[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Extra juicy! | Home]

>tfw rewatching Code Geass and its still the best show ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 276
Thread images: 32

File: 1446745591625.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446745591625.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
>tfw rewatching Code Geass and its still the best show ever made
Did anime peak with it? Nothing was ever as good since then
>>
It really is.
>>
>>13461783
>hideous artstyle
>mecha designs start off good and get stupid
>did I mention that artstyle?
>Horrid, unlikable characters

Yeh, OP, best ever made.

You'd best be trollin, OP
>>
>>13461806
>hideous artstyle

What? Lelouch is handsome
>>
File: hqdefault(4).jpg (41KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hqdefault(4).jpg
41KB, 480x360px
>>13461832
>Clamp noodle insects
>"handsome"
fujo megawhale detected
>>
>>13461783
-------->> /a/
>>
File: 1446748238319.jpg (62KB, 580x472px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446748238319.jpg
62KB, 580x472px
>>13461783
Better then G-wreckO
>>
>>13461854
As much as I dislike Chode Gayass, it's a mecha show.
>>
It has some good ideas that's unfortunately mixed in with ton of shitty tropes designed specifically to appeal to every known otaku demographic, and ends up dragging everything down as a result.
>>
>>13461860
Saying it's the best is an /a/ shitpinion.
>>
It's pretty good as a Char story, and I liked Leouch's awful tale of "it just can't get worse than this." Had a pretty good sense of humor, too. Solid 8/10.

>>13461806
>>Horrid, unlikable characters
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>13461854
>>>/a/133177799
>>
>>13461783
A/Z
pleb pls
>>
File: 1446765066435.png (163KB, 315x374px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446765066435.png
163KB, 315x374px
>>13461912
EBIN
>>
File: 139947842460.png (197KB, 428x620px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
139947842460.png
197KB, 428x620px
>>13461912
Their post numbers are so much bigger than ours.
>>
>>13461951
>post envy
/a/ is the oldest and 4th or 5th largest board.
/m/ is like 20th or something...

/m/ could be merged with /a/ without a blink.
>>
>>13461783
Nobunaga The Fool

/thread
>>
>>13461912
>Everyone knows the /m/ shit made CG 9/10 instead of 10/10 if it was actual fights happening. Mechas make everything worse.
>>
>>13461988
it's true though
>>
>>13461988
Mecha was pointless in CG, desu senpai.
Fans didn't care about Frames, neither did the creators.
>>
>>13462005
I cared about the KMFs. I mean, sure, Sutherlands were just shameless ripoffs of the KLF grunts from E7, but still. Skating isn't used that often and Lancelot is my favorite Gundam.
>>
>>13462022
Season 2 destroyed any enthusiasm by having them go straight to Seed flying beamspam.

In fact everything was garbage in S2, except to fujos and lolTrainwrecklol faggots.,
>>
>>13462037
Season 2 got really, really stupid. Just obscenely so, and that was fun. But the fights were shit.
>>
>>13462037
beam disco ball of doom was the highlight of the show though
>>
I like Code Geass a lot but this is just bait.

No, it's not the best show ever. Anyone who thinks that is wrong. Same if you think the opposite.
>>
>>13461806
CLAMP´'s art style is okay.
Mecha designs were variable. Some good. some not.
Art style is not that bad. People can watch stuff with Hirai's sameface all the time.
Characters are a mixed bag. Some likable, some not.
>>
>>13462144
But shows are either pure shit or solid gold, don't you browse /m/
>>
>>13461988
Actually nope. The anime is better than the manga adaptation because it has the robots. So that's not true.

That said, I'll agree most S2 fights were kind of boring (with exceptions such as ep 4~6 and ep 25's among others).
>>
>>13462022
Eh, everything is a ripoff if we're going that route. E7 has a lot of Gundam/Macross influence for instance in its robot designs.
>>
>>13462005
That's not really true. The best frames were cool and I like seeing them in a few games.
>>
>>13462037
Well, that's the problem with a lot of Sunrise robot shows where the technology gets a little too powerful too quickly.

Despite what you say, I liked the Shinkirou as well as the Guren Flight Type. SEITEN and Albion did have some spamming, but way less than the Strike Freedom by far where you have a robot that can shoot six lasers at the same time or whatever. The most powerful KMFs could still go into proper melee combat.
>>
>>13462164
>Eh, everything is a ripoff if we're going that route. E7 has a lot of Gundam/Macross influence for instance in its robot designs.
Nigga, these are the same fucking robots
>>
>>13462282
I disagree. Sutherlands don't really look like KLF grunts to me. Those had plenty of difference.

There's some stylistic commonality from the Nirvash in the Lancelot, though that's because both shows had Eiji Nakada involved.
>>
File: KallenSetsuna.png (176KB, 742x442px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
KallenSetsuna.png
176KB, 742x442px
So /m/, Kallen really is a better pilot than Suzaku?
>>
>>13461783
That's not how you spell "Gundam 00", Anon.
>>
>>13462400
She's better at piloting dicks
>>
>>13462400
Don't start
>>
>>13462400
Only if you're a waifu fag
>>
>>13462400
Kallen is 2nd best. Suzaku is best.
>>
>>13462514
>backstabbig bastard with no sense of loyalty, justice, or even UNDERSTANDING
>good
>>
>>13462514
If he's better why does he lose to someone who doesn't even have a Geass?
>>
>>13462603
Who?
>>
>>13462583
>backstabbig bastard with no sense of loyalty, justice, or even UNDERSTANDING
Lelouch?
>>
>>13462400
I am damm sure Suzaku raped Kallen.
>>
>>13462400
My dick says yes and my dick is rarely wrong
>>
>>13462801
Everything Lelouch did, he did for his mother, for his sister, and for everyone but himself. Who got fucked worse than anyone in the series? Lelouch.

Plus Suzaku turned into a bitch before the second season shenanigans.
>>
>>13461783
no thats just your shit taste speaking
>>
>>13461951
>>13461975
They also simply have more people visit and post there than here.
>>
>>13462185
>Well, that's the problem with a lot of Sunrise robot shows where the technology gets a little too powerful too quickly.

No that's just the reality of war. When one side gets something new and shiny, it's only a matter of time until the other side reverse-engineers it and has their own version of the thing.

Except Guren's arm. The Britannians never replicate that
>>
>Didn't I just see this thread on /a/
>>13461912
>>>/a/133177799
>Oh right
>>13462400
>What's this fleshbag doing in my room?
>I wish I was piloting Exia
>She doesn't smell like GN particles
>Why'd Tieria let this slip.
>Why does Sumeragi hate me?
>I bet she doesn't even wanna be a Gundam
>>
File: Luluneedswater.jpg (188KB, 1827x986px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Luluneedswater.jpg
188KB, 1827x986px
When is the fourth Akito episode going to be subbed? Lulu went full moe and I need to know how he gets out of Shaing's clutches.
>>
>>13463297
It's got subs on the BD, no? Just a matter of someone ripping it.
>>
>>13461783
It's entertaining in part because it didn't follow many of the various cliche's often used in anime for its genre. A healthy dose of historical fiction, drama, suspense and intrigue all wrapped up in a gaudy theatrical bow. I'd compare it to Baccano enjoyable entertainment wise.
>>
>>13463297
Why is Suzaku so angry with Lelouch, again? Just because he killed Euphy or is there more?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUEK7Wbf5Fg

JIBUN
>>
I got around to watching all of CG for the first time not long ago, and, in my opinion, it's up there with the greats.

I'm not saying it's the outright best, but it's high on the tier list for sure.

>>13462400
Of course, she outright beats him everytime the two fought.

The only time the two were on a equal level was during the final fight. And she still (technically) beat him.
>>
>>13463129
>Everything Lelouch did, he did for his mother, for his sister, and for everyone but himself.
>>
>>13463397
Brainwash the love of your life into committing mass genocide right before her and your wish comes true once, and everyone treats Lelouch like a villian.


Honestly speaking, Suzaku has every right to be a bitch to Lelouch.
>>
>>13463129
>Everything Lelouch did, he did for his mother, for his sister, and for everyone but himself.
TOP FUCKING KEK! Did you even watch the show? Everything Lelouch did was for his own selfish petard which winded up not really amounting to everything in the end because his parents was in on everything that transpired, he just used Nunally as an excuse for every heinous act he did ut he was an incredibly petty person. Suzaku actually wanted to be that knight but couldn't do to his own guilt.

