[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obligatory Macross Delta thread. Recap; http://www.macrosswo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

File: 2.jpg (179KB, 2000x944px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
179KB, 2000x944px
Obligatory Macross Delta thread. Recap;
http://www.macrossworld.com/speakerpodcast-ep-30-delta-folds-in/
>the idols won't be flying the valkyries
>there will be two valkyrie teams fighting each other
>there will be valkyries vs valkyries action
>some kind of var syndrome affecting people
>different cultures will be an important plot point
>the story will take place on different planets
>>
>>13466736
>10 vfs will be released
>>
>>13466765
11 technically.
>>
>there will be multiple teams of idols facing each other
>there will be idol on idol action
>some kind of poorfag syndrome affecting schools
>different singing methods will be an important plot point
>the story will take place at different schools

damn you kawamori.
>>
>>13466802
Here's your reply.
>>
>>13466736
Wait, what? The idols won't be flying the Valkyries? So who will? Faceless, nameless mooks?
>>
>>13466820
The characters they show in the trailer, probably.
>>
File: 7bf45b161a6367dc6ce49bbcb4756c25.jpg (167KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7bf45b161a6367dc6ce49bbcb4756c25.jpg
167KB, 900x1200px
>>13466820
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMKiLsbWiHY
Blue haired boy, the meltran, and the gruff looking guy it seems.
>>
>>13466736
>different cultures will be an important plot point

Asians, Whites, Asian Aliens, White Aliens, right?
>>
>>13467119
Yes. It's funny because Macross has always been pretty damn progressive.
>>
When will a giant female Meltran be the love interest of a Macross?
>>
>>13467611
>>
>>13467611
Frontier.
>>
>>13467119
>Asian
Nope, Japanese only pls.
Or half nip/alien
>>
>>13467144
>progressive
Giantess fetish isn't progressive, /d/
>>
>>13467669
I'm talking about featuring black characters, interracial realtionships, and homosexual characters like Bobby.
>>
>>13467663
Freyja is half-Nordic, half-French, though.
>>
>>13467686
>homosexual characters like Bobby.
That's a blatant gay stereotype. See Hard gay
>>
Do you think NUNS will keep doing colonization fleets now that they're aware of the Vajra?

I mean, they can, at any time, appear in overwhelming numbers at every single human colony in the milky way. Seeding the galaxy only works against an enemy like the Zentradi.
>>
>>13467653
Not the main heroine.

>>13467624
Only half and she never macronized.
>>
>>13467727
The vajra are now friends with all humans so there's no threat at all.
>>13467736
Miria did macronize what are you talking about?
>>
>>13467663

You forgot about Minmay, whose family is Chinese, but lived in Yokohama's Chinatown.
>>
>>13467788
For now. From now on, humanity's continued existence in the Macross universe basically depends on the Vajra not getting mad.

Like, what if someone knifes Ranka after a concert?
>>
>>13466736

> some kind of var syndrome affecting people

What's a var syndrome?

> the story will take place on different planets

Wait a second, a story featuring lots of love triangles, taking place on different planets with clearly delineated teams of boys and girls. Oh god, Evol flashbacks intensifies.
>>
File: ozma.png (3MB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
ozma.png
3MB, 1916x1076px
>>13467809
>Like, what if someone knifes Ranka after a concert?
The Vajra and SMS cooperate to hunt the fucker down.
>>
>>13467809
But the Vajra don't seem to care unless you go and stir up there nest intentionally then they'll just attack the small group messing with their nest and return to giving no fucks about everyone else in the universe
>>
>>13467826
>What's a var syndrome?
No clue. That's what the press release called it. Might have something to do with the crystal hair those boys have.
>>13467793
And Claudia and Edgar being black and that indian bridge bunny in Frontier, the black base commander in Plus not to mention Ray is probably black.
>>
>>13467809
Well, since the Vajra figured out individuality, they would probably target the specific group that did it rather than commit genocide.

>>13467727
It would be hilarious if the later fleets have a command similar to the Zentradi's orders to not mess with any Protoculture shit.
>If you see the Vajra, don't fuck with them
>If you do, well, we're not helping you
>Do you know how fucked up Macross Frontier's Island-1 was and how many goddamn casualties and infrastructure was rekt after their conflict with the Vajra? We're not risking that shit just to help you. If you fuck with them, you deal with them yourself.
>>
>>13468016
>Don't even get us started on that horseshit where they showed up at Macross City with a fucking invasion fleet.
>>
>>13468016
This is plausible. In the 2nd Frontier movie it was SMS that provided backup for the Frontier fleet. NUNS probably said "Nuh-uh fuck that. You deal with the bugs on your own."
>>
>>13468016
I can see every fleet commander getting a "DON'T PROVOKE THE BORG" speech before they set off.
>>
>>13468040
The thing is the TV series and movies had different continuities altogether. Among others TV series had NUNS support while in the movies had little to none.
>>
>>13468016
>Well, since the Vajra figured out individuality, they would probably target the specific group that did it rather than commit genocide

They never did before they didn't go and attack everyone at once when the humans first ran across them years before Frontier they just destroyed the group that harassing them directly and didn't care after that point. It wasn't until Grace hijacked the hive mind then they attacked everyone due to sudden change in management.

