[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Haman really a "well-written" character in Zeta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 24

File: Haman_Karn_(Unimpressed).png (661KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Haman_Karn_(Unimpressed).png
661KB, 960x720px
Is Haman really a "well-written" character in Zeta or is it just waifufags spamming this?
>>
>>13515122
Beta LOW TEST babby's first fem-dom
>>
File: Glemy 3.jpg (132KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
Glemy 3.jpg
132KB, 720x720px
>>13515122
Don't make me go Glemy on this thread too.
>>
>>13515122
No.
Yes.
>>
>>13515135
There isn't enough glem art and you know it.
>>
>>13515122
I asked my dick.

It says yes to both.
>>
She's well written, also muh strong female in chinese cartoon gives her brownie points from a certain crowd
>>
File: 1396419542729.png (645KB, 514x761px) Image search: [Google]
1396419542729.png
645KB, 514x761px
>>13515122
In original Zeta I felt she kind of had an underwhelming presence. You could tell there was more to her and how she'd shape the political landscape but nothing really panned out. She got overshadowed by the Titans and Jovians and used as Char bait/jilted ex revenge. ZZ is where she gets a lot more interesting but also more waifu-tier.
>>
>>13515122
No, she's extremely flat and doesn't really have much personality/motivation to her character. In Zeta, she was just some unrepentantly evil bitch who Kamille hated. In ZZ, she was just around to chase after jewdough's dick and get scared.
>>
>>13515122
No. Zeta is't a terribly well written story either
>>
No, she's very well written but most females in Gundam aren't.

Her appeal comes from her competence as a mecha pilot and how she usually won't take shit from others.
>>
>>13515429
>le mad zz fag
>>
>>13515122
>Is Haman really a "well-written" character in Zeta
Not really

Not that I don't enjoy her in it but she was a bit nothing in terms of personality. She is just obviously a manipulative and some kind of bad but doesn't take this any direction enough
>>
>>13515443
What gave you the impression I was mad?
>>
>>13515122
IBO already had better characters 7 episodes in. Tomino characters are never well-written.
>>
>>13515482
>IBO
>good characters
>>
>>13515193
Strong Anime females are ten a penny
>>
Haman Karn is well written in Zeta, it's only ZZ where her character becomes irrational but most characters in ZZ are pretty irrational so it fits that show's theme.
>>
>>13515495
>IBO
>not good characters

That show is amazing so far.
>>
>>13515443
>implying anyone has even seen ZZ
>>
>>13515457
>randomly inject Zeta insult (totally not mad)
>post image reaction where you have the filename saved to specifically inject another Zeta insult (totally not mad)
Hm I wonder
>>
>>13515513
I don't think you're even allowed on this board if you haven't seen the UC trilogy
>>
File: 1447548035423.jpg (193KB, 881x675px) Image search: [Google]
1447548035423.jpg
193KB, 881x675px
>>13515520
I only see the first ~5 eps of all the series, too boring.
I wiki the rest.
OVAs are fun tho
>>
>>13515520
>UC trilogy
Which is MSG, Zeta: ANT and CCA
>>
>>13515516
I'm not mad at all. I was just making fun of show I don't particularly like, because the opportunity presented itself. You're the one who's mad here. I mean G-d forbid anyone has a legitimate reason to not like Zeta
>>
>Tomino
>writing good women

He's a well known misogynist
>>
>>13515571
>(totally not mad)
>>
>>13515576
>muh soggy knees
back to tumblr
And he isn't even misogynistic, did you even watch Reco?
>>
File: lady haman.png (647KB, 1032x760px) Image search: [Google]
lady haman.png
647KB, 1032x760px
>>13515122
She won the war in Zeta,constantly switching sides and threatning both the Titans and AEUG.
She's a manipulative, inteligent, strong leader in Zeta who wants to use the Zabis for her own ends. She's even willing to kill Char, her former partner and "lover", for her own ends. It is hinted that she wants Char next to her for personal reasons.

