[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how long until this goes under? >Just got back from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 25

File: 001.png (563KB, 606x491px) Image search: [Google]
001.png
563KB, 606x491px
So, how long until this goes under?

>Just got back from South Korea and I’m excited to share some news.
>It’s been a bit more than a year since I started working on this project and yet it still feels quite surreal…
>When an ambitious Seoul based robotics team “Korea Future Technology” invited me to join the company as their designer of a large man-controlled robot it took me some time to realize that they were actually serious about it.
>Now with the first prototype being almost complete I can start talking about it as well as show some of the work-in-progress photos.
>What you see here is the early progress on proof-of-concept prototype. As we move forward with it, I’ll be refining the aesthetics of both the underneath framework, the exterior shelling as well as cockpit design and ergonomics. There will be a ton of things that will get improved both from mechanical engineering and industrial design stand point.
>The plan is to build a reliable robotic platform that can be used effectively in various utilitarian
>>
File: 002.png (842KB, 605x601px) Image search: [Google]
002.png
842KB, 605x601px
>>13490704
>>
File: 003.png (760KB, 525x601px) Image search: [Google]
003.png
760KB, 525x601px
>>13490704
One more pic after this one.
>>
File: 004.png (791KB, 604x582px) Image search: [Google]
004.png
791KB, 604x582px
>>13490704
Last one.
>>13490713
This one had this legend:
>A lot of aluminum was used to machine these, next prototype will use more carbon fiber to further reduce the weight.
>>
>>13490704
WE VOTOMS NOW
>>
>>13490764
It's not a military endeavor, so a WE LABORS NOW would be more accurate.
>>
>>13490717
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>13490704
>>13490729
>>13490773
He's literally cosplaying that scene.
>>
>>13490704
in ten years, who knows?
>>
>>13491029
What would be the real world response to, if this things become a reality, if after they are implemented some people use these to commit crimes?
>>
>>13491039
to fight drunkards in robots
we made drunkards in robots
>>
>>13490729
>carbon fiber to further reduce the weight.

Tell me why should I use this weakass design, that will also cost as much as a Lamborghini one-seater, for a job normal construction vehicles can do much cheaper.
Carbon fiber 4 meters tall robot screams obscene amounts of cost to me.
>>
Does anyone recognize the model or the guy? I got the pics from Instagram, so it could totally be just a really elaborate cosplay.
>>
>>13491055

Well it's only expensive because it's a material not much in demand I suppose. If those robots are in demand, then supply will naturally increase while production methods will be refined and so on drastically lowering costs. It kind of assumes large demand to work though, which doesn't entirely answer your question on it's own.
>>
>>13491055
The same reason people go to Moon and Mars. Because in the distant future they can make something with their new technologies based on this experience. It's completely useless now but in next 100 years maybe something will change. May be.
>>
>>13491088

The manufacturing process for carbon fiber is a nightmare. Advances in the manufacturing of it would bring the price down. Demand isn't the issue right now. It would be an almost instant substitute for so many things that the company that manages it would become Apple rich.
>>
>>13491290

Well I meant more that if the demand for something that only exists in a carbon-fiber form (i.e. depends upon it to work) increased then those advances would be made by someone, because the money would be pumped in to do it where now it's only a small amount of people trying to do it since while there is a possible demand should it happen, there isn't an actual outstanding and existing demand to get it now, now, now as it were.
>>
>>13491261
>going into space

kek, what a waste of time and money.
>>
>>13491431
At least satellites are practical.
>>
>>13490704
Damn,well /m/ I'm convinced Kuratas,exo-suits,a 1/1 movable gundam! We might actually live long enough to see our dreams realized.

So I gotta question,are any of you guys planning to become an engineer in order to force your son/daughter to pilot the mech you're gonna build for the inevitable wars in the future?
>>
>>13491441
I'm afraid Mars is going to be haram in the future.
>>
>>13491457
Going to Mars is heretical.

