[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sailormoon got a new anime >DBZ is getting a new anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 19

File: DBZ Gohan.gif (369KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
DBZ Gohan.gif
369KB, 500x393px
>Sailormoon got a new anime
>DBZ is getting a new anime called "Dragon Ball Super"
all we need now is a new Mobile Suit Gundam Wing anime and our 90's trinity is complete.
>>
>>12518053

What do you think Frozen Teardrop is for?
>>
File: Frozen Teardrop Picture Drama 4.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Frozen Teardrop Picture Drama 4.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
prepare your rectum
>>
File: m reacts to FT.jpg (1MB, 2312x1600px) Image search: [Google]
m reacts to FT.jpg
1MB, 2312x1600px
>>
>>12518082
I admit, I want if only for the general reaction to it
>>
>>12518144
>that Revil
Hahahaha what the fuck
>>
File: matildabutt.jpg (49KB, 524x594px) Image search: [Google]
matildabutt.jpg
49KB, 524x594px
>>12518164
Doujins, son.
>>
>>12518176
Sauce on this?
>>
>>12518053
>being this murican

The trinity is DB,SM and Saint Seiya which already has a new anime.
>>
>>12518460
>Saint Seiya

Not for me
>>
File: ronin warriors.jpg (114KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ronin warriors.jpg
114KB, 1440x1080px
>>12518460
>>12518489
>>
>>12518053
But what about my Samurai Troopers and Tenchi Muyo?
>>
File: what the dmc.jpg (486KB, 1043x987px) Image search: [Google]
what the dmc.jpg
486KB, 1043x987px
>>12518053
>DBZ getting a new anime series
>its called Dragon Ball Super
...well I'll be....they finally went and did it. Made a new series of DBZ, its only been 20 give or take years since GT.
>>
>>12518717
>Dragon Ball Super
Yeah, now, I haven't seen the movies, but apparently Super Saiyin God is the new base form and the blue haired Goku and Vegeta is called Super Saiyin God Super Saiyin.

So like...what the actual fuck could be a threat to them?
>>
>>12518750
They're still weaker than Beerus and Whis, so probably the gods of destruction of the other universes.
>>
>>12518577
TM got glorified tourist ads. I'm sorry, but that's the best we'll get.
>>
>>12518460
Hi Mexico
>>
>>12518750

2 scenarios

1. Something depowers them as a way of starting over.
2. They get that ridiculous in the fights.
>>
Can we get new Tenchi?
>>
>>12518891

Or at least animate the ending
>>
>>12518903
>get an animated endng
hahahaha ;_;
>>
>>12518891

OVA 4 was recently announced.
>>
>>12518053
Only difference is Dragon Ball and Sailor Moonw ere successful enough to warrant new anime. Wing isnt.
>>
>Wing
>Not Getter Robo Go
>>
>>12518947

I'm just saying, Tenchi has an ending. But they never animated it. It's not like the ending doesn't exist.
>>
>>12518750
They start fighting other demi-gods or full-fledged gods. Also more proof that GT is trash and no longer canon.
>>
>>12518867
Goku and Vegeta start throwing galaxies at each other.
>>
>>12519169
Their power-levels are at the 100 Quintillions at the very least by now, so it literally has to be some kind of universe-destroying threats.

Shit Vegeta could destroy a planet with his Galick Gun at 14000.

>mfw Vegeta and Goku's battle create the next universe.
>Leading into a new series by Toriyama
>>
>>12518053
>New DBZ series
Is Gohan going to be a loser in this series too?
>>
>>12519407

I don't know, why don't you ask /a/ and their 10 daily threads about him?
>>
File: Story+of+gohan+s+life.jpg (137KB, 650x960px) Image search: [Google]
Story+of+gohan+s+life.jpg
137KB, 650x960px
>>12519407
>>
File: 231123213213.jpg (193KB, 793x1024px) Image search: [Google]
231123213213.jpg
193KB, 793x1024px
>>12518489
What if we got Tekkaman Blade vs Guyver anime?
>>
>>12518144
Could someone post the heero/relena reaction in the middle of this?
>>
>>12518053
>DBZ is getting a new anime called "Dragon Ball Super"
Unless it's going to be slice of life comedy featuring Great Saiyaman hijinx and Vegeta being a famly man they've already failed in my eyes.
>>
>>12518750
>So like...what the actual fuck could be a threat to them?

Probably SS4 Broly.