In ZZ she's a lonely child that wants to rule the world together with someone who, on her eyes, is suitable to rule with. She kills herself for no reason, instead of escaping and re-organizing her troops. She becomes retarded everytime she's near Judo. One time she shoot his sister when trying to recruit him to her cause. She also ran away and cried when she saw Judo's Stand. She's horny and wants to substitute Char with some random newtype kid.Judao being a mary sue fucks up her character.
She loses half of her troops to some imbecile, low tier noble, when she's supposed to be this great leader in the eyes of her people.
>>
>>13515584
no u
>>
File: turn sjw.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
turn sjw.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>13515576
>misogynist
>known for making one of the most SJW animes of all time, Turn-A Gundam
>>
File: Turn-A Gundam Art Works -009.jpg (1MB, 3200x2298px) Image search: [Google]
Turn-A Gundam Art Works -009.jpg
1MB, 3200x2298px
>>13515614
But they hate Turn A because their self-insert character got kuk'd and Loran ended up with the princess. They'll go so far and spew their headcanon shit that Diana dies, Sochie throws the toy into the river to summon Loran and whatever drivel they can come up with.
>>
File: 1206410193917.jpg (50KB, 417x432px) Image search: [Google]
1206410193917.jpg
50KB, 417x432px
>>13515624
>trying to assert that sochie is a sjw insert despite his diana literally being queen of the moon and more apt to being a sjw insert
>dianafag literally this mad about SRW blowing him out after arguing for years against the obvious that he has to randomly insert his bitching about it despite it having nothing to do with what he was replying to
Oh my god lol
>>
>>13515614
Is Turn A the most PROGRESSIVE anime??
>>
How about, for once in your fucking miserable lives, one of you actually elaborates on your position and provides justification of examples of your claims instead of tossing around single sentence declarative statements.

I don't even care whether it is for or against. Just pretend, for one post, that you have something worthwhile to contribute to a conversation.
>>
>>13515591
>when she's supposed to be this great leader in the eyes of her people.

And that's precisely why she's a terrible character: she has about as much charisma as a cardboard box. Pretty much every other evil leader in early UC was more believable in their position simply because they actually got their voices out to their troops whereas she mainly sat there doing nothing.
>>
File: 1446556238497.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1446556238497.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>13516152
on the phone
one finger typing
its enough
>>
File: madmarine_stop.jpg (126KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
madmarine_stop.jpg
126KB, 500x500px
>>13516638
>>
File: Glemy (1).gif (222KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
Glemy (1).gif
222KB, 448x336px
>>13516223
>>
>>13516152
Because whatever proper discussions that can be had has already happened. This is a very old show, in case you didn't realize. Proper justifications has been way too many times in the past. It only seem like it never happened to you because you're new and won't get the frustration of seeing the same shit for the 100th time.

And of course for shits like you bitching about there being not justifications for the 100th time.
>>
File: vast.jpg (24KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
vast.jpg
24KB, 500x375px
>>13516223
She did waste a lot of time with Mashmyre,so i guess she probably hanged out with the others in command in order to gain their loyalty.
Haman was probably seen as a manipulative,cold bitch who was only using Mineva by most of the soldiers. It doesn't help that she never allowed people to get close, so in return they became scared of her.
>>
>>13515122
Pretty shitty, actually.

As far as anime goes, though, she's pretty standard.
>>
>>13515614
But if Turn A proved one thing, it's that men are so much better than women they're even better than women at being women
>>
File: 1378810613277.gif (237KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1378810613277.gif
237KB, 500x281px
>>13515507
>IBO
>amazing
>>
>>13516738
Totally looks like a black and purple dick from the thumbnail
>>
>>13516794
Caitlyn Jenner already proved that men are literally superior to women when it comes to being a woman, even women agree.
>>
File: B8_too_hard_m8.jpg (44KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
B8_too_hard_m8.jpg
44KB, 1280x720px
>>13515482
>>13515507
>>
>>13515224
I think she's always a pretty good character. She is a good example of a waifu tier character (fleshed out in ZZ and comics) who is a badass most of the time (how she's seen in Zeta and still seen most places). Deep down she is pure as snow like Lalah though.
>>
File: 1425642121131.jpg (178KB, 460x526px) Image search: [Google]
1425642121131.jpg
178KB, 460x526px
ZZ and IBO >>> Zeta and Reco desu fampai
>>
>>13516794
>>13518201
Fuck of Guin
>>
Zeta directly shows Haman's conflicting inner nature when Kamille and she mind meld and afterwards when Kamille's about to kill her, so I'm not sure how she's simply a manipulative evil cunt in Zeta.
>>
>>13518527
there's 2 kinds of Hamanfags - those who like Haman, and Zetafags who didn't get her character.
>>
>>13516699

