[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wouldn't Judau properly maintain the ZZ/get his hands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: Gump2.jpg (45KB, 310x400px) Image search: [Google]
Gump2.jpg
45KB, 310x400px
Why wouldn't Judau properly maintain the ZZ/get his hands on a mobile suit that wasn't 60 years old if he had the industrial base of an entire colony at his disposal?
>>
Who's to say that the Gump isn't a major upgrade to the ZZ designed to look like a pile of trash to lull the opponent into a false sense of security?
>>
>>13583380
Because its a price of shit that from what I remember pretty much died after firing the high mega cannon once.
>>
>>13583362
I wish Crossbones got some decent art.
>>
>>13583395
Yeah, it couldn't do much more than light up the battlefield, and even that made the reactor overload.
>>
>>13583362
>Why wouldn't Judau properly maintain the ZZ/get his hands on a mobile suit that wasn't 60 years old if he had the industrial base of an entire colony at his disposal?

Maybe he just couldn't afford it.
>>
>>13583362
Because Crossbone is a story ADAPTED by Hasegawa and everything after that is his ORIGINAL STORY DONUT STEAL fanfic
>>
>>13583362
Where exactly is he going to get parts for it? I doubt there are any spare ZZ or similarly compatible parts floating through space.
>>
The ZZ was a prototype machine. Where was he supposed to even find proper replacement parts for something who's parts are that rare and unique without paying out massive amounts to AE? Nigger-rigging it with random MS parts was probably the best he could do.
>>
>>13583397
I wish people like you didn't exist
>>
>>13583362
Going through ZZ Gundam now, it's a shame that the ZZ ends up like that.
>>
>>13584180
Hey I mean it's better than a lot of prototype MS, getting either eternally mothballed or entirely destroyed

The ZZ sees use into the 150s, and that's really pretty impressive
>>
>>13584130
Do they not have machine shops in Gundam? Seems like you'd want a way to create replacement parts for your giant robots on-demand instead of ordering them from Mechstop.
>>
File: MSZ009M_MegaZeta_-_Front_View.jpg (132KB, 351x486px) Image search: [Google]
MSZ009M_MegaZeta_-_Front_View.jpg
132KB, 351x486px
The MS beneath all the Gump-junk could conceivably be the MSZ-009M MegaZeta that Judau piloted with Amuro in that "Mobile Suit vs Giant God of Legend: Gigantis' Counterattack" manga... I say that especially because of the look of the lower leg (knee and downwards).
>>
>>13584167
I wish people like you got a life.
>>
>>13584187

Maybe Judau couldn't afford complete restoration, and had to go with whatever junk he could afford. Sorta back to his Shangri-La roots...
>>
>>13584167
Oh no, someone on the internet has an opinion different than me. Cry me a river.
>>
>>13584203
You're the one upset that comics don't randomly change artstyles whenever you want them to
>>
>>13584209
I actually don't read comics. This was more about how someone can be upset simply because someone has a different opinion than them.
>>
>>13584219
It's not a matter of opinions though, nobody is going to go back and remake Crossbone with a different style just to shut up loud people on /m/, that's just the fact of how things are
>>
File: zz.jpg (328KB, 691x1058px) Image search: [Google]
zz.jpg
328KB, 691x1058px
Nobody's going to have spare parts lying around for a experimental prototype suit and if they do, they're not going to sell it to a civilian junker even if he was the pilot.