Humans were born on Earth, so we stay on Earth.
>>
File: jehuty.jpg (153KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
jehuty.jpg
153KB, 1095x730px
>>13491457
then we will purify it.
Join me anon and we will make the world pure again
>>
>>13491039
Why would they?
You don't see construction vehicles to commit crimes.
No one steam rolls into a bank.
>>
>>13491055
>why should I spend all this money on this construction crane?
>I can hire 20 micks and wops to haul beams up the stairs way cheaper
>they can also dig the holes I'd have to buy an earthmover for
Caterpillar didn't spring fully-formed from Karl Benz' ass right after he plopped out the motorwagon, and people were still giving him shit for fucking around with ICEs when steam-powered cars were better in every way. Progress is iterative.
>>
>>13491477
We don't really know what application they intent that thing. But you're right, there are easier ways to commit crimes.
>>
>>13491439
Now.
>>
>>13491497
You mean they will be useless in the future?
>>
File: tem+ray.jpg (20KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
tem+ray.jpg
20KB, 240x250px
>>13491441
I'll build a module that will make my son's mech more powerful than anything he could have ever imagined! My employers will be sorry for letting me go!
>>
>>13491500
I'm saying they weren't considered useful by most of the world in 1957, before anyone buily and shot one into space.

Oh, great, let's drop hundreds of thousands to measure the density of the way-the-fuck-out-there upper atmosphere with a spaceborne radio, that's a good use of our time and cash.
>>
File: killing fun since 2021.jpg (40KB, 512x342px) Image search: [Google]
killing fun since 2021.jpg
40KB, 512x342px
>>13491500
>>
>>13491439
Launching satellites into space is different from what a lot of other people want to do.

>asteroid mining
>Mars
>MARS

That kind of stuff is fruitless.
>>
Korea better step on it. They've got like 6 months to finish it if they wanna crash Megabot and Kuratas' showdown
>>
>>13491522
>asteroid mining and Mars are of no value
It's Veterans' Day, Anon, not Opposite Day.
>>
>>13491508
They bacame useful very fast. People knew what's the puropose of them beforehand. Space travels are going to give us nothing in next 100 to God knows how many years. I know something might change.
>>
>>13491522
Until we don't get a practical, and really cheap, way to launch things into orbit and a freaking motor that doesn't need years to go to really close things, everything about mining or colonizing space is unpractical and pointless.
>>
>>13491532
Do explain what economic value those things would provide.

Why should we invest into something that's not practical, and has no immediate return?
>>
File: sip.png (637KB, 800x495px) Image search: [Google]
sip.png
637KB, 800x495px
Keep going, /m/. You're giving this old man a good chuckle.
>>
File: 1411872327788.jpg (274KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1411872327788.jpg
274KB, 1600x1200px
>>13491542
>>
>>13491542
Ask your parents why they had you.
>>
>>13491593
>probably
>maybe
>sometimes
>I dunno, lol
>>
>>13491542
>Do explain what economic value those things would provide.
Well to be honest, there is probably no reason to ship resources back to Earth. So the only reason is if we actually colonised it.

Not all colonies are for making money. Sometimes people colonise because they want to make a fresh start. Right not it is still too dangerous, but at some point we should find a way to truly create a sustainable space colony design, or a moon base, and then people would start thinking of it as something viable.
>>
>>13491636
>probably no reason to ship resources back to Earth
Except all the people who want to buy your platinum.

Not from Mars, but it's not like we don't have relatively nearby asteroids.
>>
>>13491636
All those things need money. And our technology level make this kind of things really difficult. When Columbus set off to the "West Indians" it was only a trip of a few months. If anything went wrong he just had to turn back (like he almost did). If we set off to colonize, let's say, Mars with our current technology level we're talking about a years-long trip, extremely dangerous and with 0 chance to turn back if anything goes wrong.
>>
>>13491655
It's a real shame there isn't any money around.
>>
>>13491653
>Except all the people who want to buy your platinum.
Right now it isn't actually economical to ship the platinum from Space to Earth. It still costs too much and is cheaper to get it locally.
>>
>>13491677
Oh my god, how do you even breathe?
>>
>>13491670
It's more about our shitty space travel technology. If you make a motor that could take any payload from Mars to Earth securely (and vice versa) in a few weeks at most, the money for it would come to you in a heartbeat.
>>
>>13491686
>Oh my god, how do you even breathe?
I did the math a while back. But basically even if you have blocks of pure refined platinum on the moon, ready to pick up by hand, you would still lose money getting it back to Earth. Right now the fuel costs just aren't worth it.
>>
>>13491655

