[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone watching Concrete Revolutio? I mean, it's basically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 14

File: 1447606614835.jpg (309KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447606614835.jpg
309KB, 1280x720px
Anyone watching Concrete Revolutio?
I mean, it's basically /m/: the anime.
>>
Yes, I still don't know what the actual plot is, though.
>>
Yeah, but making the OP that question has a low chance of fostering any discussion on it.
>>
>>13517087
The government is attempting to manipulate superheroes to their benefit via a shadowy agency, while trying to make conventional use of superpowered sources such using kaiju/kaijin as weapons of war.

Eventually some big shit happens and Jiro goes rogue. What'd he go rogue over? Wait and find out.
>>
>>13517189
It just feels like one of those shows that slips by unnoticed. The ammount of references and situations would surely interest most people around these parts.

>>13517201
I like how they manage to convey the message in the "story of the week" while slowly presenting the overarching storyline and even with the several time displacements on each episode it doesn't become a clusterfuck like Punchline.
>>
Would you an Earth chan?
>>
My favorite character so far.
>>
>Kikko literally corrupting Earth-chan with drugs
Worst Girl.
>>
>>13517201
>The government is attempting to manipulate superheroes to their benefit via a shadowy agency

You forgot the part where it's all being done by aliens.
>>
>>13517883
She's a "witch" Devil who gets people to unknowingly sign over their souls when she helps them.

Of course she's worst girl.
>>
I gave the first episode a go and have no idea what the fuck is happening
>>
>>13517904
I don't have the chart someone made of the time line, but its basically split in the past and the future with a couple years difference in between. In the past, Jiro is an agent of a Japanese government agency that manages and protects super powered beings, including super heroes. Behind the scenes, the government and agency is actually manipulating events in order to make the heroes look good and push political agendas Its actually aliens running things. Their plan or purpose isn't known yet.

In the future, something has happened and Jiro has split off from the agency and gone rogue, although why isn't known yet. Super powered beings are strictly monitored and there is apparently a reward for reporting any unregistered one. Jiro is attempting to round up a group of people to help him take down his former agency.

There's other things too but that's the main plot so far.
>>
Reminder that Earth-chan was originally designed as a sadism-bot.
>>
>>13517087
Pretty much Darker than black
>>
>>13517933
Kikko is stupid.
Saying she's a sadist bot because she was made to help people in trouble is like saying Doctors make people sick on purpose to treat them.
>>
>>13517065
no
i heard it was bones shit
>>
>>13517933
That's hot
>>
>>13517900
Samurai Flamenco?
>>
>>13517065
>/m/ the anime
>car horse is barely in it
>>
>>13518547
It's just a tokufag
>>
>>13517065
I am really liking it, you just need to get used to the pace of the series. I also like how some of the episodes are based in real japanese historical events from the 60's - 70's.
For some reason, even with all references in the series about kaijus, toku series, old mangas and animes, like Astro Boy, Keiji K, Eighth Man, Kikaider etc etc, it didn't hit that hard here on /m/.

But that's okay, we always have the /a/ Concrete Revolution thread in the weekends.
>>
File: 1447598274310.png (573KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
1447598274310.png
573KB, 500x680px
>>13518547
>>13518549
>not!Kikaider
>not!Astroby

Eh, whatever. Just wait for the next episode
>>
>>13517939
No, she was made to take pleasure from people crying out for help.
>>
>>13517939
Kikko is the one who thought that she was made to help people. The others correct her, saying that because Earth-chan derrives power and pleasure from that brain/energy wave given off by people crying for help (in other words, people suffering) she was most likely built to spread suffering to get more and more energy and pleasure. Helping people actually stops the wave from being given off. Earth-chan is just nice on her own despite her original purpose.
>>
>>13518745
You forgot not!Detective K.
>>
So known future state of every Superbeing

>Kikko
Still working for the government?

>Fuurouta
Agent of the government

>Jiro
Leader of a rebellion

>Grosse Augen
Well, the human part of him is in the body of an alien and fighting with the rebellion

>Android Megasshin
With the rebellion, last seen helping save Earth-chan

>Detective Shiba
Third party, hates Japan/ the World now

>Mountain Horse
Retired as heroes, they just want people to laugh ;_;

>Judas
with the Rebellion rescuing Earth-Chan

>Earth-Chan
being rescued by the rebellion

I wonder if the Bugmen or actual Grosse Augen will make a return
>>
>>13518097
I doubt it. Nobody's been accidentally FLAMWENCO yet.
>>
>>13519327
Grosse Augen is gone for good I think.

