[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it even worth watching this? 3 episodes in and I'm kinda

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: JUDAU.jpg (254KB, 1000x726px) Image search: [Google]
JUDAU.jpg
254KB, 1000x726px
Is it even worth watching this? 3 episodes in and I'm kinda hating it, should I stick through it or just watch CCA?
>>
>>12495519
You should stick to something, and it's not a Gundam show. Oh wait, it is. It's A/Z, by the way.
>>
>>12495525
what
>>
Who gives a shit.
You should know now that you can watch CCA without ZZ since you're asking.
You can watch ZZ now or you can watch it 20 years from now. Skipping it now doesn't mean shit, nothing is final. Come back to ZZ after the movie, or after the rest of the franchise, or never. It's not going anywhere.
>>
File: terry.png (663KB, 869x919px) Image search: [Google]
terry.png
663KB, 869x919px
>>12495519
Why do you exactly hate about it? I thought it was a breath of fresh air after Zeta. I like how each series changes their mood and feel after the last.
>>
>>12495519
It's not like CCA was better than ZZ. Both are some of the worst UC Gundam.
>>
ZZ gets better about 20 episodes in.
Sadly before that it's a bit silly.
>>
>>12495519
It's silly as shit until they get to Earth then it gets good. Then when they get back up to space its just okay.
>>
>>12495519
I found the comedy in the first half refreshing, but it gets good around episode 18, after that it gets gradually darker and more serious which may be more your thing.

It's unimportant for CCA (In fact it puts a glaring plothole in CCA thanks to the two ships with hi-mega particle cannons expressly built to sink or cripple Axis not showing up at all,) but somewhat important for Unicorn.
>>
>>12495734
Not the OP, but I don't like any of the characters in ZZ. Compared to the ones in Zeta they are so boring. They're more relatable, but overall less interesting. I haven't been able to watch the whole thing, which is sad because ZZ is one of those things I really wish I liked.
>>
If you have a lot of time watch it. And CCA is just slightly less shit.
>>
>People wanting to skip ZZ for CCA
I will never ever understand this.
>>
Why would anyone skip to that shitfest CCA?
>>
yes
if you love haman and allahddin and his crew
>>
>>12497097
I love Haman, and I am strictly in the ZZ fucked up her character camp.
>>
Worth watching once. I wish they would come out with a compilation movie trilogy though.
>>
stop watching it if you like, but you're doing something wrong if you're watching it "just to get to CCA"

>>12495525
anon are you okay
>>
>>12495519
It does take a good five episodes to get out of that weird funk that ZZ starts in. It starts to take off when the Hamma-Hamma shows up.
>>
>>12497280
So that people could pretend they watched it even though they only watched the compilation movies, like they do for MSG and Zeta (but not Turn A, for some reason)? That would be horrible.
>>
>>12495519
Just skip it, CCA is only loosely connected to ZZ by some references, so if you watched MSG and Zeta you're good.
>>
>>12497423
Basically all you need to know is that the Earth Federation captured Axis.

That's about it.
>>
>>12497432
And if you're marathoning UC and going into Unicorn, all you need to know was Gleamy made the Puru/Ple clones
>>
>>12495519
It does get better though.But you don't have to watch anything besides MSG to "get" CCA.
>>
I skipped to CCA, then went back and started watching ZZ and I can barely get myself to pay attention to it 13 episodes in. I regret nothing.
>>
Tough it out you pussy. When I was your age we weren't given great shows right away, we had to wait for the show to build into one.
>>
>>12497415
Didn't those movies make a good recap of both series though?
>>
>>12495519
cca doesn't require zz, but Unicorn does
>>
>>12497415
I never watched the movies. But I feel like all the important stuff could fit in easily if they edited out a few of the 100 fights were Jerid shouted Onore Kamile, got shot once, and then flew away.
>>
>>12497415
I'be already watched the series I'd rather watch 3 movies then rewatch the series again.
>>
>>12495519
You must be laboring under the delusion that CCA is some sort of storytelling masterpiece. Aside from everyone coming together to try and push Axis out of Earth's orbit, it's shit.
>>
>>12496955
They think CCA is going to be an amazing conclusion to Char and Amuro's story instead of just a hectic two hour mess.
>>
Do I need to watch Victory to read/watch F91?
>>
>>12497415

No one watch the Zeta movies. But the original movie trilogy is actually better than the series.
>>
>>12502102
>Do I need to watch Victory to read/watch F91?
Nope. If anything, you'd need to watch F91 to watch Victory, and that's not even the case.
>>
>>12495519
It's my favorite Gundam, but I loved the first arc. It's not something I can shill to everyone.
>>
>>12497415
MSG and Zeta had a plot that didn't take nearly 20 episodes to actually go somewhere. I don't know why people focus on the tone for ZZ so much when the big issue is the ridiculous pacing. There are moments where the plot takes forever to reach anywhere and then others where shit that would have shown some development in a previous series just happens out of the blue like Glemmy suddenly starting the Neo Zeon uprising under Haman's nose.
>>
>>12502102

You don't even need to know 99% of UC to watch F91. Seriously, why was it even a UC film? It had fucking nothing to do with anything else except Victory which takes place like 20 years later.
>>
>>12502199
>It had fucking nothing to do with anything else

There was that one scene in the start with all the classic mobile suits owned by a collector. But yeah other than that it felt like some totally different franchise with the Gundam name slapped on it. Victory did some neat stuff though regarding how far it is, it was cool seeing the Gundam being treated as some mythical figure instead of just a standard trump card the EF used.
>>
>>12502199
Probably because AU gundam didn't exist till 3 years later.
>>
>>12497415
The MSG movies are better and more compact than the low budget filler packed series.
>>
>>12502280
Well, the movie under-exposes Ryu, and cutting M'quve's secret mine and the spy plot for Odessa really weakens the show as a whole.
>>
>>12502280
I only really got into Gundam (not having watched any of it since childhood) when I watched the tv series, after trying the compilation movies first.

The trimming of character interaction that the movie format necessitates means that the movies become a lot more plot-driven and that isn't what I personally watch Gundam for.
>>
>>12502280
There are like two episodes of filler in the series. If you wanna claim something from Gundam is filler packed that would be G Gundam.
>>
File: 0083 Bask.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0083 Bask.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>12495519
You can 100% understand CCA without having seen ZZ. But that is not true for Unicorn. And ZZ definitely does get better as it goes on. Overall it is shit compared to 0079 and Zeta but still good compared to the average mecha show.
>>
>>12501611
The 0079 movies are a good recap even though they cut out a huge amount. The Zeta movies cut out even more, and completely change the plot. Kamille is fine at the end instead of comatose, Four gets killed way earlier, and they only go to earth once. No Kilimanjaro base attack. Stuff like that

0079 movies can replace the series and you will understand Zeta. Watching the Zeta movies isn't a substitute for the show and makes ZZ make no sense
>>
File: 1429546079928.png (76KB, 553x546px) Image search: [Google]
1429546079928.png
76KB, 553x546px
>>
>>12503227
God I hated that intro.
>>
Unless you're a completionist, no. Yes it does get better, but it merely moves from bad to okay, not to Zeta levels. When the characters start shaping up it's surprisingly sudden to the point you can't shake who they used to be.

Skip it IMHO.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.