>>13464106
Kallen never outright beats him, the only time when she had the advantage was ironically enough was when her mech got upgraded before his.

>The only time the two were on a equal level was during the final fight.
Nope. SEITEN is stronger.

> And she still (technically) beat him.
No she didnt.
>>
>>13464151
You sure? I swore she beaten him most of the time.

Also I suppose I was wrong about the final fight.
>>
>>13464163
>I swore she beaten him most of the time.
Then you need to re-watch the show.
>>
>>13464164
Hmm, maybe I should.
>>
File: rujoking.jpg (66KB, 711x560px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rujoking.jpg
66KB, 711x560px
>>13463347
>It's entertaining in part because it didn't follow many of the various cliche's often used in anime for its genre
>>
>>
File: these.png (217KB, 742x442px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
these.png
217KB, 742x442px
>>13463280
>>13462400
>>
File: 1426210866977.jpg (57KB, 600x574px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1426210866977.jpg
57KB, 600x574px
>>13464191
Excellent.
>>
>>13464151
>Everything Lelouch did was for his own selfish petard
Not true. He had various intentions behind his action, including those that were in fact for others rather than himself. He literally spells out that changing the world for Nunnnally's sake was his priority. The fact you think that's an excuse seems to run counter to what the character himself says multiple times. I wouldn't call him a true knight though, since neither him nor Suzaku actually were ones.

>Kallen never outright beats him, the only time when she had the advantage was ironically enough was when her mech got upgraded before his.

Which is exactly what happened when Suzaku got his own upgrades too, including the Conquista. Arguably the regular Lancelot was stronger than the Guren too.
>>
>>13464163
The final fight was obviously a tie. Good luck getting extremists on either side to agree.
>>
>>13464210
>Not true.
>Spells it out for you from the very first episode
>>
>>13464149
Not too much. He had a right to be angry on a personal level, but his loyalty to Britannia made things worse for his fellow Japanese. He didn't allow them the right to rebel, which is universally recognized.
>>
>>13464212
Yeah, I can see it that way now.
>>
>>13464213
First episode has Lelouch trying to save the terrorists in the truck and looking shocked at the carnage of innocents by Brits. Second episode has him consciously stop the ghetto killings, which he didn't strictly need to do.
>>
>>13464210
>Not true. He had various intentions behind his action, including those that were in fact for others rather than himself.
Nope, his entire motivation was built by his own selfish and petty mindset for revenge against Britannia and used Nunnally as a escapegoat for his actions all the time and if you even bothered to watch the show you'd realize that too since he says so himself that he can't use Nunally anymore.

>The fact you think that's an excuse seems to run counter to what the character himself says multiple times

Uh...no it doesn't? Everything he did was for his own selfish reasons and nobody else, he never got what his sister wanted until the end of the show that was what he thought she wanted. Lelouch was a very selfish, egotistic petty person.

> I wouldn't call him a true knight though
>>13464151
> Suzaku actually wanted to be that knight but couldn't do to his own guilt.

Never called him a true knight, its like you don't even fucking read.

>Which is exactly what happened when Suzaku got his own upgrades too

Nope, all their battles were even in the first season, when Suzauka got the Conquista Guren got the Eight Types in the same battle.

>Arguably the regular Lancelot was stronger than the Guren too.
And this is shit you pulled out your ass
>>
File: 865465435787.jpg (41KB, 600x594px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
865465435787.jpg
41KB, 600x594px
>>13464200
Thanks
>>
>>13464214
>but his loyalty to Britannia made things worse for his fellow Japanese
Uh...except Suzaku saved the Japanese because without his intervention they would have been extinct, pretty much everything that happened to Japan was through their own doing.

>He didn't allow them the right to rebel, which is universally recognized.
And this is wrong as well.
>>
>>13464220
>First episode has Lelouch trying to save the terrorists in the truck and looking shocked at the carnage of innocents by Brits
Wrong

> Second episode has him consciously stop the ghetto killings, which he didn't strictly need to do.
Wrong again. He only wanted to get close to Clovis to kill him.
>>
>>13464224
>Guren got the Eight Types in the same battle.

You mean Flight-Enabled, right?

S.E.I.T.E.N wasn't until Tokyo.
>>
File: 1446685084847.png (2MB, 1920x1320px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446685084847.png
2MB, 1920x1320px
>>13464214
If he hadn't done that, Japan would have been completely obliterated and any rebellion would have been impossible.

>He didn't allow them the right to rebel, which is universally recognized.
It's universally recognized that you didn't watch the show
>>
>>13464224
Well, you clearly dislike Lelouch as a person and cannot see any of his positive traits. It doesn't seem useful to debate what is a purely persona position.
>>
>>13464224
>he can't use Nunally anymore.
He literally only says that way, way at the end of the show. And yet he still tells her "I love you" and so forth after geassing her.
>>
>>13464214
Except Suzaku saved them from being wiped out by Britannia, Japan has nothing but themselves to blame for their current situation.

> He didn't allow them the right to rebel
You mean like in episode 8 where the JLF leaders took a hotel full of innocent civilians hostage because MUH FREEDOM? If this show did anything right is that it showed that nationalism is bullshit but it seems like so many people missed that or rather Americunts because a protagonist fight for freedom just can't be wrong.
>>
>>13464224
>when Suzauka got the Conquista Guren got the Eight Types in the same battle.

Episode 6 of R2 is not Episode 18.
>>
>>13464226
>And this is wrong as well.

So you don't know anything about what rights are universal then.
>>
>>13464243
>He literally only says that way, way at the end of the show.
Nope, he actually says this early on in R2. He tries to back down when he sees she's alive BUT is reminded of his situation from Suzaku and is just re-affirming that this isn't about Nunnally anymore. His development throughout R2 was realizing that there was more at stake than his petty revenge so its not surprising that his greatest obstacle was the person he held closest to heart.
>>
>>13464239
Well, you clearly dislike Suzaku as a person and cannot see any of his positive traits. It doesn't seem useful to debate what is a purely persona position.
>>
>>13464239
Sorry kid but I'm not an edgy teenager so its hard for me to sympathize with someone like him. Those seem to be the only people that defends him and his actions nowadays and thinks Suzaku is worse than shit.
>>
>>13464247
>rights are universal
Americunt pls
>>
File: troll line.jpg (7KB, 125x125px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
troll line.jpg
7KB, 125x125px
Code Geass is inarguably one of the shittiest franchises in /m/-dom next to Gundam and nobody gives a shit about some shitty musical ripoff of a shitty series, except what, a small handful or so of entertainment starved man-children? Pathetic.

Your whiny post is a clear indicator of the caliber of people this show attracts. That is, a very low rate of person.
>>
>>13464284
Holy fuck! Someone turned my post into a pasta?
I'm flattered.
>>
>>13464284
Gundam hater and Geass hater all in one.
>>
>>13464234
>>13464244
>>13464226
Samefag
>>
>>13464224
Lancelot beats Guren on paper and in practice dude
>>
>>13464306
Only because Karen never worked on her Sekiha Tenkyoken.
>>
File: samefag2.jpg (92KB, 510x1499px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
samefag2.jpg
92KB, 510x1499px
>>13464302
>>
>>13463280
Exactly what I thought.
>>
>>13464224

If it were all for himself, the show wouldn't have ended with his suicide-by-cop

not that it did anyway
>>
File: 1446404566991.jpg (35KB, 632x483px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446404566991.jpg
35KB, 632x483px
>>13465717
>the show wouldn't have ended with his suicide-by-cop
>suicide not being the most selfish thing a person can do to his or herself.
>>
>>13465749

Says someone that's never attempted it
>>
>>13465751
Are you retarded? Suicide is a very selfish thing because you're taking your own life at the expense of the people who care for you and is considered an easy way out. Lelouch killed himself due to his own selfish whims and retardation, he didn't have to do so because as his sister said she was happiest with him but nope MUH SINS TOO GREAT CAN'T LIVE ANYMORE.
>>
>>13465782
>Are you retarded?

no just someone that attempted it and lived
>>
>>13465782
Lelouch killed himself because it absolved all of his accomplices of his crimes, dickhead. That's also why he used Geass on Nunnally even though she's a useless little cripple.

>>13465803
Blog elsewhere
>>
>>13465751
>>13465803

It feels selfless for the person attempting it, but everyone else impacted by it would almost always consider it selfish. The very reason people try to commit suicide is often related to a skewed sense of self-worth.
>>
>>13465803
Failure.
>>13465782
Christians, pls
You can't guilt trip miserable people to live.
There is nothing wrong with dying.
It's the most natural thing.

