[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Hawken? Is it enough to fill the "no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 24ovrsk.gif (1MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
24ovrsk.gif
1MB, 500x250px
What do you think of Hawken? Is it enough to fill the "no AC on PC," void? Also have you seen the Mek-Fu controller? Looks pretty sick.
>>
>>13623500
Fucking terrible game and awful mech designs.
>>
File: mek_fu05.jpg (62KB, 1024x427px) Image search: [Google]
mek_fu05.jpg
62KB, 1024x427px
>>13623500
this is the controller it's basically the one from the old Steel Battalion, i'm excited for it to drop.
>>
Isn't Hawken already dying/dead?
>>
>>13623594
beats me! never played it
>>
>>13623521
I wanna buy that controller and use it for other pc mech games.
>>
>>13623521
Man, I miss joysticks. Are those even a thing anymore?
>>
>>13623500
Mecha design is yet another example of the western world demanding muh realism with blocky and ugly robots. And then into the mix they throw in a giant nanomachine plague and repairbots that can fix a half-destroyed unit into almost brand new in seconds, because that's realistic.

The gameplay itself is pretty decent unless your teammates are idiots, which when you play with randoms is all the time. Also balance is shit.

Had some fun times with it, but overall wouldn't recommend. There are much better games out there.
>>
>>13623521
Are there controller only rooms or do you play against people using KBM? Because mixing the two in a fast paced FPS hardly ever works out for the controller users.
>>
>>13623665
What's a good, relatively modern mech sim game for the PC then? I've been needing one lately.
>>
>>13623698
>he thinks enough people play Hawken to have multiple rooms
WEW LAD!
>>
>>13623665
>because that's realistic

Because realism is prized so highly in first person shooters that involve elements of science fiction.
>>
>>13623500
Fun game back when I played it but I wish the levels were more open and had less clutter. Also, the game needs larger scale battles. I'm tired of modern fps games always being this 4v4 shit. I want my massive 16vs16 death match mode.
>>
>>13625064
because everyone wants to chase that "competitive esports" scene. with twitch streamers and stuff.
can't do that with larger battles because personal mad skillz needs to matter more.
>>
>>13623521
If that can be used with other games I'll totally buy one.
>>
>>13625167
what are the mech games that uses dual thruster movement controls?
i only know virtual on, steambot chronicles, and some other 90s arcade games.
>>
>>13625181
The second and third Gundam Side Story games on the Saturn allow you to use the Virtual On twin stick controller.
>>
Hawken was a fun arcadey game that didn't deserve to die while people happily buy $500 MWO mechs.
>>
File: image.png (430KB, 473x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
430KB, 473x640px
>>13623665
It's like you fuckers have never seen a maschinen krieger. Since that's what the design is based on primarily
>>
>>13625015
There are none. Buy a former gen console and play AC, even though they aren't mech sims, just mech games.
What on Earth is an mech sim anyways? How can you simulate something that's fantasy?
>>
>>13625482
What's the best Armored Core to get my hands on? V's multiplayer stuff is likely all dead, right?
>>
>>13625534
There are 4 AC games on x360/ps3: AC4, ACFA, ACV and ACVD. My honest opinion is play them all in order, they should be quite cheap. V is the worst and is the only one you might skip, VD is the one with semi-alive online, maybe ACFA too.
4 and FA have the best singleplayer modes and are on the same timeline, and FA is related story-wise to 4 so play them in order. V is kind of meh overall but it lets you appreciate how much better VD is. These two are also part of the same timeline but story isn't connected.
>>
Alpha was a lot of fun. Game kind of turned to shit though.
>>
Really liked HAWKEN, but it got pretty stale. Had a pretty high skill ceiling which drove people away from it.
Can't see myself playing it with a joystick(s) though. M+KB just works better for it.
>>
>>13623500
Hawken is a lovely, lovely aesthetic combined with a decent set of FPS mechanics and an abysmal F2P model. If you use the Mek-Fu controller you're crippling yourself, Hawken is a fast-paced shooter where response time is key.

>>13625345
This, holy shit. /m/ is so ignorant sometimes. That meme that Hawken 'isn't a real mech game' and 'is literally COD' hasn't died out yet either, parroted by people who don't understand why COD is bad and who think Gundam Ex Vs is an accurate giant robot simulation.
>>
>>13626792
>literally COD
Last I checked, Hawken didn't feature a TTK of <0.3 seconds. It has more in common with old arena shooters like Quake and Unreal than every CoD-ified FPS people are familiar with today.
>>
>>13626830
Quite.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.