[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>guys make oldschool mechwarrior clone thats in alpha and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: toothgasms.gif (930KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
toothgasms.gif
930KB, 448x252px
>guys make oldschool mechwarrior clone thats in alpha and already has more to offer than Mechwarrior Online

http://store.steampowered.com/app/266470/
>>
>>11117937
>Third person view

Pool's closed. Move on, there's nothing to see here.
>>
>>11117959
FPS = fucking piece of shit
>>
>>11117959

They said first person view is already in the game but they took it out for now until they finish making all the cockpits.

They also said youll be able ot host servers and force people into FPV if you dont want people playing in 3rd person to peek around corners.

I just hope they can avoid Mechwarriors problem with long range alpha strikes letting you blow mechs in half from across the map.
>>
>>11117979

Video game dev promises are the stuff broken dreams are made of, Anon.
>>
>>11118014
Yeah. Still, we can always hope they come through this time...I'll wait a little later, though, it is easy to get burned by Early Access. If they do fulfill some of their promises, though, I think I'll end up buying this.
>>
>>11117979
>They also said youll be able ot host servers and force people into FPV if you dont want people playing in 3rd person to peek around corners.

I honestly'd be okay with third person, if it had some in-game mechanic attatched to it - like a goddam drone you can shoot down.
>>
Why would anyone pay for early access? Whyyyyy?
>>
>>11118151
>why would anyone pay EXTRA for early access?
FTFY.

Anything else is you just buying the game before it's finished, which is less and less potentially foolish as development proceeds.
>>
Mechwarrior 4 is old school?
>>
>>11119261
Considering it's been over a decade now, I guess it's getting up there.
>>
I already played this game back in 2009, when it was called lore: aftermath.
>>
>>11117937
>http://store.steampowered.com/app/266470/
holy shit this is awesome
>>
>>11118175
>paying to beta test an unfinished game

Devs used to pay people to do that.
>>
>>11118175
The devs already have your money but no real incentive to finish the game. It has happened on numerous occasions that the devs simply leave planned features not added etc... For instance Minecraft and Towns
>>
>>11119473
To be fair, they didn't change the model so much as destroy the definitions. Beta testing used to take months or years and involve tons of placeholders and a lot of bugtesting and repeated revisions, but Bungie's new game Destiny is fully playable in "public alpha" and its "beta" was literally a week or two later, which are both a few more weeks before release. Minecraft stayed in beta for like four years and earned millions, and it still isn't done.

Most of the time, early access is an extended playable advertisement with the caveat that they might dramatically change their business model at some point down the line, MWO style.
>>
File: 1405335672951.jpg (116KB, 1131x707px) Image search: [Google]
1405335672951.jpg
116KB, 1131x707px
>>11119261
>>11119305
Are there any of the games on an online distributor like Steam or Origin or something similar?
>>
>>11119578
Not that I'm aware of.
>>
>>11119578
You may as well pirate them. They're all basically abandonware at this point anyway.
>>
>>11117937
What exactly does it offer that MWO doesn't?
>>
>>11119636
It doesn't have those $500 mech packs, who wants to play without those!?
>>
>>11119657

The Stormcrow was my favourite Clan mech in MW2 though. That machine easily could get up to 200 kmph if you just ran and then used its inerita to scoot along the ground using jump jets.
>>
>>11119760
That doesn't make the price any less ridiculous.
>>
>>11119636

They say right on their steam page they are offering a ton of different game modes, and an offline mode as well where you can fight AI in "instant action" matches all on huge ass maps with proper bases and buildings for re-arming and repairing that can be captured by enemy teams.

MWO has like 3 game modes, which are all basically just team deathmatch. Thats fucking it. And their bases are fucking useless. Just a red square on the ground with a couple turrets here and there. And the only point of bases in MWo is to stand in the red square to capture them to try and win the match. Thats it. They dont let you respawn or repair or anything.
>>
>>11119760

>The Stormcrow was my favourite Clan mech in MW2 though. That machine easily could get up to 200 kmph if you just ran and then used its inerita to scoot along the ground using jump jets.

Stormcrow can only do 116kmh max in Mechwarrior Online because they dont let clan mechs change engines. The game also has a hard cap at 150kmh because even though light mechs should easily be able to go 200kmh, their shitty netcode cant keep up with mechs that fast so all light mechs are gimped as fuck.
>>
>>11119893

I really wonder why people didn't quit in droves when they dropped all the additional animation and reduced mech to moonwalking on an invisible plane.
>>
>>11119615
A damn shame.

>>11119615
How might you recommend pirating these fine games, as I haven't pirated anything aside from a few songs a bout 8 years ago?
>>
>>11121248

Go to Pirate Bay or Kickass Torrents.

Theres a bunch of torrents for the Mechwarrior games and all their expansions. You might have some issues trying to get MW 1, 2, and 3 running on Windows 7/8 though. MW4 runs just fine on Windows 7.
>>
>>11121359
That's a bit of a bummer. Are there any workarounds?
>>
>>11121398
Lots. If you're willing to put up with the dos versions 1 and 2 can be run in dosbox, or if you feel like tinkering you could try and get the 3dfx version of mw2 running in glide wrapper. For mechwarrior 3, you can run it through a program called "d3dwindower", that seems to get everything sorted and running in full directx mode.
>>
>>11119529
>Minecraft stayed in beta for like four years and earned millions, and it still isn't done.
Minecraft its a piece of shit thinking about developing
>Java
>small company

nope.
>>
>>11123497
Was curious as to if there was a solution for MW3's cantankerousness. Thank you.
>>
>>11123497
Much obliged. I'm mainly interested in 3 and 4, though I'll give the others a try if I can get them to work.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.