? uganda?...please if its gonna be a patriotic-fuck-gasm of a movie , its gona be americans running everything most likely, and a token chinese to pander to their market ...

oh wait , who oversees moonbase?
>>
File: spaceballstheimage.jpg (42KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
spaceballstheimage.jpg
42KB, 640x480px
>>13625929
>President Pullman
>not President Lonestar
>>
>>13625894
>>13625729
>>13625908

near the end of the movie, when will and jeff are flying into the mothership, they see a bunch of foot soldiers that appear to be wearing a similar style of armor to the pilots, but you don't get a good shot of them.

also, since they're basically an expedition fleet, the biosuit probably acts as a way to shield them from potentially harmful environments the various planets they conquer may contain.

>>13625930

i stopped going to /tv/, but i can imagine there are tons of 'HOL UP' posts regarding id4r.
>>
>>13625939
>uganda?
LALALALALA ACTION
>>
>>13625941

>tfw Dark Helmet's Schwartz is as big as mine

It's a shame Pullman never became a bigger star.
>>
>>13625943
this pretty much.
think EVA suits, but designed from a different gravity.

as people say , if this time we see their real militia, imagine something like de first biosuit , with beefier extremities, perdatoresque optics and LAZORS on the tendrils or attached somewhere near the chest .

is there any expanded universe to id4? since someone mentioned a book or something up there
>>
>>13625943

ha, decided to take a walk over to there, and on the first page...

>>>/tv/63635146
>>
>>13625952
>is there any expanded universe to id4?
Just a couple of books set during the invasion from different perspectives and different countries. And a prequel comic, I think.
>>
>>13625907

this is macross, not gundam. instead of idols, we will get vivica a. fox's daughter stripping in front of the aliens for DECULTURE.
>>
>>13625959
SHOCKWAVE GAMES FROM BACK IN '96
holy shit i remember having such a headache trying to get that piece of shit to run on my toaster
>>
In 2025 can I look forward to a crossover movie between Independence Day and Toney Maguires live action robotech

Independence Day 5 / Robotech 4: Inception
>>
>>13626255

By the time Maguire actually gets around to directing it the only character he'll be able to play in the film is Global.
>>
File: DopeyBrightAgouti.webm (84KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
DopeyBrightAgouti.webm
84KB, 1024x512px
>>13625939
>no murica in space
>>
>>13625557
>Mexico City
I know my capital has always been overcrowded, but we have never been that relevant.

>Guadalajara
>Monterrey
And nothing of value was lost. :^)
>>
>>13626629
>yfw Murrica rules the Earth, that's why they're not in space.
>>
>>13626809
>America isn't in space because they took over the Earth
Wow. They're so powerful. They have ONE planet in ALL of space.
>>
File: 1445381520760.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1445381520760.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>1-8-1999: the ESD adapts alien shield technology to the F-22 Raptor, moving towards the creation of full Hybrid Fighters

>Add alien tech to F-22
>Recieve F-23 (with the fins sloping inward instead of outward)

huh.
>>
it won't probably be good but its gonna be hella fun.

Humans with relatively advanced tech vs super advanced aliens?! space ships! count me in!
i really want a movie that does space battles like stargate SG-1/Atlantis did, battle cruisers space battles were the best
>>
>>13625157

So, Why is Will not in this anyway?
>>
>>13627119
One of the conditions he had for his appearance was that Jaden had to be the main character.
>>
>>13627130
>lying on the internet
>>
>>13627130

That's bullshit, but I believe it.
>>
>>13627119

Probably involves money
>>
>>13625117
oh yay, another shit movie nobody wanted
>>
>>13626817

> ALL of space

Does anything indicate humans have even left the solar system yet by the time of the film? They have the central planet and the only one that really counts for shit. Every other planet, moon or whatever else just exists at the moment to protect Earth - so yea, that's a good indication of their relative power. Assuming people haven't left the Solar System yet that is.
>>
>>13625275
is this the one that dropped in Sydney? that was known for crater of sydney
>>
>>13627230
>a band of Mormans leave the Solar System to start their own colony
>they're the ones who anger the ayylmaos and get them to come back
>>
>>13627251
wait , wasn´t this space :above and beyond?
>>
>>13625557
Glad I'm in Iowa. Nobody gives a shit about blowing up corn.
>>
>>13627256
THEIR OWN HISTORICAL DOCUMENTS TELL THE STORY OF THE WAR CRIMINAL JIMKIRK
WE MUST DESTROY ALL THE LAND HE CLAIMS AS HIS
>>
>>13625557
They completely ignored the Caribean, so I guess I'm perfectly fine.
>>
>>13627255
Actually Starship Troopers. It's what caused the Anarchnids to attack Earth. Some Mormans went out and settled on one of their planets and the bugs took it to be a vanguard for an invasion force.
>>
>>13627270
most of southamerica too, so maybe they built jaburo?
>>
>>13625557
They destroyed the most important city next to me, Seattle, but I doubt the shockwave from those guns would hit me 40 miles out
>>
>>13625557
>Mexico's 3 main cities gone
but fucking why? there is nothing worthy here!!!!!!
>>
>>13625532
I have to ask, is this from /tg/?

