[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /m/ feel about this article? http://www.animenewsn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20151109_145240.jpg (23KB, 231x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151109_145240.jpg
23KB, 231x311px
How does /m/ feel about this article?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2015-10-21/mobile-suit-gundam-where-to-start-and-what-worth-watching/.94461#4p3xU3oek1bS4IgR.01
>>
>>13487878
Let me guess. They recommend SEED and Wing, 00 for starters.
>>
Check the archive. We had this thread last week
>>
>>13487883
Nope, they say no to Wing, maybe Seed, no Destiny, and no 00.
>>
>>13487883
>>13487966
Wing wasn't really terrible, i watched it for the first time like ten years ago and i completely get why it was huge in the 90s.
But dat terrible pacing and that horrible ending...
Dorothy was the best character.
>>
>>13487998
>dat terrible pacing and that horrible ending
It's pacing was no worse than any other 50 episode gundam series and it's ending was a better done version of Char's Counterattack.
>>
Should have just said "avoid Age, try literally everything else"
>>
File: char pepe.png (15KB, 447x748px) Image search: [Google]
char pepe.png
15KB, 447x748px
>Zeta Gundam
>Worth watching: Yes

>ZZ Gundam
>Worth watching: No

>Victory Gundam
>Worth watching: No
>>
>The Earth Federation is depicted as the good side, while the Republic of Zeon is unmistakably bad
>>
>>13487878
Somebody on ANN said something stupid? Hold the phone, this is unprecedented.
>>
File: 1435736475016.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1435736475016.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>13489049
As someone who likes Victory Gundam I don't mind them saying no but there were WAY better reasons to claim why instead of just it having really loose ties with other UC material. They quite possibly picked the most retarded one when they could have gone with the lack of shading or extremely high body count making it hard to care about characters after a certain point instead.
>>
>ZZ is too silly but wants a Crossbone adaptation
>Stargazer and Astray immediately blown off because they're not legally available (gotta earn those Sunrise shekels)
>obviously hasn't seen X and is recommending it solely on its upcoming DVD release and appearance in GBF
baka desu
>>
>>13487998
>>13488019
[Reply]
>>
>MSG
>The Earth Federation is depicted as the good side, while the Republic of Zeon is unmistakably bad, utilizing both Nazi imagery and idealism.

>Zeta Gundam
>blurring the lines between good and evil
>complex multi-sided conflict.

>CCA
>With an unlikeable protagonist who takes up valuable screen time, this is only a so-so movie on its own.

>F91
>Focuses on the frontier colonies as they rise up against invaders from Jupiter.

>Victory
>muh One Year War

At least it shits on Wing and 00fags though so I can't hate it that much.
>>
>>13487998
>i watched it for the first time like ten years ago and i completely get why it was huge in the 90s.
That's when it aired, jackass
>>
>>13489059
Dude, did we see the same series:

>Earth Federation: Large Peace-Keepers that are woefully outmatched by the enemy Mobile Suits, technology which they don't have. Every side character is a really nice guy, everybody that turns against them is either threatened or just plain evil
>Principality of Zeon: Nazi-loving dictatorship that wants take over the world. It is ran by a weary warlord that assassinated the previous leader, a man that called for peace, and then instated said dictatorship, putting his many children in high ranking positions. Said children are attempting to murder each other, and their father in order to take the throne as the new leader of the Principality

Sounds like a good-old Machiavellian dictatorship to me. Does anyone have the sub-cap of Ghiren saying something along the lines of "Back in the 20th century, there was a man by the name of Adolf Hitler, now he was a man with good idea's." or something like that. They went out of their way to make them look like assholes.
>>
>>13489381
>Wing aired in 2005
>>
>>13487878
>00 is too confusing
The first episode literally has a bit where it cuts to each fraction and has them explain what they think about the Celestial Beings. It's a well done bit but the show does love spelling everything out very clearly
>>
>>13489466
>This show starts off with a lot of promise, but slowly decelerates into a confusing mass of unlikeable characters and Deus Ex Machina plot points. The first season is salvageable, only to propel you into the abysmal second season. Despite that, the show was successful enough to merit a movie, Awakening of Trailblazer, which also is not worth watching.

>00 is too confusing, I didn't get what the factions initial motivations were I episode 1 spelled it out
is exactly the same.
>>
>>13489476
That was just an example faggot, the show is clear on shit all the way through and not a very subtle series

>but the show does love spelling everything out very clearly
>>
>>13487878
>Zeta Gundam - The storytelling is soo confusing, it may take the entire series for you to figure out what's going on. Allegiances are constantly swapped, and nobody seems to have a clear motive for their actions. Worth watching? no

>Reconguista in G - blurring the lines between good and evil in the process of presenting a complex multi-sided conflict. Worth watching? Yes

lel
>>
File: 1433621648325.jpg (31KB, 603x444px) Image search: [Google]
1433621648325.jpg
31KB, 603x444px
>>13487878
>animenewsnetwork
>linking to weeb kotaku
>>
>Gundam Build Fighters Try
> Yes.

>Igloo
>ZZ
>F91
>Victory
>Greco
>00
>No

I don't understand most anime viewers
>>
>>13489546
I like most of those shows and i can get why they might have said no for them especially for people who just want the bare minimum to introduce them into the franchise. Its just really poorly explained.
Also ignoring quality, Unicorn - Yes, but ZZ and CCA no? Fucking hell
>>
>>13489575
>to introduce them into the franchise.
But 00 is great for that, it is the normie gundam
>>
>>13489546
>anime viewers
They're just low level faggots who lucked out on to a web writing gig.
>>
>>13487878
No to victory gundam. Fuck this article.
>>
>>13487878
>Victory: No

straight into the fucking trash
>>
>>13487998
>i watched it for the first time like ten years ago

how old were you then?

>>13488019
>It's pacing was no worse than any other 50 episode gundam series
>Wing

bait-a-galore
>>
File: 1422662010794.jpg (20KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1422662010794.jpg
20KB, 500x375px
>>13489049

Not at all surprised to see that dumb frogposters are the ones constantly shitposting Zeta discussions while advocating the genuinely bad sequels.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.