I'm expecting that half human half alien scientist guy behind the military kaiju to take a more central role somehow. They keep bringing him up and briefly showing him but he himself hasn't really done anything, nor have his kaiju. Their existing has just been involved in the driving force behind a couple of the episode plots.
>>
>>13519374
I have a bad feeling the plot's going to start with either Master Ultima or another hero getting murdered by the Bureau.

>Or they put Equus out of his misery
>>
>>13519379
I notice Jiro's dad hasn't been shown or mentioned at all post timeskip...
>>
File: Equus.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Equus.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
>>13519384
Maybe both of them are linked.

>Father Killed
>Equus destroyed in battle
>Superhuman registration/subjugation

I don't blame Jiro for leaving the cast.

>Equus still should get a bipedal upgrade later in the story.
>>
>>13519399
>Making Equus bipedal

But then it would just be another generic mech. Also, I want a model kit of it badly, but I doubt it will ever get one. The series doesn't seem popular enough.
>>
>>13517065
I'm not touching it until it's over.
>>
>>13519407
I want a model kit of it too and I only considered the bipedal thing MAYBE as a last stand moment for the robot.
>>
The bureau and government are pushing to sign Japan up for those military Kaiju. The purpose of the whole promoting heroes through defeating kaiju thing was to build up heroes reputation and credability with fighting kaiju so the government could get them to support the kaiju as weapons to influence public opinion on the issue, as we saw last episode with Earth-chan.

With this plan failing due to Earth-chan refusing to cooperate, in order to show that the military Kaiju are needed, the bureau are going to force Jiro to go full berserk mode kaiju (As we've already seen they can do with that injection) and rampage around, with the military kaiju coming in to defeat him.

This is where I'm split on what happens next. Either Jiro actually overpowers the military Kaiju but gets his power under control (as we've seen he can do in the timeskip fight), being scape goated for the incident and branded a criminal, or he is successfully overpowered, with the kaiju being brought in and super powered beings being more closely monitored, and Jiro escaping after realizing he'd been used. The purpose of the plan being to spread the military kaiju around Japan, with the aliens actually being able to control them in order to eventually use them as their own weapons for a full scale invasion.
>>
Is this going to be a 12-episode series?
>>
>>13519421
That would probably be wise. The way the story is told probably makes it better for marathoning.
>>
>>13519507
I've been hearing 26 episodes from several sources.
>>
>>13519327
>the Bugmen
They're dead
>>
>>13519614
but not the Queen
>>
>>13519606
I sure hope so. I can't imagine this working out in a 12 episode format.
>>
>>13519407
Maybe Bandai will make a Robot Damashii of it. Heroman got one.
>>
File: CUBoBEhU8AIjfJ2.jpg orig.jpg (144KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
CUBoBEhU8AIjfJ2.jpg orig.jpg
144KB, 1000x1414px
Sleep tight, Sputnik Becky.
>>
File: Niconico reaction.png (325KB, 677x448px) Image search: [Google]
Niconico reaction.png
325KB, 677x448px
Reactions to the show have been largely positive.

Shame that the Anime Consortium Japan has adopted this weird strategy to sell the first volume BD with only one episode.

Can't wait for Equus and Gigander 7 in the next episode. I wonder if they're going to fight against each another as implied by the opening, or not.
>>
File: CRCabFaUcAEBM3A.jpg orig.jpg (83KB, 1024x644px) Image search: [Google]
CRCabFaUcAEBM3A.jpg orig.jpg
83KB, 1024x644px
>>13519327
>Well, the human part of him is in the body of an alien and fighting with the rebellion
The human host of Grosse Augen and who now controls the body of the "S" Planetarian is called Akira Shirota.
>>
This was by far the best episode so far - strong episodic story also tying it very well with the main cast, including new revelations about Kikko.