I love these kinds of stories, which are ironically rather true.
>>
>>13625557
they took out denver, i'm in Colorado springs. maybe i lived, but then again if i remember correctly there was a throw away line about the vice president and other members of cabinet at the Cheyenne mountain base which it think got taken out.
>>
>>13625557
>The only city attacked was Barcelona, and they were intercepted.
Not even aliens want anything to do with us.
>>
>>13627338
don´t be sad, we´ll always have calatrava to fill in for alien-like destroyed structures
>>
>>13625557
>One of that attacks was going to be on Hiroshima.

These guys are hilarious.
>>
>>13627328
The majority of them are, yes.
>>
>>13627344
I don't remember any ancient alien thing related to Calatrava.
>>
>>13627230
It wouldn't surprise me if fringe groups actually ever left Earth.

>A group of furfags left Earth
>Returns as true furries trying to spread the word

>A group of nudists left Earth
>Returns with advanced technology or genetics that allows them to survive the depths of space entirely nude.

>A group of Satanists left Earth
>Return as crazy as 40k Chaos troops.

>/m/ left Earth
>Returns as silicone-based humanoids able to transfer over to any robotic body they prefer at the moment.

>/a/ left Earth
>Returns as a bunch of eternal lolis or onee-sans, whichever they split up into.
>>
>>13625117
>10-23-2003: the U.S. Army fully adopts recovered alien weaponry for military application, quelling controversy with impressive displays of the weapons’ effectiveness
That's not how it works at all. Unless the controversy was about whether they'd work rather than their utilization.
>>
>>13625128
That's a commn idea in fiction tho, the transformers movies used that too, so do the annunaki theories and so on.
>>
>>13627363
museo de las artes y las ciencias de valencia
one of the museum wings, had a dome structure housing a building dedicated to arts and music, the outer layer had some ceramic decoration that was poorly designed and crumbled on its own weight due to the weather
( lo pongo en ingles para que se enteren los gringo-speakers pero vamos hace un par de años que paso , ademas de los puentes mal diseñados estructuralmente o los edificios muy modernns pero llenos de goteras que va dejando ese hombre xD)
>>
>>13627119
There's a multitude of reasons floating around. Some plausible, some not.

As already mentioned:
>>13627130 Jaden
>>13627210 Money

Other reasons:
- Schedule conflict. He's already booked for something else.
- He didn't want to do another Father-Son Sci-Fi movie. Working on After Earth was seriously bad times.
- He wanted to get out of doing sequels for things (Probably BS since he's lined up for additional Bad Boyz sequels)
>>
>>13627351
It is just another Japanese city.
>>
>>13627392
Oh, *that* Calatrava. I thought you meant something about the cátaros.
>>
>>13625557
>>13627408
>>13627351
> Osaka untouched.
Osaka Aho Culture now rules Japan with takoyaki and stand up comedy for everyone. And the world is a better place.
>>
>>13627418
>untouched

Intercepted does not mean that it was not attacked by alien fighter or partially crushed by the downed city destroyer.
>>
File: REKTSPLOSION.png (124KB, 5000x2571px) Image search: [Google]
REKTSPLOSION.png
124KB, 5000x2571px
>>13625557
>UK only got three cities hit
>Live right in the south west, which they ignored entirely
For once it's good to live near chavs and farmers
>>
File: haters.jpg (27KB, 411x225px) Image search: [Google]
haters.jpg
27KB, 411x225px
>>13625557

>Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal BTFO

Top kek, feels good to be Alberta master race.
>>
>>13625557
>liverpool/london/birmingham

Suddenly the uk is a better place thanks aliums
>>
>>13627438
Intercepted means that they have a cool new tourist attraction to bolster the local economy.
>>
>>13627456
>Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal BTFO

Canada status: Great Again.
>>
>>13625557
>Toronto Canada

Did not expect to see Toronto as one of the first places destroyed in the first wave.