Listen, did you ever watch Planetes?
>>
>>13491693
Just to add, the important thing in my original calculation was the realisation that I had to sell the platinum at many times above market price to break even. Thus it is not viable.
>>
>>13491693
Keep at it, I'm sure you'll get it eventually.

This is the problem with people smart enough to know a little economics (or science, or whatever) but not knowledgeable enough to know a LOT of economics (or science, or whatever). You have a small view of the whole picture.
>>
when killing third worlders for rare earth metals is more expensive than sending space drones to an asteroid
>>
>>13491636
And what would be the point of colonizing hostile environments, or building artificial environments, when we already have a planet that we can live on?

On Earth, we don't have to worry about a suit rupture, or a dome rupture, or a hole in a colony.
>>
>>13491772
Because it's there.
>>
>>13491794
So if that fat slut in your neighborhood. Are you gonna go there?
>>
>>13491722
>Keep at it, I'm sure you'll get it eventually.
>This is the problem with people smart enough to know a little economics (or science, or whatever) but not knowledgeable enough to know a LOT of economics (or science, or whatever). You have a small view of the whole picture.
Feel free to tell me I am wrong. But do give me an answer first for why you think you would be able to sell space platinum at above market value, especially since you would be doing to in a manner that likely inflates suppy and would crash the price further,

>>13491772
>And what would be the point of colonizing hostile environments, or building artificial environments, when we already have a planet that we can live on?
>On Earth, we don't have to worry about a suit rupture, or a dome rupture, or a hole in a colony.
You can say the same thing about the poor German colonists who died in large numbers in the Louisiana swamp. Why did THEY pack their bags to go to their deaths?

Colonisation were NEVER safe. But if you think you can make it work then being there early means getting a foothold before everyone else.

New Orleans was going to be a French colony. But the colony died out. But the potential was always there. Being the first there, assuming the colony lead to the formation of a future city, means you get to grab all the real estate cheap. It means you get to own infrastructure before people start showing up.

The idea isn't just colonies. The idea was always CITIES. People colonise with the dream of making money off the latecomers who follow them and create an economy.

But as the French learned, colonies can fail.
>>
>>13491817
And of course, eventually Louisiana DID become a city and a vital port for shipping Slave Cotton to England. And as such it DID start to make money. Too late for the French Government as they went bankrupt long before that.
>>
>>13491817
>Feel free to tell me I am wrong.
It's more rewarding and easier for me to let you figure it out on your own.
>the rest of your post
Closer! It's amazing you managed to type that out without catching on.
>>
>>13491817
Not that guy, but if you corner the platinum market, you're not going to sell it all at once to devalue it. Just like oil cartels you'd trickle it out and pull supply back in.
>>
>>13491831
>It's more rewarding and easier for me to let you figure it out on your own.
Then you have no idea and is just trolling. Good day.
>>
>>13491832
>Not that guy, but if you corner the platinum market, you're not going to sell it all at once to devalue it. Just like oil cartels you'd trickle it out and pull supply back in.
You can't corner the market if you need to sell it for higher than Earth Platinum's prices.
>>
>>13491772
>On Earth, we don't have to worry about a suit rupture, or a dome rupture, or a hole in a colony.
You're right we have to wory about floods,tornados,hurricanes,earthquakes,avalanches, volcanic eruptions,disease,famine and deadly animals. Gee why would anyone wanna live hear?
>>
>>13491839
All right, Anon.
Would anyone else in the class like to take a stab at why people or corporations do things that are immediately unprofitable, or LESS profitable than the other things they could be doing?
>>
>>13491847
Yes, it's safer and we can actually live here.
>>
>>13491849
>All right, Anon.
>Would anyone else in the class like to take a stab at why people or corporations do things that are immediately unprofitable, or LESS profitable than the other things they could be doing?
It certainly isn't about mining platinum at cost of several times the metal's value. There are many ways mining in Space can be important, but "bringing the metals back to Earth" isn't one of them.
>>
>>13491865
Oh, jeez.
>>
>>13491865
You went too far.
>>
>>13491872
>Oh, jeez.
Is that all you got? Guess you really ARE just trolling, I was hoping you have something to contribute.
>>
>>13491290
>"Supply matches demand" - Keyne's Law

