[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This whole scene was awkward as fuck to watch. This romance subplot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

This whole scene was awkward as fuck to watch.
This romance subplot with Nina is getting old, fast.
Now I'm kinda glad Tomino didn't Let Amuro have an LI. Watching Amuro get all flustered and stammer and stutter while trying to ask Sayla out would have been more then I could handle.
>>
>>12450337
Well Tomino DID do that... in the manga/novel
>>
So we have a Fraw/Amuro and Sayla/Amuro thread up at the same time now.

Awesome.

I for one am glad Amuro and Char both have emotional attachment issues.
>>
>>12450337
Don't forget the absolutely hilarious joke about Kou not wanting to eat carrots.

Oh, and the episode where Burning dies, but only after dropping so many death flags you're just happy they finally got it over with when he finally dies for some bullshit reason.

Fuck 0083
>>
>>12450337
Wait until you get to 08th Team for some truly awful, show destroying romance.
>>
>>12450337
>Now I'm kinda glad Tomino didn't Let Amuro have an LI. Watching Amuro get all flustered and stammer and stutter while trying to ask Sayla out would have been more then I could handle.
Well, it is not like 0079 romance was any better. I mean, we got Bright being super jelly, Cameron being a betafag, Hayato being... Hayato and FUCKING DUMB MIHARU!
At most you can't complain because it was fast, and lovers were mostly there just to get killed.

>>12450384
>Oh, and the episode where Burning dies, but only after dropping so many death flags you're just happy they finally got it over with when he finally dies for some bullshit reason.
Just like Sleggar and Dozzle.

>>12450395
THIS!
>>
>>12450337
What was the issue with it?
Kou is just autistic.
>>
>>12450401
>Just like Sleggar and Dozzle.
Huh? They drop flags pretty much the episode they die. Burning's been asking for it the entire time. Surprised he even survived past the first two episodes.
>>
Except for maybe Domon and Rain and Garrod and Tifa most romances in Gundam are pretty shitty. There isn't a single canon relationship I like.
>>
>>12450402
>Kou is just autistic.
He is not a Newtype!
>>
>>12450361

yeha but he was asking for her pubes. Not really something you talk about on your first date
>>
File: 1345353955600.jpg (134KB, 720x1931px) Image search: [Google]
1345353955600.jpg
134KB, 720x1931px
>>12450410

>Not liking Harry and Kihel and Diana
>>
>>12450407
>They drop flags pretty much the episode they die
Nope. Dozzle sends Mineva away one or two episodes before, and you get the tearjerk scenes about women leaving Solomon. Pretty big flags.

>>12450410
Ral/Hamon and Klim/Mick are good though!
I like Mask/Manny a lot too.
>>
>>12450412
It's because he was raised on Earth. He's an oldtype autist. If he had been raised on one of the sides or even on the moon he'd have been a Newtype!
>>
>>12450420
>yfw novel!Sayla is the aggressive type
I kid
>>
>>12450420
That wasn't their first date though. They'd been an unofficial item for a bit by that time, including hitting the sheets.

That was the big reason everyone was bugging him about it. They couldn't believe the two had been an item for that long and he hadn't gotten an amulet from her yet.
>>
>>12450410
Keith and Mora are great. Though mostly because it's almost entirely off camera.
>>
>>12450384
Oh I also forgot the side-splitting 'Monsha is a dick and a pervert' running gag.

>>12450401
Sleggar and Dozle's deaths weren't bullshit though. And neither did the 'I'm three days from retirement and my wife wants to give our marriage another shot etc etc' routine
>>
>>12450463
>Dozle's deaths weren't bullshit though
>>
>>12450463
Don't forget 'My student has finally surpassed me, maybe I'm getting too old for this'

For the sheer quantity of flags Burning nabs in that episode, I'm willing to call his death a suicide.
>>
File: 1425862316821.jpg (13KB, 301x227px) Image search: [Google]
1425862316821.jpg
13KB, 301x227px
>>12450463
>Oh I also forgot the side-splitting 'Monsha is a dick and a pervert' running gag.
Still mad, Kou?
>>
What is the worst romance in Gundam? Haman and Judau are pretty high up for me just for how forced it feels.
>>
>>12450485
>implying I don't hate Kou most of all
>>
>>12450486
Setsuna x GUNDAMU
>>
>>12450456
Keith is living the life, man.

He's the main character's bro who doesn't die, has ridiculous 90s hair game and gets a giant underrated qt in a normal, functional relationship.