So your right about their new rules for that race. If you run across them just don't mess with them and be on your merry way and they'll leave you alone too. Unless your holding a Ranka concert then you better give them tickets or else.
>>
>>13468095
I don't remember there being any NUNS assets taking part in the battle above the Vajra homeworld in the TV series besides whatever was stationed on Frontier.
>>
File: 1667127.jpg (52KB, 528x528px) Image search: [Google]
1667127.jpg
52KB, 528x528px
>>13466736

Macross Delta? More like MACROGEASS CODELTA... amirite?
>>
>>13468170
>I don't remember
Maybe you should watch again.
>>
>>13468036
Amusingly, Macross Triangle Frontier had a mission when you had to defend Macross City from the Vajra on your own.

>And we only had 2 fucking VFs defending us!
>>
File: RIMG4762.jpg (170KB, 900x1291px) Image search: [Google]
RIMG4762.jpg
170KB, 900x1291px
>>13468170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKiu30uKR7s
Alto is even flying a NUNS VF.
>>
>>13468463
Frontier's NUNS forces, nigga, not the overall NUNS.

They're pretty much Frontier's military.
>>
The Idols each support a pilot. Redhead idol probably the one who supports the red head older guy. Maybe she's his daughter?
>>
>>13468486
They still haven't said how they support them. Probably through singing but is that it?
>>
>>13468663
That's all you need in Macross senpai
>>
>>13468040

They did the same thing to the Macross 7 fleet. "Yeah, we'll give you the keys to your reaction warheads, but we're not gonna send help."

No wonder the fleets eventually won the right to autonomus government.
>>
>>13468867
Well, its better to let them govern themselves, how many goddamn lightyears are they from Earth?
If something needs a nuke to be killed and they need to report to Earth before using their nukes, its delaying the fleet's defences.

Besides, the purpose of the fleets are to spread humanity and its allies out so they don't get wiped out easily. If the others send help, they risk the aliens attacking them as well.

Galaxy was rekt by the Vajra and they sent a distress signal to Frontier, which is relatively nearby.
If Frontier isn't already under attack from the Vajra, they have a valid reason to not send help, not to mention Galaxy's shady shit.
>>
How quickly could the cavalry even get from Earth to Frontier or a similarly distant migration fleet?
>>
>>13468953
Well, if they are using the new Fold drive LAI made in Frontier, they can reach there pretty quickly.
If its the old ones, they will have to cross fold faults and it certainly will take a while.

Their fold SOS signals are also subject to fold faults so it really will take a while.

Its best to call a nearby fleet or deal with it on your own.
>>
>>13468194
Your joke is almost as old and washed up as you are Misa
>>
>>13468953
Near instant.
>>
>>13470666

Why does it take the immigration fleets several years to get from Earth to their current locations? Are they scouting for habitable planets at the same time or something?
>>
>>13467119

Weren't the Nomes Polynesian?
>>
>>13466736
>yfw they are the valkyries
>>
>>13470696
That's the entire point of the immigration fleets. That's what they were looking for in 7 and Frontier.
>>
>>13470696
I believe it takes geometrically more energy to fold a larger object for a large distance. Hence why the Frontier's 1000 light year fold was such a big deal. Also the matter of gathering resources along the way for industry and fuel, probably consumables like water and atmospheric gases too.
>>
>>13470666
Time dilation during space folding is a thing in Macross.

>>13470696
That, and it takes hours (and maybe even days, I don't recall precisely) to charge up the drives to move those massive colony ships. And they can probably only go so far before needing to de-fold and begin charging again.
>>
>>13470838

You'd think they'd use a overtechnology Hubble or drones to find potential Earth-like planets before getting a fleet together.
>>
>>13470866
Not anymore after the events of Frontier. With the data gathered from the vajra humanity can now fold without time dilation effects.
>>
File: MacrossGalaxy3.jpg~original.jpg (30KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
MacrossGalaxy3.jpg~original.jpg
30KB, 640x360px
>>13468902
In the TV series it was a fake. Galaxy Mainland is still out there.

In the movies it is flipped. They don't know what happened with Battle Galaxy. It is missing according to the movie mechanical version in Macross Chronicle. Galaxy fleet was attacked and mainland likely destroyed but Battle Galaxy isn't accounted for.
>>
>>13471304

Battle Galaxy getting punched in the cock was the best part of the TV series.
>>
>>13468149

I really hope there's some Vajra just hanging out at one of the concerts in Delta, maybe raving with all the Zentradi with glowsticks using bioluminescence.
>>
>>13471786
The Vajra Queen sends a drone to every one of Ranka's concerts so it can livestream it to the rest of the hive mind.
>>
>>13471895
Kawamori brought this up during the Delta event. It's canon.
>>
>>13471895
Best Queen ever.

