[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or are the action scenes in Origin just a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: swear to ral.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
swear to ral.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
Is it just me or are the action scenes in Origin just a little too much? You've got this relatively grounded drama and then at random you've got Mash doing some kind of nothin personnel kid ninja slice on a Guntank and Ral and Char knocking dudes 10 yards with punches and sound effects like they're suddenly in a kung fu movie. It's cool and all but it's like they wanted to make two different kinds of anime. I wasn't scared by Char going apeshit on that guy, I was laughing my ass off because of how overdone it was.

Anyway, what did everyone else think of Origin II?
>>
>>13458346
They're trying to make a David Lean epic film, bigger then life characters, melodrama set amid sweeping historical events.

Lawrence of Arabia, Dr. Zhivago, The Bridge on the River Kwai, and even Ryan's Daughter...
>>
>>13458364
The biggest anime since the silent era.
>>
>>13458364

It doesn't really work the same when instead of Ramba Ral being a tough guy in a bar fight they swing too far over the line and Ramba Ral is Bruce Lee.
>>
>>13458392
Hey as a Ral fan I don't mind. Though it sucks even more when I know he is going to die.
>>
Where in the internet have Origin II available?
>>
>>13459596
horrible subs
>>
>>13458346
>Is it just me or are the action scenes in Origin just a little too much?
You mean CG garbage?
>>
>>13459608

Like the cheap CG statue of Daikun at the beginning or the atrocious cell shaded horses in the first episode? MS fights are kinda ok (but when Fafner does a better job on a TV series something is seriously wrong) but terrible cg shots for every moving object that isn't human cheapen the value of the production a lot.
>>
>>13458346

I have problems only for scenes like the reaction of Sayla when Casval is leaving. It's faithfull to the manga, but in animation it's too overdramatic and a bit cheesy. As for Ral, a ridicolous fistfight is in most Yas stories.
>>
>>13459675

Sayla's reaction to Casval leaving would have been OK if they had drawn it out a little more. Padded it with like 3 minutes of anything. Instead her cat died and literally right after her brother appears from the mist and says he's leaving? Everything just happened so fast.

Her reaction to finding out her mom died was worse. Holy shit they pulled out all the stops for that. Knocking over a thing in shock, plus dramatic zoom out, plus the background fading to black and monochrome while she does the NOOOOOOOOO?
>>
>>13458346

that's just how all the violence is in the book. it gets away from the goofy QUALITY of a 70s anime and tries to present the war as legitimately chilling and ugly.

if you're just watching the OVA on it's own it probably comes across weird seeing as they just ripped chunks out of an entire re-imagining without any of the context behind it. but that can't be avoided without a full remake/adaption I guess.
>>
>>13459686

The same happened with the expression of horror during Daikun's death in the first episode. It made me cringe even when i first saw the trailer. However they are doing an excellent job with Casval expressions.
>>
>>13458346
Feel the same here. The story, for the most part is about different characters' rise to power in the pre-war political scene.

But then you get all these over-done action scenes because Gendem. Pre-war, no MS? Well we better throw in something, a fist fight, anything.

I dont mind the fight scenes themselves, but they need to pull back a little. e.g. Wooden objects breaking at the slightest touch for dramatic effect is way over done.
>>
>>13459669
That 3D statue was just awful.
>>
Why is char being written as a sociopath. He was never a sociopath, he had feelings for lalah and his dead comrades, kamille, etc.
>>
>>13459785

He was a complete fucking sociopath. He sent Garma to his death after being buddies with this guy for years. He fought for the same side that killed his Dad and ruined his life wholeheartedly.

Sure, he has a veneer of charm, but he's a fucking sociopath. A normal person would not be well-adjusted after this shit.
>>
File: 1446177541941.jpg (36KB, 805x669px) Image search: [Google]
1446177541941.jpg
36KB, 805x669px
>>13459785
>He was never a sociopath
>>
>>13459807

He is more akin someone with a borderline personality disorder. Sociopaths don't have real attachment to people, they can only mimic it for personal gains.
>>
File: 1445890517399.jpg (31KB, 584x426px) Image search: [Google]
1445890517399.jpg
31KB, 584x426px
>>13459876
>>13459807
>>13459804
He's just an asshole.
>>
>>13459917

In MSG he is pretty much that. In Origin he is scary guy with the determination of a slasher movie villain. Check the part in which he stalks and kills isolated GM platoons to lure out the Gundam for example.
>>
>>13459932
>to lure out the Gundam for example.
Sounds like a good tactic from a competent soldier,
>>
>>13459937

Not when all of your army was evacuated. He was there only to kill the Gundam on his own because he became obsessed with it.
>>
>>13459944
Hey, he has a goal ans pursues it to its completion.
You just sound lazy.
>>
>>13459949
Char pls
>>
File: 1365959332086.png (342KB, 938x528px) Image search: [Google]
1365959332086.png
342KB, 938x528px
>>13459951
Char here, wasn't me!
>>
>>13458364
Shit, you're right. The flashback segments are so 'Yas does David Lean', especially his rendition of Char.

I'm amazed I didn't see this before.
>>
Damn, his mother's death really made him snap.
>>
File: 55084154.jpg (159KB, 408x597px) Image search: [Google]
55084154.jpg
159KB, 408x597px
>>13461253
Char is ice cold nigga, ya'll
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.