[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this Tomino's best show? It's on par with Ideon,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 12

File: Show Pacifism.png (899KB, 1172x877px) Image search: [Google]
Show Pacifism.png
899KB, 1172x877px
Was this Tomino's best show? It's on par with Ideon, if not a little more charming.

I didn't realise he could be so aggressive when current-day countries are still on the gameboard.
>>
File: Xabungle.jpg (60KB, 593x700px) Image search: [Google]
Xabungle.jpg
60KB, 593x700px
>Was this Tomino's best show?
No, that would be Xabungle. Dunbine is still pretty enjoyable.
>>
Best non-Gundam for me. His best for me is either 0079, Zeta, or Turn A.
>>
First Gundam or Z Gundam's first half
>>
>>13585210

I was really digging the first 2/3 of it, but once the action moves to Earth it falls to shit real fast. There's nothing left to do at that point except have the final battle, but they've still got tons of episodes to fill, so it's just a long string of:

>OK, guys. It's time. We're launching an all-out-attack to finish this once and for all!
>Oh shit, they have weapons! Fall back, we'll finish this once and for all tomorrow!

God I just wanted everyone to die after about twenty episodes of that. Thankfully...
>>
File: mpv-shot0186.jpg (109KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0186.jpg
109KB, 960x720px
>>13585231
>Zeta
>>
>>13585210
I like Xabungle and 0079 more
>>
Ideon's his best for me
>>
File: blex in bed.png (440KB, 919x721px) Image search: [Google]
blex in bed.png
440KB, 919x721px
>>13585899
>>
>>13585240
The show did have a lot of "My Battler took some minor damage to the foot, time to withdraw!", for just about the entire thing. But things did happen in the final part. The main problem was that neither side was able to land a decisive blow on each other, so they kept attacking and retreating. Didn't help that it was often the good guys who'd get fucked and retreat. But there was plenty of stuff there with liberal use of Nukes against those of Byston Well, alliances or otherwise with Earth countries, and things of that nature. It felt just as eventful as the first half, to me.
>>
>>13585210
Tomino has no best show

the guy is an overrated hack
>>
>>13585210
No.

It's actually one of Tomino's weakest.
>>
File: 1[1].jpg (98KB, 400x465px) Image search: [Google]
1[1].jpg
98KB, 400x465px
What's the consensus on Overman? I was thinking of checking it out.
>>
>>13585238
Do you mark the second half as being when Haman arrived? Because Mouar's death was one of the things that, when rewatching Zeta, was pretty shitty.

>>13585932
I loved the shit out of Ideon, but I wasn't expecting to like it nor Dunbine before I actually sat down and watched them. Unlike Zeta's plethora of underdeveloped characters, both of them did a good job within their runs.

Also, did you see any resemblances between Ideon and Zeta? They seem more related than 0079 and Ideon, imho.
>>
>>13585231
>Turn A
What the fuck?
>>
File: overman king gainer.png (480KB, 498x580px) Image search: [Google]
overman king gainer.png
480KB, 498x580px
>>13588458
it's good watch it nig
>>
>>13588881

What what the fuck? Did you just not know what that is? Or are you really that shocked that someone could like a show that a good few people on /m/ like? It's my personal favorite Tomino show along with Xabungle.
>>
>>13588919
Yeah, I don't understand what there really is to like there.
>>
>>13588926

I like the slow pace and focus on character interactions. I like that the story is mostly about stopping a war from starting and not about stopping a war in progress. I like the characters, the music, the mechanical designs and the character designs. I like the pastoral setting and color palette. I like that there's not a fight every episode just to have a fight and that the fights that are there are normally pretty quick and not particularly flashy a lot of the time. I like the backstory and the horror of the moonlight butterfly and how that's contrasted to how pedestrian the titular mech is often portrayed as: being used to ferry cows, hang laundry and fix bridges.

