[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>post apocalyptic/dystopian setting >Hakider isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: 23316328.png (123KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
23316328.png
123KB, 500x500px
>post apocalyptic/dystopian setting
>Hakider isn't Saburo or Gill, but just some random cyborg/android with a different human form
>Hakaider joins up with a resistance movement in what is implied to be Jerusalem, though filled with Japanese people. How he and they got there in the first place, who knows
>is kind of implied to be the original Hakaider at some point in the movie, but it's never expanded upon
>fights a white Metalder at the end that turns into some kind of Franken-Kikaider also the guy who may or may not actually be an angel
>wanders the wasteland as some kind of dark cowboy hero

This movie was weird. Also not very good. Hard to believe the guy behind Garo directed it.
>>
File: JETMAN.jpg (19KB, 601x465px) Image search: [Google]
JETMAN.jpg
19KB, 601x465px
>>13485098
Apparently it was written by Toshiki Inoue. I wonder how much of a history he has with Amemiya.
>>
File: gouraigan.png (788KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
gouraigan.png
788KB, 800x450px
>>13485148
Amemiya roped Inoue and Black Condor in for a gag-toku series. So it's THAT long a history.
>>
Saw this movie in middle school 'cause a local comic shop had a fansubbed VHS tape for sale. It has some cool designs in it but overall the film's pretty boring. The only part I really remember liking was when Hakaider fights the stop motion Tank-Kikaider at the end.
>>
File: 4576222123_9dccdebebb_b.jpg (307KB, 798x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4576222123_9dccdebebb_b.jpg
307KB, 798x1024px
>>13485175

Hakaider's design is based on the old SIC figure.

Or that's based on this, I dunno. One inspired the other. Either way, it's a sick design.
>>
>>13485184
Why is his neck wider than his head?
>>
>everybody talks about Inoue
>nobody talks about Yoshikawa Susumu
I can see this is pure hate at the wrong direction
>>
>>13485204
>Yoshikawa Susumu
Was he involved with this movie or are you trying to say something else?
>>
When a movie has "Mechanical Violator" as a part of its title, you know you have to watch it. Seriously though, this movie was weird.
>>
>>13485209
He is the producer of the movie.
He is also Toei's chief producer for toku series.
He is the producer of the original Kikaider series.
He is also the founder of the Super Sentai series.
He is the one who said "fuck Ishimori I want something different for Black"

No one dares to work against him at the time.
>>
>>13485184

I'm pretty sure the figure came after the movie.
>>
Art direction is so fantastic I wish movies like this were still made. But with better scripts.
>>
>>13485184
>Hakaider's design is based on the old SIC figure.
>Or that's based on this, I dunno. One inspired the other. Either way, it's a sick design.

The movie was made well before the S.I.C. line existed.
>>
>>13485184

The movie came out in 1995-ish. SIC as a line started in the early 2000s.
>>
Love the scene where they absolutely trash the set while fighting.
>>
File: Inazuman Vs Kikaider.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Inazuman Vs Kikaider.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Speaking of Kikaider, I lost my shit at this just now.
>>
>>13485098
personally really enjoyed the movie, the "angel" being a sadistic caring asshole and Michael in general really made it for me.
>>
>>13487379
It feels wrong to say this looks bad with all the toku I watch
>>
>>13485162
How was Gouraigan?
>>
>>13487895
kinda forgettable.
>>
>>13487909
I find that hard to believe with an image like that.
>>
>>13487885
It doesn't matter if it looks bad, that nigga just pulled a goddamn Electro End.
>>
>>13488000
Well, I can't argue with trips
>>
>>13485098
The director's cut of that movie is great, the theatrical version feels weird because hakaider doesn't really have any motivation to do what he's doing and is just stumbling around killing people, rather than quietly standing for people's right to be free
>>
>>13487909
Is that that old bald man we very often see in every sentai and rider ?
On the top of my head, he was charcoal org in Gaoranger, that curry client in Abaranger and Taiyaki cook in Kamen Rider Blade
>>
>>13487379
Why is it, every webm that I see from this show has the main dude getting the shit kicked out of him? Is he just that much of a Jobber?
>>
Ya know, what the new Kikaider movie any decent? I was out of town for awhile...
>>
>>13490391

Yeah, it was. Sequel never, though.
>>
>>13490423

Well at least that. Did Generation Kakaida release it? Or should I search for subs?
>>
>>13490423

The sequel has been filmed, apparently. We're just waiting on a release date.
>>
>>13490502
hahahaha
>>
File: kikaider-reloaded.jpg (743KB, 630x1020px) Image search: [Google]
kikaider-reloaded.jpg
743KB, 630x1020px
>>13490474
There's an official release through them, yeah. You can find it on Amazon for $25 with free shipping. Generation Kikaida's own shipping tends to be stupid expensive due to being based in Hawaii though.

They even did a limited theatrical release too.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.