And yes, that's an actual thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L52Xt2miaA&t=1m3s
>>
>>12519476
I like how in the new Freezer movie Gohan goes SSJ2 and is fucking unstoppable but then Goku/Vegeta steal the show
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1024x1454px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1024x1454px
>>12518053
Don't forget Digimon Tri.
>>
>>12520573
Why did he never go SSJ2 after potential unlocking and be done with Super Buu in like a minute?
>>
Unless it's about Future Trunks fucking up various future baddies like future Majin Buu, Future Janemba and Future Cooler then I don't give a damn.
>>
>Fuji TV producer Osamu Nozaki commented on the new series as well, saying, “As I read the plot [of the series] I've already received from Akira Toriyama, my dreams for this begin to expand. An enemy even stronger than Buu or Freeza may appear...”

When will I get a slice of life Dragon Ball anime? I just wanna see Goku and friends get into silly shenanigans every episode.
>>
>>12520590
Potential Unlock is supposed to be stronger than SS2. Both super saiyan forms are somehow weaker than it.
>>
>>12520633
And he uses SSJ2 rather than go full Ultimate?

Man talk about shafted.

Also I recalled something about potential unlock being basically his base form now and any transformation multiplying that power.
>>
>>12520672
I think the original idea was supposed to be that his Unlock was his base form but someone said "Fuck it" as an excuse for less screentime soaked up by transformations.

I personally want to see Unlock Potential SS2 be on par with SS3/4. That'd be badass.
>>
>>12520678
I think Goku or someone who was present at Gohan's unlocking saying his base was already as strong or stronger than SSJ3.

So I'd say SSJ2 of that is at least equal to SSJ4 or very close.
>>
>>12518717
>its only been 20 give or take years since GT.
I know. That's practically a whole season's length.
>>
>>12520682
Then again, bad memory.

Still, curb-stomping Super Buu without going SSJ.
>>
File: ONGSLExtrB.png (772KB, 850x1279px) Image search: [Google]
ONGSLExtrB.png
772KB, 850x1279px
>>12518750
It actually isn't. Super Cyan is just Super Saiyan with a new "power source" (God ki). It's actually not much stronger than Super Saiyan God, but it's far easier to control. The name is all sorts of dumb, though.

>>12520514
That's a cardgame, anon. And Super Pikkon is stronger than Maximum Overmaximum Broly.

>>12520678
One of the guidebooks explicitly states the "Potential Unlocked" state to be about the same boost as Super Saiyan 4. Recent info has shown that Gohan's lack of training while becoming Dadhan has depowered him a bit, so he can't use the Potential Unlocked form as well, but he's still strong enough as a regular Super Saiyan that 4-months-training One Punch Freeza is worried about fighting him. Freeza tries to kill Gohan while he's in his base form. Piccolo manages to stabilize him long enough for a Senzu.

>>12520622
I really want some of the recently revealed bits of info to show up in the new series. Like Park Ranger 17, with his wife and kids.

Friendly reminder that Gundam is apparently a show in the Dragon Ball world. Bulma's mom even has some Gunpla, and gives a Z'gok model to one of her elder daughter's friends.
>>
Wonder if Pan is going to be involved much
>>
File: 1386974062626.png (257KB, 1285x1698px) Image search: [Google]
1386974062626.png
257KB, 1285x1698px
>>12518053
>Wing
>not G Gundam
I'm sorry but Wing was boring
>>
>>12521514
I'd Pan.
>>
File: 3085601-ronin.jpg (240KB, 815x975px) Image search: [Google]
3085601-ronin.jpg
240KB, 815x975px
There's only one 90s anime that needs a sequel/reboot.
>>
>>12520590
Gohan with the Elder Kai Boost was stronger than Super Saiyan 3. Using SSJ was pointless to him.
>>
>>12521526
Honeslty G Gundam's shit dub is starting to warm up on me. A new G Gundam with a new dub wouldn't sit well.
>>
>>12521565
bait
>>
>>12519563
I'd cum buckets, personally. But what I'd really like to see is an adaptation of the last Tekkaman Blade novel. I think it's called "Crystal Palace" or something, it supposedly takes up where TBII left off and concludes the Radam war.
>>
File: bait12gotme.png (49KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait12gotme.png
49KB, 625x626px
>>12521565
>Honeslty G Gundam's shit dub
>shit dub

I don't even care if this is bait, I don't like you sir.
>>
File: sai.png (210KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
sai.png
210KB, 500x375px
>>12521526
I'd much much rather have Imagawa do something Giant Robo anime related than a G Gundam sequel.
>>
>>12521615
Again?
>>
>>12519476

>I haven't watched battle of the gods

SSG is a fused form. It's not a physical fusion, but it uses the power of five other saiyans (Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Goten, and Videl's unborn child because fuck logic that's why).

