[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the most awful/disappointing fight you can think of in Mecha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: Nadesico_Prince_of_Darkness.png (539KB, 851x477px) Image search: [Google]
Nadesico_Prince_of_Darkness.png
539KB, 851x477px
What the most awful/disappointing fight you can think of in Mecha history?

My vote goes to this one.
>>
I actually don't remember how this went down.

Did he charge into him and punch him or something? All I remember is the Black Selena falling apart and revealing his pink Aesti was inside it all along.
>>
First one that came to mind.
>>
>>13596482
>Did he charge into him and punch him or something?
That's just it.

That's JUST it.

This guy was the big bad of the movie. Akito's allies had just taken on the role of fighting all the henchmen themselves to let Akito challenge him. They stare each other down like in the pic. They charge at each other. They throw a punch.

That's it, fight's over.

Movie ends within 3 minutes.
>>
>>13596498
whats wrong with GEKIGAN PUNCH?
>>
>>13596478
If you hadn't posted that, OP, then I would have.
>>
Awful stock footage fest.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (980KB, 3087x2264px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
980KB, 3087x2264px
>>13596514
forgot pic.
>>
>>13596508
The lack of a climax between the build up and falling action.
>>
>>13596478
So in this thread we're free to judge things by their fights instead of plots? great thread
>>
>>13596518
It's simply a reference to gekiganger episode 202.
>>
Whatever is you want to call that happened in Gundam SEED Destiny.
I think Athrun's battle was the only one with any relative new footage, all of Rey vs Kira was stock footage. I mean, I've seen bad shows, and shows with battles that are fucking nothing, but I don't think I've ever been more let down by the climax of a series. SEED's original ending looks like a masterpiece in comparison, and I wish I was joking.

Even with how it looks, it might have been effective if there was even a bit of dialogue that was meaningful in it.
>>
Gundam X's final battle. Really? Just a beam cross-counter and that's it? I was hoping for something more thrilling to make up for how boring the rest of the show was.
>>
>>13596529
They must of felt the same since they redid the ending with the Final Plus. Only a slight improvement though.
>>
>>13596542
The series run got cut short. Wouldn't be surprised if the production team stopped caring after this.
>>
>>13596543
Final Plus was something that HAD to happen. The series didn't have an ending, for fuck's sake.
>>
The first time Dacnouga Gattai'd after like 10 episodes and that hype as fuck music.
>blocky as fuck
>kills the guy in a single shitty punch
>>
>>13596493
Del toro sucks making fight scenes
>>
>>13596753

I don't know, I liked Blade 2.
>>
>>13596746
Well it's not like they had much budget to work with. And they made up for it, and then some, with the OVAs.
>>
Neo Zeong vs Unicorn and Banshee Norn
Built up this XBOXHUEG battle about to go down and somewhat redeem the shitfest of episode 7, but it turned out to be the final, anticlimatic, Newtype magic acid trip nail in the coffin.
>>
File: MS-18E(KAMPFER)_front.jpg (1MB, 1938x2929px) Image search: [Google]
MS-18E(KAMPFER)_front.jpg
1MB, 1938x2929px
>>13596478
i wanted him to win ;_;
>>
>>13596753
Pacific Rim is by far his worst shot and directed movie. Crimson Peak has a better climactic fight than anything in Pacific Rim and it's a fucking Gothic Victorian romance film.
>>
>nobody's posted God Getter yet
>>
>>13596877

To be fair it is harder to frame a CG giant robot fight than it is Ron Pearlman in make up
>>
The fight against The O in Zeta Gundam. All the Zetafags on this board were hyping it up but it was boring like the rest of the series.
>>
From my limited experience, GP03 vs Gato's mobile armor thing at the end of 0083

>SCREAMING
>MORE SCREAMING
>RIP OFF ARMS
>CUDDLE TIME

>FADE TO WHITE FROM SOLAR SYSTEM

You call that a final duel?
>>
File: 7.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>13596478
>awful
Pretty much every single fight in God Mars, christ that show is full of shit.

>disappointing
Diebuster's last battle. New giant space monster appears with little to no buildup, Nono appears as Diebuster with no buildup whatsoever and promptly gets her ass kicked. Lark rushes through character development and evolves Dix Neuf into Buster Machine 19 within minutes and then does the same thing for Nono before they double lightning kick the monster into nothing without much of a real fight.

All the fights in Diebuster were pretty boring. You'd think they'd be able to make something awesome out of Dix Neuf throwing Jupiter around, but it just did not deliver on the hype factor like it was clearly wanting to.
>>
File: 4.jpg (90KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
90KB, 960x720px
>>13598301
I felt shame just for not closing the player as soon as Kamille turned into a super saiyan
>>
>>13596498
what's wrong with one punch man?
>>
>>13598334
You felt shame for watching an extra 3-5 minutes?
Did you get shit from your parents if you came home with a B or something?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.