> I can't think of anything new to add, might as well shitpost until the end of time

A better solution would be to ban discussion of Gundam's that came out before a certain date. At least that wouldn't fill up the board with bullshit like you want to.
>>
>>13516152
/v/-style posting has taken over /m/. It's literally over.
>>
>>13515122
>is it just waifufags spamming this?
Definitely that.
>>
File: tomino_impact.jpg (17KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tomino_impact.jpg
17KB, 640x480px
>>13515660
>implying a strong female character that pilots a mobile suit with a pixie cut isn't the epitome of tumblr-tier self insert
>implying anything in SRW is even canon
What special kind of retardation am I even reading?
>>
>>13519114
I don't think Sochie is a "strong female character" in the sjw/tumblr sense
>>
>>13519114
>he's back
top kuk this dianafag
>>
>>13518530
I'm in the first camp
>>
>>13515660

> Dianna and Loran are living together in the finale and only Dianna is wearing a wedding ring as per Japanese tradition - somehow not a couple
> Sochiefags still saying that their ship is obvious despite never being able to provide a shred of proof from the show
> Sochiefags being so desperate for validation they use SRW as proof
>>
>>13522577
>Dianna is wearing a wedding ring
You mean the ring from Will Game

>> Sochiefags still saying that their ship is obvious despite never being able to provide a shred of proof from the show
They literally kiss

Next you'll try Dianna totally isn't dying despite her saying her body is weak from being frozen all the time and she wants to spend the time she has left on earth (it's when they are running to go find out about the dark history in the cryo ball things). Yep she totally had that cane for fun!
>>
>>13522606
>she wants to spend the time she has left on earth
This is literally her entire motivation for coming down to Earth in the first place and yet >>13522577 doesn't even realize that
>>
>>13522606

> they literally kiss

Yea, while she's in tears. Before her heads off to live alone with another woman he spends the majority of the series with and who's wearing a wedding band she never has in the entire rest of the show. And then Sochie throws away the one remaining possession of his she has while screaming and crying. So convincing.

Will Game never gives her a ring, she never says she's weak or that she's dying and the entire population of the Moon are regularly frozen. In fact I can post a screencap of the conversation you're thinking Off in an hour or so to show you that you're wrong if you want. She didn't have a cane for fun, she had it cause it was snowing.

What other lies do you have?
>>
>>13522650
>Will Game never gives her a ring
This guy
>>
>>13522660

The truth is funny yea. If you think he does though, then post a cap. Or a timestamp. Technically he never even proposes, only says he will when he greets back. He never gets back though.
>>
>>13522650
>Yea, while she's in tears
>And then Sochie throws away the one remaining possession of his she has while screaming and crying.
Oh it's like they are being separate while in love and that makes her sad. I like how being sad now means characters aren't in love

>In fact I can post a screencap of the conversation you're thinking Off in an hour or so to show you that you're wrong if you want
If you were wondering it is episode 42 a bit past 19 minutes

>"while I was asleep for much of it, this body of mine has been alive for hundreds of years. Therefore, I can't be quite as energetic as you, Miss Kihel. I wanted to return and live out the rest of my life, up till my death"
This is just after her breathing very deeply after a bit of running and sounding like she is gonna have a heart attack. She literally says her body is hundreds of years old and is too weak to keep up

You can't even remember her getting the ring and think she married Loran despite them sleeping in different beds. Just give up
>>
>>13522690

Oh hey, you found the right conversation. And then butchered it to make it suit your argument, leaving out the fact she clarifies that she wants to live out a normal lifespan the same as anyone else. She never says she's weak there, only that she's not fit. She also doesn't sound even close to a heart attack.

