[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with the excessive amount of /ss/ in Victory Gundam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

What's with the excessive amount of /ss/ in Victory Gundam? Is there any special meaning behind it, or just Tomino indulging his fetish
>>
One of the major themes of victory is Motherhood.

I mean the fucking Zanzacare Empire wants to exterminate most of humanity to create a society BASED around Motherhood.

To the point where they create giant motorcycle ships to literally flatten and destroy the old world
>>
>>13551465
> Is there any special meaning behind it, or just Tomino indulging his fetish
Yes.
>>
>>13551465
>excessive /ss/

there is no such thing
>>
>>13551491
I will never understand the idea that went behind all the motorcycle based vehicles in the Zanscare Empire, is the Motorad squad the only weapon designer in Side 2 or something?
>>
>>13551518
The battleships didn't have to use beam weapons or bombs to destroy the Earth's infrastructure. They could just flatten everything without doing any real harm to the natural environment.

The wheels the mobile suits used were a convenient hovercraft/melee weapon/shield that was easily interchangeable between units.
>>
>>13551759
Don't forget how they were practically invincible.

It's neat, even the early bike-type vehicles could kick ass when they needed to.
>>
>dat doujin based on this scene
>>
>>13551465
You forgot that he was also pretty depressed during Victory and tried his hardest to get it cancelled.
So yea it's all three of those.
>>
>>13551491
>One of the major themes of victory is Motherhood.

And the characters who represent motherhood are powerless, manipulated, naive, and get people killed because of their weakness and poor decisions. Bitches should stay in the kitchen lest they get people killed due to their incompetence. The female opposite of that, engaging in the war and in a position of power, are mostly bat shit crazy and characters revolve around wanting to /ss/ with and/or kill Uso. Victory's message is incoherent.
>>
>>13552698
>mother should stay in kitchen and raise kid
>bitches who go to war are crazy
It's coherent enough for me.
>>
>>13552729

Both sides of the dichotomy are portrayed negatively in the show, and even bitches who go to war, in a position of power, do so for the attention of men.
>>
I really miss hgundam... ;_;
>>
>>13551501
Underposted rate
>>
>>13552698
>>13552729
Sorry mate we dont take kindly to logical decicions that are as much fact as the sun rising every day
>>
File: saddestbj.jpg (37KB, 634x477px) Image search: [Google]
saddestbj.jpg
37KB, 634x477px
>>13551465
>>
>>13552598
>he was also pretty depressed

I hear this about every remotely sad Tomino show.
>>
>>13555768
He was especially depressed for Victory. I mean shit he had Usso holding his mom's head and saying "this was my mother." That's some crazy stuff.
On top of that he says in the blu-ray box "Please don't watch this" and I think he mentions his depression, not sure.
>>
File: Uso is the best.jpg (449KB, 700x2834px) Image search: [Google]
Uso is the best.jpg
449KB, 700x2834px
>>13552698
And the MEN who want want to go to war are also batshit crazy, manipulated, naive and get people killed (including themselves) because of their weakness and poor decisions.

One thing Victory most certainly isn't, is a power fantasy.
>>
File: 1st Shrike to go.jpg (84KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
1st Shrike to go.jpg
84KB, 704x528px
>>13551465
>Is there any special meaning behind it
Tomino hated women.
>>
>>13556670

It's nowhere near the same. There's not a clear and purposeful contrast between two attitudes that lends itself to the claims of misogyny.

>>13556682

There's a reason this meme exists.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.