[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Dairanger dvds are out, anyone pick it up? from the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

So Dairanger dvds are out, anyone pick it up?

from the first few episodes, translations are pretty good, not many complaints.
>>
>>13511689
delayed
>>
>>13512051
not anymore
http://www.amazon.com/Gosei-Sentai-Dairanger-Complete-Hamura/dp/B0145UQS1A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447717386&sr=8-1&keywords=dairanger
>>
>>13512134
Does Megs know about this?
https://twitter.com/MegaAnon/status/665286415140454400
>>
They really really should have tried more with the cover art...
>>
I know I want to get it. Gives more chances of various toku actually coming over stateside.
>>
>>13515583
Toku is a sub-niche at best. There isn't much of a market to justify it.
>>
>>13515683
yeah, it must be because it doesn't sell that shout keeps selling more of it
>>
>>13515583
Problem is Shout only sells stuff to the US market, and a lot of toku fans are in Europe and South America
>>
>>13515834
Back in the 80's maybe, but I doubt there's any nowadays.

>>13515788
Yeah, a couple thousand at best. It's why they didn't make any effort in the cover art to attract casuals.
>>
>>13515840
>Yeah, a couple thousand at best. It's why they didn't make any effort in the cover art to attract casuals.

Yes, because the profitability of something is more likely to affect the box art than the chances of that something being done at all.
>>
>>13515683
>>13515840
Have you fucking seen Shout's library? They pretty much subsist entirely on selling older, incredibly niche old TV series and cult classics. Do you think they give a damn? Those fuckers have an Ultra Q boxset available for fuck's sake. Even Ultraman fans don't remember Ultra Q half the time.
>>
>>13511689

My copy arrived from Amazon, earlier than I had expected since they were saying the 24th, so that was nice. I've only been able to watch two episodes so far.
>>
>>13511689
My Local Walmart had the Zyu DVDs for some reason, no luck on these though.
>>
>>13515574
>>13515840
>watching based on the box art
>>
>>13516619
I'm actually curious how they even manage to stay in business. It's Shout a front for another shaddy company perhaps?
>>
>>13517017
Because niche properties like the ones they focus on are usually dirt cheap to get the rights, not that expensive to get out there, and don't need a lot of sales to break even. Also a lot of those old obscure shows and movies they put out are probably ones they get the rights to in package deals with other, more lucrative ones that can more than make up the difference.
>>
>>13517017
they do good trade on what they sell, especially their MST3k stuff
>>
>>13517090

The nice thing about niche markets is that you're not competing for the broad base. Sony's releases have to compete with Disney's, because they're both targeting the same broad demographics. If Spider-Man and The Avengers come out on the same day then Sony loses and the people who don't buy Spider-Man on that day are probably just going to forget that Spider-Man is even a thing. They spend tons of money on ads and market research to ensure that people buy their product instead of the other company's.

Shout's not competing with them. The people who buy Dairanger were going to buy Dairanger no matter what. There's nobody else that's competing for that money, it's just there for the taking. The big studios don't care, though, because it's not enough money for them to care about.
>>
>Watch Ep 1
>Left the title as "Gosei Sentai Dairanger"
>OP says "Gosei Sentai Dairanger"
>"Maybe it's just for the OP...
>Roll call still says "Gosei Sentai"
You can tell they definitely looked at TVN's scripts for this. Such a fucking shame they outsource this to a third party company instead of getting real translators and editors.

This would be like buying Gundam DVDs and seeing the subs read "Kidou Senshi Gundam"
>>
>>13517821
>This would be like buying Gundam DVDs and seeing the subs read "Kidou Senshi Gundam"
something only tismos would spaz about?
>>
>>13517821
Man, I love Chou Task Force
don't you?
>>
>>13517844
>something only tismos would spaz about?
More like something that anyone who is not a weeaboo would be bothered by.
>>
>>13517821
>5 star squadron great ranger
>>
>>13518015
>>13517821
Why don't we just call it
"Japanese Power Rangers Legendary Squadron"
>>
>>13518015
Transform a 5-5. baby.
>>
>>13518021
>>13518025
You're both incredibly retarded. The show should be translated as Five Star Squad/Squadron/Sentai Dairanger. Gosei is not some proper noun, it has a legit meaning that's reflected in the show itself.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.