[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think about Mass Effect? I think Mass Effect is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 21

What does /m/ think about Mass Effect?
I think Mass Effect is a pretty cool guy, he fights robots and doesn't afraid of downloadable content.
>>
>>11140180
Legion ;_:
All in all, they're pretty sweet games. But I swear Mass Effect is Star Wars without lightsabers. And everyone is sexy for some reason.
>>
I haven't seen the old halo quote in years.
I loved the first games
tolerated the second
Loved the third until I beat it the second day after release. Haven't touched it again.

Honestly I can't stand how badly it went down hill. Reapers were so intimidating in 1. In 3 you're killing them with rocket launchers.
>>
>>11140199
I had a similar response

1 was great
2 was pretty good, but the way they changed powers/upgrades was really boring
3 was better in terms of gameplay, worse in terms of story
>>
>>11140199
Dude, you only kill 2 reapers in total. And in the last fight you almost die. Hell in the first fight you have to co-ordinate a multi fleet orbital strike just to take one down. I don't know how the hell earthlings survived for so long in the 3rd game.
>>
>>11140226
& a giant worm kills another. Greatest threat in the galaxy my ass.
>>
File: Commander-Shepard-customisation.png (576KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
Commander-Shepard-customisation.png
576KB, 625x625px
I've only played 1 and 2. The story's great and immersive but I'm not a fan of how they "streamlined" (read: dumbed down) the inventory and customisations and planet exploration in 2.

The real thing that kills it for me is EA being the typical EA scum and trying to get you to buy shitloads of DLC. You've already bought the game, and all this extra shit should have been in it to start with. So I've waited for a few years until pirated versions with all the DLC bundled in have become available.
I'm just playing through 2 now and just did the Normandy crash site bit. The feels.
>>
It has nice world building with all those codex entries. Unfortunately, what's established is often changed on the fly to keep up with the game plot and its mechanics....why the heatsinks man.
>>
A few weeks after 1 was released (and then again with 2), acquaintances kept bugging me to play it, saying it was the best thing ever. Each time, I told them I was waiting for it to finish so that I wouldn't be disappointed by a good start with a bad conclusion.

Those acquaintances, strangely, haven't mentioned the series since 3 came out.
>>
>>11140329
That's hilarious. Even without fucking up at the finish line, ME is entirely just a mashup of various sci-fi shit Bioware staff liked. Could have been the trilogy to be one of the icons of 7th gen though. Now it's just a sad "could have been".
>>
>>11140226
Giant Terminator Baby though.
>>
I liked the first two. It was neat seeing a big space opera universe in a video game, which didn't use further books to make it thus.

But man, I love pointing out the mashups between Lensmen, Babylon 5, Galactica, and Ender's Game going on in Mass Effect. Whole storylines 100% lifted.
>>
>>11140180

>pretty cool guy

everyone and their mother knows shepard is FEMALE
>>
I thought it was funny how some of the weapon and item descriptions in 2 poked fun at DRM and DLC, but then I realized I was playing the poster child for shitty digital distribution practices and stopped laughing.
>>
I think mass effect needs some *ahem*

calibrations.
>>
I loved the first two, but three kind of killed it for me.

Garrus, Wrex, Mordin and Legion are still my bros though.
>>
>>11140895
>I loved the first two, but three kind of killed it for me.
This is mostly the general consensus. Basically the games keep going "Your choices matter and shape the game" 1st and 2nd do it okay enough and the third just outright doesn't give a shit and forces you to have a single ending and you don't see a single effect from your choices at all in the final mission.
>>
>>11140180
>decisions that ultimately have no influence on the outcome
>retconning that would make Hawkman proud

It's shit in retroperspective.
>>
>>11140923

Not just that, but the entire series goes from "build space UN" to transhumanism with about 10 minutes to go.
>>
I cant even remember what most of the games were about.
>>
>>11140301
I looked the streamlining of inventory because absolutely every armor option was fucking useless or redundant. with 2 and 3 different armors had clear visual and stat changes
>>
Garrus and Tali? Total Space Bro and Sis.

