[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Liger Zero is the best and why is it Zero X? Pic related:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 19

File: fz_zp_grr.jpg (66KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fz_zp_grr.jpg
66KB, 480x360px
Which Liger Zero is the best and why is it Zero X?

Pic related: Zero Phoenix is pretty rad too.
>>
>>13608933
Fuzors pls go
>>
File: image.jpg (210KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 1200x800px
>>13608933
Zoids is a cool guy. Shoots people and eh doesn't afraid of anything.
>>13608939
Was Fuzors really that bad? Granted I was a kid at the time so I'm inclined to believe you.
>>
File: 12e.jpg (139KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
12e.jpg
139KB, 1600x1067px
All Liger is best Zero, obviously, but of the ones that actually exist:

Schneider a good
Jaeger a best
Panzer a great
X an okay
Phoenix a shit
Falcon a worst
>>
>>13608948
Well, this is probably just nostalgia glasses kicking in (since i'm a chaotic century guy). I found the Fuzors combinations to be too gimmicky. I guess I prefer standard weapon kits over two zoidz linking up like some incomplete megazord.
>>
>>13608939
Well, Phoenix is ok, it can stay. Falcon can fuck right off to hell.

>>13608948
>Was Fuzors really that bad?

YES.
>>
File: RD_at_controls.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
RD_at_controls.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>13608948
The only really bad part about Fuzors was this faggot right here. All the other characters were pretty neat even if they didn't get a lot of development.
>>
>>13608954
Well that's perfectly understandable. Different strokes for different folks I get that.
>>
>>13608954
The idea of Fuzors isn't so bad, combining robots as a concept isn't ever terrible, but they're so inconsistent and terrible about it (You know one of the random bad guy's mechs was a Fuzor the entire show? No? Well the people writing the show apparently didn't either!) that it fucks with everything.

>>13608958
>All the other characters were pretty neat even if they didn't get a lot of development.

Some of them, I guess? I mean, I liked Gummy. But the rival is just as bad as RD is, and a decent chunk of the main supporting cast is either boring, flat, or bad. That on top of the plot being bad, the rather piss new designs, the way a fucking Gojulas Giga got its shit stomped like no one cared, EVERYTHING TO DO WITH ENERGY LIGER AND THE ALPHA ZOID, and the fact that the Phoenix Girl was used as a plot for like one episode and never even fucking referenced again just don't add up to something good.
>>
I don't know, but the Blade Liger was absolute shit and only worked because the evil empire couldn't really into gun carrying Zoids. The animation was cap too.
>>
>>13608948
Fuzors is pretty bad. Reusing Zero as the lead was a poor idea, the Phoenix and Falcon just don't fit all that nicely on it and they're really crappy kits on their own because of all the engineering compromises that needed to be made to have them form wearable armor. The cheap $10 kits got you so much more flexibility for so much less. The CG in Fuzors is noticeably worse than in previous shows, and the story premise is too much exactly like NCZ to not look like a cheap rehash.
>>
File: Fz_Ciao_badge.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fz_Ciao_badge.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>13608970
Yeah pretty much. I remember seeing the trailers for Fuzors, and hoping it was gonna be a buddy cop show. (Blame Mach Storm's jackets)

Oh well. At least Ciao was a cute.
>>
>>13608978
The police being one of the better parts of the show was pretty cool, I liked them, but a group of side characters cannot stop a show from being DOA.

Also, I hate Fuzors even more because I am completely certain its terrible ratings were the reason Genesis was never broadcast in America (or most places outside of Japan in general)... and Genesis never broadcasting in America was almost certainly the reason the franchise is pretty much dead right now since that franchise was always big on American money.
>>
>>13608972
Nobody in anime can into guns. Zoids is about glorious lion samurai.
>>
>>13608978
Thomas Shubaltz was a better cop. Sort of.
>>
>>13608985
On the plus side, the break gave us the HMM kits and they are glorious.
>>
>>13608989
>Nobody in anime can into guns.

