[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did they recover the Nu after Axis got pushed back in the anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: Nn.png (109KB, 425x304px) Image search: [Google]
Nn.png
109KB, 425x304px
Did they recover the Nu after Axis got pushed back in the anime continuity? If so, is it sitting in the same hangar as the Zeta, or did they do something useful with it?
>>
Was there even anything left to recover?
>>
>>13590196
I mean, in the novels, Amuro and Char got invoked pretty hard, but the cockpits were intact.
>>
>>13590192
The Nu was pretty much destroyed and was basically a decent suit with a psychoframe sellotaped on anyway

What did happen to the original Zeta though?
>>
>>13590215
Put into storage, never heard from again.
>>
The design probably wouldn't have been much less effective than the Unicorn if they installed the NT-D system and associated hardware.
>>
isn't nu a space orientated mobile suit so isn't it kinda limiting when compared to the original gundam and zeta which could be used in space and earth
>>
>>13590301
It's at its best in space, but I think it's just the Nightingale that plain old can't work anywhere else.
>>
>>13590305
I see I see
funnels can't work in earth or places with gravity?
>>
>>13590318
They CAN they're just not AS accurate nor can they operate for as long.
>>
>>13590318
>funnels can't work in earth or places with gravity?

They can. ZZ shows this.

>>13590330

Puru was pretty accurate with them regardless. Dodging beams and using them as shields to block beams from hitting the Qubeley.
>>
>>13590215
>>13590225
Wasn't FA ZZ the only suit that returned to Nahel Argama after that Quin Mantha fight, leaving damaged Mk.II and Zeta behind?
Did they recover those suits later or what?
>>
>>13590339
>They can. ZZ shows this.
That was occult newtype psycho shit like Unicorn's shields. They're can't work under gravity by themselves. Mentioned in Unicorn's novels.

>>13590214
The Sazabi's cockpit is at least confirmed to have been recovered (in Unicorn), it's what they extracted Char's memories from to make Full Frontal.

The cockpit was empty because newtype bullshit.
>>
>>13590924
Sounds like some shit they'd address in a side story.
>>
>>13590924
Mk. II just kinda disappears for the most part. There's been apocrypha like Evolve that seemed to hint at Zeta being Roux's suit even post-ZZ, but very little has been done in general with tying to ZZ's loose ends, Marida aside.
>>
>>13590192
Am I the only one annoyed that Amuro didn't get more references in Unicorn aside from the photo in Bright's office? I mean, everyone's wanking off to Char and Neo Zeon even dolls up some random asshole to become Fake Char, but Amuro, the guy who helped save the motherfucking Earth, isn't even mentioned by name once? What fucking bullshit.
>>
>>13590944
>Mentioned in Unicorn's novels.
Anon...you're not trying to imply that novels are more canon than animation, are you?
Because that's a paddlin'.
>>
>>13591022
But saving the earth wasn't a good thing. All he did was doom humanity in the long run.
>>
>>13591075
Nanai, please.
>>
>>13591022
Much of Char Aznable was a sort of facade that Char presented in contrast to the depressingly insecure individual he really was, and by Unicorn he's been raised into a sort of mythological status, sort of like how he's perceived by fans in the Gundam franchise as a whole. The concept of "Char Aznable" is actually far removed from the original Char, which is something that Full Frontal brings up as proof that he actually can be Char as an ideal, even if he isn't the actual Char.

Amuro, on the other hand, was mostly low-key and didn't embrace fame. He fought not out of grand ideals or egotism but because he wanted himself and his friends to be able to live life in peace. Because he wasn't a larger-than-life personality like Char, he's remembered as an everyday guy rather than some sort of demigod.
>>
>>13591022
Whose name/legend more readily springs to mind? Osama, or the guys that shot Osama? Billy the Kid, or Pat Garret? The Red Baron, or Roy Brown?
>>
>>13591047
Unicorn makes even less sense without the novels.
>>
>>13590924
idk about mkII but zeta is in storage on mars
>>
File: reinhard.jpg (123KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
reinhard.jpg
123KB, 400x300px
YOU BELONG TO ME
>>
>>13591186
>>13591182
>Voiced by the same guy as Kou Urakek
>>
>>13591182
I BELONG TO YOU.
>>
>>13591182
>>13591192
WE BELONG TO No one but ourselves, steering history in the course away from those degenerate nobles and toppling the Goldembaum Dynasty.
>>
>>13591047
everytime you see funnels used under gravity in unicorn they have to compensate for the weight and take a while longer to aim as seen in episode 1.
In episode 4 the shamblo has shield funnels but those use rotors instead of verniers in order to function on earth.
And notice most other gundam series never show funnels beung used on earth. In seed destiny the freedom can't deploy them and the legend counters that by having funnels that can move on its backpack.
>>
>>13591022
What? Did you expect the Earth Federation to give publicity to anything related to Newtypes or to make public that Amuro saved the earth using understanding?

