[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who would win in a fight, Eva Unit 01 or any gundam? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 14

File: battle.png (3MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
battle.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
Who would win in a fight, Eva Unit 01 or any gundam?

I don't know much about gundam, so you guys can pick a good match up.

Conditions:

>Fighting in an abandoned city
>Eva is plugged in and powered, backup plugs available in the city
>Shinji think the gundam is an angel
>Both have a full loadout of what they would usually take on a mission
>Resupply of ammo is available for both units
>Gundam pilot thinks Eva is a space pirate or whatever the hell gundam pilots fight

They seem like a pretty even matchup, but I think the Eva will come out on top, it's just so much more maneuverable and seems larger to an extent. What do you guys think?
>>
-RX-78-2, Ground, Strike, MKII and GP01 would lose

-Alex, GP03, Zeta and ZZ would put up a good fight.

Nu and everything not mentioned would crush it
>>
>>13606037
I agree
>>
>Turn A
RIP Shinji
>>
>>13606037
If Shinji had the F Type Armor, he might be able to win against quite a few Gundams. Impact Bolt is pretty ridiculous.

How powerful is that AT Field anyway? It can block Angels and Angels are strong enough to tank nukes, so could AT fields protect against something like the Raiser Sword?
>>
>>13606037
How are gundams powered? I'm guessing nuclear or something. They'd have a long term advantage over an Eva unless we allow the Eva to go berserk.
>>
>>13605987
is, is this a real post? it feels like 2006 all over again
>>
>>13606163
This.

Devil Gundam could take him pretty easily too. Maybe God Gundam as well.
>>
>>13606260
I don't know, but that background makes me feel comfortable since it's what my grandfather has as his wallpaper.
>>
Evangelion wins because MUH AT-FIELD literal plot armor, going by SRW I'm pretty sure X, Turn A, F91, V2, God and Wing Zero could beat it or put up a good fight.
>>
God Gundam wouldn't have much problems.

Devil Gundam would win and take over the world with the shit it evolved to fight the Eva
>>
File: C3729_04.jpg (26KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
C3729_04.jpg
26KB, 500x364px
>>13605987
Space Gundam V would wreck eva-01
>>
>>13606260

Have you guys seen Love Hina and Chobits?
>>
>>13606327
Nah, Space Gundam V is pretty low tier. Taekwon V would kick Eva 01's ass tho
>>
>>13606252
It reduces like 2000 damage from every hit IIRC
>>
>>13606344
Are you trying to summon Valkyriefags?
>>
File: Turn_A_Gundam.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Turn_A_Gundam.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
It's a copout but this Gundam would win easily.
>>
Are AT Fields literally unbreakable by normal means, or just absurdly hard? It's been a while since I watched Eva.
>>
>>13606037
Why only Alex out of the first gen Gundams?
>>
>>13606376
They broke them with conventional means a few times in the series. Once they did it with what was essentially a nuke, and the other time they did it with a positron cannon. Or a charged particle cannon? Something like that. At any rate, they are very difficult to pierce.
>>
>>13606376
It's possible to break an AT field with regular means, it's just really hard by Evangelion standards. It took the whole of Japan's electrical grid to power up a rifle that could shoot through an AT field. And it all depends on the strength of the angel, as stronger ones have stronger AT fields.

A Gundam could break through regular EVA-01's AT field, but I'm not sure about breaking through Berserk EVA-01 without something like GX-9900's Satellite Cannon.
>>
I'm guessing whoever is piloting the Gundam has a new-type moment with Shinji. And the they decide to fight evil together, or one of them perishes heroically in a pitched battle. Also, their waifus are in danger.
>>
>>13606389
Because it's on the same level as Zeta in terms of raw power.
>>
>>13606415