Whether Mystic Gohan is still more powerful than Super Saiyan 3 Goku is up for debate since Goku kept training and Gohan kept studying, but Super Saiyan God is just as inadmissible as Vegeto or Gotenks.
>>
>>12521615
SHIN GREAT NOW OR RIOT
>>
File: thats_wrong_you_fucking_retard.jpg (65KB, 480x412px) Image search: [Google]
thats_wrong_you_fucking_retard.jpg
65KB, 480x412px
>>12521572
>>12521588
Fuck off. If you didn't watch G Gundam when you were little kids you would see the G Gundam dub for what it is. Same eith Dragon Ball Z.

G Gundam is the quintessential bad anime dub. Characters are flat, shouting is just loudly talking (or worse, that thing when you try to screm but very quietly), and the sound is mixed extremely poorly.
>>
>>12521630
anon the image was probably trying to be funny not serious.
>>
>>12521668
ok well thats cute and all but I watched it for the first time 2 years ago and vastly prefer the english dub, especially on master asia

>sound is mixed extremely poorly
bruh
https://youtu.be/KCt8ZvloXn4?t=102
as opposed to this masterpiece of chibodee recording his line over the fucking phone or something
>>
Unless it gets brought over to Toonami they don't count.

If we're gonna do these revivals than you gotta do them right
>>
>>12521700
>calling out bad sound direction when your favorite is Master Asia
B R U H
https://youtu.be/IAizwLfZbUA
This is fucking awful.
>>
You're all wrong.

The trinity is clearly Combattler V, Astroganga, and Tetsujin 28.

Anything else just isn't important.
>>
>>12521741
he's beasting
>>
https://youtu.be/zwO9PSe-uG4

Don't mind me, just posting the best Toonami bump
>>
I hope they Speedy to dub it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo37377GB5M
>>
Why not a new Bubblegum Crisis?

Kind of open ended ending with Gay Linna and Inferior Nene naked on that island, with Priss falling from space.
>>
>>12521782
They could just adapt that novel series or whatever with them all being Japanese schoolgirls.
>>
>>12521790
only if Nene has floofy hair and Linna is still gay for Priss.
>>
>>12518489
>myniggah.jpg
>>
>>12521543
Yoroiden Samurai Troopers came out in 1988. It was Sunrise's next big anime after Metal Armor Dragonar ended. The US got it in 1995 and the dub is actually one of the best in the 90's. They kept the original BGM and the voice-acting isn't too bad.

YST has a proper conclusion with the Message OVA. Unlike most shonen finales, this one actually had the heroes address the purpose of their struggle and why they're compelled to fight. They realized that retaining the old armor of Arago was weighing them down with the past evils, hence why they accepted that new set of armor. It actually sorta Taoistic over how the Troopers self-reflected their own struggles and place in the world. Lots of fans hated the OVA because it didn't have any action, but I appreciate what the animators were trying to do.

What I loved the most about the original YST anime was how they explained the armors gaining strength. Usually, the cliche in shonen is that with the power of grit and training, you usually surpass your limitation. But in YST's case, the armors were thriving on the violence in the conflict since they were originally part of Arago's. That made a fuckton of sense and made them realize that their power was partially "tainted' by being associated with the demon lord.
>>
I wish they would do another installment of the Knight Lamune series. Lamune Fresh was fucking cancer and basically gave the finger to VS Knight Lamune 40 Fire.

Or if they wanted to explore earlier Toei anime, they should do a reboot of Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken. The 90's anime barely touched the surface of the manga's plot. I'd also kill to see Dragon Quest: Emblem of Roto be adapted as an anime.
>>
>>12518797
>other universes.
You think there's a universe where Yamcha isn't a little bitch?
>>
>>12522324
Yeah. his dreams.
>>
> all 90s anime returns as a reboot
> for some reason they finally decide to animate the rest of Ranma or just reboot it
Huh.

How long until they bring Yu Yu Hakusho back? Hahaha, just kidding. They can't even finish Hunter x Hunter.
>>
>>12522368
>yfw AU Yamcha is a God of Destruction and one of the strongest enemies Goku and Vegeta have to fight
>yfw the only one who can kill him is Yamcha
>>
>>12522324
>>12522368
Imagine Yamcha piloting a Leo. Certainly he would become the fabled 'Super Jobber' of legend.
>>
>>12521872
> Fresh was cancer
Oh God, yes it was.
On the other hand, the OP and ED are actually great songs.