and best romances.
>>
>>11140199
>>11140223
I surely can't be in the minority for thinking this:

1 was pretty good, there were obvious glaring flaws with the game (such as shepard having the same personality as a block of wood, or really none of the crew members or squad mates feeling in any way important to besides Liara and Joker and sometimes Garrus), but were easily overlooked by pretty much everything else being well done
2 was the worst game by far, managing to remove the good parts of the combat and exaggerating the bad parts, as well as making the plot feel nearly irrelevant and killing off the main character for no reason what so ever. It also managed to make all the squad mates superficial in trying to make them more deep (no one is actually around to stop the reapers except for shepard, the loyalty missions equate to fixing people's daddy issues and solving all of their life issues for them and this somehow affects who gets 1 shotted (somehow) as a door is being opened)
3 was actually ok up until the deus ex machina ending where nothing actually mattered anyways and all outcomes are the same (but to be fair, "IF YOU DO THIS THINGS WILL BE DIFFERENT BUT NOT REALLY" seems to be the theme of the trilogy's choice and consequence system). they improved on ME2's combat and they had a pretty nice upgrade system. They actually gave shepard facial expressions this time around and the squad relationships are slightly better than in ME2. Also Tuchanka was fucking great
>>
I will be mad about thermal clips forever and no one can stop me.
>>
>>11140983

y. collecting ammo is gay.
>>
File: james vega.jpg (409KB, 1748x1460px) Image search: [Google]
james vega.jpg
409KB, 1748x1460px
I really liked the first game when it came out. Really dug some of the 70's syd mead sci-fi design motif going on. Also maxed out biotic lift is fun as hell.

Second game was alright, but most aspects besides the graphics and music felt stunted compared to ME1. I liked the interactions with Mordin, Zaeed, Grunt, and Legion. Biotic pull isn't nearly as humorous as ME1's lift, but still pretty fun.

Third game had nice controls and entertaining gunplay and I enjoyed Javik's various comments. Story overall felt lackluster, but I found Citadel DLC's quirkiness and cartoonish mood very amusing.
>>
>>11140947
>absolutely every armor option was fucking useless or redundant
so much this. pretty much everything was omni-gel fodder and what's even more annoying is that you couldn't do it en masse. and regarding the streamlining of powers, while i hate how they gutted powers in 2, the various ranks were useless in 1. powers only really changed during specific ranks. say what you will about how much the 3rd game fucked up but it got the gameplay portion right with the gun upgrades that actually meant something and a balance of power use and gunplay.
>>
I'm probably the only guy in the history of the universe (nah, not really, but still minority, it seems) that really loved the offroading in the first game. Add in some environmental variety in non-mission planets and forward thrusting rockets, and it would have been the perfect to get around, light years better than the boredom of scanning a planet from afar.
Also, the inventory interface of the first game was so broken.
>oops, you're trying to pick up some items, but you already exceeded the arbitrary item limit, please dispose of all of the new items you're tryng to pick to continue, no, you can't get away and gel stuff already in your inventory you don't need, in fact, you can't leave these items as they are at all, dispose of all those new items exceeding the limit to continue with the game
Setting and plot were great though. Still haven't finished 2 or started 3 at all.
>>
What's your Shepard's first name, /m/?
Mine has A MAN'S NAME, AND HE'S A MAN.
>>
I really didn't care much for the core Reaper conflict. How am I supposed to properly space cop when everyone won't shut up over the looming threat of extinction.
>>
>>11140923
Don't forget the whole "Lolnope, organics and synthetics can never get along unless you do weird fusion shit that somehow magically changes the physiological makeup of everyone in the known galaxy instantly, how dare you try for a "muh understanding" approach even though the previous two games actively encouraged it?" bullshit.
>>
>>11141760
The story really suffered from betting rid of the original writer.
>>
I thought the setting was pretty good, but I just couldn't really get into the games.
>>
>>11140301
I wouldn't even be mad about the DLC if not for two reasons:
1. Some of them are crucial to fully get the story (Shadow Broker and Arrival for ME2, From Ashes and Leviathan for ME3)
2. They are never on sale for PC. NEVER. Hell, you can get the base game cheaper than most DLCs. I think that BioWare points went on sale only once since the release of ME3.
Nevertheless, all paid story DLC for the Mass Effect series were God Tier. Every. Single. One of them. Well, maybe except Arrival, that one was kinda half-assed
>That Kasumi heist mission.
>Exploring the planet in a vehicle during Overlord, so many ME1 memories.
>SHADOW BORKER
>Mr. Prothy the "Can-I-throw-the-robot-into-the-airlock" Prothean
>Ctulhu vs. Mechactulhu
>Do. Not. Fuck. With. Aria.
>Mass Effect 3: Wrex Expansion.
>>
>>11141944
>Ctulhu
Fuck me, of course it's Cthulhu
>>
File: 2012-07-04-239[1].png (310KB, 760x1093px) Image search: [Google]
2012-07-04-239[1].png
310KB, 760x1093px
At the risk of being unpopular with both /m/ and /v/, I absolutely loved Mass Effect. I loved the art, the music, the atmosphere, the characters, all that stuff, although 3 was by far the weakest game in the series, but I didn't hate it as such. 1 and 2 though I have some very fond memories of.