Also, nips view SUDOKUing as proper atonement, like most types of chinks.
>>
>>13465836
>Source: My ass.
>>
>>13465837
Because when I think of a mentally stable culture, I think of the Japanese.
>>
>>13465836
That's the drama queens who jump off ledges.
Lulu followed a plan that worked and lead to a successful conclusion in show.

Your hang ups aren't his, faggot.
>>
>>13465836
>The very reason people try to commit suicide is often related to a skewed sense of self-worth.

Or they're in pain or just want it to end. You're against people like Kevorkian too aren't you?
>>
>>13465844
That's incredibly naive and judgmental of you.
Le downvote.
>>
>>13465844
It matters because your talking about a show written for and by Nips, you fucking moron.

What you think of their culture is irreverent.
>>
File: 35678788.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
35678788.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
Life is a gift, you edgy cunts.
>>
File: bill nye.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bill nye.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>13465821
>Lelouch killed himself because it absolved all of his accomplices of his crimes,
>>
>>13465837
>You have to be a Christian to look down on suicide
>It's natural to kill yourself

Oh to be young and stupid.
>>
>>13465851
>Or they're in pain or just want it to end
That;s completely different and there's methods that don't involve killing yourself.
>>
>>13465849
>The very reason people try to commit suicide is often related to a skewed sense of self-worth.
>B-b-b-b-but he planned it

More proof that people who defend this faggot are underaged.
>>
>>13465905
Lulu did nothing wrong.
Nor did he feel he did wrong.

Only person he felt guilty about was Euphy and Shelly.
That faggot Rolo got killed so he let Smugzaku shiv him, it's pretty fucking simple and personal.

He never gave a fuck about the millions that were killed in show.
>>
Lelouch and Suzaku were both far too gone to be saved which is why they came up with something as retarded as Zero's Requiem. The whole reason why Lelouch even did was because he had lost everything and Suzaku wanted a way to punish himself, it was far from a selfless act but a lover's suicide between two edgy teens who had no one to turn to in their hour of need, I think this is the reason why you can avoid it altogether in Z2 as bad as that game was.
>>
>>13465920
>there's methods that don't involve killing yourself.
So, killing yourself solves it all.

>>13465925
>>13465911
You have no arguments against suicide other then "it's selfish, yer a faggot, lol fedora"
An actually suicidal shit won't care.
And you have nothing to counter about the terminally ill.

You're just another self righteous douche meme'ing on 4chan.
>>
>>13465950
>Lulu did nothing wrong.
Pretty much ruined the lives of everyone he came in contact with, threw the world into chaos and broke all ties with the people who loved and respected him. That's far from doing nothing wrong.

>Nor did he feel he did wrong.
Whole reason why he killed himself was that he thought his sins were too great or whatever.

>stuff

Either underage or /b/. I can't believe we still keep getting stupid posts like these.
>>
>>13465960
"S2 was garbage"
There, I saved you a paragraph.
Feel free to use it next time.
>>
>>13465982
>So, killing yourself solves it all.
Not really. There's always a solution outside killing yourself.
>>
>>13465982
>You have no arguments against suicide other then "it's selfish, yer a faggot, lol fedora"
And you have no arguments for suicide period. Just that apparently a mentally inefficient person is stable enough to make his own choices or that there exist a pain that medical producers have not found to subdue so the only reason is to kill yourself.
>>
>>13465991
>>13465986
Just say "You'll go to hell, Jesus loves you!"
You can drop the edgy act.
>>
>>13465982
Suicide is largely a mental thing its not something people just decide willy nilly when they wake up and its looked down upon in many cultures, there is seldom ever a case in which suicide is the way to go.

Because that person is mentally ill, of course he/she won't care because to them the only way to go is to kill oneself that's why there exist treatment for them.

>And you have nothing to counter about the terminally ill.
Are you fucking retarded? If suicide was the only option for terminal illness people would have offed themselves centuries ago, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1446817077016.jpg (14KB, 311x377px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446817077016.jpg
14KB, 311x377px
>>13465991
So, killing yourself solves it all.
>>
>>13466012
The only one being edgy here is you kid. What's the matter? You hated when mom dragged you to church every Sunday.
>>
>>13465990
>No argument

Try not to quote me if you have nothing constructive to say.

>>13466012
Not even them but there's plenty of way to get through suicidal tendencies that does not involve religion. If anycase you really do sound like a fedora tipper.
>>
What just happened here?
>>
File: rlm.gif (554KB, 250x188px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rlm.gif
554KB, 250x188px
>>13466019
Not really. There's always a solution outside killing yourself.

But you should try killing yourself since you seem to believe its that easy.
>>
>>13465986
Lulu did nothing wrong.
He chose to be a King instead of a Pawn.
You can't win wars or revolutions being a nice guy.
Even aside from the very premise of the show being about violence, you are a delusional middle class bourgeois scum.
>>
>>13466034
One edgy cunt walked into a thread.
>>
>>13466034
Lulufags are fedora tippers.
>>
File: 1446733712814.jpg (32KB, 409x393px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446733712814.jpg
32KB, 409x393px
>>13466034
Justice Fags battling Edge Lords.
Or rather.
A justicefag and an edgelord circlejerk.
>>
File: tips durarara.png (104KB, 304x352px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tips durarara.png
104KB, 304x352px
>>13466037
>>
>>13466037
Geassfags everyone
>>
>>13466053
>>13466040
>>13466062
Lulu confirmed for worst Char.
>>
>>13466056
So Lulu and Suzu going at it?
>>
Lelouch has to die because the thing he wants more than anything is to live, and Suzaku has to live because the thing he wants is to die (and can't thanks to the shenanigans of the geass)

The director outright says this in the commentary
>>
>>13466072
Not really. Char died a miserable failure and people still shit on him and his ideals after his death while Lulu died accomplishing what he set out to do even if it was selfish and stupid.
>>
>>13466081
Quite apt.
>>
>>13466085
Wow what a hack. It was obvious from the get go what would transpire.
>>
File: 57963686.jpg (94KB, 350x524px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
57963686.jpg
94KB, 350x524px
>>13466085
>>
>>13466085
Not sure what kind of life Suzaku can even have at this point. Cursed to be masked at all times. Who can he even trust with the secret of who he is(other than nunnally)?
>>
>>13466113
A long life of power fucking a hot blonde who can't run away.
And a cool mask, it's every Jap's fantasy.
>>
>>13466104

THat's not applicable, Lucas said that to point out that the event in prequels characters' lives are repeated in some way in the OT.

Goro is just going with basic theming.
>>
>>13465960
Z2 just needed them alive. Because it is more fun. Same reason Kamille did not go nuts either, earlier in Z. Or why so many dead people including villains stick around when they die in canon.
>>
>>13465986
He did free Japan and all the areas so you are giving him no credit for the progress the world will achieve through the UFN and the elimination of warmongering empires.
>>
>>13466072
Char was a delusional manchild who only becomes constructive as a ghost in Unicorn
>>
>>13466381
At least Lelouch was only 17.
>>
>>13466085
Not in the commentary and not by the director either. I own the Geass DVDs. That was from a licensed guide book
>>
>>13466362
And you're excusing his crimes especially when all that shit was through force which the UFN didn't agree upon.
>>
>>13466339
No they actually say his plan was retarded, they just saved Kamille and the rest from their fates.
>>
>>13466409

No, they just say there is a better way in a crossover world where you have extra characters and additional circumstances. Which is why it's a fallacy to suggest they would retroactively apply that out of context.

Not to mention that Kamille's kamikaze attack on Scirocco (he put up no defense other than NEWTYPE GHOSTS) was also pretty dumb.
>>
>>13466403

Excusing? No. He is still responsible for the consequences of his actions, both positive and negative. Take a wider look.
>>
It's a simple fact that the show portrays the end justifying the means, which was Lelouch's point of view, as preferrable to Suzaku's facade of righteous masochism.
>>
>>13465782

Suicide is only part of the answer. Lelouch always wanted to have an impact on the world before death. He's afraid of dying without accomplishing anything. The plan allows him to simultaneously produce a better status quo and also choose his punishment. The goal matches his original aspirations and at least is preferrable ton Britannia trying to oppress every other nation, Schneizel threatening people with nukes or Charles turning all of them into mystical juice.
>>
>>13466429
>No, they just say there is a better way in a crossover world where you have extra characters and additional circumstances
...which had the exact same conflicts of the show
....which had an alternate route in which you can avoid ZR in general

You have no leg to stand

>Not to mention that Kamille's kamikaze attack on Scirocco (he put up no defense other than NEWTYPE GHOSTS) was also pretty dumb.