Oh, and you also ignored the fact the entire population if the Moon regularly goes in to cryogenic sleep and the show outright confirms it.

How convenient.
>>
>>13522706
>And then butchered it to make it suit your argument,
No that is literally it word for word. Lifespan is never said, the best you have is she says she wants to age and die. In fact she brings up death a lot in this bit, seems to be on her mind. I wonder why, it's almost like she knows that she doesn't have much time left or something

> She never says she's weak there
> this body of mine has been alive for hundreds of years. Therefore, I can't be quite as energetic as you, Miss Kihel.
What do you think this means apart from my body is hundreds of years old so is weak? She very clearly blames her body being 100 years old for her not being energetic, not a lack of gains

>the Moon regularly goes in to cryogenic sleep and the show outright confirms it.
And you ignored that she has done it many times which is why her body is fucked
>>
File: 01 - It's Dianna, not Dieanna.jpg (860KB, 1366x4608px) Image search: [Google]
01 - It's Dianna, not Dieanna.jpg
860KB, 1366x4608px
>>13522742

> No that is literally it word for word. Lifespan is never said
> except for the two sentences I forgot that come afterwards and add some context
> Aging gradually, and eventually dying like any normal person would. I wanted to allow at least a few members of the Moonrace to share that experience with me.

What's this, the stuff you said isn't there is actually there? What a shock. And she talks about aging gradually and dying like any normal person? Well, I mean, maybe she just means that that's a wish of hers? Except that's not true either, since she doesn't talk about it in a wistful manner, but in a matter of fact way and expresses a desire to share that same experience with other Moonrace people too. Unless you think she's going to murder some Moonrace folks to give them an early death too.

All she means is that she lacks energy. I lack energy too anon. It's not because I'm hundreds of years old and dying - it's because I don't work out much. And neither does she, given that she's a state figurehead who's actions are normally controlled by several other people like Agrippa, including when she goes in and out of cryosleep.

I'll make a seperate thread and post up a big effort thing with lots of other stuff to refute it in a while though, so as we're not shitting up this Haman thread.
>>
>>13522856
How is it not word for word when I wrote what she said? I even talk about the next bit in that last post. In fact I don't have to address any of what you said as I talk about it there. Your argument is bollocks and based on how you think she says stuff

>All she means is that she lacks energy.I lack energy too anon. It's not because I'm hundreds of years old and dying
She clearly says
>this body of mine has been alive for hundreds of years.
>THEREFORE
>I can't be quite as energetic as you, Miss Kihel.
It is very clearly blamed on her weak old body. Again this body is old THEREFORE I can't be energetic

>I'll make a seperate thread
Don't bother, no one cares as people understand this shit and I ain't responding any more.
>>
>>13522885

> How is it not word for word when I wrote what she said?

It's not word for word if you leave out part of the exact same speech. The other two sentences are part of the same thing she's saying to Kihel and you left them off, which is editing it for your own purposes and thus not word for word.

> I even talk about the next bit in that last post.

You talked about it in the vaguest terms and act as if it changes nothing, when it actually does.

> In fact I don't have to address any of what you said as I talk about it there

You don't have to if you don't want to, but you didn't address what I was saying really.

> Your argument is bollocks and based on how you think she says stuff

And yours is different? You interpret "I don't have quite as much energy as you" as "Kihel, I'm dying". Which isn't actually what she's saying or even close to it. All she says is that she's older and not as energetic. Which means, at the worst, she's older and not as energetic.