Yeah but Alex doesn't have the Spooky Ghost Drive (tm)
>>
>>13606390
>>13606397
Right, I forgot about those. Can't we just drop some colonies on Unit-01 and call it a day?
>>
>>13606428
So long as this is the original EVA-01 and not the Rebuild one that should work just fine.
>>
>>13606415
It also got beat by a Zaku piloted by a novice
>>
>>13606423
That's a "muh final attack that I can only use once."
>>
>>13606439
The Rebuild Evas are broken as fuck, but at least they can't dance like they want to win.
>>
>>13606441
who was a "test" pilot
>>
>cut power cord
>wait 5 minutes
>????
>gundam wins
>>
>>13606474
It could be Post-Zeruel EVA-01, though. Then he'd have infinite energy.
>>
>>13606344
Space gundam v killed a demon. That's way more powerful than an angel.
Eva gets wrecked
>>
What if superman fought a gundam tho
>>
Reminder that every beam weapon in SEED is a positron rifle, ie: the thing that beat diamond angel
>>
>>13606563
Reminder that using positron rifles in the atmosphere is impossible unless you want to blow yourself up.
>>
>>13606583
Being blown up hasnt stopped based jesus before
>>
>>13606583
Why does SEED get slammed with the "It's Not Possible!" but Eva's positron rifle get a free pass?
>>
>>13606563
Only the stuff like the Lohengrin and Tannhauser are confirmed to be positron weapons, which are mounted on ships.
Unless its the Blue Frame and its Lohengrin Launcher(Which needs a nuclear reactor to power it?), of course.

The red-white beam that some CE gundams shoot are usually plasma weapons, yellows are probably railguns, and the standard green is unknown, possibly ion if the GINN's early beam cannons are to be believed.
>>
>>13605987
There's so much wrong here I'm not sure what to do. Let's just go with the original Gundam as a model for all Gundams.

It's tiny compared to Unit-01, and I doubt it could really do any damage to the beast, but Amuro could reach a stalemate by cutting the Umbilical Cable and zipping around. Amuro is also psychic, and could likely reach UNDERSTANDING with Shinji by sharing a Newtype trip and talking about their shitty dads.
>>
File: mountain.jpg (64KB, 875x510px) Image search: [Google]
mountain.jpg
64KB, 875x510px
>>13606175
>tank nukes
N2 mines are nuke replacements but it's evident in the show alone that they're nowhere near as powerful as actual nukes.

>>13606397
Said Japan was mostly flooded and evacuated after the world flooded with the 2nd Impact.

Still, it would probably take something like 00R's raiser sword or TSC to pierce an AT-field. Apsalus III might also be able to do despite the fact that it's powered on 3.6MW.
>>
>>13606937
>tiny compared to 01
This can't even be an argument 01's height jumps from like 20m to 300m depending on the episode
>>
>>13606937
Wait so gundams are smaller than Evas? I thought the Gundams were about the same size? Is there a better size comparison picture anywhere?
>>
>>13606960
To be fair, Rx-78-2 could do the same if you watched the show.

>dat animation
>>
File: Eva_scale_rebuild.jpg (142KB, 1000x815px) Image search: [Google]
Eva_scale_rebuild.jpg
142KB, 1000x815px
>>13606960
>>13607016
In the TV series it's based on what looks cool, but official records insist ~80 meters.
>>
File: evaheightcomparison.jpg (298KB, 2216x480px) Image search: [Google]
evaheightcomparison.jpg
298KB, 2216x480px
>>13607016
>>13606960
>>13607044
I also found this digging through Evageeks
>>
Can perfect pack G-selfs photn fairy dust pierce an AT field? It's like mini black hole crystals or some bullshit going from the manual.
>>
File: 1255061569544.jpg (485KB, 1156x992px) Image search: [Google]
1255061569544.jpg
485KB, 1156x992px
>>13607016
They're just regular people sized.
>>
God gundam. DX with the satellite cannon and Wing Zero could break a at field. Unicorn might be able to nullify it with newtype hax.
>>
>>13606175
>How powerful is that AT Field anyway?

Variable based on a number of factors, mostly related to the pilot's Synch Rate.

>>13606958
>Said Japan was mostly flooded and evacuated after the world flooded with the 2nd Impact.

