[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come people don't mention the knightmare frames that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Guren.Nishiki.full.173309.jpg (557KB, 1024x707px) Image search: [Google]
Guren.Nishiki.full.173309.jpg
557KB, 1024x707px
How come people don't mention the knightmare frames that much, despite Code Geass itself getting a lot of attention?

Granted they aren't amazing or anything, but they were pretty cool in their own right.
>>
Because they aren't evas
>>
>>13541333
I absolutely despise them, because they start off reasonable and grounded and become technomagic bullshit.
>>
>>13541333
They look cool on camera, but when you see a figure or graphic of them you see how awkward they look.

I myself LOVED the Guren, but when I started seeing some figures and tamashiis of it I noticed how his proportions are all over the place
>>
>>13541362
>They look cool on camera

My brain is totally fucked today, holy shit
>>
>>13541382
>implying anime isn't real events captured directly from alternate 2D universes
>>
ALEXANDER THE GREAT
>>
Hey SRW fans, does Karen ever say "爆熱ゴードフィンガー?"
>>
>>13541333
Knightmare Frames are never going to be on the same level of popularity as anything from Macross, Gundam or Evangelion, but they are fairly well-known among the second or third tier.

I would say there'a large variety of KMF in Code Geass in terms of great, good, average and bad designs. Something for everyone to like or dislike.
>>
>>13541340
I've come around to liking the Guren SEITEN and Albion ever since the final battle. They look nice in the games too.
>>
>>13541333
>/m/
>actually focusing on the mecha in any particular mecha show
Found the newfag
>>
>>13541362
They're the kind of designs that only looks good when moving. Especially Alexander holy shit.
>>
>>13541333
Code Geass gets a lot of negative attention. Knightmare frames are fairly okay with a decent enough variety of designs, hence they don't get mentioned in that attention unless it's talking about they went from fairly grounded to erryone flying with magic in the course of like a year.
>>
File: Mordred.jpg (124KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mordred.jpg
124KB, 1280x720px
>>13543305
The grunts still had grunt robots, it's just that there were a lot more characters in super robots. Speaking of which, what was up with Morded? I know "little girl in big slow mecha" is pretty popular, but I just felt like the design was too weak.
>>
>>13542038
No
>>
>>13543320
Budget Virtue.
>>
>>13541333
They were cool 10 years ago.
>>
>>13543685
>tfw it's literally been 10 years since Code Geass was announced

where does the time go
>>
>>13543700
If you had a child back then, she'd the perfect age to fuck.
>>
>>13543708
Char pls don't
>>
I loved the KMFs, they've got some great designs and fit the mood of the story pretty well.

Guren will always be my favorite, with the Lancelot and Akatsuki close second and third.
>>
I liked them when they had rollerskates.
>>
>>13541333

Mechs were an afterthought in Geass. Entire episodes would go by without a single mech fight. It wasn't the focus of the series.
>>
File: 4400290759_88603384cc.jpg (229KB, 447x500px) Image search: [Google]
4400290759_88603384cc.jpg
229KB, 447x500px
Ver.Ka for the win. Again.
>>
>>13543892
The manga version which cut them out entirely was pretty horrid, though.
>>
>>13543894
>was pretty horrid, though
Just like the show
>>
Zangetsu stands out to me as an KMF that didn't really look like butts when you really stared it down.
I love the Guren, especially for the Radiant wave surger, but the proportions throw me off terribly, especially in comparison to the football star KMF Lancelot in all it's incarnations.
I mean, the good news is that at least design and function went together, or something?
>>
File: 1439826127979.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1439826127979.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>13541340
But they're so pretty.
>>
>>13543305
Actually closer to two years, since Code Geass S1 and R2 both took up several months beyond the year between them.
>>
>>13543892
That's the absolute minority of episodes. The vast majority of the show actually did have robots in them, regardless of what Code Geass season we're talking about. Eve the school festivals had excuses for robots to appear.

>>13543894
>>13543910
Except the manga is significantly worse than the show, so that's the problem.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.