Also, 3 episodes later Kihel muses that it's more to do with the different hardships they have each endured and Harry thinks that Kihel herself is becoming less energetic despite never going in to cryosleep. Oh, and then we have Corin who's been in and out of cryosleep for thousands of years, going back to before the advent of the Moonrace and yet he has no issues with energy - only mental issues. And he's the most physically fit person in the show.
>>
>implying a gundam princess can sleep in separate beds with a gundam pilot without her pussy getting wet
>>
>>13522606
>ring from Will Game
[citation needed]
We've had this discussion before. There's no evidence the ring is from Will Game; nadda, zilch, zero. Why do the mentally retarded keep believing this shit?
>>
>>13527418
They literally retrieved the ring during the will game arc.
>>
File: Wills non-engagement.jpg (402KB, 1366x2303px) Image search: [Google]
Wills non-engagement.jpg
402KB, 1366x2303px
>>13527453

How could they retrieve a ring when he never gives her one? Here, here's his "proposal". Notice he doesn't actually propose. He says he will propose when he gets back and she says she'll accept but he never actually proposes, he never gives her a ring and he never returns so she never gets one. She's not wearing a ring at any point during the arc, she never retrieves one and she never throws one away because she never received one in the first place. She's not even wearing one during the present at any point outside of the epilogue.

Unless you're going to dig up a picture of the ring you can stop trying to pretend it exists because it doesn't.
>>
Are people actually deluded enough to believe Loran and Dianna are engaged at the end of Turn A? They never once act like a couple, Loran has the same platonic reverence for her he had since the start of the series.
>>
>>13527453
Oh, so you've never seen the show. Good to know.
>>
>>13528144

People in series are deluded enough to pass comment on it on a couple of occasions. He starts the series showing reverence for he, he finishes the series being respectful but talking to her as an equal, and she him. Let's also not forget that while he white knights the hell out of her, she literally does the exact same for him. It is far from a one way street in that regard. Not to mention that the two of them share a mutual understanding of each others motives and desires at any given time, much more so than any other two people in the series. Even without newtype powers.

Oh, and she's wearing a ring on the correct finger of the correct hand to be an engagement ring in the finale. And never had one outside that moment in the entire show. So yea, that helps too.

It's not like this'd even be the first time that Tomino wrote two people to be a couple in the finale of a show without much build-up even if you want to ignore the build up in the actual show itself. Remember the end of ZZ? Yea. No-one questions that Judau and Roux end up together regardless of how little build up it had in the show.
>>
File: 1425152162273.png (446KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1425152162273.png
446KB, 640x480px
>Haman's death was played as genuine tragedy, leaving even her enemy shocked
>Glemy's death is basically played for comedy and he's forgotten within seconds

What now Glemkeks?
>>
>still arguing over this
SRW already played out the expanded ending. It's over.
>>
>>13528196
Yes, because SRW is well-known for always staying 100% true to the original and never deviating from canon.
>>
File: Ameijin Laughs.jpg (415KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Ameijin Laughs.jpg
415KB, 960x540px
>>13528196

> using SRW as a source
>>
>>13528196

nice one neo-/m/
>>
File: 09bb2bbc[1].jpg (20KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
09bb2bbc[1].jpg
20KB, 480x320px
>>13528182
>Glemy's death is basically played for comedy

There are people who have actually watched the show you know.
>>
>>13528342

>That single tear from Roux over Glemy

ZZ was such a piece of shit.
>>
>>13528964
It's fucking hilarious though.
>Hey you're not supposed to be sad over your sister's apparent death, but I get to mourn my creepy stalker.

Why do people like Roux Louka again?
Sure she has balls, but apparently she thinks with them too.
>>
>>13529042
>Why do people like Roux Louka again?

Character design, maybe also her VA.

She's a weak character with nothing really resembling an arc. She had that thing with abandoning the Argama for a completely inane reason I can't remember outside the impression of stupidity. Something relating to Judau and his skill.
>>
>>13529042
>Why do people like Roux Louka again?
The same reason why people like a lot of bad characters: their design. People are shallow.
>>
File: yoshiko sakakibara.jpg (76KB, 225x307px) Image search: [Google]
yoshiko sakakibara.jpg
76KB, 225x307px
>>13515446

I agree, I found i had that issue with Zeta/ZZ but I did enjoy Yoshiko Sakakibara's performance.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.