It would undermine their own stance on Newtypes and raise questions as to the valditiy of Zeon claims to independence.
>>
>>13590944
Marida uses funnels inside of a colony in Unicorn 1.
>>
>>13591133
Yeah but even then Amuro obviously had fame. By Zeta he was known as the famous pilot of the White Devil and (perhaps more importantly to the discussion at hand) as the rival of Char Aznable. By Char's Counterattack he was the ace of Londo Bell, a personal friend of Bright's, the pilot of the Nu Gundam, hell even Quess specifically looked for him. He's no Char, but the person who had a one-on-one duel with Char Aznable atop the falling Axis is sure to become legend, especially if they were ALREADY regarded as a war hero.
>>
>>13591010
Good lord this upsets me; The Mk II is my all-time favorite Gundam.

>>13591022
I think the photo in Bright's office speaks volumes about what he thinks of Amuro. In a world where both "sides" are obsessed with propaganda and controlling their respective messages/images to the public, something which Bright and other veterans of the OYW were were keenly aware of, keeping a very personal picture as a memorial to the motherfucker who saved the whole world is rad as fuck. Bright's a fucking bro.
>>
File: 1437229247510.jpg (50KB, 555x610px) Image search: [Google]
1437229247510.jpg
50KB, 555x610px
>>13592138
I think he just really liked this tweet

How did he even get that picture? Either Quess or Hathaway got out the car and took the picture or he took a random selfie and Bright got it some how
>>
>>13590192

how come they never mass produced the Nu?
dumb feddies just don't want to win
>>
File: img000041.jpg (714KB, 1100x1600px) Image search: [Google]
img000041.jpg
714KB, 1100x1600px
>>13592138
The lack of bro moments between Bright and Amuro in Zeta (Did they even meet in Zeta?) & CCA just becomes painfully apparent when you read Beltorchika's Children in comparison.
>>
>>13592197
>that fucking beard
I've seen it many times, and it never fails to be cool as hell.
>>
File: latest-16.jpg (265KB, 418x873px) Image search: [Google]
latest-16.jpg
265KB, 418x873px
>>13592190
Because they don't have a bunch of newtypes sitting around to pilot them. And they tried. It was built with the option for INCOMs for oldtypes to replace the funnels. The idea was scrapped because they weren't cost effective in any way.
>>
>>13592180
I actually have a huge boner for that kind of natural/candid photography. Love that shit.

>>13592197
I believe Amuro met up with Mirai, but never ran into Bright (on-screen, anyway.) Still though, those dudes could barely stand each other through the majority of the OYW; CCA made me pleased as fuck to see them so at ease.
>>
Nu was designed as Amuro's personal suit from the ground up, no one else would be as effective in it.

Also, hero units don't win wars. That's what Zaku/GM spam is for.
>>
>>13590924

Supposedly something somewhere says that they recovered Zeta and MK2 and along with ZZ and Hyaku Shiki, stashed them away somewhere incase the Federation got all Titany again and they needed to take the fight back to them.

That never happens so they're left alone. That could also be completely made up btw.
>>
>>13594332
>Walking war museum

Look what happened to the Zeek Remmies.
>>
>>13591889
In side a colony when you're near it's axis you are still basically weightless, think of the scene from Babylon 5 when Sheridan jumped from the train car. Inside a colony the funnels could be used until they eventually crash down on the inside of the colony inside walls. So you'd have a short time limit on their use.
>>
>>13591889
Puru also uses the Qubeley's inside a colony in ZZ.
>>
Funnels probably burn through tons more monopropellant when they're weighed down by gravity.
>>
>>13590944
Puru uses the funnels during reentry to shoot off one of the Qubeley-II's arm binders because it was too big for the Zeta's waverider form to cover. Although that might've only been feasible because they were in reentry.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.