[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what the hell is up with this guy? He's the best pilot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: tumblr_lpgdmukbYm1ql004jo1_500.jpg (46KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lpgdmukbYm1ql004jo1_500.jpg
46KB, 500x375px
So what the hell is up with this guy? He's the best pilot across both the Macross and Gundam universes but I don't think we know much about him. Where's he from? What nationality is he? What was he doing before he joined the military? Why did he end up on the island before it got teleported into space?
>>
Max does not exist in Gundam, you mungo.
>>
>>13584058
>He's the best pilot across both the Macross and Gundam universes
WHY DO YOU AUTISTS KEEP PITTING HIM AGAINST GUNDAM
I SWEAR TO GOD
>>
You know, I never really got the impression from his flying that Max was even that good. Most of his "skill" just seems to be based on what people say about him rather than what he's shown to do.
>>
>>13584073
You definitely see him smoking assloads of Zentradi throughout the original series and bailing Hikaru's ass out multiple times. There's also the whole dueling the enemy ace and beating her ass so bad he got to claim her as his own like an ancient barbarian conqueror
>>
>>13584062
Macross and Gundam are two very related franchises as well as probably being the ones with the largest fanbases on /m/. Also, calm down nerd.
>>
>>13584073
They ake it a point to show how amazing a pilot ax is in Do You Remember Love?.
>>
>>13584062
Gundam is all they know.
>>
File: Max VS Milia.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Max VS Milia.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>13584073
>very first sortie he shows up his squad leader
>rescues everyone by stealing a zentradi uniform over his VF and going solid snake
>defeats the top female ace of the zentradis twice
>marries her
>goes on to be the captain of a macross
>still bad ass enough to wreck shit in a VF while still in his 40s
>>
>>13584058
Max is what happens when all of /m/ fuse into one being.
>>
File: c101_2.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
c101_2.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>13584186
I hope you don't mean /m/'s userbase, because that would be pic related.
>>
>>13584144

>40s

Consider that 7 is around 36 years after the beginning of Macross, Max should be in this early 50s by then

>>13584194

>/m/'s userbase fused as Gai
>He dies early on

Gee, why am I not surprised and then /m/ userbase will also attempt to use SRW games to deflect his demise
>>
>>13584073
When the forces of Macross 7 got stuck when trying to break through to Gepelnitch's cave, he got into a VF, flew through the hordes of enemies alone while killing everything, then flew into the cave, dropped the nuke, accomplishing the mission objective, and got out.

And he did all that while spending god knows how long on the captain's chair, not having a VF to fly at all until the VF-22, and that was his first time flying the VF-22.
>>
>>13584211
Well if we're going to bring up SRW then we would definitely be Ryusei
>>
>>13584087
>Macross and Gundam are two very related franchises
The fuck?
>>
File: nuh.gif (517KB, 147x162px) Image search: [Google]
nuh.gif
517KB, 147x162px
>>13584073
>You know, I never really got the impression from his flying that Max was even that good.
>>
Bishounen should be mysterious to a degree.
>>
Did they ever explain how he got gud or is he just a jenius?
>>
>>13584356
Well, in the big picture they are, but their power levels are very different, so that guy is a fag.
>>
>>13584396
he played a lot of video games. It's the old video games were actually military training simulators thing and max was an autistic nerd that got high scores all day long and it translated perfectly into actual VF piloting
>>
>>13584058
Only thing we know for sure is he's christian, probably catholic. Possibly northern European lineage.

But where he comes from doesn't really matter. It's what he does that matters. Bastard is practically responsible for the mass defection of Zentraedi just because he put the moves on Millia. It's kind of funny how Hikaru played key parts but really was outshone by the people around him.

In another series, Max would be a Dominant or a Demon Lord.
>>
>>13584499
Ah the good ol Ryusei method
>>
>>13584073
Did you even fucking watch the shows?
>>
>>13584499
>>13584599
The Ryusei method never fails.

Remember kids, play video games. One day it might save your life.
>>
>>13584706
literally EVERY time i have to cross a multi-lane road I thank all those hours i spent playing Frogger back in the day.
i've never been killed once irl.
>>
>>13584726
Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode
>>
>>13584516
>It's kind of funny how Hikaru played key parts but really was outshone by the people around him.
The fans often don't get credit to SDF Macross's ballsy moves. They tend to oversimplified everything with lol idols
>>
>>13585120
Well technically he did the Idoru Attack Run which sorta did stuff I guess
>>
>>13584221

> Max folds meters from the rocky surface, then proceeds to fuck shit up, drop a nuke and get the fuck out all while going at MAX speed the whole time.

I can imagine soloing every single mission from Area88.
>>
>>13584058
If you want Max's backstory, play Ace Combat 4.
>>
>>13584516
How can people still refer to us Irishmen as potato niggers even though >we have the Kennedys, Yeats, Joyce, Seamus Heaney, and Max?
>>
>>13587937
>the Kennedys
You mean a family who got rich smuggling booze across the river from Canada and who only ever produced two human beings of worth, both of whom were killed rather young?
>>
>>13586729
> Max folds meters from the rocky surface, then proceeds to fuck shit up, drop a nuke and get the fuck out all while going at MAX speed the whole time.
You forgot this
>That defold was most probably his first experience of using a fold booster on a VF
>And he fucking nailed a planetside defold without tumbling and crashing on his FIRST try, in a VF that he's flying for the first time

>While Basara did the same in The Galaxy is Calling Me! and he tumbled upon defold and crashlanded
>>
>>13584221
>>13588015

>Max got out

He actually stayed in the cave to fend off enemy VFs to ensure the reaction warhead detonates while Basara and Mylene got in during the commotion, and then Gepelnitch went "lol nope" and folded the warhead away to the small carrier Max used to get close to the planet

Aside from that the rest of your point still stands
>>
File: Videogames.jpg (81KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
Videogames.jpg
81KB, 750x600px
>>13584706
>>
>>13588905
So basically Max is the kid from Last Starfighter
>>
We can all agree Max was the real winner in Macross, right?
>>
>>13589079
Max's had a great life; Easily being the most talented pilot, crossing the culture gap to marry Milia, having and adopting a boatload of daughters, becoming a captain of a New Macross class ship, and being the coolest and hansomest guy while doing so.

But in terms of reaching and achieving goals, I'd say Basara wins out. He moved the mountain, man. The galaxy was calling and he answered. The level of content he showed at the end of Dynamite after the space whales listened to his song is pure bliss.
>>
>>13589218
>having and adopting a boatload of daughters
> you will never marry into the Jenus family, have a 10/10 wife and have some drinks with Max
>>
>>13589218
I thought Max and Milla either got divorced or separated. It didn't look like their relationship was that great in 7.
>>
>>13590631
There's an entire episode about them getting back together or reigniting the passion. Also, if the Frontier novels are anything to go by they at least seem to be on good terms.
>>
>>13590644
Oh okay. It's been a long time since I've seen 7. I remembered that they didn't seem to have the best relationship during it, and that they appeared on the rocks. Good to know things were getting better for them.
>>
File: 1340169162802.gif (858KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1340169162802.gif
858KB, 640x480px
>>13584083
this
>>
>>13590696
Yeah, they were just in a rough patch due to the demands of their jobs bringing them into conflict.
>>
File: Max's plan 3.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Max's plan 3.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>13584062
Amuro could never pull off this shit.
>>
>>13591029
And he did that shit using a stick, throttle, and two pedals.
That's fucking IMPRESSIVE.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.