Goddamn, even Tokyo too.
>>
>>13625532
Moar humans ruining alien lives stories pls.
>>
>>13627493

Tokyo was destroyed but everyone was already in the Godzilla shelter.

It's the same universe, that's why nobody tried to fuck with the UFOs because they figured Godzilla would just fight a monster and they'd go away afterwards.
>>
I'm wondering who Bret spiner's is playing, his character was dead.

At least it looks better than Star Trek Beyond.
>>
So guys, how are they gonna' beat the aliens this time?
Think the aliens upgraded their Norton anti-virus by now?
>>
>>13627521
With the tech we stole from them.

It's going to be hilarious if it turns out the aliens came for peace, and to apologize for the actions of the space pirates... only for humanity to start blowing them up and igniting a war.
>>
Why is everyone abbreviating this as ID4?
>>
>Independance Day aka ID4 gets a sequel
>it's not Cinco De Mayo aka CM5
You had ONE JOB, hollywood.
>>
>>13627530
US Independence day is on the fourth of July.
I dunno', modern marketing is silly.
>>
File: 1316145265534.png (83KB, 1203x706px) Image search: [Google]
1316145265534.png
83KB, 1203x706px
>>13627499

I only have a handful of them saved, but I'll post what I got I guess.
>>
File: 1328899715710.png (118KB, 877x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1328899715710.png
118KB, 877x1700px
>>13627543
>>
>>13627546

That's all I can find at least.
>>
>>13625557
>Columbia SC
absolutely no one gives a fuck, not even aliens
an alternate-reality version of The Flash ran past my city in one comic book, ONCE. Didn't stop, just ran past. Wasn't even one of DC's alternate Flash versions, it was an alternate version of The Blur, a Marvel character from Squadron Supreme aka Not Necessarily The Justice League.
>>
>>13627546
That's actually a pretty nifty idea, probably one of my favorites from the 'humanity, fuck yeah' genre.
>>
>>13625676
A miserable forgotten waste of potential.

I miss it.
>>
>>13627543
>>13627546
>>13627553
My thanks.

I do love it when Humanity is the underdog, but gradually come out on top. Not always because they were suppressed, but sometimes because they were messed with when they were not really doing anything notably wrong.
>>
File: its_so_beautiful .jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
its_so_beautiful .jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>13627543
This is fucking GLORIOUS.
>>
>>13625157
Would you prefer Will Smith AND Jaden Smith?
>>
>>13627553
Don't you just love it when aliens forecast their own destruction, but fail to forecast that their desire to subvert their own destruction only brought it about in the first place?

One of those "don't put the cart before the horse" type of deals.
>>
>>13625557
What was the blast radius for the cities they hit?
>>
>>13627540
But that's not their actual independence day.
>>
File: 2015-12-14_00006.jpg (241KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-14_00006.jpg
241KB, 1920x1080px
>>13625557
>based Belfast lives
ULSTER WILL FIGHT AND ULSTER WILL BE RIGHT
>>
>talking about choice of cities that were hit

you do realize they just went through a list sorted by population, right?
>>
>>13625557
>First wave Toronto

Well fuck you to aliens.
>>
>>13627367
>/d/ left earth
>God help us if they ever return
>>
>>13628090
On a board about robot cartoons.
>>
>>13628090
>Perth
>Population
>>
>>13625275

Thats the terraformer the aliens were waiting for at the end of the first movie.

...Roland is trying to pull a Lucas.
>>
>>13625557
>Hong Kong
Fuck
>>
>>13625557
Both Helsinki and St. Petersburg are far enough that my home town most likely survived.
>>
>>13625557

>Singapore | First Wave
ayyy :(
>>
>>13625557
>singapore

Welp.
>>
>>13625939

According to >>13625557, America was blown absolutely THE FUCK out.

Then again, I guess there is still quite a bit of intact command and control infrastructure left in Maryland and Virginia, and it's not like other major powers did well either.
>>
>>13625557

>not one Swiss city touched
Even the ayylmaos respect neutrality, it seems.
>>
>>13629002
>>13628995
>Singapore
but doesn't that mean practically the entire country would be gone?
>>
>>13625557
In 97 I may have been close enough to Seattle to die in the second wave. Or I was just out of range on the outskirts.
>>
>>13625557
>lived in Singapore in '96
looks like I'm fucked
>>
>>13629090
...yes. Hence the resignation.
>>
>>13629090

Quite so. And so it's rather unfortunate for us.
>>
>>13625557

Sometimes living in the wilds of England has its advantages... I'd get a good view of Birmingham getting blown away though considering the size of the ships
>>
>>13625664

Oh now that is one sexy piece of machinery....more so as we'd be smart enough to install a generator on each plane so wiping out a base doesn't neuter the entire forces defence
>>
>>13627268

Scary thing is, if aliens have no concept of acting, they could believe the crap pulled in ds9 was real...

