[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've reached that point in the fandom where I've decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 6

File: Nu_Gundam_Photo3.jpg (669KB, 2048x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Nu_Gundam_Photo3.jpg
669KB, 2048x2112px
how many of you on /m/ have seen every Gundam iteration?
>>
Nobody has.
>>
>>13558806
I have, if it's Gundam I'll watch it.
>>
I still need to see ZZ and Victory
>>
I've yet to see SEED, Destiny and AGE
Then there's IBO which I frankly cannot be arsed to sit through
>>
>>13558806
Couldn't finish AGE or Try because they sucked. I've seen everything else.
>>
I skipped everything related to SEED and SEED Destiny. Also GBF doesn't appeal to me but I don't know if that counts or not.,
>>
>>13558806
I haven't seen some of the smaller shorts and G-Saviour, and I've also not seen SEED, SEED Destiny and Build Fighters (only because I can't find good BDs) out of the larger ones. But otherwise I've seen nearly everything else, and all of the recap or compilation movies of the ones I have already seen.

>>13558851
AGE has its own charms though. Just don't look for anything really new or groundbreaking. It takes 0079, Zeta, ZZ, some elements from CCA, throws in some Crosbbone Gundam to make for a quite a show, even if it is very predictable.
>>
I'll watch everything eventually except SEED and AGE.
It's not even because everyone says they are shit, i just hate how they look.
>>
>>13558885
I think getting drunk with friends and watching g-saviour could be fun if i had friends into /m/ stuff ;__;
>>
File: flit turns to the dark side.jpg (78KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
flit turns to the dark side.jpg
78KB, 854x480px
>>13558896
Looks can be deceiving...
>>
Only things I haven't watched are the SD shorts and the compilation movies form Turn A to 00
>>
Well, even if you do watch all the Universal Century stuff and all Alternate Universes, there are the SD Gundams...
>>
>>13558806
I didn't bother with destiny after seed.

Otherwise I've seen everything.
>>
Everything except SD Gundam Force and the last six episodes of Reco.
Don't let /m/ tell you to skip shows, you'll wind up just repeating the "opinions" given to you by people who probably skipped those shows themselves. Honestly there were a couple of shows that I didn't really care for, but that doesn't mean you won't like them. Watch everything, even the shows I didn't like. That way if you don't like one or more of the shows, then at least you're speaking from your own experience and an actual opinion instead of just echoing a meme.
>>
>>13559480
>Only things I haven't watched are the SD shorts
holy fuck, man, you are missing out.
download that shit right now.
>>
>>13559504
The last six are probably the best of G-reco, go for it!
>>
>>13559499
>People intentionally not watching Destiny
Jesus it's not that bad man
>>
I won't watch it just because it has Gundam in the name, but I have seen most Gundam shows.

Some iterations are just unappealing, and others I've just never gotten to. For instance, I was waiting for 00 to finish airing before hopping in, but then they took a hiatus and I lost all interest and have yet to see it. I haven't watched any new Gundam since.
>>
>>13559469
I mean the artstyle, i hate everything about it, every single character and mobile suit.
>>
>>13558885
What's the best way to watch AGE, I've got almost every series archived, including G-Reco now, but I don't know how I should into AGE
>>
>>13559480
>00 compilation movies?
Wait where?
>>
>>13558806
I've watched everything, read whatever has English translation, and played the games that have their own stories.
>>
Honestly, skipping ZZ is pretty casual
>>
i dont watch gendum lolz i just use wiki
>>
>>13558806
Everything that isn't SD
>>
File: adele-original.jpg (24KB, 265x396px) Image search: [Google]
adele-original.jpg
24KB, 265x396px
>>13559742
>mobile suit
How can you hate this?
>>
>>13559899
they're everywhere online they changed the final battle between the 0 and Exia. Instead of tommorow being sung by children they play the shows 3rd opening
>>
>>13560130
Whoa.