It was to show the consequences Kamille had to deal with for using up his power and the tragedies of war that was beyond his cricumstance. Lelouch and Suzaku did what they did because they were just stupid teenagers.

>>13466443
Then bringing up that is pointless.

>>13466459
Yes and that's still very selfish of him, why is that so hard for you understand? Hooray he gets to die in a way he wants to without learning nothing because of the power at his disposal rather than in complete failure. That doesn't change the fact that what he did was to satisfy his own petard only this time he didn't ruin more lives as a result.
>>
>>13466429
The conflict is exactly the same autist and you have the option to choose to avoid it altogether as oppose to just asspulling it in the after effect.
>>
>>13466490
You literally have a dozen villain and hero factions added to a world where space travel now exists as a normal thing and the conflict is exactly the same?
>>
>>13466443
You're pretty much trying to soften his crimes by bringing those up which is still pointless because that was only accomplished by spilling more senseless blood and conflict.
>>
>>13466496
The follow the same conflict as thd TV series, are you just purposely trying to be stupid?
>>
>>13466486
>>13466490
You don't need to write the same exact thing twice.
>>
>>13466486
Kamille was also a stupid teenager and even Tomino decided to change the ending for the films.
>>
>>13461912
Just took a look at that thread and /a/ seems like /m/ but slightly gayer.
>>
>>13466497
Going by your logic, then nobody in the history of the world should ever create a resistance or rebel movement because there will always be more "blood and conflict" when those exist.

Yay, everyone should just eat shit and let themselves be controlled by the government.
>>
>>13466497
>senseless
>>
>>13466486
None of the conflicts from any of the shows included in Z1/2/3 are exactly the same as in their source material and the existence of alternate routes/outcomes in said games has been happening since the SNES/SFC days..
>>
>>13466510
There's more than one person that thinks you're an idiot.

>>13466533
>>13466533
>Going by your logic, then nobody in the history of the world should ever create a resistance or rebel movement because there will always be more "blood and conflict" when those exist.
Except in the fact that IN SHOW people aren't please with Lelouch's actions as Emperor so you're up shit's creek
>>
>>13466550
There's more than one person who realizes you're into samefagging.
>>
>>13466510
If two people are saying the same thing then maybe you're just wrong.

>>13466533
Two wrongs don't make a right and the difference is that those people didn't have magic eye powers to control people or have armies at their disposal
>>
>>13466550
Did you miss that Lelouch was acting evil on purpose? Of course people aren't pleased with that.

Yet the end result is appreciated by both those who realize the truth about his plan and those who can't.
>>
>>13466558
I think you're the only one.

>>13466549
>None of the conflicts from any of the shows included in Z1/2/3 are exactly the same as in their source material
But they are. The conflict in Z2 is exactly like it is in show

> and the existence of alternate routes/outcomes in said games has been happening since the SNES/SFC days..
Except one of them are in expense to a major plot point in the show\, if ZR's was a good thing they wouldn't have a need to remove it
>>
>>13466561
>>13466561
Actually most of them did have armies at their disposal. They didn't have magic, or robots, but that's not the point.
>>
>>13466567
>Did you miss that Lelouch was acting evil on purpose?
Did you miss the fact that he still did all that shit and that people weren't pleased with his actions because of his methids?

>Yet the end result is appreciated by both those who realize the truth about his plan and those who can't.
The people who knew him as a person, everyone else didn't give a shit.
>>
>>13466577
>Actually most of them did have armies at their disposal
Not really, most if not all those conflicts were fought with few men on board, they weren't able to give armies free nilly and they sure as fuck weren't given ammunition to blow up mountains either.
>>
>>13466570
>But they are. The conflict in Z2 is exactly like it is in show

Unfortunately, no. Britannia was not the single greatest threat to world peace.

>Except one of them are in expense to a major plot point in the show\, if ZR's was a good thing they wouldn't have a need to remove it

Major plot points are changed all the time. There is no rule indicating that "good things" are never changed. In fact, quite the opposite. What matter is how much that prevents the original story of the game from continuing.
>>
File: 1446724011130.png (860KB, 891x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1446724011130.png
860KB, 891x1300px
People just don't want to admit that their MC was just an edgy teenager and his plan was just a chunni esque suicide pact. The fact that this plan worked just proves how poorly written this show was.
>>
>>13466578
They are all pleased with the end result. It's not about them praising his actions or not.

They did give a shit though. Not about him, maybe, but about the new situation.
>>
>>13466583
Successful or protracted rebellions often do involve armies that grow in size. "Few men" is an understatement on a historical scale. To say nothing that nature has been severely affected by war, even if not like in the show, because this is fiction.
>>
>>13466587
>Britannia was not the single greatest threat to world peace.
It was within the setting also doesn't change anything.

> There is no rule indicating that "good things" are never changed.

Actually there is. The fact that you have a change to change it proves that it wasn't a good thing much like in Z1 where you had an option to choose whether Gladys goes with Durandel's plan or not. Hell the fact that the game goes over why what Lelouch was planning to do was stupid and he should work for the rest of his life to make amends for his actions rather than killing himself is another kick that it wasn't a good outcome.
>>
>>13466595
>edgy

That word is incredibly misused.

>chunni esque suicide pact

Suicides, including suicide pacts, have existed long before "chuuni" was even a thing.

>The fact that this plan worked just proves how poorly written this show was.

Not really. That just makes the show unrealistic, yet it has no obligation to be realistic.
>>
>>13466600
>They are all pleased with the end result.
Yeah because he's gone not like he left a stable environment, he'll be remember as a figure even more vile than Charles , who ironicaly also wanted to do what he though was best for the world.

What does that have to do with anything. Nobody gave a shit about his sacrifice but the people who knew him, everyone else is thankful to be alive.
>>
Ougi and the Black Knights were a bunch of cunts. Fuck Code Geass.
>>
>>13466595
This. Saying ZR's was good is liking saying the Destiny Plan is good. People are just happy that their MC is accomplished something in teh end regardless of how stupid it was.
>>
File: 1424969817748.jpg (607KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424969817748.jpg
607KB, 1280x720px
>>13466595
I like how Tomino was able to shit on his most popular character Char citing that he was a misguided fool who died a failure accomplishing nothing and how his ideals ultimately did more harm than good in the end. Code Geass is shit because it fails to present both arguments in the end, Lelouch only "wins" because everyone is an idiot, Suzaku never gets a chance to present his because of plot contrivance.
>>
>>13466613
Not the SRW setting, which is what you are foolishly choosing to ignore right now.

There isn't any such rule. Otherwise, quote it.

"Good" things change all the time and especially so when that involves a main character originally dying. Tragic endings, suicide attempts or murders of protagonists are often avoided in SRW, long before Z1 and Z2. Lelouch being convinced to not die is not the only instance of such a plot point being altered for SRW-specific reasons.
>>
>>13466628
It is a stable environment. In fact, it's the shared historical record about responsibility for the war that guarantees people will find common ground.

They're glad to be living in peace and survive. Not just one of those.
>>
>>13466629
Ougi and the Black Knights were a bunch of cunts and got outmaneuvered by Lelouch. Just as planned. Code Geass rules.
>>
>>13466635
> Saying ZR's was good is liking saying the Destiny Plan is good

Bullshit. They have nothing in common.

Charles and Scnneizel would agree with the Destiny Plan, but Lelouch wouldn't.
>>
>>13466675
>Not the SRW setting
I'm talking about the setting for the anime dumbfuck which is largely the same

>There isn't any such rule.
There's never been a SRW that has changed a good event. You're wasting your time.

>"Good" things change all the time
Again, what good things in SRW has changed? Every single change in SRW are always tragic endings and character deaths, the fact that ZR was given an option to change means IT WAS A BAD THING

>Lelouch being convinced to not die is not the only instance of such a plot point being altered for SRW-specific reasons.

It's not even Lelouch's decision its' Ougis
>>
>>13466689
>It is a stable environment
It's not. There's still shit that needs to get done and the cast is stil working on issues, its far from stable its just that there isn't a tyrant to focus on.