He kept it around probably because the ZZ was the suit that protected his life during the Neo Zeon conflict
>>
>>13584198
Judau was loaded when he had the Gump. He had a number of V2s and V-dashes stationed in his colony.
He probably just kept the ZZ that way because of how it unassuming it was.
>>
Because rule of cool
And if you dont think a MacGyver'd Junk Gundam is cool as hell then you have shitty kiddy taste in aesthetics and need to watch Mad Max
>>
>>13584225
Except it is just a matter of opinions. One anon doesn't like the art style in Crossbone and another anon wished that people with opinion didn't exist. People have different opinions, that's just a matter of life.
>>
>>13584288
*that opinion
>>
>>13584195
isnt the megazeta suppose to be FUCK huge?
>>
>>13584368
No. It's normal sized.
>>
>>13583362
Why is Hitmonlee a mobile suit?
>>
>>13584407
Could you imagine different pokemon that transformed into mobile suits during a battle?
>>
>>13584391
With psycommu rocket punches
>>
File: PsycommuRocketPunches.jpg (612KB, 1446x1050px) Image search: [Google]
PsycommuRocketPunches.jpg
612KB, 1446x1050px
>>13584421
>>
>>13583362
Just be glad that ZZ is no longer canon which retroactively makes this monstrosity non canon as well.
>>
>>13584551
>ZZ is no longer canon
Did I just time travel back to 2011 or something?
>>
>>13584574
You'd have to travel to 2005 if you want ZZ to be canon still.
>>
>>13584551
Put your trip back on, Black Knight
>>
>>13584551
>canon

Thinking there is such a thing as canon in Japan. Ha ha ha... poor fools.
>>
>>13583362
I really wish this it were in victory Gundam.
It was really short yet touching story that summerizes late -UC well.
>>
>>13583485
>>13584130
>>13584187
>>13584235
For everyone who didn't read the manga:
The Dandelion (Judau's ship, made from two colonies connected end-to-end) had hundreds of mobile suits in it up to and including V2.

Furthermore, spare parts did exist for the ZZ, as seen by Leina sending Judau a replacement Bottom Part in his Gundam Evolve short. Not to mention whatever parts from the FAZZ (the non-transformable test bed for Full Armor ZZ's weapons) and MP ZZ which might be usable. And just to make things extra-silly, also remember that Barbatos is over 300 years old and the mafia is giving it a tune-up. And, iirc, several of the Mooninites MS in Turn A were a couple of centuries old as well (not even counting the MS-05).
>>
>>13583380
The Tem Ray Circuit of Mobile Suits
>>
>>13588978

> The Dandelion

That never sat right with me. I don't like the idea that Judau was able to jury-rig a generation ship, even in a low-level way and just leave the solar system because the level of technology involved is just beyond what we see of at any point in UC. It's implied by Turn-A, but it's implied as something that happened long after even Victory and with technology beyond them. The fact he happened to have a V2 on the Dandelion as well is just another little bit of bullshit.

> Spare parts did exist for the ZZ

I don't know if the Evolve shorts are considered official since they're animated but the FAZZ and MP ZZ are almost certainly not considered official - as are most likely the side-stories involving Judau's Gump in the first place. The Barbatos and Moonrace technology are also not only AU's but involve different economic factors like shared frame technology and society resetting due to massive apocalyptic wars. The Moonrace have had a rather static society with little in the way of technological change for several reasons since the war that destroyed tech on Earth for instance - while the Zaku's and Kapools dug up were all stored in perfect state by other technology, along with spare parts and extra equipment in many cases. Factors that don't play in to the state of things in late UC where the Gump is in question.
>>
>>13589134

The Millenium Falcon strategy. She don't look like much (to ensure people don't look in the first place), but she's got it where it counts.
>>
File: Mm3_hammerjoe.png (212KB, 483x481px) Image search: [Google]
Mm3_hammerjoe.png
212KB, 483x481px
>>13584407
Nonsense, it's clearly Hammer Joe.
>>
>>13588978
Evolve is evolve.

The mass produced FAZZ and ZZ have no core fighter, separating, or transformation built into them. Some parts may be useable but both those machines only saw very limited production and their parts are almost as rare as the ZZs.

>Brining up an unrelated AU

Why?

And remember, it is entire decades into the future and ms technology and design have undergone a radical shift since then. Even if parts were available when he was younger, they probably got increasingly harder to get a hold of until even parts that were mildly compatible became difficult to acquire, which probably led to him buying and salvaging junk ms for parts by the end. Its like having a really old car. Most of your replacement parts are probably going to come from the junkyard, not manufacturer or supplier.
>>
>>13588978
>spare parts did exist for the ZZ
which were made out of GMIII. the large fuckoff beam sabers got replaced with standard ones and the missile pods got removed. Jewdough was already running out of parts by then
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.