>OP3
Oh, ok, don't give a shit.
That might be the worst OP in the history of ever, worse than Linebarrels's
>>
Has anybody seen Iron Blooded Orphans?
>>
>>13560177
Yes. I find it a bit meh, but the mech designs are tip fucking top, except one.
Wish there was less QUALITY
Story is pretty slow so far. Hopefully it'll pick up.
Not the best, far from the worst.
How about you just watch it and decide for yourself instead of depending on others for your opinions?
>>
>>13559897
Binge. With lots of alcohol cause you're going to need it even during the end of the 1st generation and a good bit of the 2nd. Just down the whole fucking bottle before hitting the 3rd.
>>
>>13560260
Meant release actually.
>>
job requirement
>>
>>13560267
The compilation movie/s makes it more tolerable due to length and certain plot elements that never get resolved never showing up in the first place also it's easier on your liver.
>>
>>13559897
Episodes 1-15 (1st Gen) > Memory of Eden.
>>
>>13558806
>watch everything
>only Gundam
Plebian
>>
I haven't seen Victory all the way through yet and there are some SD bits and bobs I haven't seen, but I've seen everything else and have read a bunch of stuff too
>>
>>13560272
Now see that's interesting, where is the line drawn there? All animated works? Any manga? Like when they did the Thunderbolt kits back when the manga was the only thing attached, did you have to read some of that?
>>
>>13558806

I stopped watching AGE at episode 20 and G-Gundam at episode 10. I also have yet to see the last few IBO episodes and IGLOO. I have seen everything else.
>>
>>13560177
I like it a ton, it feels like if X, Turn A and a bit of 00 got mixed together
>>
>>13560518
>Turn A for post cataclysm archeotech
>X for the us vs. the environment
How 00?
>>
>>13560177
I saw the first four episodes and while I didn't hate it the show became one of those shows where I keep reminding myself to watch it but then never do. In fact I'm thinking to myself right now after your post "Oh man I should catch up on it" but I know deep down I'll just end up watching something else or fuck around on the internet for the rest of my night.
>>
Well I haven't seen some of the older SD gundam shorts or Green Divers, but everything else I think I got watched.

If there is some obscure shit out there that I haven't seen, I'd love to know.
>>
>>13560005
>>13558817
Technically true, but only because of Green Diver and One of Seventy-Two.
>>
File: fuck yo couch nigga.gif (898KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
fuck yo couch nigga.gif
898KB, 500x375px
>>13558806

I just finished watching Victory, now I need to watch something happy to wash the depression away.

THANKS TOMINO
>>
File: nisemono.jpg (94KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
nisemono.jpg
94KB, 400x300px
me

all that left is those old obscure gag shorts (not SD ones) and gundam the ride stuff like green divers and A boa qu trench run

and Doozy bots
>>
>>13560801
I heard Zambot 3 was a pretty happy show.
>>
>>13560676
Child soldiers and the more subdued color palette probably.
>>
>>13558806
The only Gundam animated thing I haven't seen are SEED and Wing. Will get to them eventually.
>>
I've tried everything, but the AUs and late UC are pretty bad.

>F91
meh, but it was just a movie so I got through it.
>Victory
Trash, couldn't finish it.
>G
Kinda bad overall, but it was a neat idea and had strong moments so I finished it.
>Wing
I watched it on Toonami as a kid and then went back to it later. It's a troubled and unoriginal show but passable overall.
>X
Trash, couldn't finish it.
>Turn A
Neat ideas and reasonably entertaining. Far from my favourite entry but it's totally fine.
>SEED
Complete fucking dogshit, the lowest point in the franchise.
>00
Had a good first season and then a shit second season and movie.
>AGE
The idea of one show covering generations like that is pretty cool. Shame it was shit.
>G-Reco
Slightly troubled, should've been longer. Overall pretty good though.
>Ironblooded Orphans
TBD
>>
>>13560821
>Child soldiers
>Gundam
Well yeah
>>
>>13558806
Have yet to watch X and ZZ.
>>
>>13558806
Left to watch I have

Victory
X
Seed
Destiny
0080 (downloaded)
0083 (Not into NTR)
Second half of Try

I don't know if I will watch all of it. Only reason I'm watching IBO still is I'm telling myself I'll watch them all but watching boring bad shows just isn't fun
>>
>>13560676
Geopolitics and bleakness mostly
>>
>>13562466
I don't feel the bleakness in 00, but I see the other bit
>>
>>13558806
I'm still missing AGE, IBO, X, G, G-Saviour, Victory, GSD. I started on some of them just couldn't finish due to quality.
>>
>>13558835

IBO is better than all others you mentioned.
>>
I can't be bothered to watch 0083 or 08th MS Team. They are so boring. Also only watched half of Zeta and than the movies (didn't feel the need to watch the series then).

Skipped on ZZ, Victory, and Gundam X.