I still think this is how the third one should have ended, though.
>>
File: control me3.jpg (207KB, 1600x1086px)
control me3.jpg
207KB, 1600x1086px
>>11141964
>unpopular with both /m/ and /v/
Hahaha, that's a good one. /v/ absolutely LOVED Mass Effect right until the final mission of ME3. The Mass Effect generals were one of the reasons for the creation of /vg/.

Control is the best ending, especially since it's the only one to acknowledge whether you were a Paragon or a Renegade.
>>
ME1 had promise, but was flawed, but still fun.

ME2 took out all the RPG elements for some stupid reason, but the action was fun. 3 was pap.

That said is all they need to do to trick me back into ME again is bring back explorable planets, just use a better procedural generation algorithm, and bring back the inventory. Yes ME1 inventory sucked. That's why you should fix it, and not just throw it out.
>>
>>11141978
>/v/ absolutely LOVED Mass Effect right until the final mission of ME3
There were plenty of people unhappy with the changes 2 made, and even more who dropped the series after Bioware's fuckup with DA2.
>>
>>11142006
>Dropping a series because different people in the same studio fucked up another series.
Yeah, sounds exactly like /v/.
>>
Absolutely love the first one. ME2 removed a lot of the stuff I enjoyed, but it was still a decent game. Though it did take the overall story in a terrible direction. I still haven't played ME3 myself, but I've watched enough videos to know that I hate it. I still can't get over the fact that Tali was just a badly photoshopped stock photo and not a real alien.
>>
>>11141978
They've also forgotten the time when every other thread was a Tali thread. If Citadel released at that time /v/ with be singing along with her.

>>11141994
>Yes ME1 inventory sucked. That's why you should fix it, and not just throw it out.
But they did. ME3 brought back the gun upgrades and it actually mattered. It balanced the use of guns and powers and gave customization back. Sure some guns are obviously still better than others but the various trade-offs means they're usually not just direct upgrades.
>>
>>11141978
/v/ hates ME3 like it killed it own child or something, it's crazy.
>>
I tried playing first game, died like 5 times and ragequitted, maybe I should go back and try again.
>>
>>11142422
Which is funny because ME3 has hands down the best gameplay. Sure the ending was terrible and it destroyed any sense of mystery the first game established but the gameplay is pretty solid. Though I still miss ME1 Sentinels/Adepts and their ability to shut down an entire room or put anything in stasis including Thresher Maws. I guess Liara's really fast CD on Stasis was added in ME3 to make up for that but it's not the same. Detonating Double Pulls was fun though.
>>
>>11142470
There's no shame in lowering the difficulty, this is /m/ not /v/.
>>
It's weird how the Galaxy Map got dumber with each game. In the first, the metaphor was clearly that you were looking at nav charts, and laying in a course when you have to travel from point to point, as you do when you're commanding a starship.

