[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are so many Gundam games for PSP that I don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 01195-03.jpg (38KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
01195-03.jpg
38KB, 480x272px
There are so many Gundam games for PSP that I don't know what should I play, I see Battle Royale, Battle Chronicles, Next Plus, Memories, then there are some crossovers as Battle Robot Damashii (it has no Gendum tho)

Out of all the games which are the ones that are truly worth it? (and playable for someone who can't read moonrunes)
>>
G Gen World and Overworld
>>
>>13503257
Isn't Overworld an update of World?

On a sidenote: now I noted Battle Universe as well.
All these games are too confusing, I don't know which is an update for what.
>>
>>13503250
Next Plus is solid, albit laggy on emulators
>>
>>13503250
I was playing Battle royal recently because of the menus being in english. It's pretty fun, but the difficulty feels crushingly hard to me. Especially if you're playing as zeon
>>
>>13503276
Look at the release dates.
>>
>>13503276
Battle Universe, Assault Survive, and Battle Destiny are a separate series from Vs and G Gen.
Vs is more arcade style that limits artillery combat in favor of meelee suits. GBU/GAS/GSBD is more of a flight sim/shooter type that skimps on meelee to focus on firepower. The two game franchises may have similar controls but play very differently. Personally I prefer the latter so I'll just give a rundown of the GBU/GAS differences (Gundam Seed Battle Destiny is a Vita game anyway).

GBU: Create a pilot and go through the Universal Century timeline, deciding at the beginning of each era which side you'll fight in. Other factions' MS can be unlocked but not missions. Every pilot you've never heard of from every game is in this, as is every MS ever from 0079 to CCA and iirc most of the MS from F91 and several from Victory. Nice atmospheric effects like fog, rain, sandstorms, etc and a few cylindrical battlefields (colony exteriors) you can run all the way around.

GAS: Added SEED and 00s1 MS, added a full chapter for F91, more suits from Victory, but removed several pilots (mostly characters from other video games, only a few anime characters got cut). Also cut the atmospheric effects but made the gates between aread during missions two-way and added the ability to repair your MS by standing near your support ship instead of just healing you a little between each map. Also GAS lets you get every MS and mission in a single save file, but you have to moneygrind to buy everything instead of just unlocking things via mission goals.
Despite the fact that it has THREE of Kira Yamato but no Elle Vianno or South Burning, this is the version I play most.

GSBD is Vita-only and SEED+Destiny only. Not only did they not fail to finally implement the "true flight" controls used on their Macross games (Macross Ultimate Frontier and Macross Triangle Frontier use the same game engine as GBU/GAS) they managed to ass up the flight controls EVEN MORE so yeah...fuck that.
>>
>>13503250
>None have CE ZAKUs
Feels bad, I just want to make a qt Gunner ZAKU Phantom pilot
>>
>>13503428
Best explanation ever.
Seems like Assault Survive was the last one of the five games so seems like the most complete. Getting this then.
>>
>>13503428
Any of those emulate well?
>>
>>13503474
There are two english patches for it.
The first just translates the names of pilots, accessories and the text of MS Development Plans so you know how to develop them (tune a GM to 3500 points and equip Long Range Scope to unlock GM Sniper, that kind of thing) and was a patch to apply to the iso.
The other is a pre-patched .iso that also translates some of the menus. I've never bothered downloading this, honestly, because once you learn which buttons are "save", "load", "shop", "mission" and "versus" you don't really need to read rune to play the game. When a spot on the map blinks during a radio call, go there and kill things.
>>
>>13503559
I've read that GBU and GAS work okay, and can use custom texture or custom shaders or some such to make them prettier, but I play them on a psp so I really don't know.
>>
>>13503567
Based Nicoblog.

http://nicoblog.org/psp/iso/gundam-assault-survive-english-patched/
>>
Was there ever a real fix for that shooting gundam psp game not the gundam verses series

You made your own pilot sort of too
>>
>>13503745
that is incredibly vague
>>
>>13503749
I guess he's referring to the Character Creation crash which is because of the PSP Firmware.
>>
>>13503559
the PSP emulator should be able to handle these if you're playing them on PC
>>
>>13503907
For the Gundam Battle series?
I've never had a crash problem. Been playing them since 5.01m33, now on 6.60 Pro.
Both GBU and GAS work perfectly fine.
>>
How do you get multiplayer working with Gundam Next Plus on JCPSP?
>>
What was the gundam PSP game that had the commercial where the various pilots were shouting "GUNDAM!?"

I was trying to find that the other day and wasn't having much luck.
>>
>>13503907
what crash? never heard of it
>>
File: ULJM-05238.jpg (122KB, 500x857px) Image search: [Google]
ULJM-05238.jpg
122KB, 500x857px
>>13503441
I kinda know that feel.
Pic related was a thing, though.

Everything's unlocked by default, so you can just Gunner ZAKU all you want until you get bored.
>>
>>13503952
Gunner ZAKU's not in that game, is it?
>>
>>13503250
How do you replace the music in G Gen Overworld ?
>>
>>13504051
>Gunner ZAKU's not in that game, is it?
It wasn't in the PS2 version, but all three variants are in Portable, along with all three variants of the Impulse, Savior and Chaos/Abyss/Gaia.
>>
>>13504068
Create a folder inside your music folder
Name it "OVERWORLD" and place yor music there, after that
You can assign the music to the characters
In the gallery.
>>
>>13503474
Battle Universe is the best. Assault Survive's campaign is neutered, and you need to grind heavily just to be able to purchase mobile suits, pilots, parts, etc.
>>
>>13504142
Getting that then.
I hope it has kick-ass music.
>>
File: ULJS00145_00056.jpg (205KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00145_00056.jpg
205KB, 1366x768px
>>13504145
Hell, just try both, I say. See which one you prefer.

GBU is basically my favorite game of all time, but I find the IGLOO, SEED, and 00S1 suits in GAS worth messing around with, at least. You can pilot the fucking Jormungand if you want, or do other crazy shit. I just think GBU is a much better experience overall.
>>
>>13504140
even on ppsspp?
>>
>try Z gundam for PSX, thinking it'll be janky shit
>it's actually pretty great
It's an episode by episode adaption with good cutscenes and a really easy combat system.
Why the fuck do people not talk about this?
>>
>>13503250
G Gen Overworld, GvG NEXT +, and Battle Universe, maybe Assault Survive.
>>
>>13504548
Why do people not talk about the Dreamcast or Saturn games?
>>
>>13504603
people do talk about rise from the ashes though
>>
>Try Battle Universe
>Sub Weapon Tutorial
>Literally impossible

Well that was good while it lasted.
>>
>>13505733
The Tutorial is easy as shit. Also you really don't need to do it. This is coming from someone who can't read moon.
>>
>>13503250
Stay away from Artlink's Gundam games. You can play Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus and (if you not want unlocking variations) G-Gen World, then Overworld
>>
>>13505759
>Stay away from Artlink's Gundam games.

>Not wanting Zudah solos the OYW the game

Assault Survive was great fun if you knew how to tune your suits, Zudah should be tuned for Boost, HP, and Speed in that order before you get tune limit break. It made things absurdly fun in most game modes outside of VS. where it gets hilarious how nuts things get with the right opponents.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.