Not bothered to watch Seed, Destiny, 00... almost anything post 2000. I did watch Unicorn, G-Reco and I'm watching Iron Blooded and Orphans and Origin.
>>
>>13561216
>Wing
>passable

>Victory
>X
>G
>bad or trash
>didn't even finish them, but still finished Wing, SEED, 00, Age and G-Reco

Ugh.

>>13561712
>0083 (Not into NTR)
Oh, fuck off.

>>13562639
Why did you skip them?
>>
I think what I have left

>Probably Never Watching
Gundam 00 Special Edition
Gundam 00: Tenshitachi no Kiseki
Gundam 0083 Movie
Gundam Wing: Operation Meteor
Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz OVA
Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop Picture Drama
Gundam-San
SD Gundam Shorts
Superior Defender Gundam
Sangokuden Gundam
SEED / Destiny Compilation Movies
Turn A Gundam Movies

>Get Around to it Eventually
The Origin OVAs

>Never
Green Divers
>>
>>13558806
I am still missing ZZ, X, all of SEED, most of the movies and many OVAs.

going to finish Last Waltz and war in the pocket this Christmas.
>>
>>13560260
I have skipped 1st gen Age about 3-4 episodes in, from the screen caps I have seen its going to get a lot worse so I just never bother going back.

2nd and 3rd gen were cliche-riddled messes but they are at least watchable.
>>
>>13562837
You skipped ZZ? Why would you do that?
If you managed to stomach garbage like Wing and 00 should be able to tolerate it
>>
>>13559897
You should, it can't be worse than G-Reco.
>>
>>13562863
like many people on this board, I finished Zeta and rushed straight into ZZ, the mood change killed my motivation, I like the characters but I can't take it anymore after the fucking Moon moon episodes.

I will come back to it again after finishing LOGH

>W
it was shit, but I had to finish it because I keep thinking it's going to get better next episode, I wouldn't have minded as much if it has at least some good fight scenes.

I liked 00 for its fights.
>>
>>13558806
All I'm missing is 00 and the last 20 episodes of Turn A I forgot to watch, oops.
>>
I watched all the main ones with a lot of spin-offs too and SEED, Destiny, and AGE are nowhere near as bad as people like to think
>>
>>13562868
Haha epic xD.
>>13562885
>I liked 00 for its fights.
Yeah this is the biggest appeal to most of 00 for me, also >>13562863
>garbage
Haha epic xD!
>>
>>13558806
Just missing:
The last two episodes of Unicorn
F91
Victory
The last five episodes of AGE
G-Reco
Turn A
Try
>>
>>13562938
>Implying G-Reco isn't garbage
2deep4me huh :^) ?
>>
>>13563056
I dunno, likely not, because you probably didn't watch it rite?
I've yet to find a anime show that didn't make sense. It's a medium for children after all.
t. someone who hasn't watched G-Reco
>>
I've watched everything except X and Turn A. Dropped G Reco. Everything else I've seen at least once (the ones that are available, anyway.)
>>
>>13558806
I had, until Reconguista in G and Build Fighters Tri. I wasn't a student anymore, just didn't have the time.
>>
>>13558817
>>13560789
I came here to say this.
>>
>>13558806
I've gone through all Gundam anime, only dropping Wing, AGE, and have not seen Origin or IBO. Some day I may go back and finish Wing and AGE if I'm bored enough. I'll watch the currently airing Gundams once blu rays come out.

Overall I liked 0079, 0080, and Turn A much more than the rest. Though almost all of them were pretty good
>>
>>13560120
The design is good but everything about how it is colored and drawn is so cheap looking. If that exact design were done on cels it could look good, but on digital it looks almost bare.
>>
>>13558823
Those two as well as AGE and Reco-G
>>
>>13558806
I haven't seen Age, Build fighters and various SD Gundams yet.
>>
>>13563063
I tried to watch it anon, but it the main cast was so utterly trash and the plot was so messy that I dropped it at ep.6
>>
Watched most of the anime series'.
Planning to get to G and maybe G Savior eventually.
Passing on all the SD stuff.
>>
>>13558806
My backlog:
2nd half of 0079
2nd half of X
2nd half of Turn A
Victory
ZZ
Igloo
Evolve
IBO (will probably wait till the series is finished)
Origin (see above, I'm up to date with the manga though)
>>
>>13565344
You should really check out SD Gundam Gaiden

It's nifty
>>
>>13565373
Oh yeah, and G-Saviour almost forgot it exists
>>
>>13565306
>giving that much of a shit about plot
why tho?
I haven't even watched it, but putting that much emphasis on plot seems wasteful
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.