There is your answer.
>>
>>13491881
Again, I really don't know how you typed out all that stuff about colonizing the New World and yet are still stuck here.

You're like a human Blockbuster Video. It's amazing.
>>
Here is what space mining WOULD be for:
Local manufacturing.

Anything made on Earth and shipped to Space carry a hefty premium. This if you could manufacture goods locally with available local materials, you would be able to easily compete with Earth imports. This is shown historically in actual Gold Rush cities, where the people who became rich were not the miners, but the bakers, bars and general stores, who sell goods like bread, alcohol and tents that cost an arm and a leg.
The Conquistadors famously went into debt because they had to ship replacement guns, armour and horses from Spain to South America as a part of their conquests, and most of their loot ended up in the hands of the merchants.
>>
>>13491849
Usually because they think initial costs will be outweighed by future profits.

Looking at it from a scientific perspective, though, I still think there may be problems with mass space travel and colonization. Even if entrepreneurs were really eager for tons of precious metals from asteroids and stuff, it's more likely they would invest in mining drones rather than permanent space outposts or colonies. IIRC the radiation in space has terrible effects on the human body. Until we find a way to get around that, it may be more cost-efficient to program robots to mine for ore, send them up to space, let them do their thing, and then take them and their cargo back down rather than having humans do it.
>>
>>13491899
>Again, I really don't know how you typed out all that stuff about colonizing the New World and yet are still stuck here.
Your line about "shipping platinum back to Earth>>13491653
>Except all the people who want to buy your platinum.
Is bizzare and have nothing to do with colonies.

"All the people who want to buy your platinum" are certainly NOT colonists, but Earth dwellers. And it makes no sense. Please explain.
>>
File: MarsSunset_losslesscrop.jpg (364KB, 2486x720px) Image search: [Google]
MarsSunset_losslesscrop.jpg
364KB, 2486x720px
>people want to colonize other worlds and taint their natural environments

HUMANS STAY AWAY
>>
>>13491930
Let me repeat, the French lost money colonising Louisiana, and so did the Spanish Conquistadors bankrupt the Spanish Crown. The colonies went somewhere in the end, but it didn't help the French or the Spanish.
>>
>>13490713
those pistons make no sense, looks like they're just for show.
>>
>>13491930
Have you ever been on medication? For anything, really. This isn't a crack at you having brain problems that require medicine or something like that. I'm just wondering if you've ever been prescribed a drug and therefore know that medicine, and perhaps pharmaceutical companies, are things that exist.

How about cars? Have you ever been in one? Surely you've seen pictures or video of them, or seen them on the street. Do you know how they work? The fact that they're fueled by a liquid? Some company has to provide that fuel.

Consider these subjects briefly and then ask yourself why anyone would ever get into the business of trying to get space platinum (or anything else in space) and bringing it back to Earth.