..of course, considering the amount of 'Earthlings kick the living crap out of the aliens' stories radiating through space; they might realise its best to approach nicely with a big gift

tfw aliens belive Riders are real
>>
>>13628225
Didn't you ever wonder how Chaos was created? /d/eviants left earth, entered the Warp and became the gods of Chaos
>>
>>13625557
Nope, Looks like British Columbia wasn't even so much as touched.
>>
>>13625945
>uganda?

They'll get their own spinoff movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JABdS-HN5A
>>
>>13625668
Like the Scrin
>>
File: 1450095893580.png (102KB, 917x717px) Image search: [Google]
1450095893580.png
102KB, 917x717px
>>13630603

m8
>>
>>13625668
>stripmine suitable worlds

The new alien mothership seems to have this purpose.
The other one was a colony ship.
>>
>>13625576
>Norfolk

I'm actually surprised by this as well. The Norfolk/Hampton Roads area is basically the main military hub on the eastern seaboard.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it became the de facto or even declared temporary USA capital while DC was being rebuilt.
>>
How big was the blast radius? I live about 50 miles outside of DC, so I guess 50/50 depending on how big the death ray radius was.
>>
>>13630995
This.

It appears that the aliens from the first were just the ones meant to clear out the population.

The ones arriving now are the ones who strip-mine & the actual alien military.
>>
>>13629088
They just wanted a nice looking place to open bank accounts for the stashing of space gold
>>
>>13625557
Seems I'm safe as the closest city they destroyed is either Detroit or Chicago. I don't know which ones closer.
>>
>>13627367
Dat /m/, we transformers now. I am ready lord /m/egatron.
>>
File: vf_1s_strike_small.jpg (287KB, 1500x947px) Image search: [Google]
vf_1s_strike_small.jpg
287KB, 1500x947px
>>13625117

Hoping for good things from this. Not-Macross would be cool to have.
>>
>>13625275
>rag tag space refugee humanity comeback
And Kobol will become our new home.

It's like pottery.
>>
>>13627367
>>13628225
>/fit/ left Earth
What will they end up into if they return?

>>13630979
What are the chances that they'll end up destroying Ontario when they experiment with the alien shield system and it overloads.
>>
>>13632581
>>/fit/ left Earth
>What will they end up into if they return?
Fitter.
>>
>>13632581

I don't know. Ontario doesn't strike me as the kind of place where people experiment with alien shield systems.
>>
>>13625275
So is it crashing or doing something else? I mean if it's crashing it's kind of dumb to show it in a trailer.
>>
>>13626842
That's a different, newly developed fighter. The F-22 with alien tech just looks like a normal F-22.
>>
>>13625351
I have more faith in it than the new Star Wars.

>The aliens were dead

Yes, the scout ships were defeated. Now the main force is coming.
>>
>>13625483
I can't go to my local family owned food market, not even a super market, without seeing Shilling Wars. I thought shit was bad when Lucas was in charge but Disney outdid him.
>>
>>13625529
I thought those were like pilot/biohazard suits, not power armor?
>>
>>13625557
Living in a tiny ass hick town means I never show up on these kinds of lists. If I ever make a story involving cities getting destroyed I'm just gonna include it for shits and giggles.
>>
>>13625662
>But they could just strap nukes to drones

What drones? The first movie was set in 1996.
>>
>>13627394
He's probably up for doing Bad Boyz movies cause they're easy to do, make bank, and it's mainly just him and at least one of his friends having fun. Same reason Adam Sandler keeps on making movies with people that were in the Grown Ups movies. They don't take it seriously, it's like a vacation for them.
>>
>>13627507
Maybe flash backs or archive footage involving his character? I remember the alien speaking through him but I don't remember him dying. Maybe he went crazy afterwards and Goldblum visits him in the Area 51 mental ward?
>>
>>13629258
Watch Galaxy Quest
>>
>>13630850
Reminds of Devil May Cry and THE KILLER
>>
>>13633061

He looked dead or comatose when they checked his pulse, eyes staring. I'll accept some alien induced coma though.
>>
>>13627507
>I'm wondering who Bret spiner's is playing, his character was dead.
iirc they shot the scene with him being conclusively being killed, but they trimmed it for the final cut to leave it open
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.