[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this the only AU Gundam that isn't treated like a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: AWGX.png (1MB, 1200x1191px) Image search: [Google]
AWGX.png
1MB, 1200x1191px
Why is this the only AU Gundam that isn't treated like a puching-bag by the fandom? G gets crapf or being silly super robot stuff. Wing gets crap for too many things to list, Turn-A gets crap for being too slow/boring and ugly mecha designs. Seed and Seed Destiny get tore apart every week here for too many reasons to list. 00 gets crap for UNDERSTANDING, being Zeta/Wing 2.0, and Aliens. AGE gets crap for being kiddie and UNDERSTANDING again. IBO gets crap because.....I don't know, being more popular then G-Reco, I suppose.

But Gundam X? Nobody ever says bad world about it and always say that it's deeply underrated. Why is that? Because it got canceled and everyone feels sorry for it?
>>
>>13547028
What? I see people shit on X all the time.
>designs are boring
>villains are shit
>music is shit
>>
>>13547028
Because it's not popular.
>>
>>13547028
Because its not particularly offensive in anyway?

Realitively overlooked and all around okay to good depending on a persons tastes most of the time I've only seen a few people really have an issue with it, basically its just well liked and not widely watched That's why.

Plus uc fags tend to like it.
>>
>>13547046
Oh aside from shit villains.

Really that's the main issue that even people who like it say.
>>
Because it's a show that is either okay or meh depending on the person that isn't really much for discussion
>>
>>13547028
you missed the last thread of just days ago in which we shat on this series
worst fucking villains ever, nonsensical plot, reason why it got shafted
only good thing is the Gundam X design itself
>>
>>13547040
This, not enough people have watched it. No shitposter's gonna bother when there's almost no one to bait.
>>
>>13547028
>Because it got canceled and everyone feels sorry for it?

Pretty much. People like to pretend it would have turned out much better had it completed its run but that's total bullshit. 0079 had an amazing ending despite being cut short, and was nowhere near as meandering and boring since it had good fight choreography to make up for slowness whereas X is noteworthy for absolutely nothing.
>>
>>13547028
/m/ shits on X all the fucking time.

>mediocre
>boring
>bland
>BIGGEST SNOOZEFEST IN GUNDAM
>>
>>13547028

X is a piece of shit and it's generally acknowledged to be so when it's brought up like this very thread.
>>
>>13547028
Because it isn't popular
>>
>>13547028
What? I made a thread a few days ago talking about how fucking terrible the Frost brothers were.
>>
>>13547038
Yeah this. I'm not sure what you're smoking OP but plenty of people here bash on X for being rushed and by the numbers.

>music is shit

The rest I can live with, but anybody who says this about X is wrong and their subjective opinions are also wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KynoywXtkc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIP7DFjEMBU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgxlCRvSJLI
>>
I sure hope everyone who says X is boring doesn't think Wing is entertaining.
>>
>>13548025
X undeniably has some great tracks, but overall the soundtrack was pretty bland in comparison to most Gundam series.
>>
>>13547028
X is basically the closest timeline to UC without being UC. Its the OYW gone horribly, horribly wrong, not that it wasn't bad enough already.
>>
>>13547028
>Nobody ever says bad world about it
There is a classic answer to this question that has been told to anyone who is not aware of how things go on Cambodian onlne newpaper cartoon board-

Lurk moar
>>
Even if X was my gateway series I haven't rewatched it as often as I wanted to.

Except for the colony laser episode, that was great as fuck
>>
>turn a
>au
>>
I loved X.
>>
>>13547028

I think X is fun. villians are shit though, and they shit suit designs which is even worse
>>
>>13547028
>IBO gets crap because.....I don't know, being more popular then G-Reco, I suppose.
Sure, anyone that's not feeling IBO so far must be a rectard. You're just as defensive as them
Also this entire post is asking why the show doesn't get more shitposting. It doesn't even sound like you've watched it in the first place, so why you are asking I do not know
>>
File: 1439603624560.jpg (80KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
1439603624560.jpg
80KB, 750x600px
>>13547028
It's because X is mediocre yet watchable.

