[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, let me get this straight. The five gundam engineers,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: latest[1].png (233KB, 472x590px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
233KB, 472x590px
Alright, let me get this straight.

The five gundam engineers, along with some other people, designed the Tallgeese.
The Tallgeese's design later served as the basis for the design of the Wing Zero, which was also made by those five gundam engineers.
Then, the five engineers went their own ways, each designing and making a new gundam based on the Wing Zero.

And yet, the only thing this fucker could think to do was make a fucking Chinese knock-off of the Wing Zero by poorly copying the main features of the gundam and excluding minor features.

This guy's a hack.
>>
Because gods forbid that the main mecha of the series actually look like a main mecha, and that its upgrade not look like a better version of it.
>>
Or he thought the Wing Zero's design was fine as is and just scaled it down to remove the crazy computer and WMD level power but kept everything else.

Since a flight capable Gundam on earth is actually a massive advantage.
>>
>>13542993
He could have just removed the zero system and left the entire design otherwise unchanged.

If you're going to make something that's doesn't do anything different from the base design, why would you make something that does the same things worse?

It was never a point that the Wing Zero had some sort of problem that the Wing Gundam solved by turning the scale down. Never any mention of insufficient power or overheating or anything.
>>
>>13543013
I think it's a collateral damage issue. There are a few scenes where overzealous use of the Buster Rifle causes a lot of destruction to unintended targets. The Twin Buster Rifle, being much more powerful, would have completely ruined any precision strike capabilities the Wing had. The reason it doesn't in the show is probably just because it's mainly used in space where there's plenty of room for the beam to diffuse before it can hit any backdrops.
>>
File: claw-machine.jpg (121KB, 1012x1429px) Image search: [Google]
claw-machine.jpg
121KB, 1012x1429px
>>13543013
Maybe funding or time constraints caused the him to cut some corners

However, I think the most important question is, if a scientist has the knowledge and ability to create some of the most advanced robotics in the galaxy, why would he use a piece of a claw machine for his hand instead of designing a some proper prosthetics?
>>
>>13542868
idk the wing zero was pretty dangerous. it makes sense for him to make a wing lite.
>>
>>13543078
He manually screws on the bolts. It probably has a built-in welding torch, too.
>>
>>13543078
maybe its more practical than four fingers and a thumb. honestly the doctor with the fake nose is the dumbest looking one. there is prosthetic today that look better that that.
>>
File: 7934648512_3882b78205_h.jpg (1010KB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
7934648512_3882b78205_h.jpg
1010KB, 1067x1600px
>>13543078
Why wouldn't you want a claw hand?
>>
>>13542868
Each scientist was an expert in a specific field, and the Gundams they made with their own resistance groups and resources reflect that, because they decided to focus on what they thought was most powerful and remove anything extraneous, i.e. the things the other scientists contributed to Wing Zero.

Dr. J specialized in beam weaponry and designed the buster rifle. He made the Wing Gundam a platform to deliver the Buster Rifle to the battlefield and that's it. That's why it could transform and fly.

Doctor S designed the Heavyarms and his specialty was fire control systems, that is the sensors and interface that control a weapon. Lacking the resources to build beam weapons and taking advantage of ballistic weapons being much simpler to maintain and supply, and thus being easier to mount and control in large numbers, he designed the Heavyarms to just shoot everything.

Professor G, the guy with the bowl-shaped hair and beak-like nose, was able to create a state of the art stealth system by redirecting the power supply from weapons to the stealth cloak. That's why Deathscythe is stuck with the scythe; it's a compromise between a beam saber's power and the range offered by the beam rifle as well as being good for morale purposes.

Master O was an expert in man-machine interface and control systems, and that's why Wufei's Shenlong is all about close-combat. It was designed to be the most maneuverable and agile of the Gundams, and O decided that his weaponry should build on those strengths, rather than compromising it by focusing on something like a Buster Rifle.

Instructor H's contribution to the Wing Zero was the most important, the cooling and power systems, most obviously its wings. As such, the Sandrock was designed for endurance battles with its superior heat management systems and low-power battle style.