In the second game, they actually introduce a little Normandy that you steer around star systems. I guess this was done in support of the planet scanning minigame and fueling systems. But both of those things are dumb, and slowing down navigation and ruining the original metaphor in their name of them is dumb as well.

Then the third game introduced the Reaper evasion thing, which, I don't know how it got off a whiteboard, it's so ill-advised. Like, I think that they were trying to convey how "nowhere is safe", but the effect is mostly "nowhere is not tedious".
>>
Pretty good game, I enjoyed all 3 even is the ending sucked, I don't know, it just feels as if they don't know how to end it properly
>mass effect 4 will be about "you" and not a named character like shephard.
I don't know how I feel about this, might be good or we might end up with a dumbass silent protagonist.
>>
File: 1242653262596.jpg (2MB, 3500x2341px) Image search: [Google]
1242653262596.jpg
2MB, 3500x2341px
ME1 was a great intro, they seemed to have put a lot of thought into the universe, the Reapers were mysterious and intimidating, the combat wasn't great but good enough that it didn't detract

ME2 seemed to make it less about the universe and more about the crew which I didn't care about. Some of them were great, but most were meh. Illusive Man was mysterious and interesting. Combat got a bit better, but the RPG elements took too big of a hit. This is my least liked entry.

ME3 hit a great balance RPG/customization wise between 1 and 2. Best combat as well. Overall I liked the story a lot, the Reapers were annihilating, the situation felt intense. I could have done without the ghostkid, it felt forced, and Illusive Man's final outcome was kinda disappointing, and the ending was meh, but it overall felt like the most complete package. I never played any of the DLC for 3, I should sometime.

I took that ME survey recently, I said exploration should be the most important aspect, I want Skyrim levels of wander and explore planets. I missed that from ME1, it gave the best impression of being in a huge galaxy, driving around planets and shit. ME2 was too contained.

I fucking love the concept art for these games
>>
>>11142718
>I never played any of the DLC for 3, I should sometime.
I should do this too. The only one I've played is the one with Javik since that came with download. I wanted to at least try Citadel because it made the old crew available for a while.
>>
Mass Effect 3 has the Palaven/Sur'Kesh/Tuchanka arc, Javik, and Citadel. Everything else is pretty hit or miss, leaning towards the miss.
>>
>>11142718
But the planetary exploration in Mass Effect 1 was just height maps and the same 10 assets over and over. The only one worth its salt, to my recollection was Ontaram, the one where the moon was slowly de-orbiting. Gorgeous sky-box, and the shifty-looking cow.
>>
Mass Effect one was solid space opera RPG. A nice intro to the world, but rather clunky in terms of the mechanics.

ME2 stripped out a lot of this clunkiness, but in doing so toed the line on being oversimplified. That said, I really liked how from early on in the game it is established that you are building up to a single mission for the fate of the galaxy, and everything after that is you gearing up and recruiting for this one thing. And once you actually start that mission, the game becomes an action movie in the best way possible.