A lot of series tend to stake their claim in a way that one group likes and one group hates.

X avoids this by being all around average such that anyone can watch it and not be terribly disgusted.

There's no magic NT hax, naive UNDERSTANDING or heavy-handed morals. Just a crapsack version of UC and a bunch of characters who're just trying to get by the best they can.

It's not as fun as G and Wing, but as a 90s title X is still a lot better than most of what came after.

The one thing you never see in X is Garrod crying about war, trying to become Gundam, getting by on sheer dumb luck or using godly funnels to DISABLE FUCKING EVERYTHING.

He's the MC /m/ always needed, but not the one it deserves.
>>
X has a really good set-up.
A OYW that went MAD
Non-Newtype MC in a world with Newtypes
A Quattro that's an Amuro instead of a Char
The main crew are just a single ship in a post-apocalyptic world

Shame that it was so meh
>>
X is one of the best AU. It's setting lends itself really well to the meta-theme of 'war is shit' in Gundam, yet was never excessively preachy. All of the core cast gets at least one episode to flesh themselves out, and Garrod is a great MC. I actually liked the Frost Bros, but I do think they make a weak endgame boss. I feel like that it's more a result of the series cancelation, because they never felt like a big enough threat to be the big bads.
>>
>>13547028
>IBO gets crap because.....I don't know, being more popular then G-Reco, I suppose.
Why is it tracking worse than G-Reco then? Its only popular with Americunts who's last Gundam anime was fucking WING.
>>
>>13548268
I don't want to imagine how uncomfortable having sideburns like those would feel.
>>
It's disappointing. You have a post apocalyptic Gundam, but everyone just lives in nice well maintained modern cities with all the comforts and peaceful life. The feddies still run everything and the same old factions show up. The afterwar part of the setting only amounts to a few forgotten pieces of technology.
>>
Now that IBO is out, X is no longer the most boring series so there's that
>>
>>13548698
I liked Wing and think IBO is shit.

It doesn't even have FEATHERED WINGS.
>>
A boring series is worse than a fun piece of shit imo
>>
>>13548268
Me too.

It's my favorite Gundam.
>>
I want to fuck Ennil's brains out, knock her up, and then abandon her soon after the baby is born.
>>
>>13548855
It's not my outright favorite, but it's up there in my top five.
>>
>>13547028
Because no one watched it.
>>
/m/ has been going back and forth on hating and loving X for years (generally; there were always outliers claiming the opposite). The cycle appears to be accelerating.
>>
>>13549484

This happens to every Gundam series, anon.
>>
Tiny fan base of a show that is mostly boring bad not funny interesting bad.

So not much interesting to talk about and not many to defend/get trolled
>>
>>13547028
>G
>Super Robot
Retard detected.

Anyone who thinks that G is a super robot has absolutely zero clue what the fuck he's even talking about.

G Gundam was a wuxia series with robots. That's literally all Imagawa was aiming for.

Not a single super robot trope from the 70s were present in G Gundam, story or character wise.
>>
>>13549700
>So not much interesting to talk about and not many to defend/get trolled

This

In that regard, X is even worse than "bad" shows like SEED Destiny or A/Z

Those kind of shows can create threads upon threads of discussion

X meanwhile is forgotten as people scratch their heads and move on
>>
>>13549658
Yeah, but X has been more obvious than the rest. Z and ZZ might take that crown eventually, but even they've tended to be more mixed most of the time.
>>
File: coming to laugh at you.jpg (65KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
coming to laugh at you.jpg
65KB, 500x375px
>>13547028
>Turn-A gets crap for being too slow/boring and ugly mecha designs
>>
>>13549725

Tiffa, Paula, and Ennil image dumps will get some traction.
>>
File: 1400038918742.jpg (193KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1400038918742.jpg
193KB, 800x800px
>>13549700
>>13549725
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.