Don't be a human Borders. This is also another hint.
>>
>>13490704

hobbyists are always welcome but why do companies spend big money on robotics projects that look like they are twenty years behind actual bipedal robots, just to slap a chair on it and call it a "piloted giant robot"
>>
>>13491940
Sorry, Marsfaggot, we've got dibs on everything but Europa.
>>
>>13491968
LEAVE MARS ALONE HUMAN
>>
File: marsisstupid.jpg (34KB, 300x510px) Image search: [Google]
marsisstupid.jpg
34KB, 300x510px
>>13491977
>>
>>13491940
This actually does raise a good point, though. Even though we've(obviously) just seen pictures of it, Mars really is extraordinarily beautiful. I hope there are international agreements or something in place that might keep us from industrializing or terraforming the whole planet, kind of like how we have nature preserves and national parks in the U.S so that everyone can enjoy a few spots of natural beauty.
>>
>>13491984
Please, once we colonize the planet and reach 100% surface use and have transformed the whole thing into one planet-wide megacity, we can all brainjack into the Network and experience a true-to-life simulation of barren Mars!
>>
>>13491940
>>13491977
>people want to colonize this

Holy shit, go to the Sahara if you want to colonize a desert so badly.
>>
>>13491963
You are still not making any sense. There is nothing innovative about digging up metals in space and bring it back to earth at inflated prices. Right now moon rocks are extremely valuable, but you don't see anyone trying to set up a moon rock shipping company. Listing random innovasions still doesn't answer my original question; why would I want to buy platinum that costs many times more than usual?
>>
>>13492016
>Right now
Yeah.
>>
>>13492123
That's the point. It will be profitable in a very-very distant future. Like VERY distant.
>>
>>13492138
This.

Wherever you live, just look at your politicians or businesses.

NO ONE cares about long-term profits. It's all about the short-term, immediate returns.
>>
File: google-cultural-inst-5.jpg (359KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
google-cultural-inst-5.jpg
359KB, 1024x768px
>>13492138
>Distant future
>Science
>>
Why hasn't anyone got this kind of controller developed?
>>
>>13492179
Because what exactly would it be used with?
>>
>>13492189
Xbox.
>>
>>13492189
giant robotic manipulators.

you don't need a patlabor.

http://cyberneticzoo.com/tag/manipulatore-servo-controllato-transistorizzato/
>>
The guy posted a video.
>>
>>13492179
I really liked that scene in Patlabor 2, but I've always wondered how they got the wrist to rotate as it did in the shot right before this one.
>>
File: Scv.png (4KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
Scv.png
4KB, 120x120px
>>13491990
The way I see it, mars is only good for digging up its resources.
Those minerals aren't gonna' mine themselves!
>>
>>13492179
Kuratas did, or is.
>>
>>13491522
>Asteroid mining

Fuck that, lets mine helium 3 from the moon instead.
>>
>>13492259
>korea planning SCV rush

WHY DID I WASTE THAT DRONE ON A POOL JUST NOW
>>
File: 170AxP.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
170AxP.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>13492179
>>13492261
>>
>>13492527
And here we can see why this isn't used: Even with a direct, wired connection less than two feet away, there's still about half a second of delay. For the kind of dextrous movements manipulators are good for, this is completely unacceptable.
>>
File: 1437451899286.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1437451899286.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>13492533
>>
>>13492533
I'm sure they'll decrease the reaction time/lag eventually. I think the delay might be caused by the large motorized components not being fast enough, because as you said it's wired and connected less than two feet away. As electronics and motors improve, more realistic humanlike motion might become possible.
>>
>>13492533
Superior German Arm with zero-input-lag and controls so simple, a kid can use it.
https://youtu.be/VHVPZy1YL-8
>>
>>13492527
There's something about a mechanical hand recreating human movements that makes me moist.
>>
Why is it that every project seems to basically be bringing Patlabor to life? Was Patlabor that on the ball or is everybody trying to make it a reality?
>>
>>13492683
I'd say it really was on the ball. Aside from VOTOMs, Patlabor is one of the realest real-robot series. It captured one of the more practical uses for mechs outside of the military (construction, and the subsequent necessity of policing those vehicles), put a lot of thought into how the mechs would be controlled (with the gloves that can mimic fine hand movements as well as the labor OS), and has generally earned itself a good deal of respect from the engineers, scientists, and roboticists who are working on robots IRL.
>>
File: 00082.jpg (329KB, 764x1200px) Image search: [Google]
00082.jpg
329KB, 764x1200px
>>13492699
There's also another reason that we seem to be overlooking for people working towards that specific vision.
>>
File: 57a5b120.jpg (103KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
57a5b120.jpg
103KB, 600x800px
乗れるなら乗れ、ウンコ臭いかもしれない
>>
>>13491464
Let me guess, your species don't want humanity to find your secret, martian base on Mars so you've been sent to Earth to try and make it seem like going to space is a bad thing for humanity.
>>
>>13491693
Looks like you never factored in emerging technologies. Like ion drives, maybe?
>>
File: ghosts of mars.jpg (638KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ghosts of mars.jpg
638KB, 1000x1500px
>>13492737
He might be a ghost!
>>
>>13492742
How is a ion drive going to help you Earth-Moon?