I could go on, but basically the show ticks a lot of the right boxes for me. It's one of my favorite shows of any kind ever. It's not perfect and I can totally see how someone would dislike it, but it works for me.
>>
>>13588949
Fair enough. I'd personally give it a 6/10, but then, I'm the kind of glutton for punishment who likes Unicorn and SEED.
>>
>>13587814
>>13588253
>samefag
>>
>>13588952
>Glutton for punishment
Just admit you have shit taste
>>
File: dunbine kiss.png (126KB, 834x627px) Image search: [Google]
dunbine kiss.png
126KB, 834x627px
>>13585210
>Was this Tomino's best show? It's on par with Ideon, if not a little more charming.
Pretty much, I enjoyed Byston Well with it's landscape like that one forest with the huge mushrooms or boneless mountain .etc
>>
>>13585210
Best Kill Em All Tomino (Gundam): Z Gundam
Best Kill Em All Tomino (Non-Gundam): Dunbine
Best Happy Tomino (Gundam): Turn A
Best Happy Tomino (Non-Gundam): Xabungle

Be Invoked is the best anime finale I've ever seen, however...
>>
>>13588952
>I'd personally give it a 6/10
For me, I'll personally give it more than that; a solid 8.5/10 if I'd say. That said, I was never much of a fan of ratings systems in general so I'll actually say that it's a pretty good series in my eyes.
>>
>>13588458
King Gai er is glorious.

As for other Tomino shows, I really dig L-Gaim. Brain Powerd was a noble effort but they failed in execution. Zambot 3 was kinda fun how it pokes at how utterly insane a super robot setting is.
>>
>>13588458
everyone are so damn likeable in this show, even the villains.

>dat Kids Munts vs Asuham barehanded fight

jesus christ how awesome
>>
File: sheryll.png (181KB, 450x356px) Image search: [Google]
sheryll.png
181KB, 450x356px
>>13589010
>(You)
>>
>>13589519
sorry anon, I like tomino
>>
>>13585210
Really loved Dunbine until they returned to Earth. After that point the show seems to drag all the time by throwing padding fights all the time.
>>
File: Ganesha.png (709KB, 950x714px) Image search: [Google]
Ganesha.png
709KB, 950x714px
>>13589540
The number of wasted military hardware was infuriating.

I especially hate the episode where [/spoiler]the Russian government just throws nuke after nuke at them, but doesn't really accomplish much because of magic Byston Barriers.[/spoiler] What the fuck is the point of continuing the attack? It seemed like they didn't have much else to write about for the episode.

The best part of the second arc on Earth is when they're in India. Made me laugh; made me laugh more.

>Select all images with wheelchairs
>>
>>13589611
>number
*amount
>>
I liked it OP, even though I wasn't expecting kill'em all Tomino to show up at the end but that was my fault.

Was their anything else I should watch to make more sense of the ending or should I just leave it with that?
>>
File: 1436643364533.jpg (486KB, 1998x1267px) Image search: [Google]
1436643364533.jpg
486KB, 1998x1267px
>>13591209
If anything Dunbine's ending hit me harder because I wasn't expecting it.
>>
File: 1436643750864.jpg (2MB, 3500x2477px) Image search: [Google]
1436643750864.jpg
2MB, 3500x2477px
>>13589611
>The best part of the second arc on Earth is when they're in India. Made me laugh; made me laugh more.
In general, once the fight got to earth Dunbine got way more interesting.
>>
>>13588655
2nd part of Zeta wasn't totally shitty, I didn't admit it, especially if we consider Haman's arrival scene or Operation Maelstrom, but many elements didn't well-connected overall athmosphere of Zeta. Animations was fell than leven on first half too. Same goes for duels. Until to Operation Maelstrom, all duels weren't reach first half's level. If we consider Kamille, we were seen his entire motives and character at first half, second half wasn't a development for him if we'rent talk about his power-level. Katz and Fa's terrible piloting, Shinta and Qum's annoying scenes, not backgrounded characters such as Gates and even ruining of Rosamia... Zeta was a masterpiece, I can't argue it, but sometimes I think it could be better.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.