Except for the Humanoid Typhoon and his elf cousin in Ryu Knight.
>>
>>13608973
>Reusing Zero as the lead was a poor idea,
This I can kind of agree with. I would have been cool with the main team using the first four blox zoids throughout and there being a focus on building their teamwork to make Matrix Dragon.

>the Phoenix and Falcon just don't fit all that nicely on it
>really crappy kits on their own
Well now you're just shitposting. I got a Fire Phoenix and a Jet Falcon and I think they're both pretty cool either on their own, or mounted on my spare Liger.
>>
>>13608989
What is Gunsmith Cats
What is Golgo
>>
>>13608997
Yeah, but we could be getting more Zoids anime. We could be getting THIS as a real thing right about now, or have already gotten it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05ZTqD0GTvY

>>13609003
>I would have been cool with the main team using the first four blox zoids throughout and there being a focus on building their teamwork to make Matrix Dragon.

See, that's a cool idea. And give a rival team the Chimera Dragon, and then they come together in the end to fight the real threat because the rival coming to work with the MC happens in every Zoids anyway.

And hell, the "Alpha Zoid" thing would arguably make more sense as a Matrix Dragon instead of something that HORRIBLY JOBS EVERY TWO EPISODES sorry I'm kind of mad about how stupid Fuzors got.
>>
Something that always confused me: are zoids born, or made?
>>
>>13608989
Black Lagoon? Hellsing?
>>
>>13609017
IIRC, most Zoids are made, but there were (in Planet Zi's past) beings that were very much like Zoids, called "wild Zoids" that most MC mechs and a few other notable ones are heavily based on.
>>
I really liked the little cat-and-mouse game the Super-Scorpion and Ultrasaurus had in the second season of CC.

Though i wasn't a fan of how quickly the Gojulas became a jobber in CC, even if it happened in the toyline storysplats it took a few years for the big super-zoids to get hard-countered, let alone completely surpassed.

>>13609010
Golgo is a bit of a lolwut with his magical m16.

>>13609017
Both, don't think about it too hard.
>>
File: Liger Zero IWSP.jpg (20KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
Liger Zero IWSP.jpg
20KB, 300x225px
All of the big 3 at once.
>>
>>13608985
As garbage as Fuzors is, I feel like Genesis is moreso. The more I try to get into it, the more it just feels like a really watered down Chaotic Century. Did the Bio zoids really need to be the creation of yet ANOTHER evil empire? Wouldn't it have been better if they were an unstoppable force of zombies that were their own master?

I also hate the idea of the Murasame Liger "Temporarily" evolving like a digimon. Just give the kid an organoid and let him keep the Hayate and the Mugen Ligers later. Ya know?
>>
>>13609036
>Though i wasn't a fan of how quickly the Gojulas became a jobber in CC, even if it happened in the toyline storysplats it took a few years for the big super-zoids to get hard-countered, let alone completely surpassed.

They did at least pick something really threatening to make the thing that caused it to job, a suped up Deathsaurer is no joke (And didn't both Gojulas units make it out of that battle still active?)

>>13609043
Murasame basically can transform whenever he wants it too though, unlike Digimon there's no limit. And there was at least one or two times where he did go back to Murasame afterwards.

Also, the twist at the end about the villain faction is good, and even if the plot is kind of completely a rehash it also carries over that the characters are all pretty good (except arguably Re Mii).

Genesis isn't the best show out there, it has notable issues, and it's not as good as CC or NCZ, but it's at least able to stand as its own thing and be worth mentioning with them. Fuzors is bad as its own thing and completely not worth mentioning with the others. It's just fucking bad.
>>
>>13609040
Why.jpg
>>
File: trash.jpg (27KB, 948x711px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
27KB, 948x711px
>>13608972
>Blade Liger was absolute shit
You're shit. Blade Liger is beautiful.

>evil empire couldn't really into gun carrying Zoids
Geno Saurer, Helcat, Sabre Tiger, Iron Kong, Molga, and Red and Dark Horns would disagree bubby.

