[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the robot that started the mecha boom the one that gets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: A.png (951KB, 822x535px) Image search: [Google]
A.png
951KB, 822x535px
Why is the robot that started the mecha boom the one that gets shat the most at the same time? I mean I get that Kouji is a dick in Toeizinger but seeing shit like this just makes my dick shrink. It seems he's just there to get his shit fucked up and have someone else take over, he's like the sayaka to his superiors in a way.
The only instances I can think of that aren't this way is the original manga ans Shin Mazinger.
>>
>>13578825
Because that's from a short that's supposed to be about the arrival of Kaiser?
>>
>>13578835
One. Single. Rocket Punch.
And he got gangraped. I mean show some love for your father.
>>
Putting Mazinger Z vs Ankoku Daishogun is like putting the RX78 against the Shinanju, poor guy's gonna get slapped
If it's any consolation, Getter, Great, Jeeg and others also got bodied in that short. Only Grendizer and Shin Getter could beat it
>>
>>13578844
The other robots and more importantly Kaiser were the focus, not Z. Have to make way for the improved version of daddy.
>>
>>13578835

yeah but even in the OVA it got a real ignoble end.

It was just callously cast aside and no fucks given. you can at least have it go out on a heroic sacrifice
>>
>>13578870
To show how much better Kaiser is, yes. Makes sense to me.
>>
>>13578864
>Getter, Great, Jeeg and others also got bodied in that short.

Poor Govarion, Groizer, and God Mazinger. They all got remembered enough to show up, and instantly got put back down again.
>>
>>13578893
Why the fuck do you even care so much for Christs sake?
>>
>>13578877

Shin is better than vanilla Getter and Getter 1 still went out like a fucking champ

Z went out like a bitch and no one fucking cared
>>
>>13579155
You know, in the video OP posted a pic of, Getter Robo got beaten up so fucking badly you might have missed that it was even there at all.
>>
>>13579170

I was talking about Kaiser OVA.
>>
>>13578825
I thought the first Giant robit was Gigantor?
>>
>>13579182
>Gigantor
Out of here you gigantic pleb.
>>
>>13579190

go shove a pocky up your dick
>>
>>13579182
Mazinger started the boom if you can read
>>
>>13578825

Because that's how it went out originally, so that's how people remember its end. That results in every time you get a succession story involving the Z it meeting the same fate. Even Shin Mazinger still ends with the Z completely powerless before the new foes, we just don't see "Blade" popping up aside from a shadow in one scene.

Also, in the short that you're mentioning, you can see some other robots, including the original Getter, lying destroyed on the ground before the Z falls.
>>
When people say Mazinkaiser and Grendizer have never appeared together, why do they always forget this short? Do they just not want to acknowledge Mazinkaiser's superiority?
>>
>>13578893
>god mazinger bowed but not broken

fuck yeah
>>
>>13579279
>When people say Mazinkaiser and Grendizer have never appeared together, why do they always forget this short?

it's not people it's literally that one guy
>>
File: 1409192484858.jpg (182KB, 606x637px) Image search: [Google]
1409192484858.jpg
182KB, 606x637px
>>13579279
>Mazinkaiser's superiority
>only turns up after Grendizer and Shin Getter have already wrecked ADS
>>
File: Chiun.jpg (94KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Chiun.jpg
94KB, 640x360px
>>13578864
>Shinanju
>>
>>13579155
That's because Musashi went down with it. And he's an actual person instead of just, Yknow, a robot.

And in any case, Z wasn't even itself by the time Baron Ashura and Dr Hell finished "upgrading" it. I agree it could have at least gotten a moment of silence, though.
>>
>>13579479
Shin getter could have easily taken Daishogun by himself.. Grendizer would have jobbed without his help.
>>
File: 1448045297038.jpg (483KB, 1779x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1448045297038.jpg
483KB, 1779x1200px
Well, that recent manga ending gave Z a much needed power boost, being able to summon pretty much any mecha ever.

But honestly OP, Z being defeated all the time isn't something to be sad about. Heroes of war grow weaker and aren't as strong as the current generation. That's just a fact of life. But the truly great heroes are always remembered, and if push comes to shove, they'll fight back too. So long as mecha genre exists, Mazinger Z will be there, fighting just as he always has.
>>
File: top_01.jpg (83KB, 620x364px) Image search: [Google]
top_01.jpg
83KB, 620x364px
That's because it was being replaced by Mazinkasier. It's not Mazinger Z just being shat on, it's being reborn into a new, powerful being.

If you want to talk about being shat on, then look at what the very series you're talking about does to Great Mazinger. You think there's going to be a Great Mazinkaiser? Shin Great Mazinger?

I think there's only one scene where Great doesn't get wrecked, and it's in the episode, and it's off screen.
>>
>>13580031
I seriously don't see the problem with it since Kaiser is just a logical upgrade/evolution to Z. Don't know why OP cares quite so much when Kaiser is the same goddamned thing in spirit, which is the only thing that really matters.
>>
>>13580006
Worst and most boring version of Mazinger both story wise and design wise. I'd honestly rather watch the Toei version or even read the original manga.
>>
File: Great True Shin Mazinkaiser Z.jpg (132KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Great True Shin Mazinkaiser Z.jpg
132KB, 480x854px
>>13580031
>You think there's going to be a Great Mazinkaiser
Anon...