>>13517939
>because she was made to help people in trouble
If she had been made for that, she'd get pleasure out of people being happy, not out of people's pain.
>>
If only not those dot patterns.
>>
File: 20151120_1.jpg (134KB, 1300x921px) Image search: [Google]
20151120_1.jpg
134KB, 1300x921px
>神化26年ごろから目撃されるようになった少女タイプの超人。普段は手足を引きこみ、球形にアンテナがついたスタイルに変形して低軌道衛星高度に滞空している。危機に陥った人の脳が発する特定の脳波に反応し、虹色の光跡を描きながら降下して独自に悪と認定した者と戦う。動力は太陽光発電。製造者の正体と真意は定かではない。

Earth-chan was first sighted in the year Shinka 26, which would be approximately 1951, if the Showa = Shinka date corresponds.
This would be earlier than the launch of the real-world Sputnik Satellite by the Sowjetunion, which was in 1957. On the other hand, Astroboy was launched 1952.

The identity and nature of Earth-chan's creator is a mystery.

With Conrevo mainly taking place around Shinka 41-42 (1966-1967), Earth-chan's been in service since 16 years or so.
>>
>>13526446
the cutest
>>
File: 20151016_2.jpg (343KB, 1300x1800px) Image search: [Google]
20151016_2.jpg
343KB, 1300x1800px
Tomorrow, one of the most important questions ever will be answered.
What is better? Super robots, or transforming mech cars?
>>
>>13531292
Sounds like a win for Supers either way
>>
>>13522630
>>13526446
>Sputnik is a cute little kid.
>>
File: Crush the Earth-chan.jpg (371KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Crush the Earth-chan.jpg
371KB, 1280x720px
>>13534797
>Earth-chan has been successfully repaired
Yay.
>Is in danger of being crushed to pieces
No.
Give Sputnik a break.
>>
So is Gigander actually a mech?
>>
>>13536632
He's more of a metal puppet.

Or a metal slime.
>>
>>13536632
Its just a lump of regular metal. The groups leader has the power to control and shape metals. He was just shaping their weapons into a robot and moving it around with his power.
>>
>>13538014
Living the dream
>>
So what was the deal with all those helmets? Did Gigander (Rex FE) go on some kind of killing spree?
>>
>>13517065

I like it but the nonlinear way the story is told is starting to get annoying. Literally don't give a fuck about the past, what's going on in the future and what caused it
>>
>>13540422
I'd guess so, yes.

Getting rid of illegal aliens.
>>
File: spaceboy.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spaceboy.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
Who is this guy supposed to be?
>>
>>13540642
Still haven't found anything yet on wikipedia. The closest thing I would have gotten is Captain Ultra (1967), but he doesn't ride space bikes.
>>
>>13540434
They have to ditch that style in about 1-2 episodes. They can't keep it up for the finale. That just won't work.
>>
>>13540856
Last episode was Shinka 43. Jirou leaves the bureau at Shinka 44, so we're getting closer to it.

That will be the finale for season 1, I'd guess.
>>
>>13540898
>season 1
Is there supposed to be a second one? Must have missed that.
>>
>>13541043
It's a rumor/wishful thinking because the story seems to be setting itself for a "resolution" in a second cour/season.
>>
>>13541043
All sources say that this show is 2 cours. The official website only lists 13 episodes for now, so it's assumed that this is a split cours show, with season 1 being the first cours, and the second cours then being season 2, like in Akagami no Shirayuki-hime's case, which will have the second cours start Winter 15/16.
>>
>>13541062
But Akagami was announced as a split cour before it started airing, like a few days before. There's nothing about Concerte Revolutio except for rumors. Officially it will only have 13 episodes.
>>
>>13541079
Let's change the example then. What about Hitsugi no Chaika?
>>
>>13541090
It was announced before episode six aired. Like I said, just rumors and wishful thinking.
>>
>>13541079
Bones has officially said the show would run half a year. That sounds like 2-cour to me.
>>
>>13541588
And your source is?
>>
>>13541591
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-01/fullmetal-alchemist-staff-makes-superhero-anime-concrete-revolutio/.89955
>>
>>13541838
Sourced at Yaraon & Otakomu, and only Yaraon states that it will have two cours. Otakomu just says that the anime would start in October.

Now, don't get me wrong, I would love if this anime is indeed two cours (or even a split cour) but there aren't any credible sources for it at the moment.
>>
>>13523057
jesus christ why do the nips hate it THAT much, ive never seen nico nico ratings so low
>>
>>13545840
But isn't 1 the highest rating?
>>
>>13546845
Yes.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.