We do get an amount of power used in series though, it's pretty big IIRC.

>>13606960
>>13607016
Eva's sizes are variable somewhat, some things insist 40m but others (including Rebuild, which keeps consistent scale on them) say 80m. Either way, that's WAY bigger than the average 18m Gundam. Hell, I'm pretty sure Psyco's only 35m, so that's bigger than that.
>>
>>13605987
>any gundam?
As long as the pilot has Hotblood/Valour they should easily be able to do the required 4000 damage to pierce the AT Field, yes. The Eva, on the other hand, would have difficulty hitting a well piloted mobile suit without using Strike. But Shinji ought to have Strike so it pretty much comes down to who moves first.
>>
>>13607053
>Feet
What's that in civilised measurements?
>>
File: G-Self_Perfect_Pack_Front.png (101KB, 232x340px) Image search: [Google]
G-Self_Perfect_Pack_Front.png
101KB, 232x340px
I wonder how an AT field would react to photon torpedoes
>>
>>13605987

Eva would annihilate most Gundams. A very few, like the Turn-A, might -- MIGHT -- stand a chance.
>>
>>13606037
>-RX-78-2, Ground, Strike, MKII and GP01 would lose
>-Alex, GP03, Zeta and ZZ would put up a good fight.
>Nu and everything not mentioned would crush it

Completely and utterly wrong.
>>
>>13607053
Shoot the legs and blow its shins off.
>>
File: God_Gundam_-_Front.jpg (57KB, 255x400px) Image search: [Google]
God_Gundam_-_Front.jpg
57KB, 255x400px
>>13605987
God Gundam would rip through an Eva like wet toilet paper.
>>
File: 5 Star European Cuisine.png (3MB, 1268x1199px) Image search: [Google]
5 Star European Cuisine.png
3MB, 1268x1199px
>>13607263
It's already in the most advanced measurement system we have available, anon.

Reminder that all mechs are build in Imperial Units. Imperial Units are the units of conquest, battle, and of course, victory.

Here's a picture of what "yuro" units get you. This is a 1 meter square meal - considered a delicacy that can only be afforded once a year by most yuros!
>>
>>13607280
What if 00 Qan[t] just flies/teleports up to space and spams its fuckhueg sword?
>>
File: 00_Qan(T)_GN_Sword_IV.jpg (344KB, 2171x2215px) Image search: [Google]
00_Qan(T)_GN_Sword_IV.jpg
344KB, 2171x2215px
>Pic related curbstomps
>>
It took two Unicorns with their newtype space wizardry to stop a colony laser.
Can an AT field stop one?
>>
>>13607403
Probably not. Evas are chumps when they're not berserk.
>>
The question isn't whether Gundams could beat regular EVAs, EVAs are the underdogs in their own series outside of handwavy plot bullshit. It's whether Gundams can do anything vs. Angels. They can't.
>>
>>13607277
Considering they are contained antimatter explosions probably poorly if nukes and positrons can pierce them
>>
>>13607383
Yeah, that's nice. I'm not in Europe, a bird shat on those sausages and you spelt metre wrong.
>>
>>13605987
Any Gundam that can fly in the atmosphere would have an advantage, if they're grounded or just have enough thrust to move themselves a little, they'll get murdered and eaten by Shinji's mom.

In order for the Gundam to win (assuming we're putting 2.0 TTGL bullshit aside) it would have to be able to run away and have a gun and any type of force field to slow down Eva 01 while it charges.

So the only Gundam that would defeat Eva-01 surely would be Turn A.

00 Qan[t], Victory 2, Unicorn, God gundam, and maybe, just maybe Nu would have some kind of a chance.

Anything else would be but food for Shiniji's mom.
>>
>>13607302
I'm pretty sure Eva units can tank a nuke, why would a Gundam be able to just shoot it's legs?
>>
>>13606958
> N2 mines are nuke replacements but it's evident in the show alone that they're nowhere near as powerful as actual nukes.