Though I definitely agree that Great Mazinger needs more than the jack shit its been getting in this age of reboots and reimaginings. DP have been treating it like it's Groizer X or Govarian or something. I can't believe that Jeeg of all things got a new show eight years ago while Great still hasn't gotten anything but token appearances and cameos since the 70s.
>>
>>13578870
it is kinda weird that they never bothered to try and repair it afterwards, still seemed fairly intact, could have given it to Boss so he'd be more directly useful in a fight

>>13580031
well in the context of the Mazinkaiser OVA, we actually do see a Shin Great Mazinger in the last episode, and supposedly it's almost as strong as Mazinkaiser is(although for some reason come the movie he's back to using the original Great and gets his ass handed to him)
>>
>>13580464
I never understood the need for a New Great Mazinger. Couldn't they have just upgraded the old one?
>>
>>13580475
It was probably just being referential to the two previous versions of Great Mazinger. The prototype had Great Mazinger's design from the manga and wasn't as strong as the "Shin" Great Mazinger, which was Great Toeizinger.

This is probably because the Great Mazinger manga was much shorter than the anime and so Great never received all the abilities it got in the anime and thus, the anime version is stronger. I can't be certain of this because neither the anime nor the manga for Great Mazinger have been fully translated, but it's a safe bet since the same thing happened with Mazinger Z and Grendizer.
>>
>>13580475
That was the True Great Mazinger though, not New Great Mazinger. It's a more convenient excuse to give it the Toei colorscheme.
>>
Shiro should inherit Mazinger Z whenever Kouji gets Mazinkaiser.
Then you can have the Kabuto brothers plus special guest star Cousin Duke Fleed.
>>
>>13580497
nah if anyone gets Mazinger afterwards it should be Boss
>>
>>13580508
No way, it should be Sayaka or Jun. Those bitches need something that will make them actually useful. Boss can kick ass enough as is.
>>
File: 1235372566476.jpg (48KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1235372566476.jpg
48KB, 624x480px
>>13580497
That would have been cool. After all, Shiro is Juzo's grandson too!

>adult Kouji and Tetsuya
>teenaged Shiro piloting Z much to overprotective Kouji's dismay
>Shiro is out to prove he's not just Kouij's little brother and because he wants to protect people like he wished he could have protected Lorelei
>>
>>13580512
No, they don't. Fuck off with your muh soggy knee. Women are worse robot pilots then men in Mazinger and deserve to be treated as such.
>>
>>13580556
>Implying Shun and Masao weren't on the same level
The problem isn't the piloting, it's just that they get stuck with shitty robots. Women can kick ass in Mazinger if given a good robot. See: Sayaka in Artemis A
>>
>>13580512
nah they just need to use the Mazinger Angel versions of their robots instead
>>
>>13580595
But if they did that, all the male characters would mysteriously disappear.
>>
>>13580587
Nah, we're good. Them being support is fine and fitting.
>>
>>13580614
I'm not sure how. It only really makes sense in something like a SRW scenario where Aphrodite/Venus can carry repair equipment and has enough robots for cover to allow Sayaka or Jun to use it.

Without a scenario like that, they're a distraction at best and are usually just there to get blown up/kidnapped. If they actually could do something for support, then maybe, but they never do.

>NoSayakaYoullRuinEverything.jpg
>>
>>13580497
Why didn't I think of this
>>
>>13580488
>>13580492
I guess that makes sense. Though, I've gotta wonder why he didn't use it in the movie. Maybe they didn't want to piss of the Toei fans since he gets floored in it.
>>
>>13580512
Maybe we could also give Jun a less ugly robot

I'm still mad Venus A's Mazinkaiser design has like 0 toys but the ugly pieces of garbage Sayaka and Jun pilot in Toeizinger have SoCs.
>>
>>13580820
Well, at least there's not an SoC Robot Junior.
>>
Well... Mazinger Z went out like a boss in Ankoku Daishogun movie. Kouji was fighting to the bitter end until Great showed up to save them both... Mazinger Z felt like a true character, like a true hero that time and I was really sad when he was beaten almost to death by those evil fuckers fighting till the end...

In TV series I felt almost nothing but in the movie... it was so powerful
>>
>>13580550
>wished he could have protected Lorelei

I mean, telling his brother not to murder a 6-year old girl because she called him out would have worked too.
>>
>>13580855
Lorelei would have fought and killed him regardless of whether he wanted to fight or not. Blame Lorelei and her creator since Kouji was just doing his job and had no choice.
>>
>>13580820
For what it's worth, the Mazinger Angels designs make them a little more appealing.
>>
>>13580512
>Successfully helps fight off an entire army
>comes up with the plan to save the entire world

Wingle best girl mech
Yuuki best girl
>>
>>13580031
>Shin Great Mazinger

Isn't that what happened near the end of the Kaiser OVA where Great got a massive powerup that basically put it almost on par with Kaiser?
>>
>>13582494
technically we found out towards the end that much like Mazinger Z was only a Prototype for Mazinkaiser, the Great Mazinger we see at the beginning is merely a prototype for the true Great Mazinger we see in the last episode, although for some reason in the Movie Tetsuya is back to piloting Proto Great again and gets his ass handed to him(which is kinda insulting since this involves his enemy group in the first place)
>>
>>13582708

you know I didn't even make that connection.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.