You're moving goalposts now.
>>
>>13466707
He didn't say they were similar just that they both were stupid.
>>
>>13466656
>Code Geass is shit because it fails to present both arguments in the end, Lelouch only "wins" because everyone is an idiot, Suzaku never gets a chance to present his because of plot contrivance.
Yep, it did a really piss poor job of presenting its themes and ultimately winding up just repeating what was said in the beginning, it does make the whole thing feel pointless in the end especially since none of teh characters were likable.
>>
>>13466656
Char has always remained popular, so it's arguable that Tomino failed at making the audience turn against him. Assuming that's what he wanted. Amuro does provide a counterpoint to Char, but not for that reason. Char had lived and died in the shadow of his dad. He couldn't get over his rivalry with Amuro either.

Char couldn't move on and was stuck in the past to such an extent that he dies while pathetically criticizing Amuro and recalling Lalah. That said, both of them could have survived and avoided a lot of bloodshed if they were more reasonable during the events of CCA, so Amuro wasn't perfectly correct either.

On the other hand, Code Geass has Lelouch overcoming his dad's obsessions as well as his own delusional attachment to a sister, who can now mature and live without him. He pays for his crimes, which is fair enough. Suzaku's role wasn't about presenting an equivalent argument, since the show pointed out he wasn't truly seeking justice but trying to escape and atone from his own father-killing past. That wasn't a healthy route, even if Lelouch had never showed up, and in the end Suzaku can do more for the world as Zero than as a pet of Britannia.
>>
>>13466708
It's not the same. Lelouch has far more people willing to trust, or even help him, because he was the head of a larger organization. Which also means he still needed to work within it in order to face numerous space-based or just outright planet-sized threats.

>There's never been a SRW that has changed a good event. You're wasting your time

In other words, you're full of crap. So am I wasting my time talking to you? Yeah, pretty much.

>Every single change in SRW are always tragic endings and character deaths, the

Those are not the only changes, which proves your statement is nonsense. Yet even deaths aren't bad things. /m/ likes a lot of those tragic endings in older shows, including the ones made by Tomino, that SRW either partially or completely rewrites. It's silly to claim otherwise, since character deaths are not inherently bad.

>It's not even Lelouch's decision its' Ougis

It is, on the other path. Ougi's decision changes everything only at the point where ZR isn't even under discussion.
>>
>>13466719
It's a better world, not a perfect one, but there is stability.

People are rebuilding and discussing matters with negotiations, not wars.
>>
>>13466728
Then it's as relevant as saying the TTGL epilogue is stupid too.
>>
>>13466760
>Char has always remained popular, so it's arguable that Tomino failed at making the audience turn against him.
Most people who like Char like him because he was flawed not because he was right, before the age of Kira Yamato and Kirito you could make your character flawed and he would still be well-recieved.

>He pays for his crimes, which is fair enough
He pays for his crimes not through justice but his own whims, that's like saying a bank-robber pays for his crimes by shooting himself in the head. The problem is the show gives a half baked reason for his argument to stand rather than exploring it thoroughly, in any other show he would be wrong so Code Geass feels as if its trying to be different but falls flat.

>Suzaku's role wasn't about presenting an equivalent argument
It was or else there would be no point in wasting all that time in R1 showcasing him becoming Knight and Euphie's special area plan in the end it amounted to nothing.
>>
>>13466744
>Yep, it did a really piss poor job of presenting its themes
Except the show wasn't about having a moral argument, so you totally missed the theme(s).
>and ultimately winding up just repeating what was said in the beginning
Even if this were true and not just empty pedantry, coming full circle is a valid storytelling method.
> it does make the whole thing feel pointless in the end

>especially since none of teh characters were likable.
You love presenting personal opinions as facts.
>>
>>13466797
No? They're not remotely similar. It's like you're trying not to make sense.

>>13466790
That does not change the fact that they followed the exact same plot as the anime you fucking idiot, and he still carries out the exact same plan despite having the same position.

>Presents no argument or a time when SRW changed a good event


You're fucking done.

>Those are not the only changes, which proves your statement is nonsense.

Still waiting for those examples kid.

>Yet even deaths aren't bad things
Excatly, Kamina and Lockon are still dead in SRWs but SRW is a what-if game so people expect to be able to save certain characters or change events which SRW does.

>It is, on the other path
.....which still goes about the plan only the cast going over how stupid it was.
>>
>>13466760
Uh...I'm pretty sure people who like Char will admit he was a fool so I;m not sure what you're saying, a character can be flawed but popular

The show spends enough time to think taht was the case they just never did anything with it.

>>13466813
>Except the show wasn't about having a moral argument
It was or else they wouldn't be beating you over the head with it

>Even if this were true and not just empty pedantry, coming full circle is a valid storytelling method.
It's not and it;s poorly done here

>You love presenting personal opinions as facts.
Yep because Ougi and Viletta sure were likable.
>>
>>13466707
>Charles and Scnneizel would agree with the Destiny Plan, but Lelouch wouldn't.
What Charles and Scheizel were doing as different from the Destiny Plan. What Lelouch was doing was similar.
>>
>>13466698
Yeah, Ougi and the others got the best ending. Fuck yeah, Code Geass.
>>
>>13466805
Doesn't stop people from still taking Char's and Zeon's side in discussions, so that's relative. Even then, that statement goes both ways, since Lelouch is also like him in that people like his flaws too. Likewise, you also have those who side with him and consider that his actions were right, but that isn't the only possibility.

>He pays for his crimes not through justice but his own whims, that's like saying a bank-robber pays for his crimes by shooting himself in the head.

There is no such thing as an universal sense of justice, so you'd be wrong by denying that some people think so in the case of such robbers as well as fictional characters. It sounds like you wanted the show to choose only one kind of "justice" (the one you personally agree with) and literally spell out why that's correct. In other words, you think it's impossible for a character like Lelouch to be right. I disagree, and Code Geass didn't need to pick your version of justice in order to have its choices become valid.

Suzaku presented an obstacle to Lelouch, but the show always made it very clear that they would need to join together. Which means one of them, or both as a matter of fact, would need to compromise. Not Suzaku teaching Lelouch to be a good person despite his own mental trauma and death wish. The Special Zone was there to show how Britannia could easily manipulate Euphemia's good intentions. It wasn't a good thing, but a naive ideal at the service of a colonizing power. Suzaku would let a few Elevens live in peace at the expense of everyone else in the country. Britannia couldn't free all of Japan. All they did was create a nicer ghetto.
>>
>>13464228
>Wrong.

Lelouch didn't need to tell Clovis to order a cease-fire, but he did.
>>
>>13466867
>Doesn't stop people from still taking Char's and Zeon's side in discussions
And it doesn't stop people from making "did nothing wrong threads" what teh fuck is your point? The narrative is the franchise presents Char and Zeon as being wrong and their actions irredeemable. Saying "some retards who miss the point side with him" misses the point entirely, people side with Kira and Lacus doesn't make them right.

You're full of shit, saying a character pays for his crimes through his own hands isn't ethical period. It just sounds like you like Lelouch and is willing to except any bullshit the show says even if it makes you look like a fucking idiot in the end, please seek help.

It wasn't about Suzaku teaching Lelouch it was about presenting both arguments in a matter that works for the theme which is fails to do.

>. The Special Zone was there to show how Britannia could easily manipulate Euphemia's good intentions.

This never fucking happens since we never actually see what could have become of it nor does the show come up with an argument that supports your fanfiction.
>>
>>13466826
You just said the fact the Destiny Plan is not similar doesn't matter. What a hypocrite.

They didn't follow the exact same plot as the anime, you lying weasel. Nor does the plan happen in exactly the same way.

>Denies SRW has changed good events when various examples been alluded to before and are common knowledge.

If you're not a moron, then you're an asshole.

Demanding what you do not provide makes you twice as much of a fool. Or a troll.

Which means some people were angry at Kamina and Lockon not being revived, They expected them to be changed, because SRW hasn't only changed "good" events, so you're using a double standard.

>.....which still goes about the plan only the cast going over how stupid it was.

...which shows your argument was piss-poor and contradictory since you totally ignored what happens on each path and randomly brought up Ohgi.
>>
>>13466873
>>13466873
He didn't. He shot him.

>>13466867
Are you fucking for real? Taking action for your own crimes isn't attoning for them, Lelouch was brought in and sentenced for his crimes he literally killed himself before he was brought into the judicial system. You are fucking wrong.

