[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Chapman proves that proper weapons and tactics beat close

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: waistcoat.jpg?w=400&h=299.jpg (75KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
waistcoat.jpg?w=400&h=299.jpg
75KB, 400x299px
>Chapman proves that proper weapons and tactics beat close combat, ending up winning three times in a row
>Everyone else gets butthurt so the next Gundam fight gets delayed
>Gets his ass kicked by Master Asia, then Domon in the following Gundam fights
>Ends up Devil Gundam's bitch
>>
>>12546782

Yup. That sure was a thing that happened. So, uh...so what? What's the point of the thread?
>>
He was also getting old and was sick.
>>
>>12546782
Chapman...had a hard life.
>>
>>12546928

> Was his country's champion for 12+ years in a row
> A life of fame, fortune and ease

Not really - dude just had a massive ego and couldn't recognize when he had passed his prime.
>>
Look, losing to Master Asia is nothing to be ashamed of. The man is a force of nature.
>>
He got old
>>
>>12546958
Guy was one of the greatest Gundam Fighters who ever lived, of course he kept on fighting past his prime. Are you going to be the one to tell Muhammad Ali he really shouldn't be in the ring when he's shitting his pants and drooling onto the mat? And not just any garden variety Ali, but SUPER Ali, a national hero one rung below the President in power and influence, a man who has made your country great for so long it's nearly tipped the balance of power into the rest of the world declaring war on you unless your nation surrenders sovereignty of space? Who the fuck's going to replace him? Who could?

>>12546782
It's funny because it's a metaphor for England after the breakup of the British Empire.
>>
>>12546782
This old gundam in the painting looks cooler
>>
File: gf11-001nel.jpg (23KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
gf11-001nel.jpg
23KB, 400x300px
>>12547207
Damn right it does.
Kinda surprised I forgot about it.
>>
>>12547192
Master Asia lost a Gundam Fight because he was too busy cleaning up triads and fighting crime. Chapman was never even remotely close to being shown to put other people before his own glory. Fuck Chapman.
>>
File: 1224535763558.jpg (100KB, 650x800px) Image search: [Google]
1224535763558.jpg
100KB, 650x800px
>that suit
>that Gundam
>that voice (English dub)

Chapman is a glorious man. Glorious and flawed. Flawed and reprehensible. Reprehensible and man.

Rule Neo Britannia.
>>
>>12546782
>Chapman proves that proper weapons and tactics beat close combat

In a martial arts tournament, he brings a gun.

There's "tactics", and there's "ignoring the spirit of the competition".
>>
>>12548491
Oh yeah those famous Canadian and Mexican martial arts. Bear wrestling and drunken boxing.
>>
>>12548499

>Bear wrestling

Are you implying this isn't the most /m/etal of martial arts?
>>
>>12548499
>bear wrestling
>drunken boxing
>not /m/artial arts
You what now?
>>
>>12548491
>implying guns aren't a martial art
>>
>>12548491

And France was fielding remote drone units with ranged firing capability for years, and every Mobile Fighter had access to vulcans or any other weapon system national R&D could devise. The dude was a crack shot with a rifle. Whose to say he never beat someone into submission with it like a goddamn club?

Chapman is a monster. Fuck. Now you just reminded me of how amazing G's backstory was.
>>
>>12548491
>In a martial arts tournament

Except it isn't, not officially anyway. Nations just tend to copy what the last winner did.

If anything, it wasn't that Chapman brought a gun to a fist fight, it was that Master Asia brought fists to a gun fight.
>>
>>12549205
>Nations just tend to copy what the last winner did.
This. The reason the 13th Gundam Fight had so much martial arts going on because the guy who won the last one (or one of them anyway) was a martial arts master and all his opponents were using guns...which they copied from Chapman who original won with his rifle.
>>
>>12549354
*originally, fuck
>>
>>12548318

Meh, it looks like it's wearing a baseball cap and about to burst in to tears. I do like the shoulder things but the head is just ugly.
>>
>>12548631

> Whose to say he never beat someone into submission with it like a goddamn club?

