[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are most Gundam shows this boring? I've only ever seen this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: l6itqCiEQdi7MbM5RsXO_gundam-wing.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
l6itqCiEQdi7MbM5RsXO_gundam-wing.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
Are most Gundam shows this boring? I've only ever seen this a little Zeta. I don't really care for any of these characters, besides Duo and Zechs. The story feels like it's been done a thousand times, and the mechs are mediocre at best with a few exceptions. Is this a good representative of the Gundam franchise
>>
File: gendum.jpg (171KB, 1024x767px) Image search: [Google]
gendum.jpg
171KB, 1024x767px
>Zeta gundam
>Duo/Zechs
you done gouf'd anon.
>>
Whoops, I fucked up. I forgot to say I did watch 0079. I didn't just start with Wing and jump to Zeta.
>>
>>13572595
Wing gets better whatever episode they go back to space, somewhere between episode 20 and 25 I think.
>>
>Everyone shit on Wing because it has 30 boring episodes in the middle
>Zeta does this too and is hailed as a masterpiece
>Wing is more popular
Hmm...
>>
>>13572595
Not really. Gundam is all over the place in terms of writing quality and execution. Some are great, most are meh, and a couple are legitimately fucking awful. The best ones, in my opinion are the ones that don't actively try to be as 'Gundam' as possible: G, Turn A, G-Reco, 00 S1, etc. They are still obviously Gundam due to the presence of Gundams and giant robot warfare, but they put enough of their own spin on that where they don't feel like a rehash. The downside to this is that it's basically become a genre in and of itself, and most of the similarities between shows come from executive decisions that are entirely due to marketing to a pretty niche customer base. How this is handled is mostly dependent on the people at the show's helm, which is why you get stuff like Wing, Seed and AGE that are just totally lacking in any sort of personality or enthusiasm.
Most of the more serious ones are pretty slow-paced, but I'd hardly say that makes them boring. Wing's problem is that it's just not very well-written, plain and simple. So no, it's not a good representative of the franchise, because there really isn't one show that could accurately represent the franchise.
>>
>>13573026
>Gundam is all over the place in terms of writing quality and execution.
Within the series too.
>>
File: heavy arms bae.gif (488KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
heavy arms bae.gif
488KB, 500x356px
>>13572595
Wing has a pretty convoluted plot with tons of dry political cuts and speaches. The mech designs are sweet.

Easier to follow Gundams are G, 0079, maybe turn A if you fancy it, 00.
>>
>>13573488
Gundam X is relatively simple as well.

Things get weird when they go to space, but not too weird.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.