There was nothing in the show that even suggests that was the case since its never actually given a chance to proper due to Lelouch's bad joke. The point is the show presents both arguments poorly, one for being rushed and just wind up making teh cast looking stupid the other for being poorly developed and not being an option in R2.
>>
File: 1445012242254.jpg (18KB, 224x225px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445012242254.jpg
18KB, 224x225px
What is going on?
>>
>>13466901
>You just said the fact the Destiny Plan is not similar doesn't matter. What a hypocrite.
And you brought up the epilogue for TTGL for no reason what does that have to do with anything?

>Demanding what you do not provide makes you twice as much of a fool.
But YOU were the one that made the claim to begin with so its all on you and you still have not presented evidence .

>Which means some people were angry at Kamina and Lockon not being revived

That doesn't change anyting

How is it contradictory when the show is telling you're a dumbass for thinking ZR was good?
>>
>>13466839
>Uh...I'm pretty sure people who like Char will admit he was a fool
Not always, not even around here.

But they did. It just was a facade that Suzaku didn't really have as his genuine motivation.

Both Lelouch and Suzaku were flawed individuals. Neither of them was completely correct, so the morality of their argument was not the point. It was showing how they changed and ultimately teamed up.

It is and it's actually one of the better parts.

Not the point, even though Ougi and Viletta have their fans. Not me.
>>
>>13466906
CGfags are crazy.
>>
>>13466857
Destiny Plan imposes an entire way of life on you, which cannot be changed.

Charles imposes a magical reality on you, which cannot be changed.

Schneizel imposes peace through discipline with nukes on you, which cannot be changed.

Lelouch gives mankind its freedom and does not use magic or nukes on people afterwards.
>>
>>13466863
>implying Code Geass didn't end how Lelouch wanted and their survival all being a part of his plan.
>>
>>13466920
>Not always, not even around here.
You must be new because everything that gets posted around Char is was that he was either an idiot or a pedophile with

He did care about changing Britannia, his motivation was just a reminder that he couldnt back down from it.


It's like poetry it rhymes

>Ougi and Viletta have their fans.
Now you're grasping for straws.
>>
>>13466902
Lelouch only shot Clovis after the cease-fire order. Which came right before asking him about his mother.
>>
>>13466938
>does not use magic or nukes on people afterwards.
>use his magic eyes to ascend the throne
>uses his magic eye to control and influence Schnezel
>uses his magic eye to gain control of a nuke
>The world is forever ensnared in a lie that CANNOT BE CHANGED to maintain a false peace.

Okay
>>
>>13466902
There is no objective method to determine what is or isn't proper atonement. It's a cultural and philosophical debate. Not everyone agrees with the death penalty in the U.S. or with selectively pardoning those on death row either. The judicial system is not consistent from state to state, let alone case to case. Lelouch didn't need to stand before a judge. No mecha anime ends on that note.

Schneizel praises the plan because it will de-activate the rebellion and Lelouch knew the BK organization would be defeated in that case. He only agreed with Euphemia because of Nunnally, not because the plan was good for Japan. Britannia literally started rounding up Kirihara and the others before the ceremony. Suzaku's path would only be an option in the naive world where Euphemia lived yet the reality of Britannian rule was made extremely clear in both seasons. Protagonists being more powerful or more intelligent is fair game in anime, just like how adults are evil is a common theme in Tomino's shows.
>>
>>13466339
>>13466409
>>13466429
>Same reason Kamille did not go nuts either, earlier in Z

That's because Z was using ANT, and Kamille was ok at the end of that.
>>
>>13466938
>Destiny Plan imposes an entire way of life on you
Stopped reading there
>>
>>13466906
CGhaters are crazy.
>>
>>13466950
Never thought I'd see the day where someone defends Jewgi. Truly, /m/ has changed.
>>
>>13466919
TTGL's epilogue is as relevant as the Destiny Plan in that they're both stupid.

Your posts almost always consist of repeating the word "wrong" or denying an argument with insults and not providing any evidence.

It does, because you're being stubborn as fuck about something as simple as SRW games changing all sorts of things, good and bad, as well as killing or not killing characters regardless of that.

All it does is say ZR can be avoided in this situation. Like other events from different series can. That doesn't make any of them wrong, and the script doesn't call anyone a dumbass either.
>>
>>13466997
>No mecha anime ends on that note.
0083

> He only agreed with Euphemia because of Nunnally, not because the plan was good for Japan.

Nope he generally sided with her because he loved her, he didn't give a shit about Japan back then or whether it was right or wrong it was fucking up with his plan for revenge.

>Britannia literally started rounding up Kirihara and the others before the ceremony.
Yeah the trusting Kirihara who was at odds with Britannia and was in charge of teh fuck ups of the JLF, why wouldn't they be after him?

>Suzaku's path would only be an option in the naive world where Euphemia lived yet the reality of Britannian rule was made extremely clear in both seasons

The fact that he was able to become a knight proved it wasn't naive nor was it far attached from reality but then you're the jackass who agrees with a plan that involved a guy with a magic eye power commanding an army to remove his countries grip on nations as being more realistic .

Except in Tomino shows both sides pay for their arrogance.
>>
>>13467044
>0083

Not him, but Synapse was given the choice to take him own life in order to avoid standing trial, which he did.
>>
>>13466976
Enslaving Schneizel (and the nobles) is the least he deserved. Do you care about him?

It's a lie that only hurts Lelouch himself and benefits everyone else.

All those other magic eye uses still leave 99% of humanity with free will.
>>
>>13467023
>TTGL's epilogue is as relevant as the Destiny Plan in that they're both stupid.
But TTG epilogue makes sense its only stupid if you believe Simon would use spiral power to keep Nia alive after all the shit that transpired in the final battle against the Anti-Spiral

Still no examples.

No it says that it was stupid and that Lelouch needs to find another way to attone than the easy way out if you believed in ZR then you are a dumbass.
>>
>>13467057
>It's okay when Lelouch does

Geassfags
>>
>>13467022
I'm not defending him. You're the one praising him, when in fact he was being used for a larger goal and only survived because Lelouch needed someone like him around.
>>
>>13467044

Except 0083's trials were not based on justice. It was all a cover-up.

Loving her makes it even worse, and part of what I already said, because he never believed the plan was inherently good. He gave a shit about Japan in as much as its freedom was necessary for his rebellion. A fake freedom under a SAZ would hurt both.

So you think everyone should have been happy to live under a system where a simple change of leader can lead to ghetto massacres?

He only became a knight due to Euphemia. Everyone else hated on him. The fact you think a guy who hated himself to death and agreed to serve a colonial power is on the right side of history makes me want to puke.

Tomino shows have plenty of cartoon villains and make children the heroes instead.
>>
>>13467069
Geassfags who can count the number of people affected by the other plans and their permanent effects on free will. Which it seems you can't, since you think Schneizel's freedom is the same value as that of the entire human race.
>>
Not that I want to get into this shitflinging, but I think a lot of people miss the point of Code Geass. It's supposed to be overly melodramatic and theatrical. The more the magic of geass gets involved in the series, the less it becomes attached in reality and more is like the writing of a stage play by someone that REALLY loves hamming it up. I mean, you don't get Jun Fukuyama, the Nicolas Cage of Japan, to the lead role and have him NOT chew scenery. And I don't even mean season 2, this was present as soon as Mao was introduced.

Lelouch does lots of terrible things, Goro admits that. He specifically had FukuJun play him because he believed that Jun has a level of charisma in his manner of speech that could make you side with a person that in any other show would be the bad guy and Suzaku the hero. He's specifically designed in such a just as keikaku way that you want to see him succeed, even if it means the world being potentially torn apart.

I don't know where I'm going with this, and I'm sure shit I said will get greentexted by autists, but overall I guess my message is: just chill the fuck out and watch the show.
>>
>>13467128
You've made one of the few reasonable posts about Code Geass in this thread. Be proud of that at least.
>>
>>13467128
>He specifically had FukuJun play him because he believed that Jun has a level of charisma in his manner of speech that could make you side with a person that in any other show would be the bad guy and Suzaku the hero
He ended up sounding too old for the role in my opinion. JYB did a way better job.
>>
Both worked fine in each language.
>>
>>13467111
>Geassfags who can count the number of people affected by the other plans and their permanent effects on free will
But is okay if the protagonist takes it.
>>
File: 1397872166186.jpg (54KB, 400x409px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1397872166186.jpg
54KB, 400x409px
>>13467149
>dubfags in geass of all things

I don't have an appropriate response to this. FukuJun is intentionally using a grandiose-sounding voice for the character, that's the point.
>>
>>13467100
>Except 0083's trials were not based on justice.
Good to see you didn't watched it

>because he never believed the plan was inherently good.