Also known as "that one anime with the super catchy song they previewed on the Software Sculptors Slayers VHS tapes"

(But every Lamune song kicks ass.)
>>
>>12522398
Would he become the next Patrick Colasour?
>>
File: The Brooklyn Brawler.jpg (19KB, 334x400px) Image search: [Google]
The Brooklyn Brawler.jpg
19KB, 334x400px
>>12522398
with his mentor commanding the mission back at base
>>
>>12522405
>Yamcha
>Immortal

I understand what you're trying to say but your analogy has one or two flaws in it
>>
>>12522472
You can't be killed after you die, anon.
>>
>>12522324
I find it funny that Yamcha is the only role of Toru Furuya's that's basically a loser. He did Pegasus Seiya, Amuro Ray, and Mamoru Chiba.

Interestingly enough, Furuya voiced Yamcha at the same time he was working on Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, and later Sailor Moon.
>>
>>12522720
>Yamcha was voiced by Amuro Ray
Why isn't Yamcha a Newtype?
>>
>>12522377
>How long until they bring Yu Yu Hakusho back?
I'm actually surprised they haven't done this yet.

>for some reason they finally decide to animate the rest of Ranma or just reboot it
I'd kill to see the Herb and Saffron storylines animated.

>>12521872
>Emblem of Roto
THIS PLEASE. Why the fuck isn't Toei doing this instead of more DBZ?
>>
>>12522730
I've always speculated an AU where Goku was not around. Say he died of the head injury or something.

Because it would force Yamcha, Kurririn, Chaozu, and Tenshinhan (possibly even Yajirobe) to be Earth's premier heroes.

Of course Saiyans and other aliens are too uber, but if Toriyama omitted them and the Artificial Humans, he could easily bring Majin Buu as a mystical-based threat. Buu's real danger was his absorption, regeneration, and ability to transform humans into other objects.
>>
>>12522747
Who's to say that without Goku around for them to fall back on the humans wouldn't be able to achieve a power great enough to fight off the Saiyins and the Androids?

Also, you forgot that Kid Buu is able to scream so loud he can tear holes in the space-time continuum and kill everyone on the planet in one attack without moving.
>>
>>12522720
He and Bulma's VA were kinda disappointed he ended up fading into the background and never got to marry Bulma.
>>
>>12522756
Really? Source on that?

I agree that Yamcha and Bulma made a lot of sense. They've been together for years and despite having an on-and-off relationship, Bulma was devastated when Yamcha was killed by the Saibaman.

I wouldn't have minded Vegeta being Trunks' father, but he and Bulma never have a relationship. It was a one-time fling and Yamcha accepts Trunks as his own son.

>ended up fading into the background
Sadly, that's what happened to the majority of DB's cast overtime. Puar and Oolong did nothing. Chaozu was useless in battle despite having great telekinessis. Only Krillin and Tenshinhan got a few moments here and there in the post-Frieza arc.

>>12522754
I just really hated power levels and all that jazz. In the Dragon Ball anime, you had to have technique, tactical insight, and even luck sometimes in battle. Not to mention using ki attacks actually had a cost. When Demon King Piccolo nuked the capital, it shortened his life span because of the drain on vitality.

Buu is frightening without power levels and ki blasts. Just let him absorb people while he can control any part of his detached body, can regenerate instantly, and transmute people into chocolates. He was the most unorthodox villain in the DB manga; it's why he was difficult as fuck to beat and it took a planet-sized Genki Dama to destroy him on a sub-molecular level.
>>
>>12522756
>Bulma's VA
I nearly forgot Hiromi Tsuru voiced Bulma. She worked with Furuya on Kimagure Orange Road. Tsuru played Madoka and their characters managed to end-up together.
>>
Sailor Moon Crystal is disappointing as fuck. It has none of the charm and fun that the 90's series had. I was born in 1994 and only saw the original anime a couple years back, but it's a great watch. It really aged well and I liked how it had a Charlie's Angels vibe to its BGM and atmosphere.

Why the hell is Toei remaking its 80's and 90's anime?
>>
>>12522792
In fairness, Toriyama himself thought he sucked at writing romance (yet he somehow did a neat one for Gohan and Videl, so go figure there).

>>12521872
>Emblem of Roto
Well, at least I can get to read the manga in my home country. Better than nothing at all, I guess.

>Dai no Daibouken
That'd be cool. Maybe then, it would actually encourage Anime-Koi to get back to that darned sub project already.

>>12522377
>Yu Yu Hakusho
Given how just about everyone (from the readers, to the anime writers and his editors) gradually pissed off Togashi, it may be for the best if it doesn't happen.
>>
>>12522477
Actually, in Dragon Ball you can. If you die while dead, your soul is erased from existence and you can't go to heaven or be reincarnated, never mind being resurrected again.
>>
>>12522810
>Why the hell is Toei remaking its 80's and 90's anime?
Because retards keep buying them regardless of quality though nobody gives a shit about Sailor Moon Crystal anymore.
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.