[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things we know are silly but enjoy anyway. From all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: setsuna.png (247KB, 987x554px) Image search: [Google]
setsuna.png
247KB, 987x554px
ITT: Things we know are silly but enjoy anyway.

From all the memes I thought I would hate pic related, but he ended up being my favourite part of 00 because he was so damn earnest about his ridiculous shit.
>>
File: 1415170921971.jpg (25KB, 500x485px) Image search: [Google]
1415170921971.jpg
25KB, 500x485px
>>11683543

just finished watching 00 and the movie.

>mfw watching the movie
>>
>>11683557
At least the effects were decent?
>>
File: 1408781839993.png (176KB, 498x374px) Image search: [Google]
1408781839993.png
176KB, 498x374px
>>11683561

it's still fresh on me so I don't even know what the fuck I watched. I'm gonna have to sleep on it
>>
>>11683571
That is pretty much the normal reaction to the 00 movie. especially if you got the troll-subs for the opening
>>
>>11683579

I went full Dubs for the entirety of 00 (series + movie) I can't be assed to read subs while I build gunpla

I'm thinking of just watching the destiny movies rather than going thru the whole ordeal though
>>
>>11683579
the gSS subs are amazing and improve that fucking sad excuse for a movie. I only really had fun during the bit with the tvnihon spoof subs.
>>
>>11683591
I know man, I love that bit so much
perhaps the greatest troll subs of all time
>>
we could always use more 00 threads.

one of the best AUs they came out with since destiny killed gundam drought. destiny is awful compared to this as a whole.
>>
>tfw Sunrise will never make the Celestial Being movie
>>
>>11683543
>Things we know are silly but enjoy anyway.

Super Robot shows. The more kid-focused saturday morning cartoon type the better.
>>
>>11683571
The ELS try to communicate to humanity that they don't want to eat them anymore.
The only example of a human mind they have is Setsuna.
So they turn into a giant flower because that's what he associates with peace.
>>
>>11683706
>The more kid-focused saturday morning cartoon type the better.

nowadays they only focused on promoting toys and arcade games with those trading cards in fish sausage packaging
>>
>>11683587
>building gunpla while watching anime
>what the fuck did I just watch
You really can't put two and two together?

Maybe if you paid attention you would know what it is that you just watched
>>
File: flowerpost.jpg (60KB, 695x191px) Image search: [Google]
flowerpost.jpg
60KB, 695x191px
>>11683571
>I don't even know what the fuck I watched
I'm honestly BAFFLED TO THIS DAY how any human being of sound mental health can be so fucking dense that they could NOT tell what happened.

It's NOT THAT COMPLICATED. If we can't even comprehend this ELEMENTARY level of symbolism, I honestly fear for the future of the human race...
>>
>>11683837
This is new /m/, anon. Kids these days just want NARUTO fighting and explosions
>>
>>11683839
I like fighting and explosions too, there's nothing wrong with that. But has our education system regressed so far that kids these days can't even grasp the basics of METAPHOR?
>>
>>11683837

The point is that it's stupid and anticlimatic.
>>
>>11683844
what is this metafor you speak of, ol' wise one?
>>
>>11683721

After many a years on discussions about many different shows i've come to the conclusion that most people become brain dead while watching shows.
>>
>>11683845
A better argument than "what the fuck did I just watch?!" You don't have to LIKE something to understand it. But the way people go on about the ending of this movie and G-Reco as of recently really makes me wonder if we've become so dense that EVERY MINUTE DETAIL has to be spoonfed to us.
>>
>>11683860
Drax please. I'm talking to humans here.
>>
>>11683872
Is it us as in Americans? Do the Japanese fanbase have the same problem?

Really, I think a lot of times the problem is with the US fanbase. Like, we bitch about SEED all the time, but it will never go away because the Japanese loves it.
>>
>>11683872
>2014
>trying to convince internet retards that they're wrong

Do you honestly believe that if you type out pages of text on why stupid people are stupid this will somehow cure their stupidity?
>>
>>11683881
The sheer amount of flashbacks in SEED would burn themselves so deep in peoples memory that they can't sleep without dreaming about PIANOS.
>>
The movie was a bit unusual but not bad. Kind of art-house like in a way.
>>
>>11683895
HE WAS 15
>>
>>11683921
I'm just salty about it because I didn't get enough QUANTA action. And the ending kinda made me mad lol.
>>
Imagine a world

With no Gundam 00 season two
>>
>>11684350
Sounds like a boring place.
>>
>>11684350
I'd still hate 00 S1 for going to shit the moment the Trinities appeared. Especially the ending with its bullshit Graham fight just to kill Setsuna.
>>
>>11684382
How are Trinities worse than all the other total bullshit that happens earlier? Because at that point it goes full super robot?
>>
>>11683959
NICORUUUUUUU
>>
>>11683721
>>11683837

no I understood perfectly what I just watched, gundam is not exactly rocket science.

what I wonder is if the movie was completely necessary. by the ending of S2 we've had a complete idea of the plot of 00 and the movie just seemed like a cherry on top of the full understanding sundae.
>>
Power of the friendship and camaraderie in general. An anime/manga can be shit or turn into shit, but if it does well the camaraderie part, I will eat it up like an idiot. I just can't help myself.
>>
File: 1414140426780.png (720KB, 785x594px) Image search: [Google]
1414140426780.png
720KB, 785x594px
>>11684819

also since I just finished sleeping on it. here are my final thoughts on 00not that anyone cares since I am just a retard

good show, with a good overall idea for a plot, the world is built fine but the whole thing gets dragged down by some shitty characters and bad dialog. I liked everything about the politics and ideas on the elevators and power sources. also fuck everything for killing the only character worth a shit(Lockon)
>>
>>11684859
>bad dialog
I assume you're fluent in Japanese?
>>
>>11684819
The movie was necessary so Sunrise wouldn't feel any pressure to continue it ever again. That's the fate of AU series.
>>
>>11684876

I Watched the dub. Inb4 "lel you dont get to complain subs are way better"
>>
>>11685008
>lel you dont get to complain subs are way better
They are though. They screwed up Graham's dialogue for one.
>>
>>11684953

In the ending of s2 they leave you with a small bit of scepticism as to how the peace will be maintained and if humanity will not just go back to its usual politics. Its a good foil to the full understanding they sold on the last couple of episodes.

It feels as though the movie is just the writers way of saying fuck you to opposing ideologies(peace thru war) and them just telling you that the shit they sold works and its the only path to peace.
>>
>>11683543
we could use more gundam protagonists like setsuna.

hes the best gundam pilot after all, because it becomes a gundam
>>
>>11683543

4chan, as a whole. Silly, but completely stupid. >:(
>>
>>11684382
I too enjoyed watching super robots beating up mooks for 17 episodes. The episode where the combined armies of 3 super powers couldn't do anything to the Gundams but try to tire out the pilots was just brilliant.
>>
>>11688888
The best part of 00 season 1 was not the Gundams, it was the people who had to deal with the Gundams.

S2 throws that out the window by making the antagonists completely hurrdurrevil and relegating the sympathetic antagonists to second-stringers at best.
>>
OP didn't even get the thread he wanted.

Just turned into people bitching about 00.

This board needs to control their impulses when their opinion wasn't even asked.
>>
>>11688888
Gundam 88888 confirmed
>>
>>11683543
Legend of Daiku-Maryu. The QUALITY animation and cheesiness just made it better for me somehow.
Plus it had that dadruse in the OP
>>
File: Setsuna-dwg3.jpg (55KB, 291x314px) Image search: [Google]
Setsuna-dwg3.jpg
55KB, 291x314px
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.