Not enough thrust to help getting off the surface of the Earth, getting off the moon and back to Earth isn't difficult and the travel time is too short to really benefit from a ion drive's tiny but constant thrust.
>>
>>13491693
In that hypothetical case you could set up a solar powered mass driver on the moon and shoot the platinum back to Earth, probably using remotely controlled machinery to load it.
>>
>>13491464
Wow.
>>
>>13492258
Maybe if you twist your wrist to the maximum it can go, the robot hand keeps going
sorta like moving a camera in vidya
>>
>>13492699
Yet it also has giant alien reptile humanoid mutants and ghosts
Patlabor is a fucking treasure
>>
>>13492904
I'm thinking that it has a button or something for it. The machine just started, it could be a servo test mode too.
>>13492906
Don't forget one of the best casts and some of the sharpest writing in anything, ever. There's really nothing like it.
>>
>>13492527
soon as they discover that the effective strength to weight ratio of the thing is really really bad.
>>13490729
>>13490704
of course they had to give it anthropomorphic hands, because HURR DURR mecha have hands.

This is a terrible idea for a utility robot. Right now we can't even get hands to work on industrial robots they are just too fragile. Claws would be better.

>>13492179
with no force feedback, you have slightly better control than what you get with surgeon simulator

>>13491947
they could be force sensors for center of pressure determination.
>>
>>13490704
the arms seem a little to small to be able to be used effectively with size of the rest of the body
>>
>>13492951
Well, it's s "proof of a concept" they need to iron lots of things.

>>13492946
>This is a terrible idea for a utility robot. Right now we can't even get hands to work on industrial robots they are just too fragile. Claws would be better.
Hands are way too complex for us to get right with our current technology level. It sounds weird, but is the sad reality. Perhaps the future is really on artificial muscles.
>>
>>13491542

> Do explain what economic value those things would provide

Mars is of dubious value as anything other than a base of operations for future advancement into the solar system, but Asteroid mining has the potential to be HELLA profitable.

One of the asteroid earmarked for mining once Planetary Resources gets its shit together is a big motherfucker that is nearly 70% platinum. Platinum, as you may recall, is a rare and precious metal worth more than gold. We also are using it in an increasing number of our electronics, further driving up its value.
As of 3 years ago, the amount of Platinum in that single asteroid was valued at roughly 6.3 Trillion dollars. And while that one is especially big and valuable, there are an uncountable number of smaller ones, each worth billions or trillions of dollars worth of various precious materials.

The first company to tap those resources is going to be sitting on an absolutely huge resource advantage compared to all other sources.
>>
>>13493094
All that sounds good until you recall how much money cost to launch 1 Kg of mass to orbit, and how much time does it take to reach any place in space. It's simply not profitable with our current technology.
>>
>>13492709
What's that reason?
>>
>>13493143
Some NASA numbers:

>Today, it costs $10,000 to put a pound of payload in Earth orbit.

