[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, /m/. Would you have liked her better if she was the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: Nina Purpleton.jpg (41KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Nina Purpleton.jpg
41KB, 225x350px
Be honest, /m/. Would you have liked her better if she was the villain all along?

>leaks info of an illegal weapons project to her radical ex-boyfriend
>allows him to steal the Physalis
>cooperates with Feddie efforts to retrieve it(still need that test data after all)
>leaks plans for another prototype to Zeon(GP-04)
>personally stops her new beau from preventing the colony drop
>conflict in the Earth Sphere is renewed, and Anaheim Electronics can enjoy a new golden age of profit, with neither side ever the wiser
You'd think evil weapons contractors would be more common in Gundam, but not so much.
>>
>>13622757

yes, that would be pretty cool
>>
You can only be so evil when your homes are on the frontlines of nearly every conflict.
>>
Would have made for a far more interesting and coherent story.
>>
>>13622757
Did you not watch 0083? Most of what you said is wrong.
>>
>>13623930
Did you read his post?
>>
>>13622757
I would've just liked some consistency in regards to her ending. Like, she's conflicted between Gato and Kou, cool dynamic, then she starts to love Kou, great. But then she betrays him at the end, it's a cool dark twist. But here's my problem, she either needed to stay evil, or use her betrayal to outsmart Gato and return to Kou. Like in the final moments she has a realization, stops the drop and returns to Kou. But we get nothing cause we need that colony drop for zeta. So she does it, goes evil, then comes back and acts like nothing's happened so we can have a happy ending to a show that's suppose to have a bleak ending. I just wanted some consistency.
>>
>>13624002

Synapse got fucking executed and Nina got nothing. Not even a slap on the wrist.
>>
File: ddnt read.gif (510KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ddnt read.gif
510KB, 320x240px
>>13623949
Make me.
>>
I honestly have no problem with her as is.

I can't help but feel that in her place, I too, would have had trouble recognizing my supposedly KIA ex if I had only seen the back of their head from across a hangar bay in literally the last place I would every expect to see them.
>>
>>13624082
Go back to reddit.
>>
>>13622757
If she had been a straight-up bad girl a redesign would have been in order. You can't give that hair to a villainess.
>>
File: 1431149301118.png (443KB, 714x480px) Image search: [Google]
1431149301118.png
443KB, 714x480px
>>13624002
She's just crazy man. You can even see the fear in Kou's eyes when she runs up to him acting like nothing ever happened despite all the shit she put him through.
>>
>>13624392
looks more like disinterest to me
>>
>>13622757
Yes because that makes more sense than wanting to be with a guy who left you and is planing on killing thousand of people so that thousands more will die.
>>
>>13622757
>if
>>
>>13624392
If kou was a real nigga he would have swung on that bitch.
>>
Maybe if she was the DOHOHOHOHOHO ojousama type.
>>
>>13622757
I like her well enough before the whole Gato thing came out of nowhere. Just remove that and you're golden.
>>
>>13624806
>implying
You wish, fool.
>>
>>13622757
I would have liked better if the GP-03 stomped on her at the end
>>
I have a GM Quel MG, which comes with a 2-3 inch tall Nina figure
I'm going to paint her (after I finish the Quel)
Then attach her to enough bottle rockets to send her shooting up to the sky and explode
Finally, Murrica will have its vengeance on her
>>
>>13624002
>>13624392
>gato
>evil

I jest, but seriously - Nina pulls a gun on Gato and tries to stop him from putting in the course corrections. He knows she won't shoot him, or more likely doesn't care if she does because he's all about dying for 'muh ideals'. She hesitates long enough for Kou to appear and shoot Gato, at which point Gato locks in the trajectory. Nina, still unable to choose between them, points the gun at Kou because if she didn't Kou would kill Gato then and there. She then leaves with Gato who punches her out and hands her to his buddy to take to safety, knowing he's been mortally wounded and intending to defend the colony as his last act. Kou and him them launch at the same time, have their duel and both get caught in the beam, but when Kou wakes up Gato is gone so he understands Gato's honour and is able to let go of his hate for him, even coming to respect him. Nina meanwhile has to watch the Zeons' defeat knowing that Gato has died out there. When offered the choice of going with the Zeons, she instead chooses to board a small craft and go back to the Feddies. She is presumably never accused of anything (>>13624066) because no one knows what she was up to during the whole time and the entire operation was a complete clusterfuck anyway so probably no one was paying attention. When Kou is released after his year in prison and they meet again, both of them have been freed from Gato's shadow and had time to come to terms with the events, which allows them both to realise how much they still love each other.

So Nina was never 'evil', she was always conflicted and her actions were consistent with those taken by a young woman whose heart is torn between two men who want to kill each other.
>>
Her actions at the end were an asspull. Whoever thought it was a good idea? Did they really need TWISTS to finish off the story?
>>
>>13630286
Apparently, yes. Just ask any Votoms fan about how Imaishi handled Shining Heresy's ending, since he worked on that too.
>>
>>13624066
Not to mention Luccette died.
>>
>>13627652
>t when Kou wakes up Gato is gone so he understands Gato's honour and is able to let go of his hate for him, even coming to respect him.
>When Kou is released after his year in prison and they meet again, both of them have been freed from Gato's shadow and had time to come to terms with the events, which allows them both to realise how much they still love each other.

You're literally inventing events in your head.
>>
>>13624002
>But then she betrays him at the end
I'm amazed at the amount of retards that absolutely can't into subtext and only see things at their superficial levels.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.