European sword users used to incorporate grappling and various martial art style moves in to their skillset in case anyone got within the sword's effective range so that they wouldn't be helpless. You can see a quick example of two students practicing one technique at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLN04jmyIIw

Chapman may have adapted a similar wrestling style to fight opponents who got to close, using his rifle as a lever essentially.
>>
>>12546844
>What's the point of the thread?
Talk about wuxia and mecha? At least that's what one of the few G Gundam threads in recent years that manage to hit bump limit seem to suggest.
>>
>>12548631
When he's fighting Domon, you see him hit Shining Gunddam with the but of the rifle.
>Are you going to be the one to tell Muhammad Ali he really shouldn't be in the ring when he's shitting his pants and drooling onto the mat?
Yeah. That's exactly the time to fucking stop.

The fact of the matter is you have to face your own morality at some point in your life, even if you don't want to.
If you have to cheat to try and relive your glory days, then maybe it's time to hang up the rife and call it a day. If you care that much, try and find a protégé to mold into a champion.
I'm not saying it's EASY, but the alternative is playing dirty and getting caught, or beaten regardless and ultimately exposed.
>>
>>12549540

Did Chapman ever realize his wife was cheating for him until Domon exposed it? I can't recall, years since I saw it. When he lost though he should have called it a day and tried to train a new champion, yea.
>>
>>12548491
You talkin' shit about Gun Fu?

HEY

THIS GUY'S TALKIN' SHIT ABOUT GUN FU
>>
>>12549205
Sounds like headcanon BS to me.

We saw a few examples of old Gundams and they were melee based. The old Pharaoh Gundam for one and Urube's Gundam from the 12th fight.
>>
>>12550235
It still seems like guns were never banned.
>>
>>12547192
>after the breakup of the British Empire

But England was working for the devil before the breakup of the British Empire.
>>
>>12549540
>>12549597
He sorta died after the cheating was revealed. And then he got DG-celled.
>>
>>12550675
I know, I was just answering that anon's statement.
>>
File: lates.jpg (30KB, 348x400px) Image search: [Google]
lates.jpg
30KB, 348x400px
A GM Sniper would easily defeat G Gundam's Gundams. Unless forced into CQC by bullshit rules.
>>
>>12550784
Not sure about that, the rules for a fight challenge may not allow it to start far enough back.

Even if it did make it to the finals it would get demolished in every small-arena battle.
>>
File: epyon3[1].jpg (42KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
epyon3[1].jpg
42KB, 480x640px
Epyon would clean up in G Gundam.
>>
>>12551745
What nation would use it? Just Neo Japan?
>>
>TFW we'll never see a Gundam Fighter who's a Pro Wrestler.
>His tactics are superior technical wrestling.
>When that fails he uses heel tactics.
>Lie. Cheat. Steal.
>>
>>12550235
Imagawa mentions stuff in the DVD interviews about Chapman's gunplay being copied after he won three times in a row. And then the colonies put more emphasis on pure martial arts after Master Asia won it by a mile.

Designs in G go through various fads and phases. The first generation Gundams were little more than retooled Mobile Suits with a Mobile Trace System slapped on, they got more intricate and specialized with every fight. They either build a design from the ground up to suit their chosen fighter or just build a high spec machine and line up a fighter who can bring out its full potential. Some copy the leader, some do their own thing (like Nether Gundam). I guarantee you in the 14th Gundam Fight plenty of colonies would have split their money on one Gundam for the preliminary world tour, and a second, specialized one for the finals. The first models would have probably emphasized taking out the head for one shot kills, just like Shining did.
>>
>>12551751
Neo Transylvania. Make it a bit more Vampiric and make the flight mode Bat shaped, it's a perfect fit.
>>
File: 130206_piratehacks_battlefield2.jpg (202KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
130206_piratehacks_battlefield2.jpg
202KB, 400x550px
>>
>>12552038
>>12551848
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.