[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you a "weeb"? >4. Do they have a house full

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 16

File: memebart.png (130KB, 838x825px) Image search: [Google]
memebart.png
130KB, 838x825px
Are you a "weeb"?

>4. Do they have a house full of Gundam figurines and anime statues? (Weebs collect them like girls with daddy issues collect piercings)

Luckily, I'm only No. 4.

Pssh, I forgot No. 3, but don't tell anyone ok. It's just our little secret... nothin' personnel.
>>
Thank you based Milo
>>
When did weeaboo make a comeback?
It's like the rest of the internet just found out about the word
>>
>>13573629
I didn't know it ever disappeared. Though I'm relatively certain the person who made this guide has never seen the word weeaboo. Probably just the now more common phrase, "Fucking Weebs."
>>
What caused this?
Wasn't this guy sucking up to "gamers" for clicks?
Was he bullied by some pseudo-weeb on twitter or something?
>>
>>13573653
Reddit
>>
This has got to be a joke/satire, right? Everything is so exaggerated it looks like it came out of the Onion. Then again I don't know about the person writing this or the website on which it's published.
>>
>>13573662
Breitbart

It's like HuffPo, occasionally there are some really insightful pieces, but the shit you have to wade through if you wanna find it is absurd.
>>
>>13573629
If I didn't know any better I'd say Filthy Frank.
>>
>>13573381
I meet none of them as I don't build gunpla (yet been thinking about but doubt I really well as much as I say I will)

Yay I'm not a seen by this chart.
>>
>>13573667
>seen
dumb mobileposter
>>
>>13573671
Well now I like like a complete and total moron. More so than I usually do.
>>
File: 1336087116706.jpg (74KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1336087116706.jpg
74KB, 680x680px
So Breitbart's writers are newfags as well, good for them.

>>13573629
It's always been around, but newfags upon newfags have bastardized it to go from being unapologetically wapanese to just being from Japan. It's beyond newfaggotry. It's just being a Neofag.
>>
>>13573683
It's ok, all you gotta do is say you remote control your pc with your phone so you don't have to reach over to the keyboard at all. Then call someone a casual.

Works everytime. If someone does question you, just tell them it's so you can use the free hand to eat tendies with since remote phoning needs only a single hand with the touch keyboard.

I still haven't gotten it to work right on my current wifi set up...
>>
>occasionally gets called a weaboo online for displaying knowledge of asian culture, language, or talking about gunpla
>mfw I am actually a chink

this is when you know fucker has no idea what that word means.
>>
File: Weeaboo 2.png (38KB, 800x454px) Image search: [Google]
Weeaboo 2.png
38KB, 800x454px
>>
>>13573381
but...

...but a katana IS a sword
>>
>>13573381
Nothing wrong with having pocky as part of your daily diet as long as it's the superior strawberry.
>>
>>13573381
>4, 9, 10, 15
To be fair, I'm Singaporean. My national anthem is in Malay, a language I speak none of. Also, I occasionally translate anime songs for fun.
>>
Japanese history is pretty boring compared to China's.

Also, Hiroshima and Nagasaki weren't really terrible when you consider that it was just one guy dropping bombs.

It doesn't have the same impact compared to gory shit like beheadings or anything like that. (even if the number of victims is less)
>>
>>13573381
I wouldn't say full. There's just a couple gunpla around my room.
>>
>tfw asian and living in an asian country so nobody else gives a shit about your weeb level
And we just got AFA recently.
>>
>>13573753
Even worse, Katana is literally the word for sword.
>>
>>13573772
>It doesn't have the same impact compared to gory shit like beheadings or anything like that. (even if the number of victims is less)
Do the slow, grotesque and painful deaths from radiation sickness and generations of illness and deformed children from the radiation not count?
>>
>>13573381
Number 16 is dumb because you can be a retro game collector yet not give a flying FUDGE about anime.
>>
>>13573790
It's not the process of dying. It's the act of killing.

All the pilot did was press a button or two. Anyone could have done that.
>>
>>13573795
Weeb =/= anime shitter, fagtron.
You can be a weeb and have never seen any chinese cartoons
>>
>>13573381
I agree that people going around screaming their anime power levels should be looked down upon, but the creator of this image is basically trying to stir shit up so he can shove it up his ass.
>>
File: 1364439667216.png (31KB, 150x146px) Image search: [Google]
1364439667216.png
31KB, 150x146px
>>13573381
I only got two things on that list. 1 and 2 are from when I was a dumb fat 15 year old nerd running around in Old Town and spotted a movie weapon replica shop. I get out of 4 on a loophole because all my figurines are Godzilla and Godzilla is not anime.
>>
>>13573805
Alright you can be a retro game collector yet not give a flying FUDGE about Japanese culture. It's common to buy certain games from Japan solely because it's way cheaper than from America or Europe.
>>
>>13573808
You can have 3 things and be fine, it's more than three then you're a weeb.