Because it interferred with his plans not because it was a bad plan

> He gave a shit about Japan in as much as its freedom was necessary for his rebellion.
He never gave a shit about them which is why he abandoned them two episodes later

>So you think everyone should have been happy to live under a system where a simple change of leader can lead to ghetto massacres?
They seemed fine living under a leader who was willing to sacrifice his own kind.

>He only became a knight due to Euphemia. Everyone else hated on him.
Wrong on both accounts, he became a knight due to his good standings in the army and knowing Euphiemia, not everyone hated him considering he also received good will from Lloyd and Cecile as well.

> The fact you think a guy who hated himself to death and agreed to serve a colonial power is on the right side of history makes me want to puke.

And the fact that you think a guy who only cared about the well being of his little sister that he was willing to drop a plan by a whim and betrayed his own soliders is just too pathetic for words. You Lelouchfags are worse than Lightfags

>Tomino shows have plenty of cartoon villains and make children the heroes instead.

Yeah like Zambot 3 right?
>>
>>13467128
>It's suppose to be shit

Geassfags...
>>
>>13467180
I know. I don't dislike FukuJun, I just felt JYB was the better performer for Lelouch in this case. Problem?
>>
>>13467128
So Geass was intentionally bad? Gotcha.
>>
>>13467180
JYB himself said he was told to act almost like the Phantom of the Opera for his Geass role so I'd say he got it too.
>>
Keep in mind that if you aren't siding with Lelouch, the alternate in that universe is someone that was going to sacrifice humanity to Jupiter.

>>13467193
>>13467203
>hamminess
>shit

Oh fuck off, people like you are the reason we don't have the fun kind of blatant overacting in anime much anymore. The best kind of scenery is the kind that's being devoured.
>>
>>13467215
Yes because EVOL sure was great right?
>>
>>13467222

The problem with EVOL wasn't the acting, it was the plot
>>
>>13467223
Just like Code Geass
>>
>>13467215
>It's hammy so it's good!
>>
>>13467223
So, like Code Geass?
>>
>>13467229
>>13467242

There was nothing wrong with Geass's plot, in the first season anyway. And even then season 2 after he got his memories back followed a lot of the same formula as the first, just more exaggerated.

If you don't like the kind of show Geass is, I question why you watched it.

>>13467233

Explain any other reason to watch a Nic Cage movie
>>
>>13467204
That's pretty funny, actually.
>>
>>13467190
You are defending selectively applied justice that lets the real conspirators and war crimes go free in 0083 in exchange for burying the truth of the incident.

It wasn't a good plan either. It would be a kinder puppet show where some toys are treated better than others, but they're all expected to obey their Britannian masters.

He abandoned them when Nunnally was put in danger, which would have destroyed the purpose behind his rebellion. Obviously he wasn't going to put them over his sister. That would be heartless.

So you're comparing Zero killing a couple of viceroys to how Britannia treated the entire population of Japanese?

The vast majority of the population did and most Britannians only tolerated him by obligation. The same army you mention was willing to kill him when Euphemia ordered them to kill all the Japanese. His rank was suddenly revealed worthless as well as his connections at that point. Nor did they obey his command to stop the shooting at the stadium (in S1, I will admit he had more power as a Knight of the Round when he stopped the second massacre attempt in R2).

Both of them were rather selfish at their cores yet also had other ideals. It just so happens that Lelouch's made a lot more sense in the eyes of the poor, the discriminated and the oppressed, while Suzaku's relied on trusting the good will of Britannia and endorsing its pro-discrimination and pro-genocide policies. The weak, not the strong, needed Zero. The fact you think Lelouch and Light are the same is rather telling of your own biased ignorance.

You mean the show with Killer The Butcher and the heroes who fought him?
>>
>>13467193
>Theatricality and lack of realism are shit

Geasshaters...
>>
>>13467203
None of the things he actually said about Code Geass in that post were bad. Much less the voice acting, unless you hate Norio Wakamoto being Norio Wakamoto.
>>
>>13467254
>watching Nicholas Cage movies

There's your problem.
>>
>>13467215
It's not overacting though. It's exactly fitting for the material. You'd need to change the music, character designs, sponsorship, jokes and color palette, among other things, in order to justify changing the acting style. Underacting would be out of place in this show.
>>
>>13467280
>problem

With a title like Drive Angry, why WOULDN'T you watch it?
>>
>>13467229
Except you were complaining about the acting in Code Geass
>>
>>13467222
>>13467223

EVOL was also extremely silly and had fun with that. It's only bad if you take it as a super serious show when Okada wasn't trying to be. You can criticize Gundam IBO for that, but not EVOL.
>>
>>13467233
>It's hammy, so it's bad!
>>
>>13467254

I guess the difference is Nicholas Cage is a worse actor than Jun Fukuyama. Jun can sell a lot of scenes, both very over-the-top and very emotional, as well as very silly, while Cage feels flat when he's not screaming. So I think anime voice acting, including that in Code Geass for that matter, isn't as strictly limited in terms of enjoyment value.
>>
>>13467263
And you are defending a person who pay for his crime by staging his own death as amends and going on about THIS IS NOT TRUE JUSTICE. You are the true hypocrite here.

Once again, nice fanfiction. We never got any fruition to state whether it would have been a good plan or not but it would have been starting point,

You're literally saying it's okay because Lelouch did it. You are fucking pathetic.

Didn't even answer the question. I win this.

>The vast majority of the population did
They didn't.

> and most Britannians only tolerated him by obligation.
And this is e wrong

It was an order from the Princess of Britannia, you think they're gonna stand and ignore that.

Suzaku was out conscience during the whole thing and never gave the order to stop you fucking liar, he went straight to the Lancelot to control teh situation, he was just as confused as everyone.

> It just so happens that Lelouch's made a lot more sense in the eyes of the poor, the discriminated and the oppressed
Those same people were also stupid and came into their own situation through their very own greed and then when they suspected him his achievements suddenly didn't matter anymore and they gave him the boot. If you thought the Japanese were suppose to be sympathtic than you missed the point GRAVELY and are once again a blind Lelouchfag defending every action he does. Code Geass was very anti-nationist and the Japanese were protrayed as very dimwitted and worthless through the whole show that they all got defeated by the hand that bit them. Not all Britannians were shown as being racist or even evil, theyw ere the stronger side and he wanted to fix it because he didn't have a magic eye power that can take control of people also before their take over the Japanese were all for discrimination and genocide of Britannians so they fact that you're defending them so much makes you look like a hypocrite.

Who turned people into bombs and an ending that had heroes question themselves?
>>
>>13467325
>EVOL was also extremely silly and had fun with that
AN dit was still fucking shit meaning a show being silly doesn't stop it from being bad.
>It's only bad if you take it as a super serious show when Okada wasn't trying to be
Tell that to the second half.
>>
>>13467398

AQUARION LOVE
>>
>>13467390
Unfortunately..I'm not obsessed with trying to live up to any abstract concept of justice. That's your white whale. Which was explicitly contradicted by bringing up 0083 as your example. That show doesn't live up to the standard you're suggesting.

Me? I wasn't asking for that in the first place. I believe phrases like "history is written by the winners" and "one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter" have been true throughout history. And they will continue to be practically applicable, even when this board disappears into the void.

Killing a powerful oppressor is okay. If Suzaku had killed Emperor Charles, like he eventually tried to do, then that would have been okay too. Killing the suffering masses and rounding up into ghettos, on the other hand, isn't.

You sound just like GWB declaring "Mission Accomplished" back in the day.

Why is it wrong? You never did answer that.

If they really respected Suzaku as a soldier and his relationship to Euphemia, they wouldn't have shot at him.

Suzaku woke up and then asked them to stop. They told him it was Euphemia's order and then shot at him. Man, I think you need something to cure your amnesia, because it's getting worse.

If you really think the unarmed masses are that terrible and entirely deserving of their oppression, then not even S1 Suzaku would agree with you.

You're foolishly confusing the Japanese politicians and old guard military with the common folk. The series criticizes the previous ruling class, but uses victim cards with the regular Japanese. You can't really consider them all "worthless" unless you are, in fact, a supporter of their oppression.

Are you from the U.S. I wonder? Do you vote Republican by any chance? Or your local non-U.S. equivalent.