Too bad 0083 is such a steaming shitpile of a story. There's great elements but in the end there so much nonsense.
>>
>>12450486
Shinn x Stella.
Kira x Lacus.
>>
>>12450410
Harry and Kihel?
>>
>>12450395
The 08th ms romance is not ultra-shit, it's just bad. The way Aina acts in Apsalus is the thing that killed the show. And her survival. And newtype kids filler.
>>
>>12450517
>Shinn x Stella.

Him wanting to bone the retard girl wasn't cute
>>
>>
>>12450609
Everything in that show was poorly handled.

Pointing out one specific area, like Karenina, seems...I Don't know, wrong.
>>
>>12450486
>>12450517
I think you're forgetting Athrun x Cagalli.
Even sticking him with Meyrin at the very last minute felt more natural.
>>
>tfw I relate to Kou more than I'd want to
>>
>>12450516
>Too bad 0083 is such a steaming shitpile of a story. There's great elements but in the end there so much nonsense.
What was wrong with the story?
>>
>>12450486
Thing is, Haman and Judau is at least kind of acknowledged within the show to not work.

Everyone else loses their shit over the idea that Haman may be working her wiles on Judau, but most of the time he's more like "Why you gotta be a bitch all the time?"
His feelings towards her tend more towards anger or pity rather than affection.
Meanwhile, she seems to be less interested in him as a person than she is in his NT abilities. He kind of reminds her of her ex, and that's what interests him. Not so much Judau himself.

It's more everyone else, both in show and out of it, reading into it.
>>
God it sucks so much that they fucked up 0083 so badly. It is the fucking pinnacle of mecha animation and yet it isn't even worth watching.
>>
>>12450516
Keith is "The Winner"
>>
>>12450788
None of it makes any sense with out outside knowledge.
>>
>>12450950
Good thing it's part of a multimedia universe then.
>>
>>12450950
What kind of "outside" knowledge?
>>
>>12450788

I think the foundation of the story is actually great, and most of the large-scale stuff is pretty cool too.

Secret prototype mobile suits, and one gets stolen by an enemy ace pilot protagonists have to chase down? Cool.

The stolen prototype has a a nuclear weapon, big conspiracies, and so on? Alright.

The whole colony drop thing? Lazy (how many times has this been done?) but I guess it works.

The whole issue was the way the characters interacted. Nina was obviously a disaster and the whole thing where she used to be with Gato was such a shitty throw-in. The way Burning died was atrocious, and could have been made so much better by keeping it simple (for example, he dies protecting Keith in the GP-01 in space).

I'll admit I haven't watched it in almost ten years. I was in college. So maybe my memories are making it out to be worse. Perhaps I'll watch it again.
>>
>>12450517
>>12450570
>Shinn x Stella
Thats probably my pick for worst because it just doesn't make any god damn sense and comes across so forced and unnatural.
>>
>>12450982
The whole thing was a setup by some elements in the Feddie government and military. The GP02 Gundam was developed with a nuclear bazooka, to be stolen by a Zeon pilot and used against the EFSF. They also planned the perfect target for it. The naval review at Solomon. It contained a bunch of older EFSF ships and political rivals. They even scheduled an empty colony to be moved from one side to another. So the zeeks would drop it on Jaburo and take out more political rivals and create more crisis. So when all was said in done. The Titans could be formed and justify their brutal oppression of spacenoids in the name of fighting Zeon remnants. The GP01 and GP03 were made at the same time to help put down all the Zeon rebels.

Cima was the officer in charge of releasing a gas into a colony during Operation British. It was supposed to be a sleeping agent. Instead it was secretly a nerve gas. Cima and her marines ended up killing millions of innocent civilians. She became an infamous war criminal and Zeon patsy. Ostracized by both Feddies and Zeon remnants. She and her men are stuck being pirates in space. Living in floating colony debris. So she strikes a deal with the people behind the GP02 to betray the Delaz Fleet and help wipe out Zeon forces. In exchange she and her men would get new lives.
>>
>>12451116
You know, you can figure all this out by just watching the damn series.
>>
>>12451116
>>12451295
You do sorta need some knowledge of Zeta first.
>>
>>12451390
>not watching production order.
do you even /m/ anon?
what retard would watch a gundam OVA that's a extension of the stories and expect it to tell you everything.
>>
>>12450337
>Tomino didn't Let Amuro have an LI
He did have a massive crush on Matilda
>>
Matilda.
>>
>>12450621
>Every ridiculous thing in that ridiculous show was ridiculously handled.
>Pointing out one ridiculous area, like Katejina,seems...I don't know, ridiculous
Fix that for you anon. I for one very much enjoyed Victory - wheels, crazy zanscare bitches, turning people into babies and everything.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.