ME3 started really solid, the escape from Earth and the couple missions after that quickly establish just how bleak our chances are, to the point that EDI getting a sexy robot body is our first breath of fresh air in the game where we get a chance to just relax. Gameplay-wise the best of the trilogy.
Still a solid game, but they dropped the ball in the home stretch. It feels like the game was rushed through development at the end by management, what with the ending of the game basically cutting out all gameplay and choice and little details like Tali's photo being "5 minutes in photoshop" tier.
Between that and stuff like Javik and the Leviathan very obviously being stuff that was supposed to be in the game from the beginning? I can't shake the feeling that ME3 got dicked hard by EA meddling, cutting content off into DLCs and rushing them towards some arbitrary release date at the expense of a coherent final act.
>>
>A four issue comic with an important Asari from the previous game starring as the main character is released to hype up the game.
>Comic hints that the situation will be resolved in the game proper.
>The first issue of the comic is included with the collectors edition of the game.
>The Asari character does nothing in the actual game apart from sitting in a chair, giving you a lame sidequest and saying "Shepard, someday I will need your help with finishing the story from the comic"
>The second paid DLC has you finish the story from the comic, with the Asari as a temporary squadmate.

Am I talking about ME2 or ME3?
>>
Tali could do without having her face revealed.
She was best girl exactly because her mask made her look like a Geara Doga.
>>
File: Agebinium2.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Agebinium2.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>11142798
Oh yeah ME1's exploration wasn't anything amazing, I just liked that it was there, it helped me feel like I was a small person on a big planet in a big fucking universe

What I meant was I want that aspect back, but then with Skyrim levels of actual interesting things to do
>>
File: 1402837004939.png (1MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1402837004939.png
1MB, 1024x576px
>>11142910
It's like poetry - they rhyme
>>
>>11140180
-Good universe
-Good gameplay (great in the later games, inventory micromanagement never suited it)
-Great visuals
-Good characters
-Terrible ending
-Renegade 4 life
-Too much loading time on the Normandy.
>>
>>11142937
I kind of like Mass Effect 2's style, where planetary missions were these 10 to 20 minute jaunts in specific locations. They provided a little variety and texture between the normal crit-path and squad missions.

It would be cool though if two or three of the main missions had the hub-and-spoke model that Overlord used. Open up the game for a little bit, and not have everything be so linear.
>>
>>11142982
Also:
-Tali is too adorable for words. 10/10 would make waifu again.
>>
>>11142982
>Renegade 4 life
Too many renegade dialogue choices were just Shepard being an unpleasant ass for no real reason or gain. I had no problems with some of the interrupts and dialogue choices, but I was never able to go full red.
>>
>>11140180
I liked the series overall.

I felt that the side missions in 1 were somewhat repetitive bar a few particular examples.

Definitely enjoyed that there were a few immediate effects from the choices I made in 2. The combat improvements were also enjoyed.

3 had a fairly fun game system, which was reflected in how much of the multi-player I played. I was fairly disappointed by the ending arc, for the same reasons as most people here.
>>
>ME3
>The main villain of the series, the guy who kept yapping at you non-stop in the second game, doesn't show up until the very end and doesn't even have any fucking lines
>The collectors just fucking disappear
>Online bullshit
>All sorts of interesting flavour text in the online bullshit which has no story
>DLC DLC DLC

Even if the ending wasn't shit the game would've been pretty fucking bad.
>>
I feel like Bioware's romance mechanic is forced and never really much cared for it. I understand that galaxy saving generates a lot of stress and that this is supposed to be a space opera, but deciding which biological entity you fuck should not be more important to a player than how they go about saving the galaxy. They should try to reprioritize themselves and get focused for the next game, make changes where changes need to be made. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself with Bioware, shouldn't expect too much from them. But who else even makes Space Opera or Sci-Fi RPGs any more? Where's a guy to go? There's fuckall options, so Mass Effect is pretty much necessary at this point if you want something new.
>>
>>11142984
Also, less faceless mercenaries, and more exotic alien fauna.

On an unrelated note, the next game seriously needs to do away with gibbing. I get that the weapons of the Mass Effect universe are terrifyingly powerful, but the head-exploding in Mass Effect 3 looked hell of dumb, and meant that everything you killed basically had to be faceless.
>>
>>11143031
>But who else even makes Space Opera or Sci-Fi RPGs any more? Where's a guy to go? There's fuckall options, so Mass Effect is pretty much necessary at this point if you want something new.