If anything, the Empire's idea of building zoids is "How many guns CAN we throw on this sumbitch before we mass produce it?"
>>
>>13609003
I dunno, man, I have both still and they really do suck in my opinion. The best part about the Fuzor line is the Lego aspect of them, being able to mix them up and make your own custom Zoid. The Phoenix, and especially the Falcon, use these massive parts that don't have much way to be used outside the one specific way you're supposed to use them. Phoenix is a little better about this, but it's still so much harder to work with than most. I can still get pleasure out of taking my Matrix Dragon parts and coming up with new ways to mix them.
>>
>>13609069
Heck, even their red raptor things which are blade-only in the toyline canon have guns in CC.
>>
>>13609040
See >>13608950 for a version that isn't eye-gouging.
>>
>>13609013
>And hell, the "Alpha Zoid" thing would arguably make more sense as a Matrix Dragon instead of something that HORRIBLY JOBS EVERY TWO EPISODES sorry I'm kind of mad about how stupid Fuzors got.

To be fair to the Liger Zero, RD was a shit pilot and a shit character. Pissed me off that someone so whiny and bitchy was named "DA BES PILOT IN DA CITY" every episode, and then he'd go back to bitching anytime he had to do his job.

RD was basically the Seth Rollins of Zoids.
>>
>>13609077
That would be the rev raptor, and yes it did have some nice hip-mounted guns, just enough to give the noguns a fit.
>>
>>13609062
>(And didn't both Gojulas units make it out of that battle still active?)
The one Irvine was driving was disabled, but I think the other one was still walking.
>>
>>13609062
>>13609100
A whole squad of them jobbed to the rival-boy's particle cannon thing.

I think because they didn't realize it had been upgraded to turn while firing and exposed themselves too early instead of serving as artillery.

I just think they needed more time to shine besides the one battle where they first showed up.
>>
>>13609091
My point is though, that if they were going to be the "IT WAS YOU ALL ALONG" twist, they should have at least done it a different way. Make it so the Alpha Zoid doesn't really exist, it's just how this universe calls the equivalent of the original Blade Liger and Liger Zero (since each Zoids anime follows off an AU version of the previous, except maybe Genesis and Fuzors, we'll never know because thousands of years past) and everything else was a legend. And so, by defeating Berserk Seismo, his zoid BECOMES the "Legendary Alpha Zoid", so in his journey to find it he manages to become it. You know, a basic prophecy twist. It'd still be annoying that it's fucking RD that fulfills it, but at least it makes sense.

But no, his Zoid was the Alpha Zoid all fucking along, and apparently had infinite power all fucking along, and NEVER SHOWED ANYTHING RELATED TO THIS BEFOREHAND.

>>13609100
That's still pretty decent though, they went up against a superior opponent and still managed to get out of it in a repairable state.

>>13609114
Yeah, but Genobreaker is pretty goddamn insane too. Literally everything jobs to Genobreaker, it beats all three MCs no problem, beats three Genosaurers who managed to get the jump on it and heavily damage it, and literally flew right up fucking next to the Bloody Deathsaurer WHILE STILL DAMAGED and didn't get completely annihilated.

But yeah, one more battle with triumphant Gojulas would have been nice. At least the next anime featuring a Gojulas managed to make it look gooahahahahahaha fucking Fuzors.
>>
File: 63.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
63.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
>>13609100
That's because Herman is pretty awesome.
>>
File: What the actual fuck.jpg (58KB, 273x448px) Image search: [Google]
What the actual fuck.jpg
58KB, 273x448px
>>13608933
>Fuzors was a mistake
>>
>>13609120
No I get'cha anon. Besides. I think we can all agree "Alpha Zoid" is just a poor man's overhyped term for "Ultimate X"
>>
>>13609127
Remind me again, was Herman the President's son?
>>
>>13609154
Yes, he was.
>>
File: Zerofalcon.jpg (44KB, 500x454px) Image search: [Google]
Zerofalcon.jpg
44KB, 500x454px
>>13609136
Yes. That does seem to be the general consensus. However you can't deny that the Liger Zero looks dead sexy no matter what it's wearing.