They each took what they gave to Wing Zero and built their Gundams around them so that combined, they'd be stronger than just the one Wing Zero.
>>
>>13543013
iirc Wing Zero had the same overtuned problem Tallgeese did, it put enormous strain on the pilot (although some of that was due to the Zero system) because of it's insane output

>>13543076
It's shown pretty well in the show when Quattra goes off the deep end and FUCKS entire satellite settlements though, isn't it?
>>
>>13543254
Why not just give Deathscythe a machine gun, then? Besides the vulcans, I mean.
>>
>>13543275
How useful are machine guns in Gundam Wing?
>>
File: Gundam_Kyrios.jpg (2MB, 2943x4264px) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Kyrios.jpg
2MB, 2943x4264px
>>13543212
Exactly
>>
>>13543261
>iirc Wing Zero had the same overtuned problem Tallgeese did, it put enormous strain on the pilot (although some of that was due to the Zero system) because of it's insane output
I don't recall anything of the sort ever being mentioned and I just rewatched it, other than the effects of the Zero system, of course.
>It's shown pretty well in the show when Quattra goes off the deep end and FUCKS entire satellite settlements though, isn't it?
Only because of the Zero system.
>>
Quatre was the best Wing pilot
>>
>>13543291
Double check when Heero is getting into the thing for the first time, I'm almost certain it was mentioned there. The Zero system just made the overtuned machine actually impossible to manage, rather than simply dangerous.
>Only because of the Zero system
He went nuts over the system, but my point was the destructive capability was more than shown. I was agreeing that the WZ was too broadly destructive to send to Earth, and they knew it.
>>
>>13543306
No, that was Epyon.
>>
>>13543308
Are you certain? I'm talking about the scene where they're breaking out of space prison and Heero jumps into WZ because fuck you, shoots a bunch of things and then blacks out because of Zsystem.
Also, was Epyon not mentioned to be an equal to WZ? I could swear that happened as well.
>>
>>13543306
No, it took a little getting used too, but the gundam being too powerful to use by normal pilots was something that was unique to the tallgeese protoype.
The wing was basically problem free.
The zero system was what fucked them up hardcore though.
>>
>>13543317
>That one brave nameless faceless guy who jumps into the Tallgeese to fuck up some other guys
RIP you glorious motherfucker
>>
>>13543276
Sandrock once destroyed a Taurus just with its vulcans.
>>
>>13543315
>I'm talking about the scene where they're breaking out of space prison and Heero jumps into WZ because fuck you, shoots a bunch of things and then blacks out because of Zsystem.
Are you referring to episode 26, where Hiiro is forced to be a test subject by Trent? They run a battle simulation in the Wing Zero to get data on his piloting abilities, and after a while he goes berserk because of the Zero system and starts actually piloting it and destroying everything. Quattre gets in the Mercurius and the two briefly fight as Quattre tries to stop Hiiro. When Hiiro gets snapped out of it, he behaves like he's going to throw up, and then falls out of the cockpit unconscious.

This is entirely different from the Tallgeese. The Tallgeese was a problem because it could go really fast when flying in the air. It took its toll similar to that of fighter jets. Hiiro's fight in this episode was all on foot, so none of this applied. There was never any mention of any difficulties because of the capabilities of the suit itself, just the effects of the Zero system on the pilot.

Also, this was the episode where Hiiro was glowing gold after he fell out of the cockpit, then Quattre touched him and sucked all the golden glow into himself. What the fuck was that about?
>>
>>13543276
The double mini-guns on the Wing Zero and the sub-machine gun-like weapon on the upgraded Sandrock both killed multiple mobile dolls over the course of their fights, but weren't used very often.
>>
>>13543434
Probably? My memory is fuzzy, my rewatch was over a year ago so the finer details escape me.
>Hiiro was glowing gold after he fell out of the cockpit, then Quattre touched him and sucked all the golden glow into himself
Quattre is gay?
Seriously though, I dunno. It's probably meant to be deliver a particular theme and it didn't get digested proper either because of faulty delivery, or faulty reception.
>>
>>13543441
Wasn't Sandrock's machine gun a beam weapon?
>>
>>13543427
Then why does the Deathscythe need more than Vulcans?
>>
>>13543455
Looks like it, I was just commenting on how it looked just like an oversized modern submachine gun.
>>
>>13543254
>Doctor S designed the Heavyarms and his specialty was fire control systems, that is the sensors and interface that control a weapon. Lacking the resources to build beam weapons and taking advantage of ballistic weapons being much simpler to maintain and supply, and thus being easier to mount and control in large numbers, he designed the Heavyarms to just shoot everything.