That shouldn't be the case. Mass Effect proved that there's still demand, so other people ought to try.
>>
>>11143041
I know, but it is. I can't think of anything, at least not anything that's being crowdfunded, and that's really failed to bring about much positive results so far.
>>
>>11143066
I said it shouldn't be the case, the problem is that it IS.
>>
>>11143011
Renegade interrupts were the best though. Paragon interrupts got you out of a situation just fine, but Renegade ones made you a badass while doing it.

It's been a long time since I played so you'll forgive me if I get some details wrong, but one that sticks with me particularly well was that one part with this Krogan who manages to corner your team, and keeps going on and on about how screwed you are, until you use Renegade to just blow up this container near him and launch him off the balcony. Fucking loved that.
>>
Play EVE and shut the fuck up
>>
>>11143100
Yeah, because another job that I have to pay for is exactly what I need in my life.
>>
>>11143105
You can pay for it by playing it real good!
>>
In all seriousness if you want some space pick up the X series. It's not an opera but it does have sweet ships.
>>
>>11143115
Is X Rebirth any good? I loved all the other games in the series, but I've heard awful things about this one and have yet to get it.
>>
>>11143129
It's getting better but it's still not even 1/10 the game that X3TC is.
>>
>>11142017
To be fair, most of the ME3 fear was due to EA. DA2 being dogshit lauded by critics only heightened those fears.
>>
File: Ontarom2.jpg (663KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ontarom2.jpg
663KB, 1920x1080px
>>11143041
hey, Destiny and No Man's Sky are coming, so that's something
>>
>>11143031
Sadly it looks like Bioware has fallen deep into waifushit, with an audience that crys bitchtears when a new DA3 character isn't the sexuality they wanted them to be.
>>
File: I felt like screaming.jpg (42KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
I felt like screaming.jpg
42KB, 720x480px
>>11143149
It's just that Bioware does romance so awful and they make such an integral and intrusive part of the game that you can't ignore it. If they had put the same time and effort into making their characters more interesting and the story more cohesive. It's clear that they spent a lot of time, money, and effort making sure that everyone, even the ship's fucking computer, gets shipped.
>>
>>11143115
Problem I have with X (from my experiences with X3) is
1. there's no cockpit as far as I can tell, I don't like this
2. I can't get the game to map to a gamepad worth a damn and I am not in the mood to go out and buy a HOTAS to replace my broken X45.
3. Last time I booted X3 up it made screeching noises. Supposedly this is the fault of the CCCP codecs or something but I haven't checked to make sure disabling some things unfucks the sound. I mean, the screech was -that- bad.

I want someone to waltz in and tell me how all this and more can be fixed quite trivially, though.
>>
>>11143233
1. X1 and X2 had cockpit, I've no earthly idea why they took them away, but mods can bring them back quite easily
2. You really should use either kb+m or joystick and using a gamepad is really just an all around bad idea, even if you managed to make it work
3. I have no idea
When you say X3, do you mean Reunion, Terran Conflict, or Albion Prelude? Is it your first experience in the X series?
>>
>>11143272
>>11143115
I actually got a bunch of X games on Steam ages ago, where do I start? The first, or can I jump in to a later installment?
>>
>>11143272
I have both Reunion and TC. But I've barely managed to get into either one.

TC I think was the one I most recently tried.

Supposedly AP has actual controller support but I don't get how they could do that in an expansion yet not integrate it into the core of TC...
>>
>>11143295
I think you should at least give the first one (BTF) a shot (you might have visual issues, just play around with the compatibility). It's still a fun game, just with dated graphics. It's not strictly necessary that you start there to get the full story or anything (even more so since X has alternate campaigns), since you can gather what happened in a previous installment from what they give you, but you should try it if you can.