The human bombs were traumatic, yet didn't make him any less super evil. The tragedy of the ending didn't make them any less heroic either.
>>
>>13467525
Code Geass was against right-wing Japanese militarism, but not against Japanese people who had no participation in that movement.
>>
>>13461806
I agree. Every character felt like a caricature or like a puppet being jerked around on strings by the storytellers (although I often think my standards for well written characters are too high...but anyway, did not personally enjoy it, and did not like the artstyle enough to have that make up for it. The music was really good though, I will give it that.)
>>
>>13467551
>but not against Japanese people who had no participation in that movement.
>Lelouch's whole rant in the Refrain episode
>The fact that the BK become worthless fodder after they bit the hand that fed them
>Lelouch blowing up Mt. Fuji

I wonder what Okouchi is trying to say here?
>>
>>13467899
>looking for subtext in Sunrise
Lulu is the self insert, everything else is Mary Sue tier melodrama.
>>
>>13467525
>was explicitly contradicted by bringing up 0083 as your example
Wrong again and you'll continue to be wrong until you actually watch the show.

>I believe phrases like "history is written by the winners" and "one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter" have been true throughout history.
So you believe in pure fantasy that's not applicable at all to reality, I can see why you would agree with a character like Lelouch.

>Killing a powerful oppressor is okay.
So murder is fineas long as Lelouch does it? Gotcha

>If they really respected Suzaku as a soldier and his relationship to Euphemia, they wouldn't have shot at him.
This never happened.

>Suzaku woke up and then asked them to stop. They told him it was Euphemia's order and then shot at him
And neither did this

>If you really think the unarmed masses are that terrible and entirely deserving of their oppression
Even your precious Lelouch criticized them.

>You're foolishly confusing the Japanese politicians and old guard military with the common folk. The series criticizes the previous ruling class, but uses victim cards with the regular Japanese. You can't really consider them all "worthless" unless you are, in fact, a supporter of their oppression.

Wrong on both accounts, Code Geass was very ant-nationalist and paid no expense to mock both sides. The back story of the show explains that Japan got into the situation themselves and it was not afraid to make them look like idiots in the end, but considering how desperate you are to defend your favorite character in his actions its no surprise that you missed that detail

And you're grasping for straws
>>
>>13467836
If I had a dollar for every single character in anime who is a puppet being jerked around by strings, I'd buy this whole place in an instant. Shows where that DOESN'T happen are few and far between.
>>
>>13467899
Lelouch's rant threw off someone who was suspicious of him. He denies doing anything about the situation, which is a lie. Plus Refrain victims, unlike dealers, weren't portrayed as bad people. As for biting the hand, Lelouch was aware that he deserved it. Finally, blowing up Mt. Fuji makes Lelouch look more evil and destroys a lot of sakuradite. Okouchi wasn't saying that Japan as a whole is bad, and especially when his other shows come up.
>>
>>13467930
>Mary Sue tier melodrama
You don't know what those words mean.
>>
>>13468215
>Lelouch's rant threw off someone who was suspicious of him. He denies doing anything about the situation, which is a lie.
Wrong on both accounts

>Plus Refrain victims, unlike dealers, weren't portrayed as bad people
R2 episode 7

>As for biting the hand, Lelouch was aware that he deserved it.
Nope, at that point he was suicidal and didn't care, what the BK did was stupid as shit that even Sumeragi saw where they fucked up. You really are adadment about defending all his actions are you?

>Finally, blowing up Mt. Fuji makes Lelouch look more evil and destroys a lot of sakuradite.
Destroying Japan's most precious landmark...gee I wonder what's the subtext here

>Okouchi wasn't saying that Japan as a whole is bad, and especially when his other shows come up.
That's exactly what he was doing because by the end of the story none of the Japanese look good. This anti-nationalist subtext appear in all his shows
>>
File: CEASEFIREYOURETARD.jpg (203KB, 1912x1082px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
CEASEFIREYOURETARD.jpg
203KB, 1912x1082px
>>13468132
Knowing, you, I guess Jamitov and Bask were surely on the side of justice and totally not co-responsible for letting Delaz get too fucking close to drop a colony on the Earth before ineffectively turning Cima against him and therefore causing needless damage to both the planet as well as the Federation's fleet.

>So you believe in pure fantasy that's not applicable at all to reality,

Except that both phrases are, in fact, regularly applied to reality by all manner of analysts, including people who have never seen a Japanese cartoon in their lives. Only an uneducated person like yourself would dare to believe winners don't write history, or that terrorists and resistance/freedom fighters aren't simply politically convenient labels that can be easily swapped depending on who someone needs to root for, all the way back to the 19th century with the French Revolution to the Middle East wars of this era.

Since you insist on being deaf, I've already said it goes beyond Lelouch. Even Xingke was right to kill the eunuchs. But apparently genocide, social darwinism and racial discrimination are totally okay in your book. What a filthy excuse for a human.

Except all of that happened. Here, have a screenshot where Suzaku literally tells the retarded Britannians to cease-fire at the stadium post-Euphienator in episode 22. Too bad about the capture quality, but you don't deserve any better.

Lelouch never said what you've spouted out.

>Code Geass was very ant-nationalist and paid no expense to mock both sides.
You must be blind, since this is not under dispute.

The show criticizes Suzaku's dad and his other military and political allies. It would be fucking moronic if the show blamed even unborn Japanese people, including those without any power for the decisions of their elders.

The fact you can't even admit your political affiliation suggests my guess was on the mark.
>>
File: WHATWOULDLELOUCHDO.jpg (217KB, 1920x1082px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
WHATWOULDLELOUCHDO.jpg
217KB, 1920x1082px
>>13468260
>Lelouch's rant threw off someone who was suspicious of him. He denies doing anything about the situation, which is a lie.
>Wrong on both accounts

Here's another crappy screenshot that shits on your lie.

>R2 episode 7
Those people were working for a Refrain dealer, you imbecile. Not taking it themselves.

>Nope
Again with your nonsense, since now you're the one who is unintentionally making Lelouch into a saint who did nothing wrong and never realized it either, just for the sake of your utterly contrarian nature.

>Destroying Japan's most precious landmark...gee I wonder what's the subtext here

Glad to see you will always ignore the text itself then.

>That's exactly what he was doing
Nationalism is bad = Japan is bad?

>This anti-nationalist subtext appear in all his shows
Explain Guilty Crown and Valvrave.
>>
>>13468396
HOLY STRAWMAN BATMAN!

>all the way back to the 19th century with the French Revolution to the Middle East wars of this era.

Yep you're definitely an idiot.

So its okay to kill if a character you like does it but not okay if a character you don't does it? Gotcha

>Watch the scene
>nobody fires back like you said
>He goes straight to the Lancelot
Okay. Also the royal family has higher authority over knights so I don't know why you're using that scene as merit of anything

Yes he did.

> It would be fucking moronic if the show blamed even unborn Japanese people, including those without any power for the decisions of their elders.

And yet here you are saying all Britanians are scum and Suzaku is wrong for supporting them because apparently all Britanians are genocide loving nobles and Japan did nuthing wrong in your retarded logic

Swing and a miss
>>
>>13468514
You're certainly one to talk of strawmen, since that's one of your favorite tactics. And, of course, you didn't answer the point.

Yep, you're really olympically evading any argument and going straight to your pattern.

Once again, you're being exceptionally dim. It has nothing to do with WHO is doing the killing but with WHO is actually killed. It's remarkable that you can't fucking get it.

>>nobody fires back like you said
>>He goes straight to the Lancelot

But they do and he doesn't. He first meets with this very, very rude soldier who is piloting a KMF and shoots at him. It's so easy to catch your lies when the truth is publicly available on tape.

>Okay. Also the royal family has higher authority over knights so I don't know why you're using that scene as merit of anything

He is Euphemia's knight, a Honorary Britannian and part of the Britannian military. If nothing else, at least they shouldn't shoot at him. But they do, because they're trigger-happy as fuck.

>And yet here you are saying all Britanians are scum

Bullshit. This isn't about regular Britannian civilians. The sucm, as you call it, would be their military occupation forces that repress all dissent with brutal tactics and the leaders of a political system which imposes discrimination. Suzaku is wrong for supporting said leaders and said system, not for having Britannian friends at a school.

The Japanese leadership did plenty of things wrong, but once again you completely fail to properly understand an argument and stupidly pretend there is no distinction between a population and its leaders.

Again, your silence is telling.
Thread posts: 276
Thread images: 32


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.