[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There are contrarians on /m/ RIGHT NOW who hate MMPR even though

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: 4180580-5570809776-Ivan_.jpg (95KB, 756x540px) Image search: [Google]
4180580-5570809776-Ivan_.jpg
95KB, 756x540px
There are contrarians on /m/ RIGHT NOW who hate MMPR even though it was the show that defined their childhood.
>>
But that was Thunderbirds.
>>
>>12550901
My shitty parents defined my childhood too and I don't really like them either.
>>
My childhood was defined by Magic Schoolbus and Bill Nye.

This... actually explains a lot about why I'm here, I think.
>>
>>12550901
I didn't watch PR. I saw the movie, that even PR fans think is shit, at a friends birthday but that's it.
I am a huge sentai fan now and it has nothing to do with PR.
>>
so the fact that I don't have Nostalgia for shows (3 year old for MMPR) means I am a bad person?

MMPR just isn't a good show, it's probably not even top 10 Power Rangers.
>>
>>12550901
There was one time I went to my kindergarten halloween party as MMPR red ranger and I got sick and spent all day on a clinic. I had such high hopes for that day... Sad memories
>>
File: 1412359968071.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1412359968071.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>Be a spic kid in third world
>PR movie comes out, chips company starts giving pogs in every package
>they were shots from the movie with "moving illusion" when yout tilt them
>tfw you could watch the whole movie once again just by having the hundred pogs
>>
>>12550901
I never even watched Power Rangers that much as a kid
>>
I loved it as a kid

When I rewatched it, I realized it wasn't as good as I thought it was when I was 5 and it came out.
>>
I wasn't a huge fan, can't remember much of it. Mostly thought the robots were cool. The best memory I have of it is a scene from a movie where the white ranger combines with the others' robot. That was cool as shit.
>>
>>12550951
let's see

I was White MMPR
Titanium Beetleborg
Mystic Knight of Fire
>>
>>12550901
Shut up Haim, you made a good deal and produced a few entertaining trash shows it's not feasible to demand adults continue to love it.
>>
>>12550901
That was Ninja Turtles, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>12550995
>implying I didn't love both
>>
>>12550986
I was true blue every year from MMPR to Turbo
>>
Beast wars was the /m/ show that defined my childhood.
>>
>>12551085

I held on until...a little after the movie. Then I just lost interest because I stopped watching tv in general. I didn't get back into watching tv until pokemon started airing.
>>
>>12551087
I'm sorry
>>
File: 43sharpe.jpg (45KB, 374x386px) Image search: [Google]
43sharpe.jpg
45KB, 374x386px
>>12550901
Batman, Spiderman, the Ninja Turtles and Richard fricking Sharpe defined my childhood.

But I do admit having gone through a MMPR phase. And then a MMPR-hate phase a year later.
>>
File: u188872191_1302ac2b129g213.jpg (49KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
u188872191_1302ac2b129g213.jpg
49KB, 600x450px
I was actually more into Ultraman as a kid.

It was on really early in the morning before school and I loved the shit out of it.

Power Rangers didn't roll around until after that and I was like 10 and already didn't care too much. My little brother loved it though.
>>
>>12551054
I went through a Power Ranger phase too.

I still watch Ninja Turtles though, and pizza's still the shit

I couldn't even tell you what channel PR is on, and what food did they like again?

So if I had to tell you which one defined my childhood, well...
>>
I left the country before the first season of MMPR was over, so I never quite got to see the mess the show devolved into (before later somehow reviving itself)
>>
>>12550901
you know it's okay to admit that Sentai always is and always has been superior
>>
I was in 5th grade when PR came out. I still remember watching the première. And I had the same opinion of it then as I have now: it's fucking dumb ass hell.
>>
>>12551152
well, TMNT has a much wider demographic than Power Rangers.

I mean, the comics are amazing.
>>
>>12550995
Wait, are you saying that TMNT defined your childhood, or that the picture is from TMNT... because one of those is objectively correct, the other is unarguably false.
>>
>>12551194
They sure are. The only black spot in the history of TMNT comics is the Image run, and even then it inspired some fun cartoon storyarcs.
>>
>>12550901

I was watching Changeman, Flashman, Maskman and Goggle V years before Power Rangers even existed. And when I saw it, I thought it was dumb as hell. Not trolling, it actually happened.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (194KB, 938x932px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
194KB, 938x932px
Childhood thread?
My childhood was Empire Strikes Back, Robot Jox, 60's Jason and the Argonauts, Roadrunner cartoons, Batman, looking at my parent's Battletech miniatures, and a couple Sega Saturn and Sega Genesis games.
>>
>living in France
>growing with Bioman, Maskman, Liveman and bits of Flashman, Turboranger, Fiveman and Jetman
>MMPR comes
>"Wow, America is copying Bioman, but dinosaurs are fun !"

I stopped caring about Power Rangers when Zeo aired (I was 12), but I remember watching some parts of Lost Galaxy. The opening was my guilty pleasure.
>>
File: 1377548913305.gif (698KB, 350x193px) Image search: [Google]
1377548913305.gif
698KB, 350x193px
Gargoyles, Batman, Pinky and the Brain, Dexter's lab, Gundam, DBZ

you know o all shows I think it influenced me the least.
>>
>>12551138
'murican here. I love the sharpe books so much, but i've never watched any of the shows. They worth it?
>>
>>12550901
>PR defined my childhood.
Nah, It was my shitty school life or my family.
>>
might as well post it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVmKVE3NYMI&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>12551372

That's the actual Green Ranger actor, isn't it. I'm greatly amused.
>>
>>12550901
Nah that was Robotech.
>>
>>12550901
Power Rangers, Godzilla, Voltron the 3rd Dimension, Batman, and Transformers actually.
>>
Well, being that the first ep of MMPR aired after I was already out of high school and working full time, I can't say it really had anything to do with my 'childhood'.
>>
>>12550901
>defined their childhood

Nah, I liked MMPR, but what REALLY defined my childhood was Pokemon. I didn't get into /m/ shit and toku until I was older and fell in with some weaboo friends.
>>
>>12551489
>I didn't get into /m/ shit and toku until I was older and fell in with some weaboo friends.

This. Funnily, what got me into SRW was kajetokun randomly putting in footage from the Goldion Crusher in one of his vids. I think it was The Balls are Inert.
>>
Neither I, nor anyone else are obligated to appreciate any form or article of entertainment, regardless of whether or not they enjoyed it previously.
>>
MMPR sucks and so does Tommy Oliver
>>
>>12551395
Isn't he autistic?
>>
>>12551362
They're pretty decent. Sean Bean is a fantastic Sharpe.
>>
File: SeussCrankCar.jpg (30KB, 377x440px) Image search: [Google]
SeussCrankCar.jpg
30KB, 377x440px
>>12550905
>>12550925
best childhood mech coming through
>>
>>12551579

No, just a dudebro
>>
Jokes on you it was Time Force
>>
>>12550901
I hate what Saban has done to Power Rangers as of the last 4 years and how much they keep rubbing my face in old merchandise I don't give 2 shits about.

Does that count?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.