[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started watching this at a friend's request, first toku

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

I started watching this at a friend's request, first toku I've seen since I was, like, seven.

Are the other Kamen Riders this fun?
>>
>>12443869
Maybe.
>>
>>12443869
post in the general please
>>
>>12443869
Kuuga
Agito
Kabuto
Den-O

Do it fgt
>>
>>12443869
Most are, in the visceral kid appeal sense of watching guys in csotumes beat up guys in monster costumes. Some are more heavy on the Saturday Morning toy commercial scale then others, but it's the same stuff more or less.

Any other shows that have your interest?
>>
go watch the best one NOW

its called
Kamen Rider Wizard
make sure to use TV-Nihon Subs
>>
>>12443881
>but it's the same stuff more or less.
Tell that to Ryuki's ending.
>>
>>12443884
Check's and kek'd, thanks satan.
>>
File: 1428053932183.jpg (2MB, 2800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1428053932183.jpg
2MB, 2800x3000px
>>12443881
Not sure, from some of the charts I've seen they don't give me a read on how much comedy, drama, action, etc. to expect. Is a basic idea to just sort of watch things that have a visual design that you find appealing, or is there something like pic related for the franchise?

With a little research I think most of the Heisei stuff seems to have interesting concepts. Kuuga looks like it has an underdog MC which I tend to enjoy. Showa stuff seems to follow the same basic formula more rigidly, though a quick skim over plot makes Black look like it has something that sets it apart.
>>
>>12444072
Nah, Black is way more rigid than the likes of Stronger or Amazon. It's got a few episodes of plot at the beginning, then it's nothing but monster of the week with no overarching story till Shadow Moon appears in the final quarter. The older shows are surpisingly experimental in places, Toei's literally making up the franchise as it goes along so there's all sorts of strange and unique concepts that thrown in every episode where it just uses MOTW as a basic frsmework.

Most people tend to find which ones have the suits that look the coolest to them, and then watch those shows. Kuuga, Agito and Ryuki are all pretty character centric and heavy on the drama. All three are usually highly recommended as high points of the franchise, you can't really go wrong with at least one of them. Gaim's good if you want something plot heavy with a very "anime" feel. Den O's mostly comedy centric but when the drama happens in that show it's gut wrenching. Blade's got good characters and drama aplenty but the first quarter of the show is a shoddy slog, everything after it is great. Fourze continues that cosy atmosphere you find in W with a very optimistic main character and positive message, but some people find it a tad too cartoonish. OOO has great chracters but for the longest part of the show there's no plot to speak of.
>>
>>12444072
> Is a basic idea to just sort of watch things that have a visual design that you find appealing
That's generally touted when people ask for recommendations, but I don't think it's the absolute best way. Another common (and probably more effective) method is to suggest a "starting" series and then go from there based on what aspects you like most from what you watched. Although the franchise recycles a lot of stuff, each series is still really distinct in execution.

Most of the seasons I've seen have been at least fun, so sometimes it depends on if you want to go "all the way", in which case Kuuga is good to watch early on since it's the first.
>>
File: Fourze.jpg (177KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Fourze.jpg
177KB, 1024x768px
Fourze
>>
>>12443878
>asks for something fun
>suggests Kuuga
Don't be a dick.
>>
>>12443869
>>12444072
I recommend Kabuto. The story falls apart like 2/3 through, but it's consistently hilarious, and I usually despise Japanese comedy.

Coincidently, I'm not a big Rider fan, but I love both Kabuto and W.
>>
File: 1280429314448.jpg (2MB, 1168x1740px) Image search: [Google]
1280429314448.jpg
2MB, 1168x1740px
>>12444262
Kuuga is fun and the best rider series ever. Don't be a fgt.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.