>>13573806
I wonder what he thinks about Zeta?
>>
File: qin-shi-huang-di.jpg (534KB, 1001x1104px) Image search: [Google]
qin-shi-huang-di.jpg
534KB, 1001x1104px
A kimono wearing otaku social studies professor and hikikomori was teaching a class on Asian History.

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Emperor Akihito and accept that that the Japanese are the most highly-evolved human beings that the world has ever known."

At this moment, a sagacious, filial, scholar-gentleman who has scored ahead of 150,000 students in the Civil Service Exams and understood the full extent of the barbarity of those living outside Zhongguo held up a copy of the Nihon Shoki.

"What are the characters written upon the pages of the Nihon Shoki?"

The arrogant professor smirked, tightened his hachimaki, and smugly replied "Kanji, you baka."

"True, Kanji, which loosely translates into "Han characters." To be precise the Nihon Shoki is written in Guwen, which is Classical Chinese script. If the Japanese are indeed perfect human beings then they would have come up with their own culture & civilization as opposed to just borrowing from the Chinese or from anyone else."

The Professor was visibly shaken and dropped his calligraphy brush and copy of CLAMP's Cardcaptor Sakura. He stormed out of the room and tried to commit seppuku like in his animes.

The students applauded with a big "wansui!" and all signed up with the Popular Uprising that day and declared that the scholar-gentleman has the Mandate of Heaven. A dragon named "All Under Heaven" flew into the room and coiled around the Chinese flag and magically turned it yellow. The Analects was read several times, and the Jade Emperor himself showed up and enacted territorial seizures of disputed territories around the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of complications caused by an erroneous performance of the seppuku ritual and went to Diyu, where he is tried, found guilty, and punished by the Ten Yama Kings of Diyu.
>>
>>13573653
>What caused this?

He's trying to distance GG from weebs after the complete buffoonery Play-Asia pulled on twitter a few days ago.
>>
>>13573772
>Hiroshima and Nagasaki weren't really terrible when you consider that it was just one guy dropping bombs.
Even before that there was the firebombing of Tokyo, which is also pretty terrible.
>>
>>13573833
Compared to the seemingly inevitable grueling ground campaign and having to split Japan with the reds like what happened in Germany, I think the bombs were a permissible alternative.

Plus, no bombs means no Godzilla. And who knows what that would have done to mecha.

My only regret is that the US never dropped the bat bomb.
>>
>>13573828
>buffoonery

Maybe you should go back to tumblr. Play-Asia did good work slapping the shit of an awful lot of cancerous people upset about DoAX3.
>>
>>13573889
I hate you. I really don't like you…I cannot sanction your buffoonery.
>>
>>13573889
>>13573894
Probl-o-matical desu
>>
>>13573827
is this some sort of copypasta because this shit ain't no better than your typical NIPPON BANZAI
>>
File: glasses fetish.png (87KB, 359x246px) Image search: [Google]
glasses fetish.png
87KB, 359x246px
How the fuck is #14 exclusive to people that fetishize japan?

hell what the fuck does it have to do with anything aside from being a pretentious fuck?

>>13573901
yeah, it's copypasta

I don't remember the original source, though. Some bullshit story that never happened posted on a blog somewhere.
>>
>>13573772
>Japanese history is pretty boring compared to China's.
just about everyone else's history is boring compared to china's, no really, with the exception of Europe's history Chinese history was more interesting than most, until you reach 1940's onwards, then it's just as bland as the rest of them.
>It doesn't have the same impact compared to gory shit like beheadings or anything like that
I'd argue it has more impact, not in terms of body count but in terms of what it did to warfare, it's the point where almost everyone stopped and thought "maybe we should step back a bit"
>>
>>13573381
4 (i'm making the assumtion that the ignorant that wrote this could equate "any robot from japan=gundam", which is possible) and 10 nah just kidding i know my anthem, but i tend to sing/hum my robutt openings more
7 sounds something useful in the possibility that you went there, do people get crucified if you know streets and shit from other countries?
>>13573653
>but lolis and traps are all the rage now
yeah this guy doesn't know shit
>>
>>13573901
A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

"Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!“

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

"How old is this rock, pinhead?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

"Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now"

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears. The same tears liberals cry for the “poor” (who today live in such luxury that most own refrigerators) when they jealously try to claw justly earned wealth from the deserving job creators. There is no doubt that at this point our professor, DeShawn Washington, wished he had pulled himself up by his bootstraps and become more than a sophist liberal professor. He wished so much that he had a gun to shoot himself from embarrassment, but he himself had petitioned against them!

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.
>>
File: 1426366722438.png (257KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1426366722438.png
257KB, 640x480px
>>13573889
He's kinda right.
Now, don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with telling SJWs and all the other loonies out there to fuck off. But at least be professional about it. Don't spam fucking reaction images and dubs on fucking twitter.