>>11143307
Well, TC is also an expansion, Reunion is the base. Also, most of their decisions have been made to cater to the very niche but faithful playerbase that Egosoft has, and pretty much none of them have ever asked for or wanted controller support, so they've never bothered. In fact, the only reason they gave it controller support I think was to test how well they could do it for Rebirth, since they wanted to put it on Xbox.

Infact, the whole Rebirth fiasco left a bad taste in everyone's mouth, especially the fans of Egosoft. They probably lost a lot of community support because of it.
>>
>>11143327
Thing is, a pad tends to be enough for the basic flight controls of a game. I never intended to abandon keyboard for complex functions or the mouse to actually operate menu interfaces, I just wanna be able to pick up a controller and fly the damn ship mostly off of that, it's simple no frills offloading of the flight component without having to add a shitton of buttons to the ordeal like if I still had a working X45.

I'll tell you, I never really got full use out of that X45. In theory it and its successors are all nice sticks that you can map a shitton of commands to, but in practice I never really used more than about a Dualshock 3's worth of interface elements, hence why I'm partial to some semblance of gamepad support.
>>
>>11143362
Side note:
Yep it was CCCP, gotta disable mp2/mp3 on the LAV audio thing otherwise nightmare screeches from beyond the beyond.

Also now the biggest hurdle I've got is
A) getting my DS3 recognized again
B) getting the right thumbstick recognized period

I am this close to taking back my criticisms and going in for the long haul, but that right stick not being acknowledged is killing me.
>>
>>11143147
>No Man's Sky
I'm so gonna kill someone if they go full sellout and keep it a PS4 exclusive.
>>
>>11142798
The one for Bring Down the Sky was good too. Or was that the same thing. Whatever, that one was beautiful to look at. The rest of the Mako portions were meh.
>>
>>11143147
>No Man's Sky
>procedurally generated anything
I want to be hyped but space games that emphasize exploration are boring as shit. They make for pretty wallpaper fodder but like the Mako parts of ME1 they're a borefest at best and tedious at most. Same thing with Freelancer, sure there's a few neat places to see but I'll take FreeSpace any day.
>>
>>11143011
>>11143099
There is like one time when a Paragon line outdoes every Renegade line in the entire trilogy.
"The Alliance lost eight cruisers. Shenyang. Emden. Jakarta. Cairo. Seoul. Cape Town. Warsaw. Madrid. And yes, I remember them all. Everyone in the Fifth Fleet is a hero. The Alliance owes them all medals. The Council owes them a lot more than that. And so do you."
Sure, punching the bitch is funny, but making a fool of her is more satisfying.
>>
File: 1332699950766.jpg (60KB, 519x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1332699950766.jpg
60KB, 519x1024px
>>11142927
I'd rather they kept it hidden than do what they did. If they were going to reveal it, they could have at least done something interesting and creative. This fan design will always be my headcanon Tali.
>>
>>11144608
But that is the stuff of nightmares....
>>
>>11145485
Sexy wet nightmares, you mean.
My only problem with the pic is that she doesn't seem to have a proper "bottom" of the mouth, making it kinda tricky to eat and especially drink liquids.
>>
>>11140180

Mass Effect was terribly planned as a trilogy. 2 should have been either the first game or an entirely different game that is something more than a pointless filler, for a start. They have created too many major decisions points too early, and then inevitably were forced to make most of those decisions meaningless. And they lost all pretense at subtlety and nuance in characterization by the third game, pushing their ideas on the player, however retarded the context of the previous games made these ideas.
>>
>>11140199
Okay, so I actually thought Halo 2 was just as good as the first. And then 3 wasn't as good but still pretty good. ODST was rad, and then I everything about 4 was good...except the story.

Same with Mass Effect. The first game was great. And then 2 was pretty good and 3 improved everything from 2, sans ending.