Don't official materials flip flop on the Heavyarms' weapons being beam weapons or not?
>>
>>13543254
Okay, so if J did the buster rifle and related necessary accommodations and H did cooling and power, what did S, G, and O contribute toward Wing Zero?
>>
>>13543434

They originally planned on inserting Newtype stuff in but decided against it during the production. Gundam Wing was winged through most of the show,the staff had no idea what they were actually doing.
>>
>>13543254
>Instructor H's contribution to the Wing Zero was the most important, the cooling and power systems, most obviously its wings. As such, the Sandrock was designed for endurance battles with its superior heat management systems and low-power battle style.

Except that's wrong, Instructor H's specialty was literally "software and interfaces". It's even spelled out - ソフトウェアとインターフェース.
>>
>>13543536
S contributed the fire control system obviously. Without it the Zero would never have been able to shoot down the Libra fragment.
>>
>>13543254
>Master O was an expert in man-machine interface and control systems, and that's why Wufei's Shenlong is all about close-combat. It was designed to be the most maneuverable and agile of the Gundams, and O decided that his weaponry should build on those strengths, rather than compromising it by focusing on something like a Buster Rifle.

>>13543586
>>Instructor H's contribution to the Wing Zero was the most important, the cooling and power systems, most obviously its wings. As such, the Sandrock was designed for endurance battles with its superior heat management systems and low-power battle style.
>Except that's wrong, Instructor H's specialty was literally "software and interfaces". It's even spelled out - ソフトウェアとインターフェース.

So Master O and Instructor H designed the Zero System? The Zero System is stated to be able to feed sensory data directly into the pilot's mind, almost exactly like the F91's Biocomputer does.
>>
>>13543614
Okay, but what about G?

Wing Zero never did any stealth.

Never had to reroute power away from weapons, either.
>>
>>13543619
Well here's the thing. Quatre got the plans for Wing Zero from H's files. So either H was the only one to keep a copy of ZERO and the schematics for the robot, or all of them kept a copy and riffed from it.
>>
>>13543632
>or all of them kept a copy and riffed from it.
This one.
>>
>>13543500
Tv ver is beam gattling, ew version actual physical rounds. He's commenting on the miisiles mainly
>>
>>13543627
Goes both ways, rerouting power from the gundam to the weapons. Buster rifle draws from gundams own power reserves for almost unlimited ammo as opposed to single charge ammo capacitors.
>>
>>13543764
I always heard the TBR had its own reactors that were separate from the Gundam itself.
>>
>>13543261
>iirc Wing Zero had the same overtuned problem Tallgeese did, it put enormous strain on the pilot (although some of that was due to the Zero system) because of it's insane output

That's not correct. It actually was even more overtuned that Tallgeese but had enough compensation that it wasn't a problem for the pilot.

All the Gundam's were equal if not superior specwise to Tallgeese, but the pilot roughness issue was unique to it because of it's rather simple design. Mostly that the majority of it's thrust came from the big ass boosters on the backpack which was hard on the pilot.

Wing Zero was too speced in that it was just too powerful and excessive in damage to be useful for the scientist's plans.
>>
>>13543764
If that were the case, it'd have a cable connecting the rifle to the gundam at all time, the same as Epyon's beam sword in comparison to normal beam swords.
>>
>>13543254

> Professor G, the guy with the bowl-shaped hair and beak-like nose, was able to create a state of the art stealth system by redirecting the power supply from weapons to the stealth cloak. That's why Deathscythe is stuck with the scythe; it's a compromise between a beam saber's power and the range offered by the beam rifle as well as being good for morale purposes.

Why would he not use a physical scythe then I wonder, since it'd use even less power and in EW wouldn't have run out of power. It'd also have been less obtrusive when striking from cover.
>>
>>13545009
Yeah he is also actually wrong the Twin Buster Rifle doesn't run off Wing Gundam Zero's reactor it either has its own or (more likely)

Has a far more advanced and compact version of the beam generator/condenser unit found on the Virgo and Vayeate
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.