When the revolution comes, people who use 4chan memes outside of 4chan will be the first ones to be put up against the wall.
>>
How do they know what hot gluing is?
>>
>>13573381
I would still call myself a "weeaboo" because I do wish I could have been born Japanese or live in Japan. Maybe even some parts of China. The bleakness of their massive concrete cities, the overcast weather, the aesthetics of these places, they just sit right with me. I don't think that where I'm from is inferior though, I love where I live, but I'd also like to experience other things.
>>
>>13573996
I don't really see what's so wrong with 15 if you're actually trying to learn Japanese. It seems like something that could help you catch something you may have missed or hell just to even see if you actually know enough Japanese to judge whether or not the translation for the subs were good.
>>
File: 1408408192576.png (602KB, 963x720px) Image search: [Google]
1408408192576.png
602KB, 963x720px
Must be a slow news day if they're suddenly mad at animu fans (didn't even get the right definition of weeaboo)
Are they tired of harassing people on twitter or something?
>>
>>13573381
1. but I won it in a martial arts competition, does that count?
10. because I don't give a shit about my national anthem or nationality, besides why wouldn't you know how to sing Ai o torimodose?
>>
>>13573381
Would a self-respecting weeaboo even watch something like Karate Kid?
>>
File: 457444300.jpg (27KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
457444300.jpg
27KB, 500x281px
>>13573381
>>
>>13574014
I think it's meant for idiots who insist you can learn the whole language just by watching subs. Subbed anime is a decent learning tool if you have studied the language properly.

I also assume that you aren't required to have a dermatologist's contact info memorized for 16.
>>
File: Where do you think we are.jpg (221KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.jpg
221KB, 700x525px
>>13573381
Getting upset at people liking something you don't like, and calling them inherently stupid and immature for liking it?

What a silly and childish thing to do. I wonder who would act like that over a simple piece of media like tv shows.
>>
>>13574022
>why wouldn't you know how to sing Ai o torimodose?

Because I'm not a fucking weeb
>>
>>13574014
It has definitely helped me. I can understand, more often than not, what's being said if I'm not looking at the screen, and I can always tell whether or not subs are accurate. I've even learned to read hiragana and a handful of kanji just by karaoke OP and ED subs. This is after 2 and a half years of watching anime with no actual attempt at learning the language beyond reading subtitles, and is just me associating the Japanese word/sound with the English translation. It's like trying to learn a language through an audio dictionary - you know what a lot of the words mean when people speak, but you cannot speak it beyond the most basic and common of phrases, you don't really know how to write it by hand, and you can't really read it.
But I don't think you'll ever gain a comprehensive understanding of Japanese just by watching anime.
>>
File: 1446937508364.jpg (34KB, 268x245px) Image search: [Google]
1446937508364.jpg
34KB, 268x245px
>>13574039
Nah that just makes you gay
>>
>>13573381
>10
what's so difficult about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7_Od9CmTu0
>>
File: takeoff.gif (104KB, 173x312px) Image search: [Google]
takeoff.gif
104KB, 173x312px
>this thread
>>
>>13573381
They're called Gunpla senpai
And I don't have any
>>
>>13573381
Huh...and here I thought I was a weeb but I only match two of those. And the katana (actually a wakizashi) I have was kind of an impulse buy. 13 years ago I was waiting outside a music club for the band to show up and a friend of a friend was complaining about how someone stole a bunch of shit out of his car and left behind this sword that he'd never seen before. I offered him $20 and he gave it to me. Not even sure where it is right now.
And while it is very sharp (cut my finger on it, at least) it's clearly a factory item with plastic coating on the wooden scabbard and a molded plastic handgrip. Also not something I'd ever pull in a fight because the hilt is shaped like a dragon wing which looks cool but is uncomfortable to hold.

I also do have four Final Fantasy VII figures, one Robot Damashii Zaku, and some transformers but I don't think I qualify for the "house full of..." bit. And a Lilith (from Darkstalkers) which I did hotglue once. That was actually the first picture I ever uploaded onto the internet, Danbooru '07 iirc. That's really the only one that I 100% fit on this list.
>>
>>13573653
Within years Breitbart will be kotaku for rightwing.
>>
>>13573381
I wish I had 4.

Also, I technically fit the 10th if we account the full lyrics of the anthem and not the summarized version, but no one knows those by memory (and not many people even know there's a full version).
>>
>Have they ever burst into a fit of rage over a westerner calling a "katana" a "sword?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTd2BZggats
>>
>>13573629
I hit two of them. I have a lot of models of giant robots and I have a few wallscrolls (Patlabor, GITS).
>>
How is this shit "Mecha" related?
>>
File: 1448282829784.png (164KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448282829784.png
164KB, 500x500px
>>13574128
It isn't.
Why didn't you apply for janitorial position? You all know we only have one guy and he comes by every three days.
>>
>>13573381
I've forgotten my national anthem. It pretty much never gets used, and when it does I'm not around. Just making noise work the right tone and noise level is enough.
>>
File: 1448915446748.png (427KB, 918x498px) Image search: [Google]
1448915446748.png
427KB, 918x498px
>>13574133

>tfw /vr/ and /asp/ get more regular visits than us
>>
>>13574133
I don't want to be responsible for cleaning up after you fuckers.

Can't someone else do it?
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/trash/374413
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.