Except for pic related with it's god awful parade color scheme.
>>
>>13609162
Naked liger Zero (aka liger shedding off its panzer kit when overheating) is pretty lewd tho.
>>
File: naked_liger_zero.jpg (92KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
naked_liger_zero.jpg
92KB, 900x596px
>>13609183
You say that like it's a bad thing. :^)
>>
>>13609193
GAH! BLADE WOLF!
>>
>>13609162
>it's god awful parade color scheme.

And covering up the Strike Laser Claws - oh, no, I'm sorry, "Laser Claw Strike Attack"s.

And those giant fucking spinning things on its back.

And the CLEARLY VISABLE UPPER COCKPIT DESPITE JET FALCON NEVER BEING PILOTED.

And the fact that in general it's just Liger Zero with even more white and a giant fucking thing sitting on its back (which just makes me think of that one time they tried to install something similar in NCZ, and the Liger Zero went "ha ha, no, get this shit off of me.")
>>
Blade Liger is technically superior to Liger Zero
>>
File: VanandFiona.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
VanandFiona.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>13609355
Only when these two are piloting it.

Leon's pretty great too.
>>
File: LZF-NJR-1.jpg (88KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
LZF-NJR-1.jpg
88KB, 600x399px
>>13609323
I don't mind the gloves or the Berserk Fury Eggbeaters too much. But that fucking color scheme in Fuzors. Just no.

Give me an NJR Zero Falcon piloted by Ray Gregg any day.
>>
>>13608948
Best Liger Zero right here.
>>
>>13609231
RULES OF NATURE!
>>
>>13609091
hey hey don't insult Seth "You Da Man" Rollins ok?

I don't remember much of Fuzors personally except that I hated Liger Zero Falcon so much since I thought Phoenix looked cooler
>>
>>13609407
Liger Zero is only good because of CAS.
>>
You are now hearing the Harry Champ theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rX2ba6hPWU

Why was the NCZ soundtrack so good?
>>
File: LOLOL_Liger_Zero.jpg (194KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
LOLOL_Liger_Zero.jpg
194KB, 638x480px
>>13609643
So what you're saying is "It's only good because it has more versatility than most zoids".

Versatility, which allows it to adapt to situations that most other zoids would not be so great at.

Thank for pointing out why it truly is such a great zoid anon. Sorry it didn't pan out the way you wanted it to, but oh well.
>>
File: rd.jpg (17KB, 185x155px) Image search: [Google]
rd.jpg
17KB, 185x155px
>>13609593
I guess what I mean to say is RD is the Zoids equivalent of Seth Rollins' shitty gimmick of being hyped as the best, and then he whines when he has to fight somebody to defend his title.
>>
File: Darkjudge.jpg (29KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Darkjudge.jpg
29KB, 720x576px
>>13609736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iFUtzBT0wk

THIS MUSIC SELECTION HAS NOW BEEN TAKEN OVER BY THE BACKDRAFT GROUP! VOLUME MODE:0999!
>>
>>13609815
yea... it's greatly depend on it's CAS. it's like a handicapped.
>>
File: You-keep-using-that-word.png (230KB, 580x377px) Image search: [Google]
You-keep-using-that-word.png
230KB, 580x377px
>>13609877
>Handicapped
>>
It's been a long time since we got a Zoids series. I want my Class S NCZ.
>>
File: 5457-1585318706.jpg (29KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
5457-1585318706.jpg
29KB, 512x384px
>>13610105
>No NCZ season 2
>No Blitz Team climbing the ranks of Class S
>No new rival that uses the Liger Zero X
>No Vega joining the Blitz Team for funzies

MFW
>>
>>13610287
>Harry Champ somehow ends up in Class S
>even he has no fucking clue how it happened.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.