[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So whats up with /m/ and Power Rangers lately? Any mention of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (100KB, 610x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 610x374px
So whats up with /m/ and Power Rangers lately? Any mention of it seems to throw someone in a blind fury now.
>>
>>12179212
There have always been people not knowing how to just ignore things they don't care for.
>>
Why don't you go ask in the containment thread? That's what it's there for.
>>
>>12179324
I already asked /Ssg/ :^)
>>
Samurai and Megaforce really left a bad taste in everyone's mouth
>>
It's cause the fan movie is out.
>>
The fan movie offended /m/'s delicate toku sensibilities.
>>
>>12179378
>>12179378
asking about Power Rangers in a Super Sentai thread was your first mistake. just like asking Super Sentai in a power rangers thread.

both Prfags and ssfags are the worst.
>>
>>12179737
It was actually a PoS in the eyes of even the PR fans along with the other toku show fans here and even in the few other boards the shillers tried to squeeze attention out of.
Shitting on it for right reason is definitely not exclusive to the rest of toku fanbase here.

Personally I think for the most part the fanbases of PR and SS have been pretty tame. Though that's usually because they keep to their threads.

It's just that you still get some get some people looking to start shit or oversensitive people who who will start shit if someone even very vaguely implies something they don't like to hear. Like something of the other show is better than theirs in some aspect or their show is worse than the other in some aspect. A very "us vs them" mindset that plagues 4chan that's infected some in both fanbases.
>>
>>12180239
You can ask about Sentai in a pr thread. What are you talking about?
>>
>>12179385
>Implying Power Rangers hasn't been complete trash for almost 20 years.
>>
>>12179212
It's because PRfags used to know to stay away from /m/.

Seems to mods have either embraced the autists or don't give a shit anymore.
>>
>>12180490
>being this butthurt that zordon chose Justin instead of you
>>
>>12180492
*Tokufags
>>
>>12180762
Do you really hate toku this much? why? I legitimately don't understand
>>
>>12180815
It's just people shitposting, trying to make tokufags/powerfaggots angry.
And they always bite. Just ignore it.
>>
It's always been this way you fucking newfag.
>>
>>12180899
It wasn't as bad as it is now
>>
>>12180952
Because the mods deleted PR threads. Now they just don't care.
>>
>>12180239
/ssg/ fag detected.

/m/ in general doesn't give a shit about the series. /prg/ is made for discussing power rangers, and /ssg/ is for discussing super sentai. And if you bring sentai into /prg/ most of them don't give a shit up until you say, "all power rangers is shit because it's not the source material." That being said if you even say the word "Zord" in /ssg/ their Autism pants get into a bundle. Talk about either anywhere else and they say this >>12179324. Ask about recent power rangers and you get >>12179385. Ask about movies and they say >>12179415, with a mix of them talking about the upcoming reboot which may or may not fall flat. Ask about the actors and it 90% of the time devolves into JDF is a dick. Ask about writers and Judy blah blah blah.

I think that's most of the bases.
>>
>>12180492
>Seems to mods have either embraced the autists
Since they figure they let the first group of them in,
might as well complete the set by getting the western one, eh?
>>
>>12180490
I despise Neo Saban's seasons, but RPM is fucking fantastic.

>>12179385
Pretty much this

I grew up with Disney's era of PR. I saw everything from Wild Force to RPM. Fans give the Disney seasons a lot of shit, but I still think a lot of them hold up.