Just try to tell me that fighting the Thresher Maw and on the Turian moon with the Reapers in the background wasn't epic.
>>
File: shepard is the best dad.png (153KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
shepard is the best dad.png
153KB, 500x346px
I still have fond memories for the series even with the trainwreck of an ending it had (and thankfully there are mods out there to fix that).

Blueberry is still my favorite of the romances.
>>
Regarding all this talk of 3 shitting on the previous two games, remember this is Bioware we're talking about.

They knowingly released that Knights of the Old Republic 2 game, with full knowledge that it was only half finished and didn't even have a fucking ending..! Whole character arcs, plotpoints and missions just stop because it's unfinished. Yet it takes many hours to get far into the game and start noticing things are horribly wrong, which reviewers don't do (because of time and wanting to get their review out ahead of the competing magazines or sites), so it got amazing reviews upon release. Only later did people notice they'd bought a 60%-70% completed work in progress with chunks simply missing and no ending.

Same with Mass Effect 3. Bioware had probably learned from KOTOR 2 that you can actually get away with this stuff, and I don't think many of the reviewers could afford the time to actually complete the game before writing their review.

EDIT - so, I just found out that it was Obsidian who made KOTOR 2, not Bioware. But they still oversaw development.
>>
File: Quarian-ME1.jpg (198KB, 1162x1599px) Image search: [Google]
Quarian-ME1.jpg
198KB, 1162x1599px
>>11144608
I still prefer the concept ME1 Quarian design, sorta "photorealistic Freeza"-ish. Still leagues better than The Photoshop.
>>
>>11145753
KOTOR 2 was obsidian, and lucasarts forced them to release it
>>
>>11145768
it's obsidian, it would have been an unfinished mess no matter what.
>>
File: 6f2.gif (983KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
6f2.gif
983KB, 500x250px
Played Mass Effect 1 and 2 on the Xbox.
Didn't play any of the DLC because fuck DLC forever.
Years later played 2 on the PC with all the DLC.
This happens to me all time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHpF0d08NM

I mean like at least once per mission.
>>
>>11145801
In fact, after typing that I just played some more.

Garrus is now stuck 2 meters off the ground inside a door on the citadel.
>>
File: quarian-model.jpg (170KB, 450x1080px) Image search: [Google]
quarian-model.jpg
170KB, 450x1080px
>>11145763
Those are okay, but still not really "alien" enough for me. One of the concept artists said he and others considered this one to be the canon Tali during development.

>>11145783
Obsidian's unfinished messes are still better than a lot of other developers' finished products.
>>
>>11145909
That's the one I meant, it's like someone beat Freeza with a "REALISM"-stick. Looks less like some sort of space elf.
>>
Neither of those still can't beat Tali's regular helmet.
>>
Bits like this make playing the game worth it.
>>
>>11145946
I like how in the third game you can find the Hamster.
>>
>>11145946
I laughed the first time I saw that. Tali telling her drone to "go for the eyes!" was pretty fun too.
>>
File: Legion_and_the_Primes.jpg (31KB, 355x341px) Image search: [Google]
Legion_and_the_Primes.jpg
31KB, 355x341px
The Geth are still one of my favorite fictional races. I liked their mindset on things, and the way they functioned as a 'society'.
>>
>>11142927
>her mask made her look like a Geara Doga.
I'm not the only one who thought that?
>>
What were some interactions where the paragon response was just as good as the renegade and vice versa.

Personally I'm not sure which response to meeting Grunt the first time is better;

>Renegade
>Shoot Grunt in the face repeatedly while telling him that he WILL stand down.
>a bit of blood trickles out of his mouth and you can tell he has the wildest boner right now

or;

>Paragon
>Convince him to join you and share a laugh afterwards when he realizes you had a gun to his chest the whole time.
>>
File: space_38a0f7_391391.jpg (34KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
space_38a0f7_391391.jpg
34KB, 407x405px
>>
>>11145982
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOHVdOCl8jk
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.