Untrue. They seem to be tactical weapons, in that they hit a smaller area but they hit that area VERY hard. The first episode N2 Mine vs Sachiel turns a mountain into a glassy crater.

/tg/ did the math on it a while back because of their AdEva threads because they were arguing about whether or not N2 mines were antimatter bombs or not. The conclusion was that N2 mines pack the destructive power of high-end thermonuclear weapons to a specific target and everything near it, but are designed to have less collateral damage in terms of area covered and fallout. Still a weapon of mass destruction, just one that is made for fucking up single powerful opponents rather than destroying as much city as posible.
>>
>>13605987
>Who would win in a fight, Eva Unit 01 or any gundam?

An Evangelion is literally immune to the vast majority of weapons available to the Gundam by right of its AT Field. Beam weaponry is just a tiny bit of atomic energy directed into a blast, and AT Fields regularly laugh off nukes. So it would take a hell of a beam weapon to even qualify for the fight.

Which means that, at best, the Gundams can only hope to be as dangerous to the Evas as their normal enemies: the Angels. Evas almost never can facetank what firepower the Angels throw around, so their entire defensive strategy is based around dodgetanking instead.

Ironically, the most powerful Gundams (shit like Turn A and the teleporting 00) are basically just weaker versions of Angels. Teleporting self repairing enemy? Been there before, at least this time you didn't come with a mindrape package. Nanomachines? Been there, done that. Call me when you are literally a universe trying to eat me.
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 265x190px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 265x190px
>>13605987
>Eva is plugged in and powered, backup plugs available in the city
What to do, what to do...
>>
>>13608701

I don't think the Gundam wants to get anywhere near the Evas umbilicals. given relative sizes, I am pretty sure that if the Eva moves at the wrong time the umbilical cable can sideswipe the Gundam and knock a limb clean off. That umbilical cable is as big around as the Gundam's entire torso.
>>
File: 1434327256747.jpg (264KB, 1600x941px) Image search: [Google]
1434327256747.jpg
264KB, 1600x941px
>>13605987
>>13606494
>Eva Unit 01 or any gundam
>It could be Post-Zeruel EVA-01, though. Then he'd have infinite energy.
>I think the Eva will come out on top
>it's just so much more maneuverable

I lol'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7fLOQXlPmE#t=22m15s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmX6NstOzV4#t=19m8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_R7TREqObM#t=19m37s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4w_xzlM29g
>>
>>13608852

Oh, so video game fanfiction Gundams qualify too? That changes things significant;y, since the AU versions of Eva Unit 01 are basically gods.
>>
>>13608852
is this a false flag against build babbies?
I can't even tell
>>
>>13608852
Those are toys, anon.
>>
How come I can't connect to the site when I open a new thread? I keep seeing new replies in the archives and catalogs but it says the site is offline when I open a thread I didn't already have up. The only reason I'm able to see this one a all is because I already had it open before it started.
>>
>>13609522
I had the same issue for most of the previous hour. It just went back to normal. Happened yesterday as well. Don't know if Hiro is tinkering, or someone is trying to attack the site. It's annoying AF though.
>>
File: 1423798186567.jpg (202KB, 1200x810px) Image search: [Google]
1423798186567.jpg
202KB, 1200x810px
>>13608955
>implying G Gundams can't punch out God

Silly anon, it's literally impossible to defeat Gundams powered by NIPPON STRONK.

>>13609532
Hiro is adding malware ads and configuring the site to steal our data.

Nobody really gives a fuck though.
>>
>>13608955
>gods
There are no gods, only God Gundam.
>>
>>13605987
Any gundam with some type of special systems would be able to put up a good fight or even beat it,all Eva's really have on gundams are At fields which are really just some type of beam/energy shield and berseker mode.
While the eva's may seem more agile remember they have power chords and gundams don't in addition most gundams are capable of flight so that alone gives them a pretty high advantage.
there's also remote funnel weapons which provide a huge advantage in range.
If I were to choose one for a more entertaining fight I would have to go with the V2 against Unit-1
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.