1Kg = 2.20462 pounds

Let's say your mining machine weights about 500 Kg, putting only that machine it orbit, as of now, cost you 11,023,100 in Uncle Sam's dollars. It's way too much money for just putting that machine in orbit alone.
>>
File: heemeyer3.jpg (27KB, 346x203px) Image search: [Google]
heemeyer3.jpg
27KB, 346x203px
>>13491477
It's like you haven't heard of the Killdozer. Are you even supposed to be here on /m/?
>>
>>13493146
Noa is fucking adorable and people want to either summon their own or make her happy.
>>
>>13490704
problem 1) arms too short
problem 2) top heavy
problem 3) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no
>>
>>13491528
>implying these are up-to-date pictures
>>
>>13493094
>future advancement into the solar system

For what purpose?
>>
>>13492123
>>Right now
>Yeah.
Well that's the thing, by the time space travel is cheap and fast enough to bring platinum beck to Earth, you would no longer care about that. Because if that is achieved we would already be colonising Space. You are dreaming of a scenario that would be obsoleted by the tech advancements if it was achievable.

You would make more money shipping people and normal goods by that point, than shipping metal. Your dream is entirely impractical no matter the tech level.
>>
>>13493827

For getting off this dying rock before it becomes an uninhabitable cesspool, mostly.
>>
>>13493898
If you want to colonize elsewhere in the Solar System, Mars is pretty much your only real option.
>>
>>13492558
>there are shitheads on /m/ right now who think the amerifat robot is better than this
>>
>>13493914
american mech is more bulky and dense. Its going to be like a rock VS a twig
>>
>>13490704
>Kuratas and Megabot face off
>both can barely navigate through the dense terrain on the battlefield
>awkwardly try to shoot and punch each other
>suddenly
>KFT bot cool-aids through a wall and suplexes them both, at the same time
>>
>>13494111
>KFT bot
Jewgle is fucking me in the ass when I try to look for it. Explain.
>>
>>13494123
You retard, its the one this whole thread is about.
>>
>>13491542
Since mankind first looked up at the skies, he has dreamed of having sex with them. See: the myth of Tithonus.
We have learned, with great sadness, that we cannot fuck the sky. We will not be the peerless hero who deflowers the virgin sun or the lady of the moon. We cannot even make love to the stars.
But we hope that there will be living creatures who dwell in the stars. We hope that we can reach them and find friendship, that our species is not the sole intelligent life, alone in all the heavens, growing ever more maddened by it's isolation. No, that we cannot accept. There must be others.
And when we find them, we WILL have sex with them. Their blood may be acid and they may breathe poison, but we WILL have sex with them. They may have clawing razors for genitals and limbs that would crush our human frames as easily as we can crush a baby's skull, but we WILL have sex with them, and you can count on it. How, you ask? You are like the early caveman who asked Thog Uklakala HOW when he said he would fight a sabertoothed tiger and win. You do not understand what it is to be human, to wish to have sex with the sky and cuddle with the stars, to want to travel to distant worlds and fuck their strange female-analogues, to wish to hunt the giant sabertoothed tiger and walk away, to wish to be the little girl. These are things that we cannot do with our bodies alone.

If we find aliens, we will have sex with them, just as we soar across the sky, just as we travelled to the moon, just as Thog hunted the saber-toothed tiger at the dawn of man.
We WILL have sex with them, no matter what difficulties we may face along the way. We WILL have sex with them, because if it comes down to it WE'LL BUILD A MACHINE TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM.
>>
>>13494111
>>KFT bot cool-aids through a wall and suplexes them both, at the same time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT02-Lzg-CA
>>
File: 480sw822yu80.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
480sw822yu80.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>13493946
More like a karate kid vs a brick.
>>
>>13491464
See this guy? He's being held down by gravity.
>>
>>13494285
But there's gravity on Mars.
>>
>>13494316
To be fair to that guy, the gravity on Mars isn't as strong as Earth's. Its "grip" isn't as tight.
>>
>>13494161
We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?
>>
>>13491947
it looks like shock obsorbers with sensors on them
>>
>>13491528
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=877013DpHcY plays when it busts through the floor into the middle of the match
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.