[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some mecha series where the robots have weight and actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 3684686-6485028878-31391.jpg (70KB, 639x1519px) Image search: [Google]
3684686-6485028878-31391.jpg
70KB, 639x1519px
What are some mecha series where the robots have weight and actually feel like giants instead of men in suits?
>>
Giant Robo.
Tetsujin (2004)
Big O
>>
>>13550100

Isn't Big O's design directly inspired by Giant Robo?
>>
>>13550156
If I recall someone who worked on Giant Robo worked on Big O.
>>
>>13550055
its a breath of fresh air for gundam atleast. no glow stick and pink meam spam certainly helps
>>
>>13550191
>gundam dances around like a ballerina
>gundam tanks shots all episode until random critical hit moment
yeh ok
>>
>>13550195
At least it takes cumulative damage in the process.
>tanks hits until something critical gets wanged
Sounds about right
>>
>>13550055

I think Eva counts? They vary based on whatever looks cool at the moment, but they frequently wreck the surrounding environment simply as a result of being there. They are way more nimble than the Big O, but one running down the street means extensive repairs and repaving along that whole stretch of road.
>>
Escaflowne
>>
>>13550191
>moves with weight
Holy shit do you understand physics at all? We're on episode 8 and already Mikazuki can pull of bullshit maneuvers like 00 on Trans Am. The only gundams that actually feel like giants are in 0080 and 08th MS team.
>>
>>13550249
And MSG. At least in the beginning.
>>
>11 posts
No Broken Blade
Sasuga /v/
>>
>>13550233
>I think Eva counts?
Fucking no.
>>
Dai guard
>>
>>13550272
>/v/
Eh what's the difference these days amirite senpai?
>>
>>13550283
watch the Asuka vs. MP Eva fight again and get back to us about the "lack of weight and scale"
>>
>>13550405
wew
>>13550414
Unit-02 flits around like a leaf on the wind then gets shredded.
I'm not sure I'm right, but I'm pretty sure OP was referring to physical weight.
>>
>>13550414
Yeah, they jump around like fucking ninjas and there's not a hint of parallax.
>>
>>13550174
I think it was the writer.
He also worked on Serial Experiments Lain.
>>
>>13550419
>I'm pretty sure OP was referring to physical weight.

The fight with the MP Evas had more than enough of that.
It's just not the same application of weight that OP is talking about.
>>
GaoGaiGar for a decent amount of the robots.
>>
File: JycYjY6.png (3MB, 677x1000px) Image search: [Google]
JycYjY6.png
3MB, 677x1000px
>>13550055

WE CAN BOTH LIVE!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.