So going from RPM to the utter shit that was Samurai and Megaforce makes one jaded. I hear people are liking Dino Charge, but I'm not interested. I'll wait and see how it does for a dozen episodes until I make a judgment.
>>
>>12181100
>lying
>>
Hell if I know, I stopped paying attention to the series after In Space. Only thing I wonder is why people here pick Power Rangers over Sentai these days because I've heard the recent shows were pretty much just a watered down version of the Sentai show they take the footage from as opposed to being a totally different thing like the ones I grew up with.
>>
>>12182807
Only Samurai was. MF was shit for a whole bunch of different reasons
>>
>>12182807
People stick to things that they grew up with. I watched PR as a kid but switched to KR, LOGH, Brave series, and Metal Heroes because I get more fun instead of a show that has Japanese footage spliced in.
>>
>>12182807
Most people do "pick it over" they watch both usually
>>
>>12181168
> And if you bring sentai into /prg/ most of them don't give a shit up until you say, "all power rangers is shit because it's not the source material."
How about you go to /prg/ before projecting shit? We were always welcoming to sentai. Heck, the first bunch of threads literally stated that sentai was welcome in the OPs
>>
>>12182807
Watch Time Force, Ninja Storm, and RPM; they're the best seasons after Space. SPD was okay and Wild Force for Forever Red. I gave up on PR after Megaforce, but I still have some nostalgia for those series.

>why people here pick Power Rangers over Sentai these days
It was what they watched first and they think it's still good.

>>12183149
Samurai and MF is what made abandoned the sinking ship that is Saban Brands.

>>12183325
Same here anon. Can't really respect PR nowadays because I'm not a kid anymore and it's a Frankenstein throwback to a mentality that thinks US kids aren't prepared seeing Asian actors on-screen.
>>
>>12179212
>Any mention of it seems to throw someone in a blind fury now.
>So I decided to mention it because I'm a troll
>>
>>12180492
Literally "Not /m/ Because Not Japanese": The Post.
>>
>>12180492
>Seems to mods have either embraced the autists or don't give a shit anymore.

If the mods don't give a shit, why do you?
>>
>>12186763
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>12179212
>lately
Sentaifags have always thrown a fit about it for the five years I've been here.
>>
>>12187225
It all boils down to the chicken or the egg. Did sentai shitstorming come first or was it PR trolling?
>>
>>12186757
>it's a Frankenstein throwback to a mentality that thinks US kids aren't prepared seeing Asian actors on-screen
It still exists today. Hollywood has a long history of not casting Asians or giving them the chance to play characters and not cliches.

Don't forget how casting calls for the Red Samurai Ranger specified Caucasian only while the other rangers could be any race.

PR is a necessary evil. Nobody would watch dubbed or subbed sentai. Nor would networks allow some of the stuff that goes on.
>>
>>12187231
For the last fucking time, it was the egg, oviparous animals already existed much before one of them evolved close enough to be called a chicken.
>>
>>12187231
>Did sentai shitstorming come first or was it PR trolling?
There's barely any PR trolling though.
>>
>>12186376
Don't
>>
Power Rangers has always been bad since day one. I always thought it was gay as fuck, even as a kid.

Take the sentai footage away, what does that leave you with? Horrendous acting and bad dubbing.

It's not like Sentai had good acting in the first place, which is why Saban could have at least made an effort when he brought it over.
>>
>>12187029
>Who are you quoting?
>12179212 (OP)
>>
>>12187589
>Power Rangers has always been bad since day one.
Space and RPM are good though. I'd even argue they surpass their sentai counterparts.

>Take the sentai footage away, what does that leave you with? Horrendous acting and bad dubbing.
True. Lots of PR feats and badassry is from the sentai footage.

>It's not like Sentai had good acting in the first place, which is why Saban could have at least made an effort when he brought it over.
Saban built his fortune by importing Japanese shows to kids. He started with anime in the 70's and 80's, then to live-action via PR, VR Troopers, and Beetleborgs. He's a notorious cheapskate and doesn't give a fuck about effort so long as he gets all that cash.

At one time, he actually DID make something original: Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog which proves that he could've made his own series from scratch. He did a Western version of sentai in the backdrop of Irish lore and medieval fantasy.
>>
>>12187589
>Saban could have at least made an effort
Recasting and refilming is a lot more effort than a dub, though.
>>
>>12187608
>Space and RPM are good though. I'd even argue they surpass their sentai counterparts.
I thought Time Force was better than Timeranger, myself.
>>
>>12187608
>Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog
He even reused the good guy being brainwashed and then later becomes the newest member of the team.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.