>Send a unit to concerts so the entire hive can watch it in real time
>>
>>13472596
Woah, really? I was just bullshitting.
>>
>>13472596
>that's bullshit but i believe it.jpg
>>
>>13468481
>Frontier's NUNS forces
There's no difference between NUNS stationed on Frontier or on the other Macross fleets or colonies. NUNS are there as a universal military force supporting those affiliated with them.
>>
Each colony is an independent state right? NUNS isn't lording over them?
>>
>>13473410
I was saying that NUNS didn't send any additional support, from Earth or whatever.
>>
>>13473410
They have no difference, yes, but they are stationed on Frontier.
The military of the Frontier is the NUNS forces attached to it since the beginning of the fleet, effectively, they are Frontier's forces. They take orders from Frontier's president, not NUNS HQ on Earth.

The Quarter sent a message to Earth to ask for help before the ending of TV Frontier, but they never appeared. The external non-Frontier help only appeared in the movie.
>>
>>13472684
>>13471895
>streaming in 1080p Super Dimension HD
>>
>>13466736
>>the story will take place on different planets
Nice.
>>
>>13466736
>Aidorus won't be flying valkyries
Are you absolutely certain of that? Has it been confirmed in any way other than by baseless /m/ speculation?
>>
>>13478113
Idols flying the valkyries was the baseless /m/ speculation.
>>
>>13478121
Damn, would have been pretty sweet if that was the case.

On an unrelated note, how many of the characters do you figure are Zentradi/part-Zentradi, other than the red haired pilot girl?
>>
>>13478170
We're supposed to get some of those aliens from the Macross 7 OVA with the neck ferrets, too.

On an unrelated note, does Seventh Moon exist as a Fire Bomber song in-universe?
>>
>>13478204
Probably. Maybe, like Diamond Calling, 1 2 3... Nights and Dynamite Explosion. The only instance of the last being played is in SRW Z2 and Z3.
>>
File: vf31.jpg (113KB, 599x593px) Image search: [Google]
vf31.jpg
113KB, 599x593px
>>13478113
They had a live stream for the character reveal a few weeks ago. Translators confirmed they said the idols are not pilots.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLo1Stshxp4

Monster Hunter-Macross Delta cross promotion.
>>
Frontier-related questions:

Do I have to watch the anime if I want to watch the movies?
I've heard False Songstress is like what the Gurren Lagann movies were to its anime.
>>
>>13487033
Watch the movies if you don't mind missing out on 90% of the story.
>>
>>13479093
but doesn't mean the Valk Pilots can't be women like Meltran girl
>>
quick question, should i watch DYRL or skip right to macross plus
>>
>>13488697
Watch DYRL then Plus.
>>
>>13488698
copy that, also, should i go with OVA's for plus or just watch the movie
>>
>>13488705
OVA for action, movie for better ending and plot. So both.
>>
>>13488744
There should be made a fan version with the 4 OVAs and the new minutes from the movie.
>>
>>13466736
So this is a shitty reprise of Zentran vs Mentrans with awful music and moe. I want to puke.
>>
File: ye olde macross 7.jpg (158KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
ye olde macross 7.jpg
158KB, 760x596px
>>

That's horrible.
>>
>>13470666

No. That's a F movie only thing and those movies were full of dumb bullshit.
>>
>>13487033

Movies cut a lot of the story and are generally dumber. Final battle is also much worse.

It's just fanservice for people who saw TV series. Concerts look amazing and some fights look a bit better.
>>
>>13489749

they did, and it sucks. it's called 'macross plus complete'. fan-made thing that was floating around torrents a few years ago.
>>
I just want more details to come out so people stop making horrible assumptions based off of no evidence.
>>
Nothing new until December I'm sure, so...
>>
File: supervision_army_wreckage.png (470KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
supervision_army_wreckage.png
470KB, 720x540px
Not that I expect this to come up in Delta, but whatever happened to the Supervision Army? I read that they were explained as the brainwashed army of the Protodeviln created during Protoculture times, but we never actually saw them in Macross 7, did we? In 7, the reawakened Protodeviln served up a new batch culled from modern humans, right? They didn't reunite with the old Supervision Army.

So, is the Supervision Army still just traveling around the galaxy, keeping a low profile? When I first watched SDFM, I thought they were building up to some confrontation. These were the guys responsible for the Macross itself, I thought they'd be a bigger deal.
>>
>>13500660
The Supervision Army is pretty much a mop up operation in modern times.

This is why they tend to attack Factory Satellites and booby trap their ships.

I think it is more accurate to say humanity is avoiding Boddole size fleets as even with Earth's defense grid it is grim.

Friendship with Vajra is fortunate that humanity may have a chance weathering a Boddole fleet. In the Wings of Goodbye we saw a gutted fortress serving as a Vajra nest.

Humanity hasn't encountered almost 5 million sized fleet since Space War 1. Macross II continuity not so lucky as humanity encountered 3 Zentrandi fleets and 1 Meltrandi fleet after DYRL.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.